Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:46:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274743 times)
dresdenreader

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:47:24 AM

Let me rephrase that.

When a crossover occurs, the way the bot currently works is that you need to hit Threshold 1 and then hit Threshold 2 in order for the bot to either Buy or Sell.

My question is, is it possible to setup the bot in such a way that it will initiate a Buy or Sell when it only hits 1 Threshold (instead of two consecutively). I realize that this is risky since it could buy or sell when there isn't a trend, I was just wondering if it was possible.

Additionally, if I wanted to be really aggressive and and buy and sell very close to the crossover, could I do something like, Buy 1 11 Buy 2 12 and same for Sell? Or would doing this trigger on non crossovers? Sorry, I'm just trying to get a better handle on how the bot works in respect to crossover actions.

BTC - 16CCpAqNiuqVNkihfEY3UjDsR5UAFYbiMX
DARK LORD CTHULHU BE PRAISED - OFF - QgdYCLwJAE8CA287xUVi5Zkv6NN9PDaA78
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294383.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dresdenreader

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:59:34 AM

Additionally, the bot DID eventually sell my BTC sometime after the crossover. It just didn't quite happen as soon as I would like. I know I'm getting close to the PeurtoLibre area of expecting something different out of the bot, this is just me slowly figuring it out.

17:00   89.821   91.208   91.557   -0.382% (Threshold 2 - -0.23) BOT SELLS
16:00   90.200   91.517   91.731   -0.234% (Threshold 1 - -0.17)
15:00   90.403   91.809   91.884   -0.081%

According to my Gox history, it sold here:

2013/07/20 17:00:22

dresdenreader

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:04:53 AM

My last post I promise.

According to the thresholds that you setup on the bot, if you're running Hourly and you have two thresholds, the Buy or Sell will ALWAYS happen 2 hours AFTER the hour the crossover occurs?

dresdenreader

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:19:02 AM

Also, I'll just add this here. I sent it in email form as well.

Feature Request - Multi Configuration
  • As a user, I would like the ability to set different Trade Frequencies, Buy and Sell thresholds per exchange.

Acceptance Criteria
  • MtGox and BTC-E can both have their own unique Trading Frequency.
  • MtGox and BTC-E can both have their own unique Buy and Sell Thresholds.
  • In the Butter Bot Configuration options page I can view both the MtGox and BTC-E charts.

tralala33

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:11:20 AM

Let me rephrase that.

When a crossover occurs, the way the bot currently works is that you need to hit Threshold 1 and then hit Threshold 2 in order for the bot to either Buy or Sell.

My question is, is it possible to setup the bot in such a way that it will initiate a Buy or Sell when it only hits 1 Threshold (instead of two consecutively). I realize that this is risky since it could buy or sell when there isn't a trend, I was just wondering if it was possible.

Yes, just set the first threshold really low (it also accepts negative values), so for example Buy 1=-5 and Buy 2=0 will practically buy as soon as the EMA lines cross.
dresdenreader

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:58:45 PM

Let me rephrase that.

Yes, just set the first threshold really low (it also accepts negative values), so for example Buy 1=-5 and Buy 2=0 will practically buy as soon as the EMA lines cross.

Would this be true for Sells as well?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 04:24:39 PM

Let me rephrase that.

Would this be true for Sells as well?

Hi Dresdenreader Smiley,
           Tralala33 has it completely right, this will initiate a buy practically as soon as the crossover occurs.

I also feel your feature request for independent setting is very reasonable. I'll talk that over with the dev team.

Please let me know if you need anything else Smiley.

Panlo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
Grinny

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:58:38 PM

Is there any way to get this bot running on crypto-trade.com?
https://crypto-trade.com/api/documentation
I'm not using Btc-e and Gox anymore, just CT - so this would be really nice!
Unfortunately I'm not a software developer, so I don't have any coding skills at all.

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 09:43:57 PM

Is there any way to get this bot running on crypto-trade.com?
https://crypto-trade.com/api/documentation
I'm not using Btc-e and Gox anymore, just CT - so this would be really nice!
Unfortunately I'm not a software developer, so I don't have any coding skills at all.

Hi Grinny Smiley,
    This is something we will definitely look at in the future, it is our plan to add as many exchanges as we can, but right this moment we are focusing on back testing and altcoins after the V2 release so this is not something we can do immediately. We will keep an eye on this however, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the meantime Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:37:01 AM

Quick question Pablo,

I'm looking at crytotrader.org's back testing and I see that they allow you can set the buy/sell threshold in the script.  I did the following settings:     

context.pair = 'btc_usd'
    context.buy_treshold = 0.15
    context.sell_treshold = 0.15

In the Options/Settings for BTCBot -- would the settings above be the same as Buy Threshold  1= 0 Buy Threshold  2=.15
                                                                                                          Sell Thresdhold 1= 0  Sell Threshold 2=.15

Thank you for your work!!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 04:06:36 PM

Quick question Pablo,

I'm looking at crytotrader.org's back testing and I see that they allow you can set the buy/sell threshold in the script.  I did the following settings:     

context.pair = 'btc_usd'

In the Options/Settings for BTCBot -- would the settings above be the same as Buy Threshold  1= 0 Buy Threshold  2=.15

Hi Smiley,
  It's the same as long as the diff doesn't jump from <0 to >0.15. Then it would trigger one time frame later. So it would be best to set a negative value for the first threshold so that it will always be met when the second one is crossed.

Please let me know if we may be of any further assistance.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pangia

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:26:24 PM

Quick question Pablo,

context.pair = 'btc_usd'

Hi Smiley,
  It's the same as long as the diff doesn't jump from <0 to >0.15. Then it would trigger one time frame later. So it would be best to set a negative value for the first threshold so that it will always be met when the second one is crossed.

Please let me know if we may be of any further assistance.

Pablo.

Excellent. As always --- GREAT SERVICE. Thank you.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pangia

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:54:33 PM

Hi Pablo,

Would it be possible for you to publish the math behind the EMA difference (short/long). This would better explain its significance. And also the  math behind the 2 buy thresholds and the 2 sell thresholds and exactly what happens when you set the thresholds to different numbers. 

I think that if folks could better understand the math and its significance, then maybe we'd enhance our capacity to tinker with the variables.

Thanks again.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:30:28 PM

Hi Pablo,

Would it be possible for you to publish the math behind the EMA difference (short/long). This would better explain its significance. And also the  math behind the 2 buy thresholds and the 2 sell thresholds and exactly what happens when you set the thresholds to different numbers.  

I think that if folks could better understand the math and its significance, then maybe we'd enhance our capacity to tinker with the variables.

Thanks again.

Hi Pangia Smiley,
    Hmmm, all the information regarding how an Bitcoin EMA bot works has been amply discussed by Gomboo in his thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0

All 33 pages of this thread cover everything from Back Testing, to the EMA formula, to why it is effective, to how it applies to the Bitcoin market. There really isn't anything that I could post here that has not been much better covered by Gomboo than I could possibly make it. Perhaps it's worth it to say that we first looked to Gomboo's thread for inspiration as he has done a good job of creating a serious case for EMA trading in Bitcoin and explaining the why behind it.

As for your two specific questions:

1. Setting your thresholds to different numbers changes the difference after a crossover at which the bot will trade. The difference is expressed by the threshold values.

2. We use two thresholds to allow you to fine tune your strategy. You can replicate Gomboo's settings exactly by using 0 for the first threshold and 0.25 for the the second. Setting 0 for a first threshold value essentially negates it and it operates as a one threshold bot. See post #16 for recommended settings.

There is no mystery behind how an EMA bot works, the EMA formula is well known. I would really encourage you to read Gomboo's thread if you have not already done so, it covers pretty much everything that needs to be covered regarding EMA Bitcoin trading in more depth than I could possibly put together and has the benefit of many sources and varying opinions as to different strategies.

If you have any specific questions after reviewing this information, please let me know, I am here to hep you with whatever you may need Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pangia

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:06:46 PM

Hi Pablo,

Your answers to the specific questions clarified things for me.
Thanks again. No further questions from me. LoL.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
dresdenreader

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:33:41 AM

Setting 0 for a first threshold value essentially negates it and it operates as a one threshold bot.
Pablo.

So, using this logic, when the EMA crossover occurs, the bot will automatically send an email stating "a buy order is imminent" and then 1 hour passes, if the next number it sees in the chart is greater than or equal to your second threshold then it will trigger the buy (or sell)?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 11:49:05 AM

Setting 0 for a first threshold value essentially negates it and it operates as a one threshold bot.
Pablo.

So, using this logic, when the EMA crossover occurs, the bot will automatically send an email stating "a buy order is imminent" and then 1 hour passes, if the next number it sees in the chart is greater than or equal to your second threshold then it will trigger the buy (or sell)?

Hi Smiley,
  Yes, that is correct, assuming your preceding value is not <0.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
dresdenreader

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:01:48 PM

What is the possibility of adding 2 hour, 6 hour, 12 hour and 1 Day intervals?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:12:24 PM

What is the possibility of adding 2 hour, 6 hour, 12 hour and 1 Day intervals?

We are looking at this seriously; it is actually technically complicated because EMA implementation uses 144 data points so for 1 day intervals we would be looking at a 144 day exchange history. We aren't convinced the Mt. Gox or BTC-E API's could take this but we are looking into it. I will post about this when we have some better informations.

Please keep the suggestions coming! We love them Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
dresdenreader

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:49:05 PM

Finally after much tweaking I've been able to see it execute a trade without help using the 0/# setting.

These are my current options
Hourly
Buy 1: 0, Buy 2: 0.01
Sell 1: 0, Sell 2: -0.01

This acts just as I thought it would and sends a message like, "Sell Order Imminent" on the crossover itself (within 1 hour of the crossover), followed 1 hour later with "Sell Order Trigger" after the first notification was sent.

I would like if there was a noob friendly setting so you could just have two checkboxes that would be something like

Buy All Exactly At Crossover [checkbox] (Hover Tooltip - Warning! Choosing this option could possibly lead to a buy that is not based on a trend! This will also override any thresholds set. Do you still want to use this setting?)
Sell All Exactly At Crossover [checkbox] (Hover Tooltip - Warning! Choosing this option could possibly lead to a sell that is not based on a trend! This will also override any thresholds set. Do you still want to use this setting?)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: