Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin  (Read 15358 times)
sunneybitc

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:26:10 AM

I personally feels bitcoin price will increase well in future,it is popular and bitcoin cost increased and decreased,so we have hope for profits.transactions like sending and receiving bits to my friends also easy and low transaction fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:24:52 AM

Because it is a hope to earn profits in the future, this is a fact that has been proven for a long time even during the last 7 months can profit more than 100%.
Bored Logic

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:30:33 AM

bitcoin is like my mama. it keeps getting bigger and bigger
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:13:35 AM

I personally feels bitcoin price will increase well in future,it is popular and bitcoin cost increased and decreased,so we have hope for profits.transactions like sending and receiving bits to my friends also easy and low transaction fees.

Since bitcoin can be popular in the market  because there are many user of it, there is no fear to save and invest bitcoin for the future. The price of bitcoin is pumping up and down. Trading and investing is a way to have more profit just wait for the time that it is high. It is better to change it into fiat while it is rise if you want to buy something, like food, everyday.

aldrian09

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:18:31 AM

That was the main issue "HIGH FEES". But i think it will be solved sooner so its not to worry. Even if restaurants start accepting bitcoins, they will find some way to recieve and send bitcoins without any fees. Some wallet to wallet transactions doesn't require fees like localbitcoin to localbitcoin wallet. It send the transaction without any fees. I hope restaurants will find something like this for better use.

Well for me its not the high fees is the main issue here but the slow confirmation. High fee is fine with me as long as the confirmation of transaction is fast. Like Im not gonna wait too long if I ordered just a meal in fast food chain.
High fee is nothing when you can get convenient and hassle free in ever transaction especially when we are busy person.

Agree the issue here is how slow the confirmation to be done there are times that even if we pay high fees the transaction is still not completed because of the slow confirmation. This is what they need to fix and I hope they will.
Blessed7

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:23:11 AM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

Yes, Segwit's a step towards lowering transaction fees. As the bundles of unconfirmed transactions get smaller, transaction fees will also go down.
tulikak

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:25:51 AM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley

Keep bitcoin as an investment. Buy it, wait for it to rise, and then sell it.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:28:16 AM

You could just buy bitcoins the amount you said you do not need for two to three years since bitcoin is such a good investment.  Given already that transaction fee for bitcoin is high considering that its price is really high compared before.  But since today is August 1 and we do not know what will the price of bitcoin will be so better to just invest on bitcoin.  The amount of transaction fee is nothing compared to profit you will earn upon investing on bitcoin.
Bhinodm

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:29:37 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

IOTA is coming up with a system for micropayments and hopefully that will solve the problem of high fees and unconfirmed transactions. It is also based on a technology slightly different from conventional blockchain, and hence it does not have the shortcomings of traditional blockchain networks.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:30:15 AM

Do read this: https://pastebin.com/ZUxTmR99

PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:32:18 AM

You could just buy bitcoins the amount you said you do not need for two to three years since bitcoin is such a good investment.  Given already that transaction fee for bitcoin is high considering that its price is really high compared before.  But since today is August 1 and we do not know what will the price of bitcoin will be so better to just invest on bitcoin.  The amount of transaction fee is nothing compared to profit you will earn upon investing on bitcoin.
You are right that if someone will be aware with the profit of the bitcoin and the other benefits coming from the bitcoin then he will not care for the fees of bitcoin transaction which the miners deduct for confirmation. I also using bitcoin because I know that bitcoin fees is not that much high which is of other payment processors for online freelancers.
sandeepkharche

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:37:03 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

At the moment, bitcoin can't really be used for conducting day to day transactions. I agree that the transaction fee is very high, and then there's a chance of having a pending transaction or too long. Even I would advise you to look at your bitcoin as an investment for now
jerk10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:39:52 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

Segwit's supposed to solve this problem... let's wait and watch
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:55:21 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin for me is meant to be an investment because the returns of it just for saving is really huge when you compare it to other businesses. If you wanted to spend bitcoin then better spend it in large amount transaction because when you spend it that way, you will not worry so much about the fees.
Bitcoin is a fantastic investment but do not forget that bitcoin more than anything is a currency and as time passes and more people begin to adopt bitcoin, then bitcoin will be able to fulfill its primary function, also segwit activation will help with that since transactions are going to be faster and cheaper.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:21:53 AM

Altcoin is better to invest if you think about high costs because of OP, segit is already activated by litecoin then many layers of payment and lightning network will also follow it, see if you want to invest money in it.
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:10:42 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley
Bitcoin is a good investment and that money that you don't need for about 2 to 3 years is a good range of year of investment in bitcoin because the price of bitcoin might already x3 of the price now and you already x3 your investment. The fees of bitcoin is one of the downside of bitcoin for me but i understand why it is high because of the continuous transactions that getting the network too busy and it makes the network slow so the miners need more fees so they can transact faster and i think the segwit will become the solution for the problem in the fees because it will give more block size for bitcoin which is more space and the network will become bigger.
Indeed. Bitcoin is a good investment and because of that you could earn and make good profit. In addition to that, if you invest few year ago in bitcoin I think now you could become millionaire or billionaire. Investing in bitcoin is a good option if you really want to make a good profit.
dwieyani

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:26:37 AM

I do not want to invest bitcoin, because I will collect as much bitcoin as possible. If my bitcoin has accumulated, it will invest bitcoin.
 Grin
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:34:32 AM

Imagine if a fast food outlet embraced cryptocurrency and had their very own coin. I think one day this will be a reality where s chain restaurant will have it's very own coin. Imagine if that coin had it's own value. Owning them would be like an investment. An investment you can spend. I can't wait for such future innovation.

futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:24:53 PM

That was the main issue "HIGH FEES". But i think it will be solved sooner so its not to worry. Even if restaurants start accepting bitcoins, they will find some way to recieve and send bitcoins without any fees. Some wallet to wallet transactions doesn't require fees like localbitcoin to localbitcoin wallet. It send the transaction without any fees. I hope restaurants will find something like this for better use.
I agree with you because some of my friends also avoiding bitcoin due to high fee structure of bitcoin. I think this problem would be settled in future very soon because the management would not want to discourage people. It is right that if restaurants start accepting bitcoin then it would become very easy for bitcoin holders for their smooth and without any fee payment. I hope the issue will be solved soon.
tinhyeumaunang

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:42:16 PM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley
Investment to have good results, everything thing has its fee. Important is the way in which you use money on your investment how. There need not?

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: