Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why hasn't any government stopped Bitcoin?  (Read 36080 times)
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:03:42 AM

At the early stages Russia ruled it as illegal, China outlawed all withdrawals and some other country also spoke against it. But now everything seem to be smoothing up at least on the government side. Surely Bitcoin must be seen as challenging their authority. Is there something I am failing to see? All it would take is a 51% attack or a new law.
Bitcoin has no central authority

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minerfortyniner

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:28:51 AM

The same reason they cant stop DeepOnion or the TOR network. Because they are decentralized.
Bitcoin is a decentralized p2p open source crypto network.
godwyn50

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:00:50 PM

I see that yet again, this question has been merged in with one that does not ask the same thing. The question I answered was “If a government body wanted to shut down Bitcoin - could they even do it?”

Governments probably cannot shut it down through "technical" means, i.e. hacking the system, thus crashing the value or preventing it from working. (Juergen Nieveler discusses this in his answer.) Thus, if I were a government that saw Bitcoin as a threat, I would try a three-pronged attack:

BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

I see that yet again, this question has been merged in with one that does not ask the same thing. The question I answered was “If a government body wanted to shut down Bitcoin - could they even do it?”

Governments probably cannot shut it down through "technical" means, i.e. hacking the system, thus crashing the value or preventing it from working. (Juergen Nieveler discusses this in his answer.) Thus, if I were a government that saw Bitcoin as a threat, I would try a three-pronged attack:
Of course, they are not going to manipulate bitcoin because it has own blockchain technology that they used in bitcoin and also it being decentralized nobody behind this cryptocurrency bitcoin. Some of the countries are embrace and recognized bitcoin but others are refusing bitcoin due to afraid of bitcoin may abuse their community by doing illegal activities.
ubercab90

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:28:57 PM

They are trying to do it now. Hope that this is just a temporary phenomenon, cryptos aren't supposed to be blocked cause they're not illegal at all
ersmny1

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:45:21 PM

I think bitcoin extremely difficult to track transactions and collect taxes. therefore there is nothing to seize and no central location to shut down.
Stegobit

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:29:25 AM

No govt have enough resources to stop Bitcoin, therefore they chose to tax and regulate it.
klarnetcijamie

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:11:51 PM

I think that because they need union stop from all government all over the world that make this stop impossible..
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:59:21 PM

At the early stages Russia ruled it as illegal, China outlawed all withdrawals and some other country also spoke against it. But now everything seem to be smoothing up at least on the government side. Surely Bitcoin must be seen as challenging their authority. Is there something I am failing to see? All it would take is a 51% attack or a new law.

Governments have done enough to dissuade common people from using BItcoin extensively. Being charged with operating unlicensed money changing businesses is a possibility if you engage in cash-bitcoin conversion.
how the government can stop the development of bitcoin if the internet is still there, because the internet is the way to get bitcoin, no matter how hard it is to be eliminated. except as the north korea country actually shut down internet access. can just stop the development of bitcoin.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:03:29 AM

I think the governments of Russia and China have recognized the value of Bitcoin. I and my friends saw the great potential of bitcoin for the world economy.
Current countries in the world are very interested in foreign trade, because their country only develops when it has a better change in all aspects. Therefore, bitcoin is very useful for foreign trade when trading through countries is not a big problem for it.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
gogrowglow

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:26:44 AM

They cannot because BITCOIN is using BLOCKCHAIN technology which is a decentralized technology.  BITCOIN is managed by it's network and not by anyone central authority. Government cannot taxed it because they cannot traced it.  I think this is one best solution for the rampant corruption in the government today, especially in my coutry.
asy7

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:00:34 AM

They can try but they will never succeed.   Smiley Wink Cheesy
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:32:02 AM

Some country already like China. But as we can see, their efforts were useless because Chinese-owned crypto markets are still leading the way and Binance is still the largest exchange at this moment.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:47:10 AM

it is impossible for the government to block the Bitcoin ecosystem, including the activities of digging bitcoin (mining). just block the buying and selling sites and prohibit the development of a Bitcoin payment platform for expenditure. It also is a futile effort, because users will find a way to monetize Bitcoin or use it to transact.
Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:08:43 AM

At the early stages Russia ruled it as illegal, China outlawed all withdrawals and some other country also spoke against it. But now everything seems to be smoothing up at least on the government side. Surely Bitcoin must be seen as challenging their authority. Is there something I am failing to see? All it would take is a 51% attack or a new law.
The government actually knows that Bitcoin is very helpful and profitable for its users. Hence in many countries, the Government has not really dismissed Bitcoin because it still believes in Bitcoin. But now there are also some countries that dismiss Bitcoin in any case and if it violates it will be sanctioned. But I am sure in the future later Governments all over the country will really accept the sophistication of this blockchain technology. We just have to wait for the right time to see it all.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
cetald

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 08:34:31 AM

I think that the governments of all countries understand the advantages and potential of the cryptocurrency market. Therefore, they do not want to stop the growth of this market.
They just want to control it.

auliasilvana

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:29:36 AM

At the early stages Russia ruled it as illegal, China outlawed all withdrawals and some other country also spoke against it. But now everything seems to be smoothing up at least on the government side. Surely Bitcoin must be seen as challenging their authority. Is there something I am failing to see? All it would take is a 51% attack or a new law.
The government did not stop Bitcoin because there is still a sense of government trust in Bitcoin. It's just that the Government is waiting for the right time to legalize Bitcoin in the country. But the Government did not stop Bitcoin this is proof that Bitcoin is still worth keeping. So we all be patient and wait for the time when all the Governments of the World can legalize Bitcoin and not prohibit anymore.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:33:27 AM

Yes, Government still, doesn't have any clue to stop the Bitcoin but instead of banning to want to make Bitcoin as legal tender because of it's technology behind it. Technology is convincing the government and has the efficient growth in terms of their economic growth.
cryptorocket84

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:00:55 AM

Government can not stop bitcoin reason because it is programmed online, i know they have taught of it but i think it will be a wasted effort, Is bitcoin threatening or destabilizing the government? there are lots of illegal deals that need to be stopped by Government not Bitcoin.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:48:21 PM

Government can not stop bitcoin reason because it is programmed online, i know they have taught of it but i think it will be a wasted effort, Is bitcoin threatening or destabilizing the government? there are lots of illegal deals that need to be stopped by Government not Bitcoin.
They have seen that here there is a chance for their people so why they need to stop it? some countries are stopping this since they don't want their country to be involved in a Ponzi scheme that until now they are still thinking that bitcoin was a big Ponzi scheme.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: