Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin  (Read 15358 times)
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:47:33 PM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin for me is meant to be an investment because the returns of it just for saving is really huge when you compare it to other businesses. If you wanted to spend bitcoin then better spend it in large amount transaction because when you spend it that way, you will not worry so much about the fees.
Bitcoin is a fantastic investment but do not forget that bitcoin more than anything is a currency and as time passes and more people begin to adopt bitcoin, then bitcoin will be able to fulfill its primary function, also segwit activation will help with that since transactions are going to be faster and cheaper.
Bitcoin transaction already got too faster so we can say that we shouldn’t say that bitcoin transaction is a still slow. Because it is now very fast. About bitcoin introduction to people then it has already take an action and boosted in the economy so yes it will become sooner primary function by that everyone will be connected to bitcoin and will use bitcoin instead other currencies.
Bitcoin has been used for doing transactions and it is faster and most convenient. All company and other businesses that recognizes bitcoin used it because it is also secure like banks to invest their money. Instead of using other currency and need to convert first, some accepts it and it is more benefits when use the bitcoin because its price increases is time comes in the future. Everyone become aware of bitcoin and earning it and even reduces unemployment and that news have impact on the economy. I keep investing because it will be in high price.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:03:18 PM

hey, i think you can do something with your money, you can buy some bitcoin and trade some cryptocurrencies with that money, the basic of the trading you can search on google article or this forum, with your money you can get some profit with it

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:27:21 PM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin for me is meant to be an investment because the returns of it just for saving is really huge when you compare it to other businesses. If you wanted to spend bitcoin then better spend it in large amount transaction because when you spend it that way, you will not worry so much about the fees.
Bitcoin is a fantastic investment but do not forget that bitcoin more than anything is a currency and as time passes and more people begin to adopt bitcoin, then bitcoin will be able to fulfill its primary function, also segwit activation will help with that since transactions are going to be faster and cheaper.
Bitcoin transaction already got too faster so we can say that we shouldn’t say that bitcoin transaction is a still slow. Because it is now very fast. About bitcoin introduction to people then it has already take an action and boosted in the economy so yes it will become sooner primary function by that everyone will be connected to bitcoin and will use bitcoin instead other currencies.
Bitcoin has been used for doing transactions and it is faster and most convenient. All company and other businesses that recognizes bitcoin used it because it is also secure like banks to invest their money. Instead of using other currency and need to convert first, some accepts it and it is more benefits when use the bitcoin because its price increases is time comes in the future. Everyone become aware of bitcoin and earning it and even reduces unemployment and that news have impact on the economy. I keep investing because it will be in high price.

many company in my country doesn't want use bank because they dont want pay tax. They still use cash now. But if they known bitcoin. That's really good for  these company

douglock

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:51:19 PM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

many company in my country doesn't want use bank because they dont want pay tax. They still use cash now. But if they known bitcoin. That's really good for  these company
Even when they use cash, they still have to pay tax. You do not know anything about real life dude. Companies are controlled by government and if they do not pay tax to the government, they will soon go to jail. Everything in the company which related to money is controlled by the government. You need to get their approval to open your own company and you also need to pay for the anual tax
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:59:18 AM

yes that is a ridiculously high fee

I agree ..what is the point with such high fees.
I don’t mind  the fee that us being charged for every transaction, although I know it used to be free back in those good days,  but now it’s  not. The only concern I have is that newbies are not getting the opportunity to experience free transaction as we did back in the good old days.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:01:51 PM

The reason that keeps me from investing bitcoins because its volatility is unpredictable in a manner of very short time, the figure are fluctuating, might be up or down.. This is like gambling effect sometimes you loss and sometimes you win.. But i'm confident enough to say that bitcoins could possibly increase in the upcoming years due to its high demand..
Investing in bitcoin is not like gambling, in the short term the value of bitcoin can vary wildly but the longer you hold the better is going to be for you and the less affected you are going to be by the volatility, so learn how to hold long term and eventually bitcoin volatility will be a non factor to you
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:51:37 AM

The reason that keeps me from investing bitcoins because its volatility is unpredictable in a manner of very short time, the figure are fluctuating, might be up or down.. This is like gambling effect sometimes you loss and sometimes you win.. But i'm confident enough to say that bitcoins could possibly increase in the upcoming years due to its high demand..
Investing in bitcoin is not like gambling, in the short term the value of bitcoin can vary wildly but the longer you hold the better is going to be for you and the less affected you are going to be by the volatility, so learn how to hold long term and eventually bitcoin volatility will be a non factor to you
Investing in bitcoin and getting into bitcoin will be like gambling if you will play on its price and just buy and sell without any strong basis because that is like random buy and sell and you can end up in a wrong place in the market where you will just lose your money. If you are into investing then do not play your bitcoins and just hold it for long term so you can have a good and almost safe haven.
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:45:25 PM

Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided

The value of Bitcoin grows bigger as days goes by. I know that as I continually to invest here, my earning will increase more and more. As Bitcoin' currency increase, our earning will aslo increase. Though it may experience crashing it will not affect its value as soon as it recovers.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:11:50 AM

Investing in bitcoin and getting into bitcoin will be like gambling if you will play on its price and just buy and sell without any strong basis because that is like random buy and sell and you can end up in a wrong place in the market where you will just lose your money. If you are into investing then do not play your bitcoins and just hold it for long term so you can have a good and almost safe haven.
In a way you are right but who is going to do that, a newbie that does not know any better but for the rest of the people they will learn very soon that doing that is only going to make them lose money and since investing in bitcoin is done to make money I do not think this is a mistake that is going to happen many times in the life of an investor.
FrozenByte

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:20:12 AM

As of right now investing in Bitcoin is a better decision. As it grows in popularity its value will also increase.

▄ █ █ HOQU █ █ ▄   MARKETING OF THE FUTURE! (http://www.hoqu.io)
Decentralized affiliate platform (http://www.hoqu.io)  ▌▌▌ICO : 27 NOV ▌▌▌  (http://www.hoqu.io)
◆ Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/HOQUio)   ◆ Twitter (https://twitter.com/HOQU_IO)   ◆ ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2254411)   ◆ White Paper (https://goo.gl/fPFBKT)   ◆ Telegram (https://t.me/hoquio)   ◆ Medium (https://blog.hoqu.io/)
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:30:08 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

Even when they use cash, they still have to pay tax. You do not know anything about real life dude. Companies are controlled by government and if they do not pay tax to the government, they will soon go to jail. Everything in the company which related to money is controlled by the government. You need to get their approval to open your own company and you also need to pay for the anual tax
Money always involved tax any where so even cash it has tax buy what you need it has so how can you say that cash basis dont have cash. I think he has no idea about tax if that company would base on bitcoin I think thats to much tax they will deduct just speculation dude.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Raven91

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:35:05 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley
The reason that keeps me on investing in bitcoin is that I can gain so much money in bitcoin and bitcoin was already tested to be legit that is why I am so much encouraged to use bitcoin and it really help me in my financial needs.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:41:41 AM

Bitcoin value appreciate through the time and chances that your investment will surely grow is very much likely to happen in bitcoin, I guess this is the reason why many people put their trust and money in bitcoin investment they all want to earn good profit and help them to become financially independent. I also want to experience that that is why I started investing in bitcoin
Chairul Muttaqin

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:43:52 AM

In a way you are right but who is going to do that, a newbie that does not know any better but for the rest of the people they will learn very soon that doing that is only going to make them lose money and since investing in bitcoin is done to make money I do not think this is a mistake that is going to happen many times in the life of an investor.
experienced is needed in bitcoin investment especially on trading basis do activities like buy and sell. invest your money in bitcoin will be a challenge to you how you do will grow your bitcoin. when face obstacles and got a matter each people have their length time to learn from mistakes. some people adapted very soon after learn from past mistakes.

▄█████████████████████████▄
       ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
     ▄████▀                       ▀███
    ████▀                           ████
   ████                              ████
  ████                                ████
 ████       ███████████████████        ████
████         ███████████████████        ███
████                       ▀████        ███
████                        ████        ███
████▄                      ▄████        ███
 ████       ████████████████████       ███
  ████      ███████████████████       ███
   ████     █████                    ███
    ████▄   █████                  ███
     ▀████▄ █████       ▄██▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀
       ▀█████████     ██     ▄▄▄
          ▀██████    ▀▀▀██████

▄█████████████          ███████              ▄█████████████          █████████████
 ████████████████        ████ ████            ████████████████       ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
              ████      ████   ████                        ████    ████            ████
               ████    ████     ████                        ████   ████            ████
              ████    ████       ████                      ████    ████            ████
█████████████████    ████         ████       █████████████████     ████       ▄▄   ████
████████████████    ████           ████      ████████████████      ████       ███▄  ███
████               ████   ██████████████     ████         ████      ████▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄ 
████              ████   ████████████████    ████          ████       ████████████████▄▄
//A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ●  MEDIUM | REDDIT | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | ANNOUNCEMENT  

- W P -

██████████████████▄
     ██           ██  ██▄ 
     ██           ██    ██▄
     ██           ██     ██▄
     ██           ██████████
     ██                   ██          
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ███████████████████████
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:48:16 AM

I think only people who do not understand bitcoin who do not want to invest in bitcoin ,,,, my advice for people who do not want to invest in bitcoin, "recognize, understand and invest"
but it should be remembered and understood also that bitcoin has a risk of loss ,,

Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:54:43 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

After the Hard fork recently, I think somehow the transactions fees have been lowered. When you don't want transaction fees, you should try to buy to another person. P-2-P transaction, for no charge. Because when you buy to an entity, definitely it will have charges. Anyway, having Bitcoin rapidly increases its value, you won't feel the high charges because to average your gain over expense, you are still in profit.

richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:00:47 AM

yes that is a ridiculously high fee

I agree ..what is the point with such high fees.
I don’t mind  the fee that us being charged for every transaction, although I know it used to be free back in those good days,  but now it’s  not. The only concern I have is that newbies are not getting the opportunity to experience free transaction as we did back in the good old days.
In old days, bitcoins were not this much expensive as they are now and not many people were using it. It was like the limited supply was more than enough for the users at that time. Even bitcoins were available free of cost but with time bitcoins grew in price and its demand increased tremendously, so does the charges and it is very fair now.
cl37007

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:42:36 AM

As a newbie to crypto currency I am equally as apprehensive but currently see it as an investment similarly to many others rather than something to trade with on a daily basis in burger King. I do feel that as it becomes wider spread the issue of fees will have to be resolved or else it could be the downfall of bitcoin.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:28:20 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley
In my own opinion, the reason that keeps me on investing in bitcoin is that I can gain so much money in using bitcoin. As we all know, bitcoin was already tested to be legit in all other countries. That is why I am so encouraged and happy to use this bitcoin thing. This will really help people in their financial needs and other things that are needed.
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:19:35 PM

I did not invest in bitcoin because I only knew about it in a short time. I do not know about it yet.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: