Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:33:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] rxOC easy-to-use Linux AMD Mining v_stopgap  (Read 31340 times)
elproducto1

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:37:11 PM

Hello All,

First off, big huge thanks to fullzero for creating this great mining OS.  Check out my recent gist post on how to incorporate EthControl mining control software from EthMonitoring website into rxOC stopgap version below. EthContol is a mining control/monitoring software. EhtControl downloads crypto mining software to your rig based on what configuration you have setup in the EthMonitoring website. You can also use the same steps taken to setup EthControl to incorporate other miners into rxoC oneBash script.  I am going to work on incorporating xmr-stak next. 

Software development is not in my wheelhouse, so please excuse any missteps I have taken.  Maybe we can create a fork of current development , and have the community test and provide vetted commits. I see in the first post that software upgrades have been disabled.  I have not gotten a chance to dig in yet, but how can we enable updates to get us to at Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS.  If anyone is interested in helping please hit me up on DM or Discord chat.

Incorporate EthControl
https://gist.github.com/elproducto/624a21edbd86c9b307602f696075c468

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:31:16 PM

Hello All,

First off, big huge thanks to fullzero for creating this great mining OS.  Check out my recent gist post on how to incorporate EthControl mining control software from EthMonitoring website into rxOC stopgap version below. EthContol is a mining control/monitoring software. EhtControl downloads crypto mining software to your rig based on what configuration you have setup in the EthMonitoring website. You can also use the same steps taken to setup EthControl to incorporate other miners into rxoC oneBash script.  I am going to work on incorporating xmr-stak next. 

Software development is not in my wheelhouse, so please excuse any missteps I have taken.  Maybe we can create a fork of current development , and have the community test and provide vetted commits. I see in the first post that software upgrades have been disabled.  I have not gotten a chance to dig in yet, but how can we enable updates to get us to at Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS.  If anyone is interested in helping please hit me up on DM or Discord chat.

Incorporate EthControl

You HAVE to move to the AMDGPU drivers to use Ubuntu 16.04 or later, as the older fglrx drivers flat out are not supported - they actually got "unsupported" in 14.04.04 but you can "roll back" the XServer in THAT version to make them work again.
You also have to install the ROCm stack for OpenCL support, but oddly enough that seems to work on ANYTHING out of AMD that is GCN based - even the GCN-based APUs that the AMDGPU drivers themselves do NOT support like my A10-7890k and A10-7860 models.
The ROCm stack appears to offer ZERO support for pre-GCN cards at all, so forget about HD 6xxx and older or the early low-7xxx series cards (anything lower than the HD 7750) or the iGPU in AMD APUs that were pre-GCN like the A10-5700.

I'm actually not certain about the status on 14.10 15.04 or 15.10 but as those releases are no longer supported at all by Canonical there's no point in even looking at them.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
etherdave

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:43:51 PM

Hi guys, we have new AMD drivers, new Claymore version, new Ubuntu 18.04 coming...any hope of somebody to make a new versione of rxOS?

It's not rxOC (I haven't figured out how to get it working on a USB flash drive yet) but I've got a working XUbuntu 16.04 setup running with AMDGPU drivers.
It does some undervolt and substantial underclock with Polaris cards, but the R9 290 cards I've tried on it have no clock control at all (limitation of the bloody AMDGPU driver stack) and I'm not sure of the BIOS mods on those cards (TheStilt) is letting them undervolt.
I've not tested it on Vega as my only Vega card is in my gaming machine.

It does NOT allow use of an AMD iGPU as video output (MORE AMDGPU limitations, over 2 YEARS since AMD has supported any APU at all under LINUX) but the ROCm stack for OpenCL support DOES work on the iGPU of an A10 (for what that's worth).
It DOES allow fan control on everything I've thrown at it.
It's also not a fancy "one place setup" sort of thing, more of a "minimal install standard XUbuntu" type setup.

The main issue is that the AMDGPU driver stack is still a very poorly done and VERY incomplete "work in progress", to the point I actually recommend using Windows 7 instead of LINUX on Polaris cards BECAUSE of the junk drivers for LINUX.

...undervolt is very interesting, since I tried with mod. bios in polaris but it seems with nosuccess...and what kind of performance are you getting compared to rxOC? Can you share a link to it? TIA
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:57:20 PM

Hi guys, we have new AMD drivers, new Claymore version, new Ubuntu 18.04 coming...any hope of somebody to make a new versione of rxOS?

It's not rxOC (I haven't figured out how to get it working on a USB flash drive yet) but I've got a working XUbuntu 16.04 setup running with AMDGPU drivers.
It does some undervolt and substantial underclock with Polaris cards, but the R9 290 cards I've tried on it have no clock control at all (limitation of the bloody AMDGPU driver stack) and I'm not sure of the BIOS mods on those cards (TheStilt) is letting them undervolt.
I've not tested it on Vega as my only Vega card is in my gaming machine.

It does NOT allow use of an AMD iGPU as video output (MORE AMDGPU limitations, over 2 YEARS since AMD has supported any APU at all under LINUX) but the ROCm stack for OpenCL support DOES work on the iGPU of an A10 (for what that's worth).
It DOES allow fan control on everything I've thrown at it.
It's also not a fancy "one place setup" sort of thing, more of a "minimal install standard XUbuntu" type setup.

The main issue is that the AMDGPU driver stack is still a very poorly done and VERY incomplete "work in progress", to the point I actually recommend using Windows 7 instead of LINUX on Polaris cards BECAUSE of the junk drivers for LINUX.

...undervolt is very interesting, since I tried with mod. bios in polaris but it seems with nosuccess...and what kind of performance are you getting compared to rxOC? Can you share a link to it? TIA

I've never used rxOC so I can't compare to it.
I don't have a link to my "work in progress" at this point, possibly soon.

Optimally the next AMDGPU release will make it obsolete, as AMD has CLAIMED they're going to "add undervolt support" to it.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
elproducto1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:07:31 AM

Hello All,

Incorporate EthControl

You HAVE to move to the AMDGPU drivers to use Ubuntu 16.04 or later, as the older fglrx drivers flat out are not supported - they actually got "unsupported" in 14.04.04 but you can "roll back" the XServer in THAT version to make them work again.
You also have to install the ROCm stack for OpenCL support, but oddly enough that seems to work on ANYTHING out of AMD that is GCN based - even the GCN-based APUs that the AMDGPU drivers themselves do NOT support like my A10-7890k and A10-7860 models.
The ROCm stack appears to offer ZERO support for pre-GCN cards at all, so forget about HD 6xxx and older or the early low-7xxx series cards (anything lower than the HD 7750) or the iGPU in AMD APUs that were pre-GCN like the A10-5700.

I'm actually not certain about the status on 14.10 15.04 or 15.10 but as those releases are no longer supported at all by Canonical there's no point in even looking at them.

rxOC is running 16.04.3, it is using amdgpu driver, and I do see shell scripts related to ROCm. We gotta make the move to AMDGPU-Pro Beta Mining Driver version, upgrade all miners installed, update oneBash script to include variables for new mners.  

Code:
Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.11.0-kfd-compute-rocm-rel-1.6-180 x86_64)
m1@m1-desktop:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
Release:        16.04
Codename:       xenial
m1@m1-desktop:~$ dmesg | grep amdgpu | grep module
[    1.325174] [drm] amdgpu: freesync_module init done ffff8e6bc30ae380.
[    3.457760] [drm] amdgpu: freesync_module init done ffff8e6bc13ca680.
[    5.545135] [drm] amdgpu: freesync_module init done ffff8e6bc13caf00.
[    7.621352] [drm] amdgpu: freesync_module init done ffff8e6bc0f057e0.
[   10.053676] [drm] amdgpu: freesync_module init done ffff8e6bc0548200.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:14:40 PM

The AMD beta mining version has LESS support for older cards (not a big deal if you don't mix them with new stuff) than the current 17.50 release, and doesn't support underclock or undervolt at ALL as far as I can tell.
It also has widely reported issues with "doesn't work with VEGA", though there appear to be possible work arounds for those issues in some cases.

jintruder

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:47:52 PM

How to add support for Claymore's ETH miner ver. 11.6 ?

I would to add latest claymores ETH miner in into current version rxOC : v_stopgap

What are the exact steps in order to add it ?
elproducto1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:15:14 PM

How to add support for Claymore's ETH miner ver. 11.6 ?

I would to add latest claymores ETH miner in into current version rxOC : v_stopgap

What are the exact steps in order to add it ?

Two options - replace existing claymore miner with new miner or follow my gist above and replace ethcontrol with whatever miner you want. 
  • Download & install miner software
  • Add variables & miner run statement to onebash file
elproducto1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:41:01 AM

The AMD beta mining version has LESS support for older cards (not a big deal if you don't mix them with new stuff) than the current 17.50 release, and doesn't support underclock or undervolt at ALL as far as I can tell.
It also has widely reported issues with "doesn't work with VEGA", though there appear to be possible work arounds for those issues in some cases.

rxOC comes with block chain drivers(missed that in first post of this thread) version 17.10-429170.  Not sure there is much hope for older card, I believe on my regular non rxOC install AMDGPU-Pro worked with my older 7850 and R9-270X cards.  Looks like folks have had success getting VEGA working by installing latest kernels. As you know, the state of AMD drivers in Linux is not good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/7sz8fc/rx_vega_and_linux_gaming/
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 12:46:29 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 01:05:46 PM by papampi

As requested by fk1 and some other rxOC users, I made a simple wtm auto switch for rxOC

Here is the wtm auto switch for rxoc
I dont have rxOC so I can not test, hope it works

Please check and let me know how it goes.

fk1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:40:27 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 11:28:18 AM by fk1

As requested by fk1 and some other rxOC users, I made a simple wtm auto switch for rxOC

Here is the wtm auto switch for rxoc
I dont have rxOC so I can not test, hope it works

Please check and let me know how it goes.

Hi papampi,

I just had a try: it seems like there is no wtm_auto_switch running in the background after fireing up oneBash. with ps -ef | grep wtm I can't find any running process. Here is what the output of console is after I fire 'bash oneBash':

Code:
LAUNCHING:  WTM AUTO SWITCH

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keybinder/__init__.py:26: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_keymap_get_for_display: assertion 'GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
  from _keybinder import *
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keybinder/__init__.py:26: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  from _keybinder import *

** (main.py:1822): WARNING **: keybinder_init: Unable to open display

(guake:1822): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/guake/main.py", line 239, in <module>
    exec_main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/guake/main.py", line 230, in exec_main
    if not test_gconf():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/guake/common.py", line 52, in test_gconf
    return c.dir_exists('/apps/guake')
glib.GError: No D-BUS daemon running

workername: _38

edit: I tried to manually launch 'bash wtm_auto_switch' manually. This seems to work without all those errors in the beginning, however, now I think the problem with this old oneBash starts to come up just like I had on several trys before:

Code:

rig IP: 192.168.178.38

For my example I start mining zclassic and should switch to ETH. When I start wtm_auto_switch, the mining process also starts in the same screen. After I cancel it:

Code:
ZEC: GPU0 321.837 H/s
Quit signal received...
cat: /home/m1/WTM_top_coin: No such file or directory
cat: /home/m1/WTM_current_revenue: No such file or directory
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
Current Coin Algo:
Current Coin: ZCL
Top Coin Algo:
Top Coin:

My guess is that once someone decided to split the oneBash code into 0mining and 3main for a reason. After a while I can see this:

Code:
Top Coin:
  File "/home/m1/WTM_SWITCHER", line 19, in <module>
    import requests
ImportError: No module named requests

I just received more output by the time of writing:
Code:
===================   ROCm System Management Interface   ===================
============================================================================
GPU[0]          : Fan Level: 255 (100.0)%
GPU[0]          : Successfully set fan speed to Level 255
===================          End of ROCm SMI Log         ===================

/home/m1/oneBash: line 391: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 433: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 470: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 500: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 530: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 560: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 603: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 651: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 694: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 735: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 746: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 758: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 791: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 824: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 857: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 890: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 917: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 944: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 971: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 998: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1025: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1052: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1079: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1106: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1139: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1172: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1205: [: ==: unary operator expected
Tue May  1 07:22:18 EDT 2018 - Same Coin on Top, Continue mining
24 Hour Average Revenue:  -nan USD
Check again in 180 seconds

Thsís loops every few minutes. Unfortunately I can't see any switch or mining screen after I cancel the first one. I hope this helps.
papampi

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 06:53:43 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 06:16:54 AM by papampi

Sorry for late reply

I will try to find the problem on oneBash, in the mean time install python request with:

Code:
sudo apt install python-pip
sudo pip install requests

This should solve the WTM python problem

Edit:
What happens when you run this command:

Code:
guake -n /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch -r WTM_AUTO_SWITCH -e "bash /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch"

Edit 2:
Does rxOC has screen installed?
We can try to run wtm in screen mode

Change oneBash wtm start command from guake to screen and see how it goes:

Code:
screen  -dmS wtm  bash /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch

If screen is not installed in rxOC bt default install with :
Code:
sudo apt install screen
After restart oneBash, run

Code:
screen -r wtm

This shows wtm switcher output, to get out of screen "ctrl a+d" (dont use ctrl+c)

fk1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

Code:
sudo apt install pip

couldn't install pip: E: Unable to locate package pip
googled and installed python-pip, that was 8.x I upgraded to v10 and seemed to successfully install requests

What happens when you run this command:

Code:
guake -n /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch -r WTM_AUTO_SWITCH -e "bash /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch"
Code:
m1@m1-desktop:~$ guake -n /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch -r WTM_AUTO_SWITCH -e "bash /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch"
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keybinder/__init__.py:26: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_keymap_get_for_display: assertion 'GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
  from _keybinder import *
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keybinder/__init__.py:26: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  from _keybinder import *

** (main.py:2225): WARNING **: keybinder_init: Unable to open display

(guake:2225): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/guake/main.py", line 239, in <module>
    exec_main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/guake/main.py", line 230, in exec_main
    if not test_gconf():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/guake/common.py", line 52, in test_gconf
    return c.dir_exists('/apps/guake')
glib.GError: No D-BUS daemon running

m1@m1-desktop:~$

Edit 2:
Does rxOC has screen installed?
We can try to run wtm in screen mode

Change oneBash wtm start command from guake to screen and see how it goes:

Code:
screen  -dmS wtm  bash /home/m1/wtm_auto_switch

If screen is not installed in rxOC bt default install with :
Code:
sudo apt install screen
After restart oneBash, run

Code:
screen -r wtm

This shows wtm switcher output, to get out of screen "ctrl a+d" (dont use ctrl+c)

I replaced the guake line in oneBash with your given screen line. I start the oneBash in a "main" screen:

Code:
m1@m1-desktop:~$ bash oneBash

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev e7)

GPU[0]          : Supported GPU clock frequencies on GPU0
GPU[0]          : 0: 1100Mhz *
GPU[0]          : 1: 1240Mhz
GPU[0]          : 2: 1100Mhz
GPU[0]          :
GPU[0]          : Supported GPU Memory clock frequencies on GPU0
GPU[0]          : 0: 2050Mhz
GPU[0]          : 1: 2200Mhz *
GPU[0]          :

GPU[0]          : Successfully reset GPU and Memory clocks

GPU[0]          : Successfully set current PowerPlay Level to high

GPU[0]          : Successfully set GPU Memory Clock frequency mask to Level 1

GPU[0]          : Unable to set clock to unsupported Level - Max Level is 2

Sun May  6 14:21:43 EDT 2018
Action: Removing ...
systemctl stop teamviewerd.service
Failed to stop teamviewerd.service: Unit teamviewerd.service not loaded.
fail

kill '/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/teamviewer' - root (/home/m1/.local/share/teamviewer12 / /home/m1/.local/share/teamviewer12)

Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory
try again, full path...
Failed to execute operation: Invalid argument

oneBash: line 391: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 433: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 470: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 500: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 530: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 560: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 603: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 651: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 694: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 735: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 746: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 758: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 791: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 824: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 857: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 890: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 917: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 944: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 971: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 998: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 1025: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 1052: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 1079: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 1106: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 1139: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 1172: [: ==: unary operator expected
oneBash: line 1205: [: ==: unary operator expected

The GPUs get set by rocm-smi as you can see. After that I expect the mining process to show up. I am trying to mine ZEC and switch to ETH. In these days of rxOC ETH/claymore starts up in own screen but ZEC just starts where the whole oneBash does. I also searched with ps-ef but no mining happens. here is wtm screen output:

Code:
[detached from 3224.wtm]
m1@m1-desktop:~$ clear
m1@m1-desktop:~$ screen -r wtm
Last top coin not in current coin list any more, Switch to 1st coin
sed: can't read /home/m1/WTM_top_coin: No such file or directory
  File "/home/m1/WTM_SWITCHER", line 32, in <module>
    outputDir=cfg["output_dir"]
KeyError: 'output_dir'

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev e7)

GPU[0]          : Supported GPU clock frequencies on GPU0
GPU[0]          : 0: 1100Mhz *
GPU[0]          : 1: 1240Mhz
GPU[0]          : 2: 1100Mhz
GPU[0]          :
GPU[0]          : Supported GPU Memory clock frequencies on GPU0
GPU[0]          : 0: 2050Mhz
GPU[0]          : 1: 2200Mhz *
GPU[0]          :

GPU[0]          : Successfully reset GPU and Memory clocks

GPU[0]          : Successfully set current PowerPlay Level to high

GPU[0]          : Successfully set GPU Memory Clock frequency mask to Level 1

GPU[0]          : Unable to set clock to unsupported Level - Max Level is 2

Sun May  6 14:23:05 EDT 2018
Action: Removing ...
systemctl stop teamviewerd.service
Failed to stop teamviewerd.service: Unit teamviewerd.service not loaded.
fail

kill '/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/teamviewer' - root (/home/m1/.local/share/teamviewer12 / /home/m1/.local/share/teamviewer12)

Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory
try again, full path...
Failed to execute operation: Invalid argument

/home/m1/oneBash: line 391: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 433: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 470: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 500: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 530: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 560: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 603: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 651: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 694: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 735: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 746: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 758: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 791: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 824: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 857: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 890: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 917: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 944: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 971: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 998: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1025: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1052: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1079: [: ==: unary operator expected
/home/m1/oneBash: line 1106: [: ==: unary operator expected
Sun May  6 14:23:05 EDT 2018 - Same Coin on Top, Continue mining
24 Hour Average Revenue:  -nan USD
Check again in 180 seconds

I found these unary operator expected issues before. When I tried to split the oneBash into a new form of 0miner and 3main I also had these: Seems like somehow the format of oneBash is broken. The lines are blank but deleting them doesnt do anything.
papampi

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 06:16:38 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 06:55:02 AM by papampi

Code:
sudo apt install pip

couldn't install pip: E: Unable to locate package pip
googled and installed python-pip, that was 8.x I upgraded to v10 and seemed to successfully install requests

Sorry, my mistake, it should have been python-pip

Made some changes to WTM_SWITCHER, try the new one from GitHub: WTM_SWITCHER
Then check if this gives any errors:

Code:
python2.7 /home/m1/WTM_SWITCHER /home/m1/WTM.json 

fk1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:30:51 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 07:22:16 PM by fk1

Code:
m1@m1-desktop:~$ python2.7 /home/m1/WTM_SWITCHER /home/m1/WTM.json
BTC PRICE: 9169.22 USD
ETH 13.50 USD
ZCL 7.58 USD
New profits
ETH: 100 %
ZCL: 56 %

e: we have some part success: I tried the process again with running 'bash oneBash' in a 'main' screen configured ZCL as coin.
unfortunately the mining process still suffers but the wtm screen is running and after a while it recognized eth is the new coin to go and it switched the mining to eth/claymore inside the 'wtm' screen.
I will try to figure out now why zcl doesn't start. tyvm papampi

e2: ok, I googled this unary expression thing again and found https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13617843/unary-operator-expected

I changed the first lines that had this error for testing in oneBash:
Code:
if [ $COIN == "NICE" ]
then

if [ $GENOILorCLAYMORE == "GENOIL" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/Genoil/ethminer'

to the following (There is no reason I did the first two: I started out and on 2nd extra quotation I realised I should have a try first so the first one might have been enough)
Code:
if [ "$COIN" == "NICE" ]
then

if [ "$GENOILorCLAYMORE" == "GENOIL" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/Genoil/ethminer'

ZCL works again. However, because of these early stages of rxOC there was no screen session implemented for ZCL, only claymore I guess. therefore, a second mining instance starts parallel in wtm screen. I guess I need to add this in oneBash.

e3: hmm yeah, now I get double screen -r miner Cheesy What to do? - answer: 'bash wtm_auto_switch' @ screen 'main' <- This does also open two miner screens/processes when starting out with ETH it just does one, but there is also a  message saying "now mining in screen -r miner" not sure if this message holds further bash lines from executing. I added screen -dmS miner to ZCL oneBash like this:

Code:
if [ $OPTIMINERorCLAYMORE == "CLAYMORE" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/zec/c12_5/zecminer64'

ZECADDR="$ZEC_ADDRESS.$ZEC_WORKER"
screen -dmS miner $HCD -zpool $ZEC_POOL -zwal $ZECADDR -zpsw x -dbg -1 -i $ZEC_INTENSITY $ZEC_EXTENTION_ARGUMENTS
drprofmrgentom

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:43:41 AM

perhaps i am just an idiot and even the simplified version isnt simplified enough for my newbieness but i have having issues. i am trying to solo mine ETH with this and am having incredible difficulties getting the prompt for mining to display (the one that shows speeds and how many shares you have successfully mined). I modified the onebash file such that it is set for ETH mining and i inputed my wallet address, still nothing. so i modified the pool so that it goes through nanopool, still says no pools. inputed like this "eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999" I am really new to linux and really have no idea whats going on. honestly, i dont know which way is up. please help.

my rig is an MSI z97 gaming 5 motherboard with a core I5 4440 8gb of ddr3 and 6 rx 580's.

I had it working on windows until this recent update and now everything is slow and fucked up. as far as i can tell, the flash was sucessful and everything is here.
fk1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:40:31 AM

if you plugged in a screen to your rig and start the rig, when you are at the desktop, try to open a new terminal and type in: "screen -r miner"
mineroc

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:12:39 AM

Bumping this thread.

Link to drive is dead, no link to download OS.  Ended up getting it off some other mining site but doesn't seem to work.  I boot to Ubuntu just fine, bash starts up, goes to "miner in screen -r" but when I type that in, no miner is seen.

cards recognized, basically seems to get stuck after fan speed is defined.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:50:55 PM

Bumping this thread.

Link to drive is dead, no link to download OS.  Ended up getting it off some other mining site but doesn't seem to work.  I boot to Ubuntu just fine, bash starts up, goes to "miner in screen -r" but when I type that in, no miner is seen.

I posted a basic oneBash that can be used to replace the one from the stopgap img on GitHub: https://github.com/hartmanm/rxOC/blob/master/oneBash

It should work and can be changed to support any client or pool.

I no longer have any AMD GPUs and will not update rxOC anymore; it is End of Life.
mineroc

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:21:09 AM

Bumping this thread.

Link to drive is dead, no link to download OS.  Ended up getting it off some other mining site but doesn't seem to work.  I boot to Ubuntu just fine, bash starts up, goes to "miner in screen -r" but when I type that in, no miner is seen.

I posted a basic oneBash that can be used to replace the one from the stopgap img on GitHub: https://github.com/hartmanm/rxOC/blob/master/oneBash

It should work and can be changed to support any client or pool.

I no longer have any AMD GPUs and will not update rxOC anymore; it is End of Life.

I managed to get it running yesterday by editing the bash file and running claymore 11.9.  I was unable to manually overclock the cards so hash was lower than on hive...And today it just refused to boot up after updating drivers to blockchain ones.  Re-imaging drive now.

Why ditch AMD?  Seems like decent bang for buck ATM...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: