Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2018, 06:59:01 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why hasn't any government stopped Bitcoin?  (Read 12304 times)
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:06:53 PM

For what government to stop the obvious bitcoin to help everybody's economic growth in his country, the government does not need to think selfish, now many countries are enacting policies that regulate the use of bitcoin to prohibit its use, but not all countries do the same, they only apply the policy use of bitcoin to limit unwanted actions so they can continue to monitor the use of bitcoin in everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:19:15 AM

It's good that at least bitcoin has a chance to become a coin that is recognized by all countries, it can happen because the government also realizes that bitcoin really helps the people's economy. This is a thought that is wise and unselfish.
sudah_wisuda

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

BAAN►X | The Cryptobank Revolution

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:43:13 AM

At the early stages Russia ruled it as illegal, China outlawed all withdrawals and some other country also spoke against it. But now everything seems to be smoothing up at least on the government side. Surely Bitcoin must be seen as challenging their authority. Is there something I am failing to see? All it would take is a 51% attack or a new law.
I think why the Government has not stopped Bitcoin because the Government is aware that Bitcoin is actually bringing a positive impact on its people. Yes as the economy of its users can be helped by working in Bitcoin. Surely this can reduce the poverty rate little by little.

BAAN►X | The Cryptobank Revolution (http://www.baanx.com)
►ANNOUNCEMENT◄ (http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3052592)
radjie

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:01:23 AM

most governments actually recognize that bitcoin is a sophisticated modern technology capable of overcoming all kinds of transactions, but because of the many crimes that use this modern technology so bitcoin can be misused by people who commit crime transactions using bitcoin. the government is worried that bitcoin is increasingly being misused by many people.

▄████▀
████▄               ▄████       ▗▟██████████████▄    ▐██████████████████▙▖
██████▖           ▗██████     ▗▟██████████████████▄  ▐████████████████████▌
███████▙         ▟███████    ▄█████          ▀████▀  ▐████            ▀████
█████████▖     ▗█████████   ▐████▀             ▀▀    ▐████            ▄███▌
█████▀████▙   ▟████▀█████   ████▌                    ▐███████████████████▌
█████ ▝█████▄█████▘ █████  ▐████                     ▐████████████████████▙▖
█████   ▜███████▛   █████   ████▌                    ▐████            ▀█████▖
█████    ▝█████▘    █████   ▐████▄            ▄██▄   ▐████             ▐█████
█████      ▀█▀      █████    ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████  ▐████            ▄█████▌
█████               █████     ▝██████████████████▀   ▐█████████████████████▛
█████               █████     ▄████████████████▀     ▐███████████████████▛▘
                             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
MyCryptoBank
CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY
Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WHITEPAPER ──────────────────────────
Ghondronk

Activity: 112
Merit: 14

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:03:42 AM

At the early stages Russia ruled it as illegal, China outlawed all withdrawals and some other country also spoke against it. But now everything seem to be smoothing up at least on the government side. Surely Bitcoin must be seen as challenging their authority. Is there something I am failing to see? All it would take is a 51% attack or a new law.
Bitcoin has no central authority

Minerfortyniner

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:28:51 AM

The same reason they cant stop DeepOnion or the TOR network. Because they are decentralized.
Bitcoin is a decentralized p2p open source crypto network.

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1920215
godwyn50

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:00:50 PM

I see that yet again, this question has been merged in with one that does not ask the same thing. The question I answered was “If a government body wanted to shut down Bitcoin - could they even do it?”

Governments probably cannot shut it down through "technical" means, i.e. hacking the system, thus crashing the value or preventing it from working. (Juergen Nieveler discusses this in his answer.) Thus, if I were a government that saw Bitcoin as a threat, I would try a three-pronged attack:

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BTCeminjas

Activity: 266
Merit: 23

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

I see that yet again, this question has been merged in with one that does not ask the same thing. The question I answered was “If a government body wanted to shut down Bitcoin - could they even do it?”

Governments probably cannot shut it down through "technical" means, i.e. hacking the system, thus crashing the value or preventing it from working. (Juergen Nieveler discusses this in his answer.) Thus, if I were a government that saw Bitcoin as a threat, I would try a three-pronged attack:
Of course, they are not going to manipulate bitcoin because it has own blockchain technology that they used in bitcoin and also it being decentralized nobody behind this cryptocurrency bitcoin. Some of the countries are embrace and recognized bitcoin but others are refusing bitcoin due to afraid of bitcoin may abuse their community by doing illegal activities.

ubercab90

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:28:57 PM

They are trying to do it now. Hope that this is just a temporary phenomenon, cryptos aren't supposed to be blocked cause they're not illegal at all
ersmny1

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 06:45:21 PM

I think bitcoin extremely difficult to track transactions and collect taxes. therefore there is nothing to seize and no central location to shut down.

CODE OF TALENT | IGNITE LEARNING MOTIVATION WITH MICRO-LEARNING ■ ▀ ▄ JOIN THE MICRO-LEARNING REVOLUTION ▄ ▀ ■
Stegobit

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:29:25 AM

No govt have enough resources to stop Bitcoin, therefore they chose to tax and regulate it.
klarnetcijamie

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 05:11:51 PM

I think that because they need union stop from all government all over the world that make this stop impossible..

THE KWATT COIN  ~  TOKENIZED ELECTRICITY  ~  https://4new.io/