Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:25:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike 1 Avalon Asic chip Mini USB miner  (Read 70595 times)
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:59:43 AM

It's so much easier to ship to retailers though!

I think it'll be something like (Prices VERY subject to change...)

1@ BTC 1
10@ BTC 0.75
50@ BTC 0.65
100@ BTC 0.6

I think ~550 will be sold and the rest mining personally and be kept as part of a limited warranty (if it breaks in X months, I'll replace it. While supplies last.)

Max order for first X days will be 10 units maybe? after that, if there are still any left, it'll be open to 50 and then 100.  General strategy assuming all the costs stay the same and bitcoin doesn't dip to low.

Sorry man, you might as well wholesale them at these prices, let the suckers on ebay pay $400.00 a pop for them each plus shipping.

If you can get to the .50 range I would gladly buy 10, give a few to some friends to get them into the game and keep some for myself.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:04:07 AM

Someone should just groupbuy em all at .6 and then organize shipping them out...

**Cough** Arklan **Cough**
Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:07:14 AM

It's so much easier to ship to retailers though!

I think it'll be something like (Prices VERY subject to change...)

1@ BTC 1
10@ BTC 0.75
50@ BTC 0.65
100@ BTC 0.6

I think ~550 will be sold and the rest mining personally and be kept as part of a limited warranty (if it breaks in X months, I'll replace it. While supplies last.)

Max order for first X days will be 10 units maybe? after that, if there are still any left, it'll be open to 50 and then 100.  General strategy assuming all the costs stay the same and bitcoin doesn't dip to low.

I get that you are doing this to make profit off of the sales of these but I see no possible way someone is going to make back a 1 or even the .75 btc investment. I think this would be much better at .5 or under (without shipping costs of course)

I know I personally won't be interested at all even at the bulk prices.

You said it's easier to ship to retailers and I get that but not the extreme variance from 1 unit to 100 units..You aren't including shipping in these costs are you?

I mean a good example is arklan who had to ship out 300+ units at only a .1 markup of original price. 0.4 markup is absolutely insane and quite honestly I didn't even expect the units themselves to cost 0.4.

It's very time consuming to do a lot of small orders.

Arklan is a cool dude, go ahead and buy from him. (although ASICMiner is juicing you guys real hard for this usbminer...)

I'm not just reshipping boards anyway considering I have to ship chips/ get them made and am fronting 100% of the costs.

I REALLY don't want to send 500 1 miner orders, which is why I priced singles at 1 BTC (cause I know at least 1 person will ask to buy one...) I'm most comfortable with 10 at a time at least. As for my profit margins, it's a free market and I think my current prices are low and reasonable, but by all means you can buy it elsewhere, it is open-source and all. The prices are also not set in stone at all and may go up or down.
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:08:08 AM

Someone should just groupbuy em all at .6 and then organize shipping them out...

**Cough** Arklan **Cough**

That is SO ok with me...
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:40:27 AM

I just feel there is a better way than either putting the burden on someone else or having ridiculous markups for small orders. How much effort goes into the shipping of 500 units? I imagine the bulk of it would be the labeling and traveling to and from post office right? I still think prices should be able to have at least a small margin of allowing miners to make some profit here.

I don't think that having such a high price on lower amounts to discourage buying in low quantities is a good idea. This is supposed to be something where you don't have to be spending a lot of money to be a part of btc mining. Please don't make this another block erupter that will never return investment because that isn't what most of us are here for. We want to see profit (even minimal) in mining; not via reselling on ebay, bitmit, amazon, or whatever.
LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:18:56 AM

I don't think that having such a high price on lower amounts to discourage buying in low quantities is a good idea. This is supposed to be something where you don't have to be spending a lot of money to be a part of btc mining. Please don't make this another block erupter that will never return investment because that isn't what most of us are here for. We want to see profit (even minimal) in mining; not via reselling on ebay, bitmit, amazon, or whatever.

I believe it would be more accurate to see the higher price not as a way to discourage, but as a way to compensate the vendor for the additional time and effort required to individually package label and ship a single product.  It is a time consuming process - easy to overlook when we're talking about one sale, but certainly not when considered cumulatively.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:23:48 AM

I just feel there is a better way than either putting the burden on someone else or having ridiculous markups for small orders. How much effort goes into the shipping of 500 units? I imagine the bulk of it would be the labeling and traveling to and from post office right? I still think prices should be able to have at least a small margin of allowing miners to make some profit here.

Well find a person willing to do a group buy when the time comes. I'm saying I personally don't want to deal with it.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:13:08 PM

So if we got someone to buy all 550 would the price still be .6?

Edit nvm just saw that btc is at sub 100...ive been basing this on a  115 price
sensei

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:57:59 PM

I'm happy to do small buys, the only hassle is shipping, but that's business....

K1's at 0.3 BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216952.0
btceic

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:03:15 PM

I'm happy to do small buys, the only hassle is shipping, but that's business....

K1's at 0.3 BTC

That seems like a good deal, thanks

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:23:07 PM

I'll buy 200 @ 0.5 each to resell on my site.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:28:26 PM

K1's at 0.3 BTC

That's not including the avalon chip which you have to provide to them. That's about .1 and then shipping is a hassle so all in all this buy is probably .1 more expensive with a bulk buy but this is so much more added convenience and probably will be ready faster.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:30:41 PM

I would be willing to buy for .6 if you did that but we need to see where the price is going to level out at. Hopefully it will pop back up to at least 115.
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

I would be willing to buy for .6 if you did that but we need to see where the price is going to level out at. Hopefully it will pop back up to at least 115.

from a buyers perspective, if ur pricing mining equipment in BTC, price of btc:usd should really not matter... since these things are for mining bitcoins only, your ROI would always remain in BTC... skip converting to scam currencies Smiley

btceic

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:43:09 PM

from a buyers perspective, if ur pricing mining equipment in BTC, price of btc:usd should really not matter... since these things are for mining bitcoins only, your ROI would always remain in BTC... skip converting to scam currencies Smiley

Their issue is that they have to purchase the raw equipment in fiat.

turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:45:22 PM

thats the sellers problem.

btceic

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Not disagreeing with you on this at all, just stating a fact as to why the prices are where they are at.

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:55:14 PM

Right but if bitcoin goes to sub 90, sub 80, or even sub 70 these miners will be more expensive because of the cost it takes to make them
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:30:01 PM

I won't mind getting some at 0.2btc each ..... Grin
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:35:15 PM

I won't mind getting some at 0.2btc each ..... Grin

maybe when btc is at 260 again lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: