Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:12:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35052 times)
MSZCoin

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

Revolution

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:38:45 AM

Facing problems that BTC is much like the problems when the Napster first came out .
But people in time used it globally no matter what bans gov. tried to force.

BTG KING

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kdiag

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:49:55 AM

We need to relax, and calmly watch, at the end of the year the price will be pleasant to please !!
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:44:28 PM

People really doubt bitcoin especially people that are looking for long term investments. I don't blame them. Tomorrow bitcoin will still be there, and the other days too. That's known by everybody, but how about in the far future? I want to mention first that bitcoin will lose its value but it will not be an overnight thing. Bitcoin's downfall will be full of FUD and it will rather be a slow thing. It's not just one instant and then boom! bitcoin has no more value.

It is totally possible for bitcoin to lose its value. It's only normal for us to think that our current technology will eventually be obsolete and be replaced by a better tech. Bitcoin is not an exception for that but bitcoin can be adaptive with things so making it obsolete will require a huge improvement for that new tech. Altcoins claim to replace bitcoin but you see none of them going near bitcoin's position.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:15:42 AM

yes it can it is depend on trust and may people trust with bitcoin there days  so ans for short time no
I think nothing of the kind is going to happen because we are seeing the continuous increase in the price of bitcoin in the market, so it means that the people are joining bitcoin business and the demand graph is going high in graph.
The demand and value of bitcoin are inversely proportional to each other, then, if the demand increase, so how the value would be decreased. Soon it would be declared a legal cryptocurrency across the world. 
You are very much right. I think this is more than impossible sort of thing to happen. The way Bitcoin is gaining the attention of so many people sitting in the market as well as investors, this will be little injustice to say this thing that Bitcoin will lose its value. In fact we can expect it to have more value in the future.

Hk009

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:17:32 AM

I don't think it is gonna happen. Because it already took its place in world market. Maybe for a short time it can loose its value but it will not take forever.
Symphony_fr

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:34:55 AM

I don't think it is gonna happen. Because it already took its place in world market. Maybe for a short time it can loose its value but it will not take forever.

No one can predict the exact future. Although bitcoin is not controlled by anyone, many other currencies are being created that can start to be in great demand among people and thereby destroy bitcoin.

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:46:27 AM

no it will go other side till now bitcoin to reach it is real value it is about 7500$

the answer will be yes only if bitcoin system hacked
I think it is not an easy thing for Bitcoin to lose its value. It is just the start of an era of Bitcoin. It has started in a very beautiful manner and I think the way it has gained this much fame, it will continue to earn more name in the market and amongst the investors by giving them even more profit than now.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
adiksau0414

Activity: 434

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:44:07 PM

Lose?  Maybe not.  Maybe in some point in the time,  it will decrease value but will not be replaced.  As of many cyptocurrencies in the market,  the competion is always there and there's always a winner and non-winner. But we cant predict the future. We have just wait and see what might happen in the world of crytocurrencies.

Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
Downfalls are always expected after pumps in Bitcoin , because it is volatile such that fluctuations seems to be normal. There'll be times of its value rising and ofcourse falling. But I doubt that it will fall hard that would make its value as it was before since Bitcoin's price currently is way high than it was before. The high demand that it is getting won't allow it to fall that much, so that would be impossible in my opinion.

2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:06:53 PM

It's always a threat that came to my mind whenever I used to think about this.
I've always had the dilemma to see a country like China dumping off hard but they were helpless, but they must be considered as the most influencing factors which used to affect the price of Bitcoins due to their very active involvement in it. Bitcoins could drop hard once countries start to drop their idea of its acceptance and stop their citizens from using it, but I don't think it will be possible till many years from now because Bitcoin is still infant and has a lot to gain against losing its identity amongst everyone because there are still a lot of people who don't even know about Bitcoins yet.

Bitcoin could lose its price, but not VALUES.
Turiettly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:57:22 AM

Almost everything can shed its worth when time comes. With bitcoin it is also possible but it will consider a good deal of time for that to come about. Now, it is a rising forex. These who lose worth dont have assistance from the individuals who are using it, not like this bitcoin.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:50:30 AM

Though there are countries that ban bitcoin transactions. There are also some countries that allow and support the use of bitcoin. Bitcoin cannot lose its value, it is just too impossible to happen.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:13:19 AM

Hey!
Well the thing is bitcoin's value can go up or it can go down no one knows.
It can be banned it can loose its value there is nothing that is certain also...its not a govt. Driven currency that would be stable.
So ..
 Nothing can be said..it soley depends upon its market value.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:20:59 AM

It is actually very easy for bitcoin to loose it's value pretty quickly if the majority starts to believe a fake news that is against bitcoin then there would be a major market dump and then there will be the loss of billions of dollars of market cap of bitcoin.
And that is exactly what happened a few days ago, there were some bad news and then FUD began to spread an people began to sell their coins for a loss because of the fake news, bitcoin is slowly recovering but that should show to us to not be weak hands in the future.

What happened is that Chinese are withdrawing money from bitcoin and other currencies on crypto market. Not all of them I believe, some are still holding like I do. Price will recover soon, there is no need for panic ups and downs are normal thing for bitcoin.
Everything is possible in right circumstances, but bitcoin to lose its value many people should give up from bitcoin in same time and when will that happen? Community is growing and don't be worried about this, money needs to flow in and out, but each year more money is in crypto market.
While I’m a new member in the forum the small amount of bitcoin that I have is something that I’m planning to hold for the long term, I’m not going to sell, I trust that bitcoin is going to reach greater heights and that this is nothing more than a correction.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 04:23:35 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

Of course it is possible, yes Bitcoin has really eveolved and gotten stronger as the time passed that it has existed. It has broke down barriers and survived government band but one thing is for certain there can come a time that it might fall.

man1996

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:59:08 AM

Everything is possible in this world.Bitcoin can loose it's value too.But it may happen that the only currency in the world left will be bitcoin in the future which can be a possibility.Bitcoin is volatile and we cannot guess what will happen in the future.

Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:29:26 AM

Yes, it is possible but the chances that Bitcoin will loose all its value are very very low simply because of the fact that it is one of the most popular crypto in the market and alot of people have invested their money in it.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:30:53 AM

Yes, it is possible but the chances that Bitcoin will loose all its value are very very low simply because of the fact that it is one of the most popular crypto in the market and alot of people have invested their money in it.
It will lose value, but not by a big margin. That means it will not go to zero value why because as you told there are many investors invested on this coin and they will not allow going this coin zero. We may see $1k or $2k price drop in bitcoins, but it will not come under $1k this is my hard feeling.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:33:17 AM

Maybe someday, because we don't know anything about the future technology. But right now, I think it's hard to take down the whole system of bitcoin. As long as there are people who develop and use this coin, bitcoin will always be there and not die. Besides, who want to get rit of this amazing currency ?
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:10:43 PM

yes it can it is depend on trust and may people trust with bitcoin there days  so ans for short time no
I think nothing of the kind is going to happen because we are seeing the continuous increase in the price of bitcoin in the market, so it means that the people are joining bitcoin business and the demand graph is going high in graph.
The demand and value of bitcoin are inversely proportional to each other, then, if the demand increase, so how the value would be decreased. Soon it would be declared a legal cryptocurrency across the world.  
I think you need to revise your statement because demand and value are directly proportional to each other in the market. More people are if going after bitcoins, it means people need them and bitcoins are benefiting them. Taking advantage of this thing, bitcoins will automatically increase in price.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: