Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
nohad

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:42:28 PM

Why not you can give bitcoin as a wedding gift , in the future bitcoin will be a kind of very valuable item.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faroredono

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:52:38 PM

brilliant, never thought about that as a gift!
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:03:22 PM

Why not you can give bitcoin as a wedding gift , in the future bitcoin will be a kind of very valuable item.

I would not give bitcoin as a wedding gift. Because I'm not so rich and a little greedy. But in general it is a wonderful gift and no one would have refused it. This gift will cost more and more day by day.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:09:42 PM

No and never. I won't spend my bitcoins for this silly reasons. I will buy a gift using my fiat money and gift the newly married couple but will never gift bitcoin under any circumstances. Because I will be gifting a fortune to them.

Bitcoin has a huge potential and the price can go upto any level in future and I have been saving bitcoin with the same hope. Probably I will be able to make my dreams come true with the help of bitcoin. MY dream is more important that the newly married couple for me.

faroredono

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:10:37 PM

I mean if you need to buy someone a gift, why buy some garbage from Amazon or Walmart when you can buy them a fraction of a bitcoin for the same price and support the btc community?
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:20:37 PM

I would definitely give bitcoin as a wedding gift because it is good as cash and a very practical gift, especially for anyone starting with their new lives together, bitcoin will be put into good use as they may either save it for the future, the rainy days, or use it to buy things they need.
Same for me.I would be very willing to give a single bitcoin as a wedding gift once i have earned lot of bitcoins for myself.It will be a big help for sure for the new starters.It can give them an assurance to open a small business to raise their new family.And if ever they want also to learn how to gain bitcoin,then i'm also very willing to teach them.That would be the best gift i can ever give i guess.
faroredono

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:32:13 PM

No. it will be too expensive present

Uh, can't you give them a fraction of a coin?  0.001 coin or something?  I really don't understand this mentality.  It's not like buying something from a store is free, either.
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Forza Italia

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:51:03 PM

No. it will be too expensive present

Uh, can't you give them a fraction of a coin?  0.001 coin or something?  I really don't understand this mentality.  It's not like buying something from a store is free, either.
Offcourse it is different, but giving 100 or 200 bucks in bitcoin is a nice idea. You will be the only one given them this valuable gift, of this I am certain.

However you should give them a ledger nano too. Just so they are safe.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:55:50 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 03:48:41 AM by bncbnc

I would not give bitcoin as a wedding gift. Because I'm not so rich and a little greedy. But in general it is a wonderful gift and no one would have refused it. This gift will cost more and more day by day.
to me i am already married otherwise nothing was wrong there. in fact i have already given go may gifts to my wife that i already bought from the profit of bitcoin.  in fact my wife know about bitcoin very much and even she is also involve in trading altcoin and getting good profit from there, we some time discuss different issues related to bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:50:11 AM

wow, hahaah its a nice idea to make bitcoin as a gift on wedding hahahaha its a genius i hope my friend give bitcoin in her wedding party  Grin Grin

deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:48:33 AM

that's great bitcoin for wedding gift.
i think not only for wedding. but for another celebration gift bitcoin will be a great gift too.
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:02:38 AM

Well, I don't know if i could give up bitcoin  Roll Eyes.
But i would sure as hell love to get a bitcoin as a wedding gift and i would just keep it never trading it for real money, treat it like red wine and see how much he gets better with time Grin.
I find usual wedding gifts as cliché and kind of boring so maybe if i wasnt very attached to my bitcoins i would one day give some  Tongue.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 02:31:29 AM

Yes as long as one of them know already about cryptocurrency because probably they might be delighted to see that their gift maybe one of the factors that can make them retire early. It is not wise to give bitcoin a gift to people who are not tech savvy or those who have no idea that bitcoin exist because they might just disregard it or will not access it but maybe if you explain to them properly what it is then it might make them be interested especially if they know how much its worth.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:43:15 AM

Yes, why not if? It will serve as a new investment for the newly wed. Provided that they are familiar with bitcoin. If not, it is possible but need to introduce to both of them what is it all about.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:57:20 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

This is one cool idea. For sure, the newlywed will have a good time spending the bitcoin - better yet, invest it for their future plans (such as trip around the world). The bitcoin gift makes them realize the importance of cryptocurrency and how beneficial it is to improve the quality of their lives.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
faroredono

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:05:58 AM

Another nice thing about giving btc versus giving a toaster or set of plates is that you are guiding the new couple to a thing that can actually help them in their financial future.

By giving them btc, they will need to learn about btc to spend/save it, and you know what they say about teaching someone to fish.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:50:42 AM

Another nice thing about giving btc versus giving a toaster or set of plates is that you are guiding the new couple to a thing that can actually help them in their financial future.

By giving them btc, they will need to learn about btc to spend/save it, and you know what they say about teaching someone to fish.
Well for me, I will just huy another set of plates or glasses or bed sheets because my bitcoin is very precious to me. I would just find time to reach them how to earn bitcoin rather than just giving it to them so that they will have their own bitcoin too and teach their soon to be kids.
Labay

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:06:16 AM

Maybe on future you use bitcoin as gift to wedding or give bitcoin to some person that use bitcoin either groom or bride.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:11:19 AM

That's an interesting question!!! Maybe my notions are somewhat outdated, but a wedding gift has to be more personal and well...tangible. If I consider it, the couple should have at least some idea about the value of Bitcoin. But then again, it's really impersonal. But that's just my opinion
Andromaque

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:12:11 AM

Personally I would not for the simple reason that I would not like it if someone offered it to me. Better offer some true gift rather than money, whatever it is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: