Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35054 times)
emma46

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:55:09 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

I think so. If years from now, people had chosen a different coin which they'll be valuing the same as how they value bitcoin now, it signifies the downfall of the value of bitcoin since people no longer acknowledge it as something valuable. Another scenario would be when people will not use internet anymore, then everything inside the internet will lose it's value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:56:26 AM

For me, yes it is possible for bitcoin to lose its value in the future if bitcoin reach its limit. But right now the price of bitcoin is unstable, and even that’s happening many users are still buying bitcoin, and the demand for bitcoin are still increasing. The bitcoin price will always depend on its order when the demand for it is again raising the amount will also improve.  Smiley
Bitcoin will not reach its limit because i believed that bitcoin doesn't have any limit because the bitcoin is still improving and adjusting its system day by day and in the future we can see bitcoin that is better and also one of the best option in the future to use and even right now it is already one of the best. Bitcoin has a chance to lose its value but it will not happen if we will maintain the health of bitcoin.
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:17:33 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
I don't think so. The value of bitcoin is too expensive already and it would take up a very long time before the value of bitcoin will totally loose its value. It may be hard to imagine that it will lose its value but that may happen if a big crisis occured between bitcoin and the government. Although governments are the one that runs the world system, bitcoin's potential and power can still defeat it considering the fact that most of the people will support bitcoin than the government.

We cannot predict what will happen in the future. Even today the price really increases, we do not know until when it will continue to rise because there there is also a hard dump after that. It is not all the time that it will give profit, sometimes it will make you to pose profit either. Maybe when the government interrupt and there is less number of investors and have low price will be the start for Bitcoin to lose it's value.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:58:38 PM

I think so. If years from now, people had chosen a different coin which they'll be valuing the same as how they value bitcoin now, it signifies the downfall of the value of bitcoin since people no longer acknowledge it as something valuable. Another scenario would be when people will not use internet anymore, then everything inside the internet will lose it's value.

If there will be a coin that could overpass the bitcoin but now i think there are just only the next bitcoin in the future but cant overpass the bitcoin when it comes to the price because we all know that the price of bitcoin right now is really high. Still you are right if all of the bitcoin user will transfering to another coin then no one will hold a bitcoin then i think it could be likely happen to lose its value or make it stable and there are no signs of going up or going down, it is just a stable price.
stan_almighty1

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:59:45 PM

Bitcoin is the volatile thing so it means it could turns into a worthless if there is something disadvanatge happen to it . So the answer is yes.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:16:45 PM

It is possible when hackers attack bitcoin community and other wallets that related to bitcoin. But bitcoin is very stable and untraceable thats why hackers can do a way to make bitcoin lose.
lalunalaguna

Activity: 127
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:28:21 PM

For my opinion, I think it is possible that bitcoin can lose its value if people will just keep on holding their bitcoins because it will turn out that bitcoin circulation will be abducted since people tend to just keep on holding and the real essence of being a cryptocurrency or a currency itself will be abducted so it will result to the losing of bitcoin's value. But if the circulation will be continuously happening, then there is no reason for bitcoin to lose its value since it has already made its way to the top and no wonder that it will never dump to a very low price once again.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:39:49 PM

it will be a big blow for everyone if it loses its value...a lot of people have invested their money in it...but I don't think that it will happen overnight...we can foresee this
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:21:35 PM

For my opinion, I think it is possible that bitcoin can lose its value if people will just keep on holding their bitcoins because it will turn out that bitcoin circulation will be abducted since people tend to just keep on holding and the real essence of being a cryptocurrency or a currency itself will be abducted so it will result to the losing of bitcoin's value. But if the circulation will be continuously happening, then there is no reason for bitcoin to lose its value since it has already made its way to the top and no wonder that it will never dump to a very low price once again.
If Bitcoin can not be the currency for global payment, the value of Bitcoin will not be stable because the nature of the asset in market is always has fluctuation in the value. Of course, the fluctuation of Bitcoin is not normally as other asset, it is crazy and stronger than Gold or stock, therefore, the profits and loss always high at here.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:29:58 PM

As for now that bitcoin was already approaching into its highest price peak before the year ends, it is now far to possible that bitcoin will lose its value. I can say that bitcoin can no longer lose its value now that many people has already recognize bitcoin's existence because of what bitcoin has already got right now. With this continuous popularity, bitcoin for me can no longer lose its value compared to the previous scenarios.
The value of Bitcoin can not become worthless in next few years, I can be sure that.
But, if you want to say the value of Bitcoin can not become worthless after 1 century or less than is just 10 years, I can not be sure this future will not become true. Cheesy
There is only one possibility that bitcoin can lose its value and that is if bitcoin price stay remain on one place because price is very important for bitcoin that’s why people are joining it and some countries make bitcoin legal just because of its price and stability and I think it will never happen because bitcoin don’t compromise for its price because bitcoin want to be on the top of all currencies and I’m sure that bitcoin will go more high in coming time.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:31:15 PM

It is possible to lose value even to 0$ but it won't happen, nowadays we are able to see only some downs which could just make pumps bigger and faster (more bitcoins will be bought in this type of situation).

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:00:36 PM

Of course, the price of bitcoin can fall down. For now, there's nothing indicates. It would be hard for all if the value of a bitcoin lost.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

Bitcoin can loose its value in a matter of seconds if everybody would decide to sell and if there was noone to buy it. A currency becomes valuable when people are believing in it and when its looked at to be something of value. The same goes for Bitcoin as for gold.

There are several other reasons that could make Bitcoin loose its value, but the most significant would be when people lost the trust in it and would abandon it therefore.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:16:38 PM

I think everything can happen, bitcoin is decentralized so there is no guarantee it will continue to be used, let alone no country has officially legalized bitcoin so one day it loses value.

Vicrey

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:20:31 PM

maybe it would happen but in just short period of time I guess no one could predict what happen in a pass few years maybe bitcoin became a paper money or remain a virtual money, theres a lot of things would happen, if that happen the owner of the bitcoin is always find a way on how they can resolve the problem and become number one currency again
Prince786

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:06:24 PM

It can lose its value it's not volatile we cannot predict the value of Bitcoin.Bitcoin losing it value mean the end of internet because bitcoin has an inherent valuation. it has it's ups and downs but it definitely goes upward. It continue to rise up to now. Should there'll be a time that bitcoin is of no use, that's the time that internet is also dead because due to accessibility of internet nowadays, bitcoin became popular.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:58:21 AM

Well it is yes because we cannot control the value of the bitcoin either the value of it will rise or fall. As of now the value of it is continually progressing but we cannot say that it will never be fall down but there is a tendency that someday it will fall because there is many factors that can affect the value of the bitcoin that is why it cannot remain in constant and always changing from time to time. I can say the value of bitcoin will lost but I cannot when it will happen but I hope it wouldn't because it helps a lot of people to surpass their daily challenges.
Yeah you are right nothing is not permanent but bitcoin has come so far that here losing value will not matter so much because the prices are at 15k and this show the scope of bitcoin that it is now becoming global coin and people are using it all over the world whatever their goals are but the main thing is the crashing time has gone and if it lose value than it will be up to some hundred dollars only and people will take advantage,
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:14:53 AM

Of course, the price of bitcoin can fall down. For now, there's nothing indicates. It would be hard for all if the value of a bitcoin lost.

It seems possible that the price of Bitcoin is going down drastically and that's what everyone is worried about.   Undecided
Charisse1229

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:25:27 AM

It seems possible that the price of Bitcoin is going down drastically and that's what everyone is worried about.   Undecided

There is only one possibility that bitcoin can lose its value and that is if bitcoin price stay remain, and not enjoy and happy the people used it and it will not gain more benefits to it. We cannot predict what will happen in the future. Even today the price really increases, It seems possible that the price of Bitcoin is going down.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:50:45 AM

Yes every thing is possible in the currencies market bitcoin is famous for high value and therefore it is known in the market. bitcoin is highly using for making money through the investment and trading of this currency the bitcoin may fall its value in the mid of next year as it is not the 100% true this prediction may fall i am saying on the basis of  altcoins popularity. some of the new coins are coming with great demand in the market so may be the users shift the preferences in the next year

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: