Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:21:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY  (Read 311032 times)
ferrari4luv

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:04:27 AM

Thanks for this...this can go a long way in helping to prevent someone from losing his hard earned cash
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

Thank for good information . im a newbie and i will read all comment.
duniamalam

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:49:14 PM

bagus dan bermanfaat
luvkings

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:50:23 PM

What I find funny is that so many people complain about my trolling yet I'm likely one of the most honest people on this forum...sometimes brutally honest.

But never scammed anyone nor ever intend to.

It is always the self proclaimed saviors that offer x% on your money if you send it to them blah blah blah.

Scammers in my book are the equivalent of PUSSIES who are too afraid to go hack it (no pun intended) on their own. Damn mamma's boys.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I like the honesty
zhukovt34

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:56:06 PM

Great info, this thread and others like this, give valuable data for all crypto members!

y2ajnomi1

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:45:16 PM

Thank u for giving this great information
Thorium Exchange

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:15:06 AM

I think if you don't have money to spare you should definitely look into all the airdrops going on right now.
There are a few websites that offer lists of them too.
We also are offering one: https://thorium.exchange/
 Grin
GettingStartedwithCrypto

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:47:35 AM

Thanks for the advice.
Feralaz

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:34:48 PM

thanks for information
majacash

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:50:16 AM

1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

I agree with what you said there is no one that exceed scamming most people in crypto world want to out smart the other person because once someone is good at reading insights to data he or she will know when to pump out coins and mostly newbies are always a victim. Legendary member that does this doesnt it mean he have scam the newbie because his yet to master this crypto trading
tony314159265359

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:25:03 AM

Helpful post for me.
cryptokirby88

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:15:32 PM

Reading this forum can give us ideahowto do trading and even buying. This will us to understand more about bitcoin, I recommend this forum for a newbie like me. This is great!
majacash

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:37:48 AM

Thanks for the information, highly needed at this crucial which so much projects are sprinkling out every minutes
kjcmybrotha

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:58:05 AM

1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

I agree with what you said there is no one that exceed scamming most people in crypto world want to out smart the other person because once someone is good at reading insights to data he or she will know when to pump out coins and mostly newbies are always a victim. Legendary member that does this doesnt it mean he have scam the newbie because his yet to master this crypto trading

completely agree.
bekhuong45

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:34:34 AM

excellent information and advice... amazing list well done for ur hard work... hope u were not scammed!! kkkk
CryptGo

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:50:13 PM

Is there no other way to safely trade over the counter?  what does it mean to use escrow?

thanks.  im trying to figure out the best way to do this.
newpower

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:49:10 AM

Thank you for very useful and educational comments.
I was lucky to read this comment which might be good to put in "Beginners and Help".
yuraayura

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:12:13 AM

and how about yobit exchange ? my ucash withdrawl always proccesing in 3days , not confirmed . i ask support unread , not answer . Please give me solution .
ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:00:34 PM

At the same time, one should not forget that there is no absolute reliability and will not be either when working with crypto assets or with traditional financial operators. To be afraid of threats costs, but much more effective will be competent work with them...
BitPoo

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:57:20 AM

I'm a newbie, please don't buy my coin, its a waste of money
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: