Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274743 times)
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 05:52:15 PM

Oh okay. Well i just put in all the settings and stuff for gox. And did the test run with ur recommended settings 0,0.25 which seem to be the best over long run.

Well, its not placing any orders. Does the bot take time to start placing orders? And do i have to leave the browser open at all times when i want it to keep trading?

Response from a fellow trader, not tech... but yes, you have to leave Chrome running as Butter is an extension of Chrome.

Let the bot run-in for an hour.  It will only trade on the interval that you have set, and will be all-in or all-out.  Currently, GOX is @ -.48, so any BTC you give Butter it should sell in the next hour unless the EMA closes up a lot.

Welcome to the club.

Smiley

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 05:55:03 PM

Oh okay. Well i just put in all the settings and stuff for gox. And did the test run with ur recommended settings 0,0.25 which seem to be the best over long run.

Well, its not placing any orders. Does the bot take time to start placing orders? And do i have to leave the browser open at all times when i want it to keep trading?

Hi Smiley,
  The bot trades on trends and market changes so it is normal not to see an immediate trade, you may not see one for a day or so depending on where the market is at (on volatile days you may see more). The bot right now is holding a "sell" command so you will be holding fiat. Please keep in mind that less trades are actually better as it means the bot has identified a real trend and that the trend is happening.

You do need to keep the bot running on Chrome for it to work. We are discussing a hosted version, if this is something that you would prefer, please post about it on the forum so that we may garner feedback on this Smiley.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
daserpent1

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:21:22 PM

Hi Smiley,
  The bot trades on trends and market changes so it is normal not to see an immediate trade, you may not see one for a day or so depending on where the market is at (on volatile days you may see more). The bot right now is holding a "sell" command so you will be holding fiat. Please keep in mind that less trades are actually better as it means the bot has identified a real trend and that the trend is happening.

You do need to keep the bot running on Chrome for it to work. We are discussing a hosted version, if this is something that you would prefer, please post about it on the forum so that we may garner feedback on this Smiley.

Pablo.

Thanks for a detailed answer.

I like the bot so far, i would like it more if i actually see a profitable trade happen in during my trial period so i can buy the bot with confidence.

The hosted version that you speak of, how is that different from what we have already? If the bot is able to trade with the browser closed, then why use a hosted version? I don't understand the difference.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 06:26:03 PM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Thanks for a detailed answer.

I like the bot so far, i would like it more if i actually see a profitable trade happen in during my trial period so i can buy the bot with confidence.

The hosted version that you speak of, how is that different from what we have already? If the bot is able to trade with the browser closed, then why use a hosted version? I don't understand the difference.

Sorry, I was unclear,
    You need to have the browser open and your computer on to allow the bot to trade; that is the main criteria.

I'm not sure how many trades you will see in the next 3 days as the market is trending, but if you need some extra time, please let me know. The trial is intended to let you familiarize yourself with the tools the bot offers, profit, as back testing will show you, will usuall take a period of time to accumulate because it takes several trades to get rid of mean deviators and let the math do it's job; think "The Law of Large Numbers," and you have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
jimmut

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 12:41:17 AM

I was wondering if you ever thought of Firefox support. I have always used Firefox and would prefer to use that browser instead of chrome. I don't trust Google Smiley
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 12:45:46 AM

I was wondering if you ever thought of Firefox support. I have always used Firefox and would prefer to use that browser instead of chrome. I don't trust Google Smiley

Hey Jimmut Smiley,
   We are thinking about a standalone version at some point in the long term, no plans to expand outside of Chrome in the short term as we are prioritizing features right now. It is an interesting idea though, to expand platforms, food for thought Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 01:23:41 AM

Question about observed behavior...

Today when Butter triggered a buy at BitStamp, $90 was left in the account.  I have never seen butter leave money behind like that before... any idea what would cause this?

No reserves are set.  Certainly not a big deal, just wondering why...

Smiley

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 03:17:57 PM

Today when Butter triggered a buy at BitStamp, $90 was left in the account.  I have never seen butter leave money behind like that before... any idea what would cause this?

Smiley

Hi Sean Smiley,
  No, that's not normal behavior We are tracking this down and I will let you know how it develops.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:40:15 PM

Smiley

Hi Sean Smiley,
  No, that's not normal behavior We are tracking this down and I will let you know how it develops.

Pablo.

UPDATE

After failing to trade completely on Bitstamp yesterday, Butter did not trade at all on a sell signal last night.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 05:11:28 PM

Smiley

Hi Sean Smiley,

Pablo.

UPDATE

After failing to trade completely on Bitstamp yesterday, Butter did not trade at all on a sell signal last night.

Hi,
  Please do the following:

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me at Pablo@Butter-Bot.com.

This will help me resolve your issue much more quickly Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
bitezze

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:34:40 PM

I'm testing Butter Bot trial right now with BTC-e, so far so good. I have very high hopes for this Bot. Quick Question, do you have any thoughts of making this Bot work with Cryptsy, I would be totally sold if I could use it to trade Alt currencies.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:52:31 PM

I'm testing Butter Bot trial right now with BTC-e, so far so good. I have very high hopes for this Bot. Quick Question, do you have any thoughts of making this Bot work with Cryptsy, I would be totally sold if I could use it to trade Alt currencies.

Hi Bitezze Smiley,
   We have plans to let the bot trade with alt currencies on BTC-E with the next full release. We have been getting an increasing number of questions about Cryptsy; we will look into this in greater detail and see what we can do about it, it looks very interesting.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about this Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:24:32 PM

I just want to make sure I have butter bot setup correctly.  Its been running at the recommend settings on btc-e for the past 18 hours.  It still hasn't traded.  Is that correct?

(I also +1 for adding LTC support Smiley )

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 11:46:20 PM

Ye
I just want to make sure I have butter bot setup correctly.  Its been running at the recommend settings on btc-e for the past 18 hours.  It still hasn't traded.  Is that correct?

Yep, market is going doooooown, Butter should have you all out right now.

Smiley

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:07:57 AM

Hi,
  Yep, Sean is right; the bot has been holding a "sell" command for the past 3 days or so since the market is in a downturn.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Nolo

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:19:27 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 01:01:46 AM by Nolo

I just want to make sure I have butter bot setup correctly.  Its been running at the recommend settings on btc-e for the past 18 hours.  It still hasn't traded.  Is that correct?

Hi,
  Yep, Sean is right; the bot has been holding a "sell" command for the past 3 days or so since the market is in a downturn.

Pablo.

I just started butter bot last night, but it never sold the coins in my btc-e account.  Is that because I started running it in the middle of the sell command and not at the beginning?

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:28:50 AM

Hi,

Pablo.

I just start butter bot last night, but it never sold the coins in my btc-e account.  Is that because I started running it in the middle of the sell command and not at the beginning?

It depends on whether there was a new trade signal.

The best way to see if your bot is working properly is to observe the "Checkmark" in your bot interface menu:

Please let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:24:35 AM

That's what the problem is. I get a little hazard symbol that says "API: Connected.  BTC-e: Disconnected"  

What setting am I missing?

Generally it's one of two things, your API key is entered incorrectly, or you did not grant the API key "Trade" and "Get Info" rights.

Please see the Butter-Bot manual: File "Butter-Bot-Manual-Release.pdf"

Please let me know if this doesn't work Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Nolo

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:11:41 AM

That's what the problem is. I get a little hazard symbol that says "API: Connected.  BTC-e: Disconnected"  

Generally it's one of two things, your API key is entered incorrectly, or you did not grant the API key "Trade" and "Get Info" rights.

Pablo.

It was the API key.  Apparently I fail at copy and paste Undecided                       

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 03:15:53 AM

Pablo.

It was the API key.  Apparently I fail at copy and paste Undecided                       

Smiley.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: