Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are they better?
YES - 96 (38.2%)
NO - 25 (10%)
idk - 3 (1.2%)
We need both - 127 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 251

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency  (Read 19652 times)
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:53:04 PM

This is a good question. While many still believe that regular currency is still better I personally believe that bitcoin is much better. I believe so because if you have the right knowledge (how to setup a mining antminer or a mining PC) you can start earning bitcoin from the comfort of your home. Bitcoin uses are the same of regular currency with an exception that it helps your privacy better than cash. You can keep it in your PC so its safer to keep large amount of Bitcoins compared to large amount of cash which you need to deposit in a bank because there is a high chance thieves will go after you.
eSportsCoins

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Gamerbits -- Limited $900k ICO -- gbits.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 08:12:58 PM

I believe that crypto currencies are much better than fiat, because the control is spread out to very many parties across many countries and borders, and the barrier to entry is very low so they stay healthy and stable

Gamerbits Limited $900k ICO Asian eSports GBITS.IO
pressureonme

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:48:12 PM

This is a good question. While many still believe that regular currency is still better I personally believe that bitcoin is much better. I believe so because if you have the right knowledge (how to setup a mining antminer or a mining PC) you can start earning bitcoin from the comfort of your home. Bitcoin uses are the same of regular currency with an exception that it helps your privacy better than cash. You can keep it in your PC so its safer to keep large amount of Bitcoins compared to large amount of cash which you need to deposit in a bank because there is a high chance thieves will go after you.

nah I just use cryptocurrencies for earning money. I would never use them in my daily life. The regular currency is already perfect and useable everwhere unlike cryptocurrencies.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:23:39 PM

I believe that crypto currencies are much better than fiat, because the control is spread out to very many parties across many countries and borders, and the barrier to entry is very low so they stay healthy and stable
Why do you talk like Bitcoin is a territory or something? From what I know even if you own Bitcoin you don't have any control of it whatsoever in terms of price influence. If you really want to control Bitcoin you need to have a big chunk of the pie, meaning you need to have a larger position from all the Bitcoin supply available. Other alternatives must be is your group or association is controlling a big part of it which what your group do is in unison.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:29:59 PM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
For no unless all store or all people all over the world using bitcoin. But many people have no idea what is bitcoin and malls or supermarkets are not accepting bitcoin. So if you need to use your bitcoin you must cash it out first before you to spend it.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:40:41 PM

This quotation might be relevent. One neglected facet of the fiat vs crypto discussion may be the potential to which control over money supplies translate to political influence. Btc is decentralized and deregulated in ways which could mitigate some of these risks. A hard fork could change that if miners became more centralized and developers were appointed via having self interests paralleling miner goals, rather than existing as a more decentralized paradigm.

Banking cartels have been centralized for a long time. It is possible economic growth, wealth equality as well as living standards were marktedly higher before that centralization took place.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:58:42 AM

i dont think cryptocurrencies are better because they can not work offline and transactions are not very quick like they are in conventional money. moreover,transactions charge high feesBTC which makes their use impossible for small transactions.
Cryptocurrencies have limitations I do not think that anyone is blind to that, but cryptocurrencies also have a lot of good things going for them, the most important aspect is decentralization since that allow us to be the owners of our bitcoin, that does not happen with fiat, even if you have a dollar bill in your pocket, it does not belong to you it belongs to the federal reserve.
ChronoLite

Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:08:20 AM

Though Bitcoin has lot of benefits and advantages other than flat such as low fees and security. People around the world still not know about Bitcoin yet it also affect with the merchant accepts Bitcoin, I think that's a big problem for Bitcoin and if you need to buy something easily you have to use flat.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
enabledogarmy85

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:23:30 AM

Talking about earth, including all countries. It wouldn't be better having cryptos than paper money, we still need having our regular currencies because in general we are not prepared. If this happen someday it will be when we all are dead.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:53:32 AM

Though Bitcoin has lot of benefits and advantages other than flat such as low fees and security. People around the world still not know about Bitcoin yet it also affect with the merchant accepts Bitcoin, I think that's a big problem for Bitcoin and if you need to buy something easily you have to use flat.
Its not a big problem through time and years it will be develop and accepted ,For now fiat has more advantage in paying or buying the things that not exist in online and its not a hassle to use bitcoins and fiat at the same time .If we talk about cryptocurrency it has a lot of advantage than fiat money .Thats why some governments don't accepts bitcoins .

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:55:19 PM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
Crypto currencies are better than regular currencies because they are free from inflation especially bitcoin.More over,they have a tendency of growing with increase in demand for them whereas regular currency just remains the same with no such big difference.Investors in crypto currencies need not gt feared about their investment being devalued as it was earlier done in india by devaluing high value notes.

KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:02:23 PM

Though it has grown big in value and increasing its user base it hasn't gained the equal place as the traditional currency that we use in our daily life. This is all because of the platform in which it grows. Right now this has got an access to be converted to any currency, so got trmed as a universal currency and still serving as a alternate solution for fiat.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:42:11 PM

i dont think cryptocurrencies are better because they can not work offline and transactions are not very quick like they are in conventional money. moreover,transactions charge high feesBTC which makes their use impossible for small transactions.
Cryptocurrencies have limitations I do not think that anyone is blind to that, but cryptocurrencies also have a lot of good things going for them, the most important aspect is decentralization since that allow us to be the owners of our bitcoin, that does not happen with fiat, even if you have a dollar bill in your pocket, it does not belong to you it belongs to the federal reserve.
It is decentralization due to which most people are going to join bitcoin field of business. Everyone is fond to become an individual owner of something and this opportunity only provide bitcoin. For your cryptocurrency no one can declare you a tax payer against you cryptocurrency because no one can access your account to block or captured.

So, why it would not be better than regular currency. Cryptocurrency is much better than regular currency due to his features.
andrei56

Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:55:44 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 09:47:06 PM by andrei56

We definitely need both. The cryptocurrencies which has limited supply will increase in value with time as demand will increase. This will make them ideal for investment rather than a currency of everday transactions. The cryptocurrencies  which has unlimited supply or less demand aren't that lucrative than their fiat counterpart. Both fiat and cryptocurrencies are needed atleast for now because of various reasons already been listed in this thread. Cryptocurrencies are still in their starting phase. Lets see what future has to bring.
The limited supply was put there not to make cryptos great investments, it was put there so crypto cannot be printed forever at whatever rate someone decides, that is what it is killing fiat and we have seen we cannot trust in humans to fulfill their promises about not printing more currency, politicians are known for lying over and over again.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:22:56 AM

May be it would be better but there are some disadvantages which doesn't make it better economically because we will have to pay transaction fee even for little transactions and needs much more devices which is not convenient in underdeveloped countries. Thus we can't say it is better or fiat is better, both have pros and cons.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:14:17 AM

not yet for now, but of course in the future. FIAT money using so much resource like wood for the paper money,  i believe in the future every government will replace regular currency nowday to digital currency for saving raw materials that very limited because number of demand for making money increasing very significant every year.

Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 07:26:26 AM

Bitcoin has so many limitations that can make one to comfortably say regularly currency is far better as compared to bitcoin. Some of the limiting factors include the following. Bitcoin cannot be use offline, bitcoin transactions charges is too high, not everybody know more about bitcoin etc.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:49:35 AM

Bitcoin has so many limitations that can make one to comfortably say regularly currency is far better as compared to bitcoin. Some of the limiting factors include the following. Bitcoin cannot be use offline, bitcoin transactions charges is too high, not everybody know more about bitcoin etc.
Well that's the downside of bitcoin, but for me since Im into saving and looking for something that can be a source of income, that makes me think btc is more than better than regular currency or better than banks, thoughit still needs a lit of development to use it more often.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:58:10 AM

It is better because:

- It is decentralized, I know this is a often used term but it is important! The EU has proposed to prohibit cash at 1.1.2018, I think this won´t get throught but it show´s their intention. More I have visited Ireland some time ago and I payed with a 100€ bill, the cashier (like 40 year old woman) wnated to make a photo because she has never seen a 100€ bill (there are 5/10/20/50/100/200/500 bills, so 100 way not the biggest). They already pay everything with card´s (definitely no surveilance there  Wink). Furthermore in some countries in the EU it is already prohibited to pay certain amounts with cash, correct me if I am wrong but I think in Italy it is illegal to pay something worth more than 3000€ with cash.

- It is like gold and not just "goldbacked" (ha-ha not even by 1%) like fiat.

- fees for international transfers are low and faster compared to banks, I really hope scaling problem of BTC will be fixed nicely to allow micropayments again.

- Fiat belongs to the bank, they may give it to you if they are not bancrupt, if they are your account is frozen and yea. BTC is decentralized and the bank can´t freeze it.

[could be your ad]
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:10:16 PM

The significant amount of performance and scalability issue with cryptocurrencies is major concern. Crypto is better than  fiat in sense of openness. Once scalability issue is resolved with crypto like bitcoin then there will be no match for bitcoin (other crypto as well).
I agree with you completely. Undoubtedly, crypto currencies are the emerging currencies that will sooner or later replace paper money but only in the terms of use not completely. We can’t say anything about time span but replacement of fiat by crypto currency to maximum extent is definite.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: