Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are they better?
YES - 96 (38.2%)
NO - 25 (10%)
idk - 3 (1.2%)
We need both - 127 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 251

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency  (Read 19652 times)
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:57:59 PM

Of course in the bank you only get 1%+ every year but in the crypto world you can get more than 500%+ within months or a year.
And that amount is very conservative, if you invest in an ico and the skyrockets you could easily earn 50x to 100x your investment or even more if things get really crazy so there is not really a competition, bitcoin and other cryptos are way better than any bank in the world.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:03:38 PM

If bitcoin is used worldwide i consider it a yes.  But now, a large portion of the population is not familiar with it especially in those in 3rd world country like mine.  Tangible cash is still consider the best. We can use bitcoin in our country if we convert it to cash.
I also going to be agree with the present situation that if the bitcoin will grow some more and the people will show the interest in the bitcoin it will become the world currency and the value of the bitcoin will be high as compare to the other currencies and the investments. The regular currency is the lower level people who are not aware of the bitcoin.
buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:09:22 PM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.

It's not just about getting the money back from mining, not everybody mine the coin but yeah it is still good in some other ways for rest of the people as well. Bitcoin has given the opportunities to earn money by different ways of investment and trades.

This is not applicable in case of real currency where it is just traded for goods and services. In case of bitcoin you can actually take up the margin of price difference between, fiat, alts and other assets to earn even more bitcoin. That's what make it different and better than regular one.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:10:37 PM

At the moment, in terms of serving the purposes of a currency then bitcoin is a ways behind. However if it is implemented and used internationally then there is no doubt that it could surpass other currencies. However the limited supply could turn out to be an issue.

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:34:56 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 12:44:52 AM by lighpulsar07

Well no fiat is still better than cryptocurrency in every other way. because of this reasons.
1. Fiat can be used everywhere even without internet connection unlike cryptocurrencies
2. Cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin are slow than any payment methods it must have to wait 10 mins in order to confirm the transaction.
3. Most of the shops and store isn't adapting bitcoin so, it will be hard to find a shop to buy with bitcoins.

Let me quickly buttress on some of the points you have raised. You are right in a way but you still have to consider the positive parts too.
1. Sure fiats can be used everywhere, but that does not mean things are not gradually going digital with even the fiats. The population of people holding fiats now are hugely dropping and most people are now using mobile system for their transactions. I am not saying crypto will take over fiat completely, but we will have a time that making transactions with crypto will become so easy.
2. Cryptos does not have to wait 10 minutes before it gets confirmed. Bitcoin is just one of the cryptocurrencies as some other altcoins are pretty fast. However, I made a transaction yesterday with bitcon and funny enough did not take up to 2 minutes before it gets confirmed, so all still balls down to your tx fees.
3. It is hard now, but it is still a start and we cannot use that to judge yet. One day, bitcoin will go mainstream and we will eventually see how much it pays making transactions with cryptos.

1. really? i don't think so, sure they using mobiles, credit/debit cards for shopping and some transactions but it does some limitations though.
2. i am talking about the block time no matter how high your transaction fee if they haven't find a block for an hour it is considered very slow for a payment provider and by the way i always use a high priority fee when i send bitcoin just go see blockchain or blockcypher and look the block intervals if you know what i mean
3.  no comment
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:54:12 PM

To my view, I would say that cryptocurrencies are far better than fiat currencies as there are lots of advantages of digital money.  Duplication of cryptocurrencies is not possible unlike fiat currencies, identity theft can be avoided using cryptocurrency for purchasing products using credit or debit requires your full personal details whereas in cryptocurrency there is no need to reveal your identity but anyone can keep an eye on the public ledger which records all the bitcoin transactions done worldwide through blockchain technology. Due to mass adoption there is no need to convert to other currencies for travelling overseas. Infact, this technology has built a bridge between other countries.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:37:41 PM

By cryptos you mean?? BTC is regulated. In a decentralized way. You have a fixed maximum amount so the suply is regulated, you have an increasing mining difficulty so "printing" is regulated, you have transactions confirmations so that is regulated as well. And guess what it´s not private nor fungible so ownership is regulated as well. So BTC doesnt lack regulations, its just regulated in a different way.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:46:14 AM

There are still many developments to be undertaken for bitcoin to compete the real world currency. Though bitcoin can profit us in multiple ways but it doesn't really mean that bitcoin is best currency of all. We can't use bitcoin in the real life application and we can't have it traded for goods and services which are offline and available in the stores, malls, theatres, coffee shops etc. When bitcoin will achieve this milestone of getting spent into offline world then we can say that crypto currencies are best of all. See, it's not all about earning money from money but it's sometimes the real use of it.
samtarly

Activity: 196

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:48:14 AM

I choose we need both of it. Cryptocurrencies has a lot of earning potential but for me it is not advisable to spend them on a regular basis unlike the fiat.

Asuka

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:43:12 AM

I choose we need both of it. Cryptocurrencies has a lot of earning potential but for me it is not advisable to spend them on a regular basis unlike the fiat.

Yeah its true. Cryptocurrency and fiat are same needed, so same better no need to choose between the two. Fiat are we always need to buy things.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:56:21 AM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.

I think there are ways where cryptocurrencies are better with our paper money and coins, one of these is its volatility, that is why it is very good in trading and scalping. But this also its weak point, so you need to be very careful in holding cryptocurrencies because you might lose them in a blink of an eye. Unlike our current money today, its value is more stable and accepted, but trading would be very hard to do here compared with cryptocurrencies.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:06:08 AM

If bitcoin is used worldwide i consider it a yes.  But now, a large portion of the population is not familiar with it especially in those in 3rd world country like mine.  Tangible cash is still consider the best. We can use bitcoin in our country if we convert it to cash.
Well I think its batter then regular currency because first thing is it’s easy to carry and here you can also invest and can also do daily trade and important thing is its safe but the important thing for me is his price is high then other currency so I think its batter then other and is some Europe countries bitcoin has a credit card know bitcoin more facilitate his users.
theunbeatable

Activity: 546
Merit: 258

I could either watch it happen or be a part of it

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:19:58 AM

if we compare bitcoin with real regular currency like US dolllar, so bitcoin is nothing.
look at here
https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/CM.MKT.LCAP.CD/rankings
at 2015 USD marketcap 25,067,500,000,000 (im not sure this is fixed) and bitcoin now only  63,332,668,537 its only 3% from USD marketcap
No its not like that, we can't compare BTC in terms of how it acts as a money nowadays (I can't explain it clearly besides thats the 2015 statistics), what we are saying here is that BTC has a technology that far surpasses the currency and the freedom it can bring can shake the knees of the bank owners. This debate has been running for around 6 years and nowadays big people are barking criticism to bitcoin. Like they are saying bitcoin is like a fulfilled wish that its on us on how we will use this technology. Of course some of us are bankers but sorry the world have a piece of technology that can turn the tides.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:27:38 AM

No, I don't think bitcoin are better than regular currency because bitcpin don't have fix value, it aometimes rise, sometimes high, so there are risk And you can't use bitcoin offline you still need internet to use your bitcoin
You think fiats have fixed value when exchanges with each other ? Why do you think forex trading has been in existence even before the arrival of bitcoin.

The point you could have raised would have been bitcoin's huge volatility which most definitely will not keep on being like this forever as a time will come when the adoption would already have been huge by then and the market will be more steady than we have it presently.
Assface16678

Activity: 1414
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:29:57 AM

We need both because in that way bitcoin will have the value in real currency and we need bitcoin because it is literally greater than the fiat in terms of investment.

YellowRiver

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:53:37 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 07:24:09 AM by YellowRiver

Yes and no. It is dependent on the use. In my impression, Bitcoin is not but all set for micropayments, but it is previously a much better way to maintain your prosperity.
Presently, yeah! Long term! Nah!! Bitcoin will not remain as it is presently. A lot of development will ensue and the micro payment issue will be solved.

At this stage, we may be having huge issue with the transaction fees, but a time will come when transaction fees will be minute, processes will be faster and we will end up seeing more people accepting as means of payment.
We may still be back to this though, with the look of things and as adoption keeps increasing.
I will tell you that you have not experienced the transaction fees in other payment processors and in the banks as I have passed through that stages and I have faced that these things have a large amount of fees which often suck all of your income while if you will talk about bitcoin then it is believed that even in the current time the transaction fees of bitcoin is very very low than any other payment way.
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:08:06 AM

Both cryptos and fiat are valuable. Right now, you cannot say that bitcoin is better that fiat especiallynwhen it comes to using it in daily transactions. But when we are going to base it on where can we have more profit, I would prefer using bitcoin or crytocurrencies. With a gery short time you can already see the profit you have in bitcoin. The fact also is that there are still many people or let us say most of the worlds population relies in fiat. But personally, I prefer bitcoin..
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:57:25 AM

I think not yet, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are still very volatile. I believe that stablility is one to be taken in to consideration in choosing which currency is better, but the volatility of cryptocurrencies give the cryptoworld the upper hand, because their value can go up to no one can limit.

Divyam96

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:01:52 AM

No I don’t think that the crypto currency is better than the regular currency because firstly regular currency is stable currency which means it is less prone to variation in value as compared to the crypto currency. Secondly regular currency is regulated by a central bank or the government whereas crypto currency is not.

Roman Abraham

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:47:09 AM

I don't think so, cryptocurrency and fiat money have their respective advantages and disadvantages, on the one hand cryptocurrency is better than fiat money but on the other side fiat money is better than bitcoin. For example if we want to buy daily necessities fiat money is a good choice, but if we want to do digital transactions in bulk, bitcoin is the right choice because of low fee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: