Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather Vs McGregor: Info and prediction thread  (Read 11705 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:32:28 PM

Conner started really well, it impressed everyone, but we all knew who was going to be the winner that night, Im sorry for those who betted on Mcgregor, he did really well for being his first boxing match, but at the end the GOAT won once again. 50-0.

McGregor had some great movement at the start and was angling really well.

Biggest problem for him was not knowing how to defend when Mayweather started pressuring him. He's used to do kicks, takedowns and grappling to defend which is compeletely useless in boxing.

I think lack of experience (both in defense and energy expenditure) got the better of him.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:17:57 PM

Conor looked tired to me by the 2nd round.

Being only 29 and in his prime, Conor should have a good cardio/endurance advantage over an older opponent like Floyd who is pushing 40 years of age.

I'm thinking Conor's fighting career could be over. There are many good athletes in MMA who would run circles around Floyd when it comes to cardio. Conor may no longer be able to compete.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:29:38 PM

This must be the biggest fight in recent history between any fighters.  They have milked this one pretty good for sure.  I have heard both fighters have had training sessions together with eachother.  Seems a bit over friendly but as long as McGregor can knock out mayweather i dont mind.  I assume 90% of people are watching this purely for the chance of a knock out v mayweather.  I would however not be surprised if this whole thing was rigged to make a ton of money. everyone wants to watch it, there is so much money here i dont they want to risk health.
I do not call this the biggest fight in recent history,it is the biggest money grabber in the history of sports without a doubt,everyone who tunes to watch this fight wants to know how the fight will play and the purist will mostly ignore this fight ,the ticket charges are insanely high to even purchase one but how can they rig a fight ,they will have to face legal charges if it is rigged.

So after watching it how do you feel now? to me that looked pretty staged. The agreement went something like this imo - 1.)nobody gets hurt 2.) conor gets to go deep into the the fight etc, past half way but flyod gets to win. 3.) When Flyod starts coming forward thats when conor has to back off and let Flyod dictate. 

There is just too much at stake not to rig the fight, its really hard to tell its rigged also, they know this. Follow the money trail.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

So after watching it how do you feel now? to me that looked pretty staged. The agreement went something like this imo - 1.)nobody gets hurt 2.) conor gets to go deep into the the fight etc, past half way but flyod gets to win. 3.) When Flyod starts coming forward thats when conor has to back off and let Flyod dictate.  

There is just too much at stake not to rig the fight, its really hard to tell its rigged also, they know this. Follow the money trail.

What exactly is at stake here?
Nothing lol
They get some money whether they win or lose, it's just boxing.
Ofcourse Mayweather won, he's a fucking boxer, McGregor would kill him in an octagon.
Very pleasently surprised by McGregor, he was really good considering he's not a boxer.

Looking for a signature campaign.
bumblebee24

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

www.valuebetting.org

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 09:47:12 PM

Fight wasn't rigged, what are you talking about! It was a typical Mayweather fight and result was exactly as expected if McGregor wasn't able to finish him early. The was no way McGregor would have stamina to last 10+ rounds; he punched him self out. Cutting a lot of weight didn't help either, but he did land 100+ punched and by that I'm really surprised. Not surprised by the out come at all.
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:50:30 PM

Congratulation to mcgregor for making it to 10th rounds with mayweather. We clearly see that this is mayweather's game but mcgregor fought a good match against him. At the end of the match they will end up with huge money. I wonder if mayweather will go to octagon to have rematch with mcgregor but i think it won't happen. Maybe mayweather will retire now.

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:12:14 AM

This must be the biggest fight in recent history between any fighters.  They have milked this one pretty good for sure.  I have heard both fighters have had training sessions together with eachother.  Seems a bit over friendly but as long as McGregor can knock out mayweather i dont mind.  I assume 90% of people are watching this purely for the chance of a knock out v mayweather.  I would however not be surprised if this whole thing was rigged to make a ton of money. everyone wants to watch it, there is so much money here i dont they want to risk health.
I do not call this the biggest fight in recent history,it is the biggest money grabber in the history of sports without a doubt,everyone who tunes to watch this fight wants to know how the fight will play and the purist will mostly ignore this fight ,the ticket charges are insanely high to even purchase one but how can they rig a fight ,they will have to face legal charges if it is rigged.

It was certainly rigged for Floyd to win the fight no matter what he was getting his 50th win and become 50-0. Too much money was on the line and they had to make the fight go into the late stages because of all those people that paid big dollars to get a front row seat. Just imagine it lasted 1 round how pissed all them people would be. Floyd is only about the money anyway and with most of his fights many of them looked scripted for him to win. 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:40:07 AM

Connor could go into boxing full time if there's more money to be made in the ring. That is all he is after nowadays. And he wasn't that bad considering he fought a 40 year old, unbeaten boxer. Maybe a Pacquiao-Mcgregor fight would turn out to be more exciting as both fighters like to engage in brawls and not back down.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:00:01 AM

I say Congratulations to Floyd Mayweather for winning against Conor McGregor ! Though, It was rigged  we all knew he was going  to  win.
But for not being  a boxer and only training  for a few months  McGregor went 10 rounds with a guy that  is  supposed to be the best lmfao
everybody will feel the same way as you , the game are all about money! we can see the report that almost in every single book McGregor was favorited to win. but the result make everybody disappointed. we live in the crazy world isn't it?

it is like a battle for the best against the newcomer , everybody know it but they try to play against the odds!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:04:03 AM

Connor could go into boxing full time if there's more money to be made in the ring. That is all he is after nowadays. And he wasn't that bad considering he fought a 40 year old, unbeaten boxer. Maybe a Pacquiao-Mcgregor fight would turn out to be more exciting as both fighters like to engage in brawls and not back down.
Yup. Gonna be more exciting than chicken mayweather. I think Paquiao will knock him out at the sixth round because Paquiao is faster. McGregor did good at that fight tho. He fucked him at the rear side which Mayweather really like. McGregor also is point wise boxer. Although Mayweather doesn't anything but slap. And oh, he is also doing hammer fist. Atleast McGregor proves that he can box with top caliber chicken i mean boxer. Mayweather is lucky because Mcgregor used to fight on shorter time. McGregor is really out of gas at tenth round. Anyway, both fighters are happy now because their profit is huge.
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:33:22 AM

Conner started really well, it impressed everyone, but we all knew who was going to be the winner that night, Im sorry for those who betted on Mcgregor, he did really well for being his first boxing match, but at the end the GOAT won once again. 50-0.

McGregor had some great movement at the start and was angling really well.

Biggest problem for him was not knowing how to defend when Mayweather started pressuring him. He's used to do kicks, takedowns and grappling to defend which is compeletely useless in boxing.

I think lack of experience (both in defense and energy expenditure) got the better of him.

I do agree about the early rounds McGregor does have landed significant punches and pressuring Floyd. But the biggest problem? Don't know how to defend? Well, if you clearly watch the first 6 six rounds in which McGregor can anticipate Floyd's attacks but let's face it, Conor is only built for 3 Rounds. The succeeding rounds, Conor is totally exhausted that cause him not to defend. He's tired and Floyd took advantage of it and landed a lot of significant punches. Defense is not the problem with Conor (If you look at Conor's fights in the UFC. His counter punching skill is his best defense.) His lack of stamina causes him that fight.

I really wanted Floyd to lose, but in the first place that is his ring, his home, and his throne. Floyd's gameplan was to get Conor exhausted (which really happen) and use it to defeat him. Floyd is known for having a long fight, do defense most of the time. His accuracy leads him to land punches that are not that damaging but will surely land a point and win via UD.

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:24:18 AM

I say Congratulations to Floyd Mayweather for winning against Conor McGregor ! Though, It was rigged  we all knew he was going  to  win.
But for not being  a boxer and only training  for a few months  McGregor went 10 rounds with a guy that  is  supposed to be the best lmfao
everybody will feel the same way as you , the game are all about money! we can see the report that almost in every single book McGregor was favorited to win. but the result make everybody disappointed. we live in the crazy world isn't it?

it is like a battle for the best against the newcomer , everybody know it but they try to play against the odds!

Conor partied all night after the fight. LOL. It's really all for the money. He 10x of what he gets from MMA. And for those fights, they should learn their lessons here. "Stay on your sports", boxing is for boxers only, MMA is for UFC fighters. It's really hard to do cross-over fights unless everyone's gameplan including Dana White is for the money.

On a side note:

Floyd claimed he has injured his hands and didn't spar that much because he wants to rest it. I think the awkwardness plus lack of sparring made the performance look subpar at Floyd's level. But a win is a win, nevertheless.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:45:12 AM

Well well i told you all in starting itself mayweather is going to win it easily. The match was intense both sides looked really strong but in the end we could clearly see McGregor was out of stamina and he felt like giving up.
Congrats to money mayweather again who won after a 23 months break and becoming the only boxer winning 50-0 in his career. For McGregor he is still young and still has lot of years ahead him
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:47:40 AM

What exactly is at stake here?
Nothing lol
They get some money whether they win or lose, it's just boxing.
Ofcourse Mayweather won, he's a fucking boxer, McGregor would kill him in an octagon.
Very pleasently surprised by McGregor, he was really good considering he's not a boxer.

Whats at stake you ask? 1.) the 50-0 record, being the "greatest" will make mayweather more ongoing money, losing to a UFC guy would cost him money he makes outside the ring. 2.) Making the public feel like they got value for money is important, it had to go at least a few rounds, this needs rigging. 3.) Any real fighting comes with risk of injury, why would you want to risk life changing injury to make some money.  

Makes more sense just to rig it, its safer all round.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:10:28 AM

It all happened just how I predicted it. This game is just for money.
They are staining the world of boxing and the Association just let it happen.
All trash talks are just for publicity and to make people see it will be a good fight but it ends up just an act.
Pffft. Not even worth to watch in pay per view good thing I didnt applied to watch it there. It is sickening to watch. Also just to break the record of Rocky. Pfft. He is not a worthy to be compared with Rocky.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:17:32 AM

All trash talks are just for publicity and to make people see it will be a good fight but it ends up just an act.
Pffft. Not even worth to watch in pay per view good thing I didnt applied to watch it there. It is sickening to watch. Also just to break the record of Rocky. Pfft. He is not a worthy to be compared with Rocky.

I totally agree with you, Floyd mayweather is a complete marketer and he's fooling boxing fans every now and then with his pre match antics and trash talks. I bet they planned it so well in order to sell this fight and they've succeeded once again so I agree with your call on the boxing association to sit up.
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:00:36 PM

Oh well McGregor didn't care that he lost the fight at all, it was all about the money and for an athlete who was worth $27 M his whole career so far, I think making $100 M in just a single night is definitely a goldmine for him. I will give it to though He won the first to fourth round and it was only after he tired that Mayweather got into the game.

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:40:44 PM

Oh well McGregor didn't care that he lost the fight at all, it was all about the money and for an athlete who was worth $27 M his whole career so far, I think making $100 M in just a single night is definitely a goldmine for him. I will give it to though He won the first to fourth round and it was only after he tired that Mayweather got into the game.

I think saying McGregor didn't care that he lost the fight at all is nonsense. McGregor is extremely competitive, he hates to lose, in general everyone in the elite of sports is very competitive and hates to lose above everything else, there's no way he isn't going to be mad about the loss for weeks.

I also believe that he had self belief in everything he said, including how he would KO him under 4 rounds, but when it's all said and done, Mayweather has 21 years of experience and that was clear during the fight, even if we clearly didn't saw the best Mayweather, he had enough to beat him.

McGregor needs to work on his cardio and also managing his energy more. He wasted too much energy punching on Floyd's gloves and doing useless clinching, so by the end of round 7 he became a tired punching bag, he realized this quickly after the fight.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:44:39 PM

I think saying McGregor didn't care that he lost the fight at all is nonsense. McGregor is extremely competitive, he hates to lose, in general everyone in the elite of sports is very competitive and hates to lose above everything else, there's no way he isn't going to be mad about the loss for weeks.

I also believe that he had self belief in everything he said, including how he would KO him under 4 rounds, but when it's all said and done, Mayweather has 21 years of experience and that was clear during the fight, even if we clearly didn't saw the best Mayweather, he had enough to beat him.

McGregor needs to work on his cardio and also managing his energy more. He wasted too much energy punching on Floyd's gloves and doing useless clinching, so by the end of round 7 he became a tired punching bag, he realized this quickly after the fight.

He just realize his lack of experience with boxing, just like what I said in my recent post here Mcgregor would not stand a chance against a more experience boxer and a Floyd had a much more stamina than Mcgregor so that is how I predicted that the odds will all go to Floyd not because of the great training but the experience in the ring that he takes the advantage, but if the fight is in the MMA ring Mcgregor will have a slight chance against Floyd, McGregor literally has a hand caught in a boxing match.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

I beg to differ pacman would easily knock him out in the fifth round. He wouldn't have survived that long. The guy is just a clown in the boxing ring and these guy are pros in boxing so we should get serious and stop the comparisons. I absolutely believe they fought for the money and their fight critically looks like it was arranged.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: