Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:57:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that 2000 BTC (not 1000 BTC) is owed by Josh AND BFL.  (Read 5097 times)
cryptopi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:44:48 PM

Highly doubt they will actually follow through with this Sad

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:51:32 PM

Highly doubt they will actually follow through with this Sad
Me too. They've been babbling about it for a while.

charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 09:21:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=234711.0

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
JohnSy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:25:28 AM

EDIT: I mistakenly thought that both these bets(?) were of the same nature, which is not the case.

EDIT AGAIN: This is the post I meant to include and not the bet with runeks.

Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Now, I ask if Tom is willing to step up and back the winning side.  He is 100% confident that we will not meet our power claims (which is the genesis of the failed bet), and as such I ask that he pony up 1000 BTC to the same charity if we do make our power claims. 

So there it is:  Tom is confident that we won't make our power claims, I am confident that we will.  I am willing to put up 1000 BTC to show my confidence in BFL products.  Is Tom confident enough to do the same or is he just blowing hot air?

Who's doing the lawsuit
Here is the proof that Josh owes 1000 BTC:

Re: BFL ASIC is bogus

January 14, 2013, 06:06:52 PM                                                                 #220
Quote from: Inaba on September 24, 2012, 03:03:04 PM

At 500:1 odds I, runeks, bet 2 BTC that the first line of ASIC-chips shipped by Butterfly Labs (ie. not any later series/revision) in their 'SC' line of products will have an efficiency of less than 350 Mhash/Joule. This figure pertains only to the chip itself, so any inefficiency in the power supply will allow for a higher power usage of the device in which the chip resides. So, power supply inefficiencies are excluded, but other components on the board that are required for the device to work will be included in the power efficiency measurement, as the power efficiency figure is irrelevant if the device - under ideal conditions - can't operate at that efficiency anyway.

At the odds of 500:1 that are in effect for this bet I will win 1000 BTC if I am correct (power efficiency is less 350 Mhash/Joule), and lose 2 BTC if I am incorrect (power efficiency is greater than or equal to 350 Mhash/Joule).

Power efficiency shall be measured over a 24 hour period.

Inaba, if you agree then quote this post and say you agree, or suggest a revision of the terms if you think I'm missing something or being unfair.

I agree with this bet.

I'm writing here to publicly restate my commitment to this bet. Since it's been a while, I think it seems like a good idea for both parties to restate their commitment to the wager publicly. I have invited Inaba to do the same via PM.

Re: BFL ASIC is bogus

January 14, 2013, 06:18:50 PM
Sure, I re-affirm it.  Our devices would literally melt if they came in at 114w or more.  

Thanks for reminding me... I think I have another bet for a more substantial amount with someone but bugger all if I remember who.  I guess I will have to dig back in my posts.

Proof that BFL owes 1000 BFL: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/123-bfl-offers-1000-btc-charity-if-they-miss-their-power-targets.html

BFL offers 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power targets!

Published on 10-19-2012 06:33 PM                                  66 Comments  

We are so confident in our power consumption that we are offering up 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power consumption targets by more than 10%. We are offering our devices at 1 watt consumed per gigahash. If our power targets end up consuming more than 1.1w of power per gigahash, we will donate 1000 BTC to charity! How is that for confidence in our power usage?

With the recent focus on power consumption, we want to reiterate that we stand behind our customers and our products. We have designed our mining equipment to be the smallest, fastest, most aesthetically pleasing and most power efficient mining device available on the planet. We guarantee that in the form of 1000 BTC! When you buy a BFL product, you know you're getting the absolute best mining device available, period.

Unless you are an idiot, the above clearly shows that the first case is a bet between runeks and Josh, whereas the later case is somebody speaking in the capacity of BFL assuring their customer base--current and future--that they'll produce products within a certain tolerance, offering up a 1000 BTC donation to some charity as a guarantee.

Josh reaffirms his bet, whereas BFL didn't have to, for they're on record on their official website that a 1000 BTC guarantee is place.

It's safe to assume that at least one person ordered a BFL product based off this official statement on BFL's website. It's also safe to assume that at least two people purchased BFL products due to Josh's bet because of the trust factor alone.

I'm on record in stating that I will donate $200 USD (doesn't matter if in $ or BTC) to a charity of Josh's or BFL's choice (doesn't matter which or to whom) once they show proof of delivery.

Instead of trying to dispute that such deliveries have yet to take place, I will simply concede that they have shipped. Ergo, I OWE $200 to some yet unnamed charity of which I will honor...

...As soon as both their 1000 BTC donations are satisfied.

~Bruno K~
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:03:47 AM

1000 BTC? To charity? Biggest joke ive heard.

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
veteranBtc

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:52:55 PM

They won't.
For sure Smiley

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:22:39 AM

This is how it feels to be a BFL investor:

LOL...Oh shit!

I'm grumpy!!
bolasoda

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:33:27 PM

Just because the owe it does not mean they will pay it Sad. People are lucky if they pay out 10% of that
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 04:47:06 PM

Just because the owe it does not mean they will pay it Sad. People are lucky if they pay out 10% of that

And Matthew got his last scammer tag because...
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:30:33 AM

Update?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Rupture

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:46:01 AM

Did he end up paying?
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:14:42 AM

I'm not sure about the first bet , but apparently they have set up a fund with 1000BTC for charity.http://www.bitcoindf.org/
It is slowly , giving out the 1000 BTC to various charities.

Well , they still need to pay out the other 1000 BTC to the other guy.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:10:04 PM

AFAIK, Josh still owes Runeks 1000BTC for losing the bet on power efficiency.

Despite that (and ignoring all the rest of BFL's shenanigans) , owing Runeks $500.0000, instead of a scammer tag he has a positive green trust rating.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:06:21 PM

AFAIK, Josh still owes Runeks 1000BTC for losing the bet on power efficiency.

Despite that (and ignoring all the rest of BFL's shenanigans) , owing Runeks $500.0000, instead of a scammer tag he has a positive green trust rating.

BFL never keep their promise, at today's value 1000BTC is 500,000 USD!!!
Johanna

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:15:30 PM

And yet he don't have a scammer tag... so unfair...

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:16:25 AM

I was told independently by runeks that the bet with Inaba was resolved to his satisfaction. After the charity was created, I donated my fiat bets in BTC to the charity in question per an independent side conversation with Josh & PG. I consider this matter resolved for my own bet which I followed through on, even if it wasn't fulfilled to PG's satisfaction.

I still share much of PG's lament on how this whole thing was handled. It would have been nice to have seen more action done on the charity side, honestly. Unfortunately, too, it looks like the charity can't be fully trusted because of BFL's involvement and their lackluster performance and shipping times. That said, I just consider all of this over with and I'm done complaining about it at this point.

TLDR; It was sad to see BFL/Josh make some of the decisions they did and say some of the things they said over the last 18 months.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:50:14 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/1ERVh27gZfPSDaaagL9R3W12xpMJ38ZBA7
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: