Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:53:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] rxOC easy-to-use Linux AMD Mining v_stopgap  (Read 31338 times)
fk1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:10:13 PM

so for 2: it seems that 'sudo shutdown -r -f now' works
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:12:18 PM

so for 2: it seems that 'sudo shutdown -r -f now' works
Code:
$ sudo systemctl reboot --force

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemctl.html#-f
dannymonster

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:26:07 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 06:29:29 PM by dannymonster

Update:  When using my Vega FE (my intended GPUs to use) I receive an error that the dipay is running in low quality and I am not able to get past that point.  I switched out to an RX580 and was able to boot into the system without any issues.  The AMD Blockchain Beta drivers support Vega FE.  Please advise how to get my FE's working correctly.

Thanks,

Hello,

I am using a Gigabyte z170x - Gaming 5 and it does not recognize the USB.  I switched to an ASUS Prime z270-A and the USB is recognized and boots to a login screen, but when I enter the password miner1 the login screen simply reloads.  Can you advise on what steps may be needed for my Gigabyte motherboard and/or how to get past the password screen on the ASUS?
fk1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:57:54 PM

Update:  When using my Vega FE (my intended GPUs to use) I receive an error that the dipay is running in low quality and I am not able to get past that point.  I switched out to an RX580 and was able to boot into the system without any issues.  The AMD Blockchain Beta drivers support Vega FE.  Please advise how to get my FE's working correctly.

Thanks,

Hello,

I am using a Gigabyte z170x - Gaming 5 and it does not recognize the USB.  I switched to an ASUS Prime z270-A and the USB is recognized and boots to a login screen, but when I enter the password miner1 the login screen simply reloads.  Can you advise on what steps may be needed for my Gigabyte motherboard and/or how to get past the password screen on the ASUS?
I didn't manage to get the low graphics message fixed but you can ssh into the rig and control everything fine.
rgr_rgr

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:45:35 PM

If your autostart is still not working try to put "/bin/su -l m1 -c /home/m1/2unix' into /etc/rc.local
rgr_rgr

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:36:10 PM

3. will it be very hard to implement telegram, auto temp, wtm profit switcher from nvoc? I am looking forward very hard to build an image and if working, I am willing to distribute.

I am already able to send Telegram messages. Sendig is easy. But I see a lot of nvdia specific stuff in the telegram script used bei nvOC.
Parts could be done as well, but needs to get rewritten. What is the most important informations? How often to send?
etherdave

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:06:32 PM

Hi guys, my best compliment to the creator of this very nice rxOS...but, no more developing on this? Really? It is working very well for me, but the beta driver feels like a bit old...any news? Thanks in advance for your time
fk1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:10:34 AM

@etherdave: you can update to latest amdgpupro drivers for yourself: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Install.aspx
@rgr_rgr: thanks for your help, I am sorry my reply took so long but I'm very busy atm. I think utilization and temp of gpus would be minimum to be aware of. I had a look by myself and stumbled on the same thinking as you so if you can deliver some telegram code thats fine, if I get some time I will also Smiley
etherdave

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:39:37 PM

@etherdave: you can update to latest amdgpupro drivers for yourself: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Install.aspx
@rgr_rgr: thanks for your help, I am sorry my reply took so long but I'm very busy atm. I think utilization and temp of gpus would be minimum to be aware of. I had a look by myself and stumbled on the same thinking as you so if you can deliver some telegram code thats fine, if I get some time I will also Smiley

Thanks for your reply! I did attempt to update the driver with no success. This is what I did:
1) uninstall AMDGPU-PRO -> reboot
2) Install new AMDGPU-PRO ->reboot
3) I was at the Ubuntu login loop...but ok, I was running it in QEMU...so I put the USB key in the rig...but was still trapped in the login loop...:-(

...any ideas? Will it go better using new 17.50 driver?
fk1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:08:57 PM

sorry, not sure what do you mean by login loop?
etherdave

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:56:32 AM

...when the driver is wrong for the present GPU (like when you are in an emulator) you are stuck at the ubuntu login. Even if you enter the correct user and pwd, the system cannot login...

BTW, I tried again to install the 17.50 driver...it does not install, many dependencies not satisfied...missing libs...have to update, upgrade the system before attempting to install the new driver...?
fk1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:05:54 PM

I guess so,  I did with my rx580s and I dont have that loop. What cards are you using?
etherdave

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:41:15 PM

I guess so,  I did with my rx580s and I dont have that loop. What cards are you using?

I use a Sapphire Rx580 Pulse 8GB, now running with rxOS in one rig...I am doing experiments on another USB disk on my main PC, using QEMU...now tried to upgrade but cannot, missing libs and dependencies...which is the correct procedure for upgrading the driver? Step by step?
like:
1) uninstall amdgpu-pro ->reboot
2) enable sources in software update
3) upgrade the system ->reboot
4) install amdgpu-pro 17.50

Huh

wojislav

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:23:15 AM

Good afternoon, I set the miner to crontab to reset every day at the same time, the rig goes to retire, but freezes, and then I need to manually run the rig,Can anyone give me advice on this problem?
fk1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:25:32 PM

I guess so,  I did with my rx580s and I dont have that loop. What cards are you using?

I use a Sapphire Rx580 Pulse 8GB, now running with rxOS in one rig...I am doing experiments on another USB disk on my main PC, using QEMU...now tried to upgrade but cannot, missing libs and dependencies...which is the correct procedure for upgrading the driver? Step by step?
like:
1) uninstall amdgpu-pro ->reboot
2) enable sources in software update
3) upgrade the system ->reboot
4) install amdgpu-pro 17.50

Huh

not sure but i think i did the following:

sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get update
install amdgpu-pro like described on their website

i use the nitro+
fk1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:27:34 PM

Good afternoon, I set the miner to crontab to reset every day at the same time, the rig goes to retire, but freezes, and then I need to manually run the rig,Can anyone give me advice on this problem?

what do you mean with rig goes to retire? shuts down?
wojislav

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:04:46 PM

when I try to shutdown or reboot every time I freeze, I tried another SSD but I did not succeed
etherdave

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:06:52 PM

Hi guys, we have new AMD drivers, new Claymore version, new Ubuntu 18.04 coming...any hope of somebody to make a new versione of rxOS?
iisbetoq

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:30:16 PM

can i use this to mine cryptonight for GPU, because i don't see
Code:
# ZEC  NICE  HUSH  ZEN  ZCL  MUSIC  ETC  EXP  ETH  DCR  PASC
# DUAL_ETC_DCR    DUAL_ETC_PASC    DUAL_ETC_LBC    DUAL_ETC_SC
# DUAL_EXP_DCR    DUAL_EXP_PASC    DUAL_EXP_LBC    DUAL_EXP_SC
# DUAL_ETH_DCR    DUAL_ETH_PASC    DUAL_ETH_LBC    DUAL_ETH_SC
# DUAL_MUSIC_DCR  DUAL_MUSIC_PASC  DUAL_MUSIC_LBC  DUAL_MUSIC_SC
only for CPU i think
Code:
# Mine XMR with CPU
plusCPU="NO"                # YES NO

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:57:11 PM

Hi guys, we have new AMD drivers, new Claymore version, new Ubuntu 18.04 coming...any hope of somebody to make a new versione of rxOS?

It's not rxOC (I haven't figured out how to get it working on a USB flash drive yet) but I've got a working XUbuntu 16.04 setup running with AMDGPU drivers.
It does some undervolt and substantial underclock with Polaris cards, but the R9 290 cards I've tried on it have no clock control at all (limitation of the bloody AMDGPU driver stack) and I'm not sure of the BIOS mods on those cards (TheStilt) is letting them undervolt.
I've not tested it on Vega as my only Vega card is in my gaming machine.

It does NOT allow use of an AMD iGPU as video output (MORE AMDGPU limitations, over 2 YEARS since AMD has supported any APU at all under LINUX) but the ROCm stack for OpenCL support DOES work on the iGPU of an A10 (for what that's worth).
It DOES allow fan control on everything I've thrown at it.
It's also not a fancy "one place setup" sort of thing, more of a "minimal install standard XUbuntu" type setup.

The main issue is that the AMDGPU driver stack is still a very poorly done and VERY incomplete "work in progress", to the point I actually recommend using Windows 7 instead of LINUX on Polaris cards BECAUSE of the junk drivers for LINUX.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: