Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are they better?
YES - 96 (38.2%)
NO - 25 (10%)
idk - 3 (1.2%)
We need both - 127 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 251

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency  (Read 19652 times)
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:00:31 AM

Cryptocurrencies does provides a lot opportunities to multiply our fiat investment, sure regular currencies are required to the daily needs, but crypto does provide the best opportunities for anybody whiling to take the risk. I dont know any fiat investment wich allow me to double my fiat into 1 year or even 2-3 years, crypto is full of those opportunities daily.
This is the main difference with fiat, fiat can only make you lose money in the long term, if you hold fiat you are losing money every single second that you hold it, but if you hold bitcoin or alts you have the chance of earning money by just holding it and the longer you hold the bigger the chances of making profits and the bigger the profits as well.

Holding crypto coins will give profit whenever the price rises but how the fiats value will be reduced if you hold it for long term. There are many corrupted politicians holding fiats as a hard cash still they have fiats with the same value only not reduced.
I prefer BTC, ETH and Monero now since these have good potential to invest in trading and mining.
The purchasing power of fiat is reduced every second because governments keep printing it, just think about it, all the things that you could buy with a dollar a century ago, think of the things that you could buy with a dollar a decade ago, even if you still have the same dollar now it buys less, if I remember correctly the dollar has lost 95% of its purchasing power in the last century, but if you held gold you will still have a similar purchasing power and if you held bitcoin for the last 9 years your purchasing power would have gone through the roof.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ericson

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:08:27 AM

You can use Bitcoin to buy things electronically. So in this particular way the Bitcoin is like conventional currency like euro, dollar etc. which can also be used to purchase things electronically.

The most important characteristic of Bitcoin and what specifically differentiates it from conventional money is that it is decentralized i.e. no one particular institution has complete control over bitcoin network. Many people like this feature because they like the fact that no large bank can control their money.

Added if you are interested in bitcoin exchange and if you want to became a billionaire this bitcoin exchange business. Here bitdeal provides you best idea for bitcoin startup, entrepreneur, etc.

So many many opportunities on bitcoin that you can take advantage although the values are volatile but in a good way that it is increasing
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:40:35 AM

Cryptocurrencies does provides a lot opportunities to multiply our fiat investment, sure regular currencies are required to the daily needs, but crypto does provide the best opportunities for anybody whiling to take the risk. I dont know any fiat investment wich allow me to double my fiat into 1 year or even 2-3 years, crypto is full of those opportunities daily.
I think both have its own value in the world. Because most of the people do not believe in bitcoin as it is a new crypto digital currency and most of the people think that bitcoin is the digital currency of the future and it will overcome all other paper currencies of the world.

It is hard to say which one is better and why and how? because of the different opinion and thoughts of the people.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:43:48 AM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
Honestly, we need them both now. However, when it comes to something we want to save some cash/money much better save it through bitcoin. but in terms of public activities regular currency is much more useful than bitcoin because we knew it can be use only with internet connection. So, that's there differences for now Wink
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:13:32 PM

if we compare bitcoin with real regular currency like US dolllar, so bitcoin is nothing.
look at here
https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/CM.MKT.LCAP.CD/rankings
at 2015 USD marketcap 25,067,500,000,000 (im not sure this is fixed) and bitcoin now only  63,332,668,537 its only 3% from USD marketcap

DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:17:43 PM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
I don't think that the digital cryptocurrency is more better than Fiat currency because many people are not yet aware to the digital currency and many people are still prefer the Fiat currency.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 351

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 12:27:43 PM

Yes of course Bitcoin is better than fiat money and we all know that already in many angles. But these two currencies has different uses and purposes and also differ in technology used. Despite their differences we need them both depending on how and what we are going to do or spend with it. In my case I need fiat money to buy my families daily needs however, my earnings came from Bitcoin itself. I have to convert my Bitcoins into fiat money when I have something to pay or buy so I need to have both of these assets.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:54:04 PM

Crypto has a lot of advantage than fiat but fiat also has something that crypto doesn't have. Investment on crypto just required an ID and internet. Investment on money need a whole lot of requirement. Transaction on money soesn't have fee but it got tax. Crypto is decemtralized, volatile and unsafe, also unpopular. Money is not convenient.
That is the point. Fiat currency under supervision of banks are being used in businesses and you are only given with a lollypop of some 4-7% monthly. Banks are controlling all the profits and government is sharing with them. So, you are a donkey seeing them being rich and you are enjoying a little percentage.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:24:50 PM

Cryptocurrencies are absolutely better at least in the long run. However, we definitely need both at least for now until we are sure everyone can easily adapt to going cashless.

I guess for now, we must just have to keep seeing cryptocurrencies as more of an asset until so much development has really been put in place to enable it for easy transactions, most especially for micro and also having an extremely speedy transaction that can take place within seconds with low fees.

Probably, when that times comes, we will start seeing so much more adoption and we can start saying it is far better.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:50:24 PM

Honestly, we need them both now. However, when it comes to something we want to save some cash/money much better save it through bitcoin. but in terms of public activities regular currency is much more useful than bitcoin because we knew it can be use only with internet connection. So, that's there differences for now Wink
yes that is right to say that in present time we need both of them. because in present time i do not think that we can use bitcoin for everything. i think we have very limited use of bitcoin in present time therefore we  also need to have fiat currency so that where do have limited option of using bitcoin there we can easily use fiat currency, but in future we can expect that we will use bitcoin and other digital currencies for most of the activities.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:18:37 AM

I don't think that the digital cryptocurrency is more better than Fiat currency because many people are not yet aware to the digital currency and many people are still prefer the Fiat currency.

Bitcoins are not so popular in many countries so one can't use bitcoins directly to purchases things what they want it. But as an investment, it is much better than any other investment as of now. So you should consider it as an investment than an actual currency. Also, remember don't invest all your money in these cryptocurrencies because prices are very dynamic and if something goes wrong, you may lose a lot of money.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:36:41 AM

All of them have their own pros and cons. Fiat is good for extremely fast transactions (I am talking about cash) and is highly liquid in small amounts. Bitcoin is the opposite. Hard to spend fast (at the moment anyways) however it is great for large transactions.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:40:22 AM

Bitcoins are not so popular in many countries so one can't use bitcoins directly to purchases things what they want it. But as an investment, it is much better than any other investment as of now. So you should consider it as an investment than an actual currency. Also, remember don't invest all your money in these cryptocurrencies because prices are very dynamic and if something goes wrong, you may lose a lot of money.

Nothing is better than regular currencies including stock shares and other comodities. The best thing is püre paper cash money. I'm saying this as a bitcoin and coin lover. This is the truth I saw.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:48:17 AM

Yeah thats right, bitcoin is better than ordinary currency because bitcoin is a promising investment, easy to trade and open to everyone, but the problem is bitcoin only can be used to buy things in certain place while almost all online shop accept payment in card credit, so there are plus and negative between both
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:04:44 AM

Better or not, at least cryptocurrencies are an alternative. One of its interesting features is that make people more responsible about their money. With crypto you cann´t use your credit card to buy things with money that you will have to return later with interests. With crypto you can have more control of your funds.
Asides having more control over funds, I guess it has opened people's eyes to why saving is better after all. Most times with fiat, we save in banks, they use our cash to trade and we even still get some debits in return. Highest stealing of the highest order.
With crypto on the order hand, at least I know saving my cash gives me the opportunity to make it do better for me and also capitalize on its value increase.
TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:47:14 AM

Well, actually you really need both, to be a financially successful person. I would prefer putting a very small investment into bitcoin, and keeping that in a separate cold storage, which will be staying there for years. Then you should have a separate wallet, which will be used for earning bitcoins and it will be your 'running' wallet, and you store your earned bitcoins there, and withdraw from it periodically, and you convert some of it to fiat, which is needed as not many places accept bitcoin yet, and always keeping your money in BTC is not safe, as BTC is extremely volatile, and one fine morning all your money may just be worthless.

That would be a nightmare situation, and to  avoid this, I would recommend this kind of a money management system.

Russelmain

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:54:36 AM

No, in many countries it is impossible to buy something in the store with the help of crypto currency, and where they are completely banned, they are practically useless to use.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:12:42 AM

I can't really say crypto currencies are better than fiat currencies or fiat currencies are better than crypto currencies. This is because if compare both the negatives and the positives aspect of them, you will come to realise that both of them should exist simultaneously.   
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

I am not sure about this. For me, the fiat currency is more better than cryptocurrency because the transaction is more quick than transaction in cryptocurrency.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:25:00 AM

No, unless society is used with cashless/electronic payment method and most people have smart device with internet connection. Also, cryptocurrency is practically useless in poor country.

As of now i think its no, because most likely the people use this kind of cryptocurrency is in the developed area. and it takes a long time if it will happen because many of the rural area have never experience to have an Internet site, so the cryptocurrency is actually useless for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: