Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN [DENT] Dent: Tokenizing and Liberating the World's Mobile Data  (Read 98926 times)
zantezu

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:04:25 PM

If I am a user I buy 1000 dent each month for my use from dent app...I don’t go to exchange...so what will drive the exchange price?

Do you think 60B supply within the app is not enough and users will come to exchange to buy Dent tokens?
will the app have a function where people can buy DENT directly using their fiat or bitcoin(other crypto)?

Dent is a erc20 token so I doubt it will work directly with Bitcoin but you never know.
As per Fiat, yes it will work with PayPal. You can buy data thru dent app using a credit card and in the background is going to use dent coin ( without forcing you to buy them before hand ).

Mikko ( one of the founder ) gave a detailed explanation of how transactions will work on telegram ( Dev and team are really active in telegram )

Paycent|ICO: 2-30 Nov ’17|JOIN DISCUSSION
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:43:27 PM

If I am a user I buy 1000 dent each month for my use from dent app...I don’t go to exchange...so what will drive the exchange price?

Do you think 60B supply within the app is not enough and users will come to exchange to buy Dent tokens?
will the app have a function where people can buy DENT directly using their fiat or bitcoin(other crypto)?

Dent is a erc20 token so I doubt it will work directly with Bitcoin but you never know.
As per Fiat, yes it will work with PayPal. You can buy data thru dent app using a credit card and in the background is going to use dent coin ( without forcing you to buy them before hand ).

Mikko ( one of the founder ) gave a detailed explanation of how transactions will work on telegram ( Dev and team are really active in telegram )
thanks for the info. I've been wanting to join the telegram groups of the coins that i'm following but I can't because super groups are not available in my region
ashuawei

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:02:07 PM

Hi there.. i would like to know if DENT is already availble on other exchange Than on the etherdelta? Is the team will have plans to list it to other exchange? Like hitbtc?
zantezu

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:07:47 PM

Hi there.. i would like to know if DENT is already availble on other exchange Than on the etherdelta? Is the team will have plans to list it to other exchange? Like hitbtc?

For now only radar and etherdelta no others have dent as per right now.

zantezu

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:18:01 PM

Here the convo from mikko, parts are missing but it give the idea.

It is good stuffs.

DENT:
2. The DENT EXCHANGE (Where the DENT Tokens for Mobile App and the operator Data Packahges reside)

To make the data handling and high transaction volume of payments, operator activations and that fast and efficient, we decided to run a parachain, which is connected to ETHEREUM main chain

This makes transactions faster and we dont have to pay high Gas fees for a micropayment, for example a 1 dollar purchase of data

Use case 1: An Existing DENT owner wants to top up the DENT app from his Crypto Wallet:

When you are registered in the app, we create you a "wallet" in the DENT Exchange

If you want to buy data, lets keep this example simple: lets say, in the USA you would want to buy a 1 GB package, and the price would be 10.000 DENT

So in the app, you have 2 options to top up your account:

1. Use Paypal to buy DENT using FIAT
2. Transfer existing DENTs and deposit them to your DENT Exchange wallet

1. is the obvious choice of the millions of mobile users that have never heard of Crypto currencies or wallets or such, they just buy "Credits", without knowing that there is Crypto in the background

So: in case 1: The User buys the DENT Tokens from DENT Wireless, our company, where we have roughly 89 Billion tokens stored in our wallets. 30 Billion + 60 Billion that are locked up in vaults and released to our company quartely

So released means: Not to the free market as some of you are worrying

Now, so Jose, the customer in Mexico uses his paypal to pay 10 Dollars for the 10.000 DENT tokens (or credits).

With that he can send data to anyone in the carrier network of ours, starting with AT&T, Verizon in the US, and America Movil and Telcel in Mexico

At the moment, when he purchases the data package, the 10.000 DENT get back to DENT Company account, and data is being credited to the users phone number that was the target

2. Okay, so you guys have DENTs that you have today, so you can open the app, it will show a QR Code and the DENT wallet address that the app created for you, and you can just move DENT tokens to the DENT exchange. You will be able to send data to others or top up your own, if you are on a supported carrier.

So you can use the DENTs from day one when the app is released

If we look at trhe situation from the side of the crypto currency owners (the 10B+) Tokens, the tokens that will be sent to DENT Exchange will be away from that inventory, as they have been moved away

There is no way for the mobile user to buy DENT in the mobile app and then sell them to HitBTC, so the Crypto DENTs will be less and less. DENT Company can of course move them back to the crypto market if it has a reason to.

About the release of the VAult tokens:

The 60B vault tokens will be released from the vaults to DENT company, and will be used for many purposes, salaries, bonuses, market liquidity, seeding the carrier market etc. It is not planned to "dump" them anywhere, as they are a real asset for the business

User Acquisition:

- It is planned that the users will receive a certain amount of DENT tokens automatically to their wallet at DENT Exchange, so they can immediately purchased data packages.

These DENTs will come from DENT company, and if we have, lets say - a million users that get 1000 DENT, yes thats a billion tokens, but remember, from the user's sight, they are just credits, not cryptocurrencies, and they can ONLY buy data with them, not move them to Crypto exchanges.

And after they buy the data, they come back to DENT Parachain circulation

Also look Into this :

https://youtu.be/WwLuoy5hVPU

A user analysis of the dent token.

Kencha77

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:28:13 PM

It is good stuffs.

DENT:
2. The DENT EXCHANGE (Where the DENT Tokens for Mobile App and the operator Data Packahges reside)

To make the data handling and high transaction volume of payments, operator activations and that fast and efficient, we decided to run a parachain, which is connected to ETHEREUM main chain

This makes transactions faster and we dont have to pay high Gas fees for a micropayment, for example a 1 dollar purchase of data

Use case 1: An Existing DENT owner wants to top up the DENT app from his Crypto Wallet:

When you are registered in the app, we create you a "wallet" in the DENT Exchange

If you want to buy data, lets keep this example simple: lets say, in the USA you would want to buy a 1 GB package, and the price would be 10.000 DENT

1. is the obvious choice of the millions of mobile users that have never heard of Crypto currencies or wallets or such, they just buy "Credits", without knowing that there is Crypto in the background

So: in case 1: The User buys the DENT Tokens from DENT Wireless, our company, where we have roughly 89 Billion tokens stored in our wallets. 30 Billion + 60 Billion that are locked up in vaults and released to our company quartely

Now, so Jose, the customer in Mexico uses his paypal to pay 10 Dollars for the 10.000 DENT tokens (or credits).

With that he can send data to anyone in the carrier network of ours, starting with AT&T, Verizon in the US, and America Movil and Telcel in Mexico

At the moment, when he purchases the data package, the 10.000 DENT get back to DENT Company account, and data is being credited to the users phone number that was the target

2. Okay, so you guys have DENTs that you have today, so you can open the app, it will show a QR Code and the DENT wallet address that the app created for you, and you can just move DENT tokens to the DENT exchange. You will be able to send data to others or top up your own, if you are on a supported carrier.

If we look at trhe situation from the side of the crypto currency owners (the 10B+) Tokens, the tokens that will be sent to DENT Exchange will be away from that inventory, as they have been moved away

There is no way for the mobile user to buy DENT in the mobile app and then sell them to HitBTC, so the Crypto DENTs will be less and less. DENT Company can of course move them back to the crypto market if it has a reason to.

The 60B vault tokens will be released from the vaults to DENT company, and will be used for many purposes, salaries, bonuses, market liquidity, seeding the carrier market etc. It is not planned to "dump" them anywhere, as they are a real asset for the business

User Acquisition:

- It is planned that the users will receive a certain amount of DENT tokens automatically to their wallet at DENT Exchange, so they can immediately purchased data packages.

These DENTs will come from DENT company, and if we have, lets say - a million users that get 1000 DENT, yes thats a billion tokens, but remember, from the user's sight, they are just credits, not cryptocurrencies, and they can ONLY buy data with them, not move them to Crypto exchanges.

Also look Into this :

The value of DENT within the DENT app will be based on the current market price from the exchanges am i right? So if that is the case, then i guess buying DENT within the app will be slightly more expensive compared to the current value in the exchanges
zantezu

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:18:52 AM

It is good stuffs.

DENT:

User Acquisition:

Also look Into this :

The value of DENT within the DENT app will be based on the current market price from the exchanges am i right? So if that is the case, then i guess buying DENT within the app will be slightly more expensive compared to the current value in the exchanges

Not really, they created a subnetwork for the payment that is based on eth but it does not affect the crypto sold during ico.

Pretty much this is what I understood : the dent token are treated like stocks, depending on how the app goes the price will go up. But those token hodled by users will be also usable in the app and in case of extreme need once they have been transferred they can be put back in the crypto market. In the app the tokens used will not have a value outside of the app. If you buy 10.000 tokens in the app you cannot sell them back on an exchange.

This is my understanding.

Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:54:41 AM

Did Dent just made a partnership with AT&T in the USA? Here is their latest tweet two days ago https://twitter.com/dentcoin/status/933974399975350272. Or is it possible in other countries to transfer data/usable internet load even if the networks are different?
Kencha77

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:22:02 AM

Did Dent just made a partnership with AT&T in the USA? Here is their latest tweet two days ago https://twitter.com/dentcoin/status/933974399975350272. Or is it possible in other countries to transfer data/usable internet load even if the networks are different?
The partnership/s were announce for months already and AT&T is one of the first of those partnerships
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:14:52 PM

The biggest revenue generation will be through their promotional videos - where targeted mobile app users could be easily sent a promotional Ad as video and get them rewarded as Data plan

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:27:20 PM

One small question...Dent app releasing in few days...does anyone know the price of 1 GB data...or it will be a secret because Dent team doesn’t want to speculate??
Andrey106

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:52:20 AM

dent has long been sold on the stock exchange HITBTC
ashuawei

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:23:01 PM

Thanks for the info man. I also have dents in my tve. Are dent okens on tve can already be ttansferable to my myetherwaLlet?
altcointalk14

Activity: 751

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:17:47 PM

Thanks for the info man. I also have dents in my tve. Are dent okens on tve can already be ttansferable to my myetherwaLlet?

You have to try. If TVE will let you withdraw, everything should be fine. I have no issues with DENT on MyEtherWallet.

DENT is traded on HitBTC for a long time, so you can also try to send them there.

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/DENT-to-ETH
zantezu

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:36:29 PM

You have to try. If TVE will let you withdraw, everything should be fine. I have no issues with DENT on MyEtherWallet.

DENT is traded on HitBTC for a long time, so you can also try to send them there.

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/DENT-to-ETH

yes, you do not need to add them as tokens, they have been already registered long time ago in MEW.

jooj

Activity: 650
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 09:11:33 AM

One small question...Dent app releasing in few days...does anyone know the price of 1 GB data...or it will be a secret because Dent team doesn’t want to speculate??

Do you know the exact date for Dent app releasing? I didn't see Dent team announcement regarding Dent app releasing.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
zuggu-1

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:23:50 AM

Do you know the exact date for Dent app releasing? I didn't see Dent team announcement regarding Dent app releasing.
DENT Mobile App for iOS to be released in December 2017, no exact date announced by the team yet
newb-dev

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:16:32 PM

what exchanges is dent on? haven't bought any since ico. looking to increase my stack. ED and Hit?
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 12:35:43 PM

what exchanges is dent on? haven't bought any since ico. looking to increase my stack. ED and Hit?

hitbtc and etherdelta. its pretty much cheap as of now you can buy millions if you have to. its said that they can already send data to mobile users with the app. the date which the app is to be released isn't mentioned yet but its to be this dec.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
altcointalk14

Activity: 751

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:52:13 PM

DENT Mobile App for iOS to be released in December 2017, no exact date announced by the team yet

Do the development team announce updates here, or use other communication channel?

I hope they will release Mobile App soon, because the future looks bad..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: