Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
yoonah

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:15:04 PM

Bitcoin has been going all time high for couple of months already and everyday a lot of people becoming a bitcoin investor so I think no one is going to replace bitcoin. The demand of bitcoin is too much and it makes it attract people to finally buy them selves bitcoin for the future.

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:49:19 AM

At first I thought it was impossible for Bitcoin to be replaced since it is the first cryptocurrency, but you are right, some altcoins may have better features than Bitcoin and people may prefer them instead.

Here's an analogy, lets imagine all cryptocurrencies are like mobile phones. Bitcoin is Nokia, and started the mobile phone trend. And soon after everyone started using Nokia. But brands like Blackberry, Samsung and Apple soon created their own phones, and Apple made a major breakthrough with a touchscreen function, where everyone gradually switched to that after a while, and now Nokia is outdated.

Bitcoin has our trust now, but other cryptocurrencies might overtake BTC in the future. Smiley
Everyday the possibility bitcoin is replaced seems to go down, the market is speaking very clearly and the investors want to put their money in bitcoin, it is true other coins are receiving investments as well but nothing like what it is happening in bitcoin at the moment.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:26:44 AM

Yes they can replaced it but bitcoin will not be out in the cryptocurrency
I am pretty sure you have not been following the trends that much and I can assume why you think bitcoin can be displaced.

Yes, no one knows the future and we can as well just assume that anything can happen. Nevertheless, you really need to take a huge look at the market cap and tell me how easy it is going to be for some of these coins to really step up their game to the extent that bitcoin would be bounced from that top?
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:07:37 PM

As according to bitcoin it has a long time hope for approximatly 20 to 25 years in the digital crypto curency , no wonder that at that time the technology may  be high by unimaginable height with no any limit. These are the only fiction guesses.

If what you said is true that bitcoin has that lifespan then maybe it can be replaced by another cryptocurrency.  But if there is no valid date for the existence of bitcoin, then I do not think that it can be replaced.  Bitcoin is the foindation of all digita coins.  If bitcoin will be gone so as digital currencies.
I think the same because bitcoin is a currency that is ruling the digital market now a days. It is the best in all the currencies and can’t be replaced by any other currency ever.

Bitcoin has gained popularity and now people trust it if any other currency tries to be best like bitcoin and work hard for it so I think it can come to its place but at that time bitcoin will be at a very good position than that currency because its development can’t be stopped.   
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:01:27 AM

It so impossible to replaced bitcoin by another cryptocurrency because bitcoin take a lot of years to make the best and most popular cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is better more than others cryptocurrency. Other cryptocurrency needs extra trust or needs more investor to overtake the bitcoin.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:00:42 AM

It so impossible to replaced bitcoin by another cryptocurrency because bitcoin take a lot of years to make the best and most popular cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is better more than others cryptocurrency. Other cryptocurrency needs extra trust or needs more investor to overtake the bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not better than other currency, get your facts straight. There are a lot of currency like ETH which is way better than bitcoin in terms of its technology and confirmation time. What happen here is that bitcoin is the first currency out there that can gain trust from a lot of investors. Heck, you can't even it used as micro payments because of its high fees, but being the prime movers of crypto's, there no doubt that it would take another coins to replace it. Maybe in the next 10 years or so, we are going to see coins that will replace it eventually.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hran1085

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:25:18 AM

I would expect that happen after a long while. Bitcoin is the oldest and accumulated a lot transactions in these years, there are a lot new coin, which promoted better technology, will take a longer time to develop, since the cryptocurrency market is very competitive compare to bitcoin is used to. But it is possible
Aristus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:03:58 AM

I don't think so that will happen for bitcoin since it is already stablish its own own power over all cryptocurrencies in this present days. But who knows the future? No one! So I think let the future reveal what awaits for bitcoin and the altcoins.
mung_nasib

Activity: 602

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:33:38 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
If I think it would be very difficult if a variety of altcoin able to replace bitcoin Because bitcoin enthusiasts are very much and maybe in the next few years continues to grow rapidly when prices are often increased to become a major factor.

Happy Miner

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:37:38 AM

Today bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency. If it once lost this status, then its place will be occupied by the etherium. Vitalik Butcherina's product is a very promising development.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:44:01 AM

Predicting what will happen in the future too hard, we don’t know if bitcoin can replace another cryptocurrency. For me, what will happen will I have a virtue to adjust or move on to others. But I think it takes many years to replace the bitcoin. Now I have the top 3 cryptocurrencies. Little by little make a plan so that what will happen I am ready.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:52:48 AM

I can't predict the future but i can forecast it, in recent events it proves that the tech used by miners to process btc transaction are getting old that is why we are facing a slow process right now, if someone or a group of individual could make a good system and device use for their own coin to mine i think there will be a time that an altcoin could replace bitcoin.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:11:43 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
I think there is no other cryptocurrency that can surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most and powerful cryptocurrency. There is no altcoin that can match the bitcoin. All of the people are preferred to use bitcoin than other cryptocurrency.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:21:00 AM

Bitcoin is not better than other currency, get your facts straight. There are a lot of currency like ETH which is way better than bitcoin in terms of its technology and confirmation time. What happen here is that bitcoin is the first currency out there that can gain trust from a lot of investors. Heck, you can't even it used as micro payments because of its high fees, but being the prime movers of crypto's, there no doubt that it would take another coins to replace it. Maybe in the next 10 years or so, we are going to see coins that will replace it eventually.
You cannot technically replace it as like what you have said it is the first one out there making it the most popular coin. But there will be cryptocurrencies that can replicate the price action of Bitcoin but to a certain price only. Look at Ethereum and Litecoin until now they are still on a uptrend and all of them started in a low price, if I were you stop looking for the next Bitcoin and start looking for the next big mover and  go big on it as it can make you really rich in the long term.
mware

Activity: 390

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:31:36 AM

i think no one can replace bitcoin. bitcoin is powerfull coin although many of the new coins out there already better in terms of technology. but altcoins are also based on the Bitcoin blockchain.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:44:32 AM

The answer is yes however, due to it's popularity, demand, and sky high value ($15K) today, it will definitely take time before it happens. Ethereum is a good example, with its added features, it is gaining popularity much faster than expected. It is not impossible that other crypto currency would even surpass BTC and ETH's flexibility and features so I think it's anyone's guess who will be at the top in the future.
Popularity is going to be the most difficult to overcome in the future for any alt, the market of crypto is still very limited to just a few million users but if bitcoin becomes massive then it is going to be a lot more difficult for an alt to surpass bitcoin in the future since people are not going to switch coins just because.
ForeverSmall

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:48:37 AM

in the near future may be not but in the far future it sure happened
new thing always replace old thing that nature rules
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:51:12 AM

Nothing is impossible, all things are very possible because at this time many people or companies that make coins or tokens so that one day can be used a lot of people and can replace bitcoin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:51:47 AM

Nothing is impossible, all things are very possible because at this time many people or companies that make coins or tokens so that one day can be used a lot of people and can replace bitcoin.

Yeah there's always that chance all the time. Several alts are presenting themselves well in the market right now though of course, the market is under bitcoin's reign being the most popular among all of them. And many right now are riding btc's popularity due to ita increased value. There will br a time when people will look beyond the price and see the features of these alts

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:01:13 PM

Bitcoin is the very reliable and strongest crypto currency that has won the trust of many users. But technology is constantly evolving and perhaps in the future its place will be taken by a more perfect coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: