Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:55:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless society  (Read 36220 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:14:47 PM

This need a lot of time to make a cashless society what you have stated. May be in developed countries this idea will be easy to apply but to make cashless society in underdeveloped countries where there are already so many major problems this need a long time.

Yes it really needs longer time to implement this kind of idea about cashless society,  because we are not only talking here the developed countries. We can consider those poorer countries and it maybe difficult for them to adopt the system of digit currency.  Educating people financed by government is the best key prior implementation of cashless spending.
But what is the point of making our world a cashless society? Why go all the trouble when Fiat currency is working fine in your society? I always think about what the question is rather than answering it immediately. Because I imagine a cashless society is like a world that only exist virtually no hard evidence that there is real money behind there economy and countries will take advantage of it and make their cryptocurrency be manipulated on the price they want it to be.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:01:51 AM

This need a lot of time to make a cashless society what you have stated. May be in developed countries this idea will be easy to apply but to make cashless society in underdeveloped countries where there are already so many major problems this need a long time.

Yes it really needs longer time to implement this kind of idea about cashless society,  because we are not only talking here the developed countries. We can consider those poorer countries and it maybe difficult for them to adopt the system of digit currency.  Educating people financed by government is the best key prior implementation of cashless spending.
But what is the point of making our world a cashless society? Why go all the trouble when Fiat currency is working fine in your society? I always think about what the question is rather than answering it immediately. Because I imagine a cashless society is like a world that only exist virtually no hard evidence that there is real money behind there economy and countries will take advantage of it and make their cryptocurrency be manipulated on the price they want it to be.

Cashless society might happen but big chances is that it won't happen all over nations. Did you guys even think we need stable and 24/7 unabrupt internet and electricity which is not possible in many countries and even some locations in develop countries. Cashless transactions will always be an option. 
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:16:52 AM

hhhmm ? I think it is possible as the technology grows more but not this time especially in my country. The payment for something we buy in our market is being exchange by fiat ONLY!! Well  at this time we already have ATM, credit cards but not all people have this or not all people can have this since they do not have money to put on this.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1068
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:45:35 PM

Think of how much of your money is already digital. Your salary, most of the bills you pay; even when you get cash it is normally an electronic transfer at an ATM. Digital cash is not a coming trend. It is the norm now.

Yes, when I worked at my company it really began that electronic cash may be possible. ATM are now popular

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:02:00 PM

It is possible to have a pure cashless society but it will defiantly take time. Who would have thought hundreds of year back that Bartar system will be replaced by Fiat and then the debit credit card as replacement for Cash. Soon the digital world will be make a reality with the help of Bitcoin and altcoins.
This will be a truly cashless society maybe 50 years from now.  Grin

Agree. A cashless society make take up quite some time before it becomes a reality, since there are many factors which limits its ability to do so in the future such as limited worldwide internet access, and blockchain inmaturity. There are many things that need to become improved on, towards helping speed up a cashless society.

Also, governments like the US have shown enthusiasm towards blockchain technology which shows a sign that we're heading towards the path of becoming cashless in the future. By then, fiat currencies will be turned into digital currencies issued by governments, while cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin will co-exist with them for many years to come.

With all of this in mind, a cashless society would enable a new global economic order, leaving the power to the governments to audit and keep track of our financial information wherever we go. Just my thoughts Grin
Agreed! It is not insane to aspire for a cashless society. Bitcoins have got the potential of reducing the usage of fiat currency. Our governments will always mind us to use a currency that’s not under their control.

They might think about digital currency as a new official currency of the state but again it won’t be decentralized one. Rather all money will be under the control of government. If bitcoins really want to make society a cashless global village, they certainly need few improvements.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:06:24 PM

Its almost here actually. Visa card had already made it happen, they are not talking crypt but if all are using visa card, cashless is possible. crypto society may not really be happening during our generation, it may take another10 years before half the world will accept coins.

Lol, yeah if we see it as only cashless option we can use that itself. If you are planning for digital currency option in the sense you need to wait for bitcoin or other altcoins will increase it more everywhere and legalization of digital currency happen in every country.

Still we may not seen this in our lifetime. True with not just visa cards, more we use this more we are in cashless society. But we need to know that not use card (visa, master, diners, maestro) and that they are still countries that relay more on fiat rather then plastic. For cryptos to achieve this will take time maybe like btctube mentioned 10 years maybe more or less but eventually it will come to this.
As bitcoin is going now a days and people are taking interest like that people will likely to use in a future bitcoin instead cash. So bitcoin is now looking to master card to provide there users. That they will use instead wallets. To easily withdraw there money any where they want. So, it will be happen soon again maybe in 2018.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:46:52 PM

hhhmm ? I think it is possible as the technology grows more but not this time especially in my country. The payment for something we buy in our market is being exchange by fiat ONLY!! Well  at this time we already have ATM, credit cards but not all people have this or not all people can have this since they do not have money to put on this.
i think that it can only be possible if the number of bitcoin users increase more and more. i am sure that the number of bitcoin users are continuously increase because the popularity of bitcoin is increasing from time to time.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:22:12 PM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

Cashless society. If this will be come true. This will be great because of fast transactions everytime you make payment. No more snatchers in the street just a hacker or phishing site that will cause threats. Easy and convenient way of living.
richardfisk

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:12:17 PM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Cashless society. If this will be come true. This will be great because of fast transactions everytime you make payment. No more snatchers in the street just a hacker or phishing site that will cause threats. Easy and convenient way of living.
Cash and cryptocurrencies have their own strength and weakness. It is not right to say that the transaction will be faster in the cashless society. As you can see, when you make a face-to-face trade, cash is always the fastest way because you only need to give them a piece of paper which has value come from the government.

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:52:48 PM

Cash and cryptocurrencies have their own strength and weakness. It is not right to say that the transaction will be faster in the cashless society. As you can see, when you make a face-to-face trade, cash is always the fastest way because you only need to give them a piece of paper which has value come from the government.
Dealing with cash is any time dangerous. Small amount transaction is ok but for huge amount transaction cashless is the best option it takes less time to deposit and no more tension. Sometimes we will get fake notes in paper money, but in online it is not possible. Paper money transaction is very fast but not safety and crypto currencies transaction are little bit slow, but it is secure transaction.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:57:22 PM

Sometimes is better to do this on paper like you said especially if this is used for "corruption" of government. However we are in era of internet and wireless communication and 80% of all money transaction in the world is being made on line. So for each passing day we are more and more cashless society in some sort of this word.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Adbitco

Activity: 1442
Merit: 664

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 07:42:55 PM

This is not governments version of cashless society. Governments think that even with the existing economic system where there's no blockchain etc and most of economies depend on banks people can still go cashless and in that way it's still a cashless society. As senior members already said that when you make payments using your debit or credit card it's still cashless. Having a cashless society doesn't necessarily have to have a blockchain and to have a cashless society doesn't need to have a decentralized digital currency backed by blockchain which is more transparent and dependable.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AbbyS

Activity: 208
Merit: 104

Excellence is an attitude

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:33:14 PM

We are almost in a cashless society, when was the last time you used cash to buy anything that costs more than a couple $ ?

AltcoinsTalks
⟫⟫ Offers bitcointalk users possibility to teleport their rank  ⟫⟫  Read details <<
Join more bounties on 2 forums

friscomuted

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:02:17 PM

It's true someday we will use digital currency, i really don't know how it would work. The big deal is that people that live in poverty may suffer this big change.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:36:45 PM

I am a programmer or you can say I am a developer that means I can predict the possibilities of how and where can new technology like Bitcoin and hologram can be used and what can be made with these type of technology.i believe Bitcoin was the best concept till now but it was not very surprising as we were dreaming of something like this already and now it is shown . I believe now the government will make the next super currency which will be our world changing payment method for everyone.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:11:27 PM

Still we may not seen this in our lifetime. True with not just visa cards, more we use this more we are in cashless society. But we need to know that not use card (visa, master, diners, maestro) and that they are still countries that relay more on fiat rather then plastic. For cryptos to achieve this will take time maybe like btctube mentioned 10 years maybe more or less but eventually it will come to this.

Agree. Cryptocurrencies are still new to the scene, and it may take a couple of years for them to mature and become fully recognized in the mainstream world. With this in mind, a cashless society make take quite some time to become a reality. But when it does, our world will change in ways that we never thought it was possible.

With the advent of blockchain technology, it may render existing payment solutions obsolete (if they don't make the switch) like Visa, MasterCard, and even PayPal. Since cryptocurrencies offer efficiency, security, and extremely low fees, they have the potential of radically transform our society for the better.

Perhaps, fiat currencies will follow in making the transition towards blockchain technology, making them co-exist with cryptocurrencies in a cashless society. But in the meantime, we could rest assured that Bitcoin and the majority of other cryptocurrencies will continue to evolve and become widely used in the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Ayiranorea

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:26:37 PM

Creating a cashless society is simply a hard task, because right now very few countries have got majority of the people with good educational base. To create an entire system function on cashless manner education or people to be with knowledge is a must. So this is possible in selected first world countries.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:00:25 PM

Cashless states are possible only when the developed countries are going to make bitcoins as their official currency. Those countries that are hub of technology are soon going to enjoy cashless society but those states that are still in process of development might not achieve this state even for next complete century. Somehow, cashless society is risky as well.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:58:38 PM

i think that it can only be possible if the number of bitcoin users increase more and more. i am sure that the number of bitcoin users are continuously increase because the popularity of bitcoin is increasing from time to time.
Yes now a days if we compare every past year with new year always new year result is a better than a past year. But 2017 has proved that 2017 better then whole from old people to kids now know about bitcoin and people are talking interesting as you said. So one day bitcoin will be common worldwide countries. People will invest instead banks in bitcoin.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:01:06 PM

Cashless states are possible only when the developed countries are going to make bitcoins as their official currency. Those countries that are hub of technology are soon going to enjoy cashless society but those states that are still in process of development might not achieve this state even for next complete century. Somehow, cashless society is risky as well.

Ha ha... Why on earth would governments be eager to yield the monetary space to Bitcoin. Their dream would be a cashless society where each and every financial transaction that you make can be tracked and analyzed. Higher credit card and debit card usage is what they would be dreaming about, not Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: