Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are they better?
YES - 96 (38.2%)
NO - 25 (10%)
idk - 3 (1.2%)
We need both - 127 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 251

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency  (Read 19652 times)
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:55:00 AM

If bitcoin is used worldwide i consider it a yes.  But now, a large portion of the population is not familiar with it especially in those in 3rd world country like mine.  Tangible cash is still consider the best. We can use bitcoin in our country if we convert it to cash.
I feel that is what we should be looking forward too anyway. We are still in the adoption phase and it usually takes some few times to get it global. Let us take a look at internet, smartphones etc. Adoption did not just come up in a day… It was gradual and same applies to every new technology.

It just takes a little bit of time and crypto is not an exception. This does not still mean if we look deeply into the value of crypto, it wont be better if fully adopted in the future.
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:50:23 AM

it is time for the financial system to follow decentralization as in cryptocurrency, this is so that there is equity of wealth that can reduce and even eliminate poverty, so I agree that cryptocurrencies better than regular currency.
DG2000

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:08:23 AM

No I don’t think that cryptocurrencies are better than real currency because real currency is controlled by governments or bank which makes it more stable whereas cryptocurrencies are not governed by any bank or government which makes it less stable. Secondly real currency is very pass prone to fluctuations in its value. Therefore it is stable whereas on the other hand the cryptocurrencies are very much prone to fluctuations which decreases its stability.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:23:09 AM

I think that crypto currencies are better then regular currencies. One government in collusion with bank sector can manipulate with money, they will still from people and rich people will get richer.
In decentralized system people from all over the world surveil one another, and its much harder to manipulate with money. Cause I live in third world country I know how it looks like when banks are using people, and this banks headquarters are located in Brisel, London. US, people in western countries live better cause their banks steal more money from undeveloped countries.
Technology is better then economy, and economy as we know it today is made to confuse us while rich people taking advantage. That's why crypto currencies are better, with crypto currencies we can have better future for all the people in this world and not just some.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:10:51 AM

Yes and no. It is dependent on the use. In my impression, Bitcoin is not but all set for micropayments, but it is previously a much better way to maintain your prosperity.
Presently, yeah! Long term! Nah!! Bitcoin will not remain as it is presently. A lot of development will ensue and the micro payment issue will be solved.

At this stage, we may be having huge issue with the transaction fees, but a time will come when transaction fees will be minute, processes will be faster and we will end up seeing more people accepting as means of payment.
We may still be back to this though, with the look of things and as adoption keeps increasing.
Cryptocurrency like bitcoin is away better that the flat currencies of the whole world, flat currency is just piece of paper it never gives its owner huge blows of profit as bitcoin gives and more on it flat currencies are only acceptable in their respective region but bitcoin is acceptable all over the world and its blessings and profit rate is more as compare to conventional currencies,
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:43:24 AM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
In my own perception about cryptocurrency, I think cryptocurrency is better than local currency. You can make money on your own decision. It gives benefits to us to do our work perfectly and correctly. It doesn't matter if you're over age or out of limit as long you as do your work.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:29:15 PM

I think not, until now bitcoin can not be used for direct transactions, many places can not accept bitcoin and still receive cash. hopefully this is the company's concern to make bitcoin easier to use like cash.
You can use bitcoin for direct transaction, not like you cant. The only thing is just the general acceptability for now.

I have been using bitcoin for direct transactions a lot lately than we use to have since some merchants are already coming up to accept bitcoin and more people are also willing to accept bitcoin as well for payment.

Also, we could say micro transaction is still a bit not too cool due to the high transaction fee but that still does not stop anyone from doing that if they want. Some of this will eventually be solved anyway as we keep having more developments on the blockchain.
Unplugged

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

No, unless society is used with cashless/electronic payment method and most people have smart device with internet connection. Also, cryptocurrency is practically useless in poor country.

I agree with what OP has said. Fiat currency is always needed for it to work. It needs to be working hand it hand with each other in order to be used widely is any given country. Slow internet = unhealthy crpypto, thus rendering it useless.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
Nathland

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:09:32 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 01:36:28 PM by Nathland

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
In my own perception about cryptocurrency, I think cryptocurrency is better than local currency. You can make money on your own decision. It gives benefits to us to do our work perfectly and correctly. It doesn't matter if you're over age or out of limit as long you as do your work.
Yes cryptocurrencies are better than regular money.No tax can be applied on the payments received in any cryptocurrency.The transaction is also easy as people now a days are accepting payments in cryptocurrencies.Bitcoin is a blessing and it gives us huge profits.Other cryptocurrencies like ETH,LTC also give us profits.
BitBuff2000

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:01:17 PM

It depends on what you want to use it for.. The attraction for Bitcoin is that it is transparent to governments in its movement and that it is difficult for governments to control access to it. So if I want to buy a large quantity of some illegal substance, I can purchase it from anywhere in the world with Bitcoin and no one can tell. Or if I want to bribe a government official, and not have anyone able to tell I did, I could use Bitcoin.
Some people even look at it as an investment, but while that MAY be profitable, it is a commodity and can go down in value as easily as go up.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:25:19 PM

I don't think so, cryptocurrency and fiat money have their respective advantages and disadvantages, on the one hand cryptocurrency is better than fiat money but on the other side fiat money is better than bitcoin. For example if we want to buy daily necessities fiat money is a good choice, but if we want to do digital transactions in bulk, bitcoin is the right choice because of low fee.
You are thinking the opposite mate! Have you ever think about the other side the crypto currency has, if not then listen the price and the value of the crypto currency is now very high and the people who are having the high information about the investment at the right time must know the points about the potential that is increasing more and more. The value of the bitcoin will be high when the importance of the bitcoin will be more than the fiat and the regular money because it is easier to use.
stanisl

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:44:05 PM

For now, No. But when the appropriate time will come, it will be. For now, let us get pleasure from getting each of the currencies.
nominee

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:48:20 PM

I don't think so, cryptocurrency and fiat money have their respective advantages and disadvantages, on the one hand cryptocurrency is better than fiat money but on the other side fiat money is better than bitcoin. For example if we want to buy daily necessities fiat money is a good choice, but if we want to do digital transactions in bulk, bitcoin is the right choice because of low fee.
You are thinking the opposite mate! Have you ever think about the other side the crypto currency has, if not then listen the price and the value of the crypto currency is now very high and the people who are having the high information about the investment at the right time must know the points about the potential that is increasing more and more. The value of the bitcoin will be high when the importance of the bitcoin will be more than the fiat and the regular money because it is easier to use.

I can certainly put the fiat Money, real Money, paper Money on the top of bitcoin, eth and other alt coins. Digital assets are still very weak and vulnerable in the market. Their values are problematic. Fluctuating too much.
Oggy Pogi

Activity: 203

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:55:50 PM

You have the point upon saying that but remember that there are still some instances that even bitcoin was already on a wide usage, still some prefer having cash or regular currency because there are different ways of using those two types of currency which can vary based on the usage or scenario where it will be used. Having both type of currency can enable you to be flexible on any type of situation since you are having both types of currency. Both can be better in use if they are properly use on the specific scenario they are required.

chromosomes

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:32:16 PM

Both currencies are important because if there is no regular currency that you call, many cannot convert bitcoins and turn them into a local currency, and then use it to buy or to spend it in something. We cannot use bitcoin to pay for restaurants or malls, though. Also, cryptocurrencies are important because this is the innovation of today's technology and many people rely in this to earn some money or save some, in a new and safe way.

center]DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  [/center]
real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:43:40 PM

I don't think that the cryptocurrencies are better than regular currency, because just like the regular currencies, the cryptocurrencies have also problems and disadvantages. For example, the fees or the security situations can sometimes become big problems for cryptocurrency users. And also it is not possible for now to use cryptocurrencies in every area of our daily life.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:42:06 AM

I don't think that the cryptocurrencies are better than regular currency, because just like the regular currencies, the cryptocurrencies have also problems and disadvantages. For example, the fees or the security situations can sometimes become big problems for cryptocurrency users. And also it is not possible for now to use cryptocurrencies in every area of our daily life.
Positive and negative points are always there, but to me i think crypto currencies have their own importance and in modern time the importance of cryptocurrencies is increasing, because the new generation is giving more importance to crypto currencies and even they have changed their shopping from fiat to online currency, even some have also converted their business to online and in this respect we can say that the importance of crypto currencies is increasing from time to time. In future we can expect that crypto currencies will be use as commonly, just like fiat currencies.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Harbal

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:10:05 AM

Yes, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are much better than normal forex in so many techniques like quick transactions, stability, and a whole lot of other issues. Bitcoins are now more safer to use on the web than any other standard currency simply because it could assist you steer clear of obtaining your individual info leaked some in which in the world wide web.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:56:48 PM

Cryptocurrencies does provides a lot opportunities to multiply our fiat investment, sure regular currencies are required to the daily needs, but crypto does provide the best opportunities for anybody whiling to take the risk. I dont know any fiat investment wich allow me to double my fiat into 1 year or even 2-3 years, crypto is full of those opportunities daily.
This is the main difference with fiat, fiat can only make you lose money in the long term, if you hold fiat you are losing money every single second that you hold it, but if you hold bitcoin or alts you have the chance of earning money by just holding it and the longer you hold the bigger the chances of making profits and the bigger the profits as well.

Holding crypto coins will give profit whenever the price rises but how the fiats value will be reduced if you hold it for long term. There are many corrupted politicians holding fiats as a hard cash still they have fiats with the same value only not reduced.
I prefer BTC, ETH and Monero now since these have good potential to invest in trading and mining.
The purchasing power of fiat is reduced every second because governments keep printing it, just think about it, all the things that you could buy with a dollar a century ago, think of the things that you could buy with a dollar a decade ago, even if you still have the same dollar now it buys less, if I remember correctly the dollar has lost 95% of its purchasing power in the last century, but if you held gold you will still have a similar purchasing power and if you held bitcoin for the last 9 years your purchasing power would have gone through the roof.
Both have their advantages and usages in daily life. We can use regular currency in our local markets easily and we can use crypto currency in the world market easily. But crypto currency has more features than regular currency. It is also an investment and in the future your investment will surely give you high profit. So crypto is also a currency and coin business, while regular currency is just for daily use.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:55:55 PM

Well, when we talk about regular currency, we mean the local money that we have - the coins and bills that we use in buying things we need. Compared to local money, bitcoin is advantageous in terms of its medium - the internet. You can not just buy online using your local money. You need to send the money electronically, and that's the good point about using bitcoin/altcoins. You can buy thing online with ease and no hustle. I also think that bitcoin/altcoin wallets are better than credit cards since not all people can afford to apply for a bank account/credit card.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: