Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated)  (Read 12064 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:16:41 PM

If Lauda wins this thing I won't go near it.  Angry

That Lauda tyrant probably voted with all 3 of his accounts...  Cheesy  Cheesy

He was staff before turning to a life of crime. Maybe Theymos has a record of his socks.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10218

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:30:34 PM

He was staff before turning to a life of crime. Maybe Theymos has a record of his socks.

hahahahaha..

Better to be feared than loved.

There are several good candidates in the running - and probably any one of them would be acceptable and relatively tolerant to preserve the thread's seemingly laissez faire culture and history..

It is one thing talking in theory about no moderation or that someone is a tyrant... but when push comes to shove, it is likely that some posts need to be deleted to facilitate participation - at least in the shill account arena .. and also possibly in the arena that seems to be a pattern of purposefully spreading disinformation and/or seeming to purposefully engage in a means that diverts from the topic with a kind of ongoing trolling that also may have a tendency to purposefully and knowingly spread FUD.. ..

tough to figure out the line, exactly.. and maybe sometimes moderators go too far - but hopefully we end up getting a moderator who is tolerant and errors on the side of allowing post unless they are really obvious in the troll/shill category.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:47:10 PM

He's deleted hundreds of my posts already, and I swear no less than half a dozen of those were pure gold.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:00:23 PM

hahahahaha..

There are several good candidates in the running - and probably any one of them would be acceptable and relatively tolerant to preserve the thread's seemingly laissez faire culture and history..

It is one thing talking in theory about no moderation or that someone is a tyrant... but when push comes to shove, it is likely that some posts need to be deleted to facilitate participation - at least in the shill account arena .. and also possibly in the arena that seems to be a pattern of purposefully spreading disinformation and/or seeming to purposefully engage in a means that diverts from the topic with a kind of ongoing trolling that also may have a tendency to purposefully and knowingly spread FUD.. ..

tough to figure out the line, exactly.. and maybe sometimes moderators go too far - but hopefully we end up getting a moderator who is tolerant and errors on the side of allowing post unless they are really obvious in the troll/shill category.

Yeah, some amount of moderation is unavoidable I think otherwise some bright spark is bound to flood it with countless pages of random characters.

As for Lauda, he is a controversial figure. He was booted from the mod team after being involved in extortion on the forum. This is not the background I personally want for somebody who's modding the Wall thread.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:03:51 PM

He's deleted hundreds of my posts already, and I swear no less than half a dozen of those were pure gold.

So she is an alt account of r0ach's ?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:04:01 PM

I don't know if Lauda is a he or a she...

Didn't some people say that he is a she? 

It does not matter too much about the s/he thingie ma jiggie... ..

s/he deleted some of my posts too, and I understand that over-moderation can be a bit uncomfortable - especially when some of the deletions seem to be unjustified.. relatively speaking.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:18:22 PM

hahahahaha..

Yeah, some amount of moderation is unavoidable I think otherwise some bright spark is bound to flood it with countless pages of random characters.

As for Lauda, he is a controversial figure. He was booted from the mod team after being involved in extortion on the forum. This is not the background I personally want for somebody who's modding the Wall thread.

If true, then I can understand your point, for sure. 

In some sense, we do not really want baggage in a mod, even though lots of folks have baggage.. but surely extortion related baggage should be something that Theymos may consider as problematic - in terms of assignment in the first place, no?  Especially if theymos knows more of the details of the situation... ,

Well, in the end, it appears that all of our votes will be known after the fact, too... and we can change our votes, too.. so surely I am not opposed to any last minute campaigning, either.. 

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:27:45 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 08:56:05 PM by bitebits

[...] The MSM just refuse to ever print anything positive about Bitcoin/crypto unless it's talk about a price rally. Even then, the articles are always full of negatives, and usually end with a negative.

I know, it is painful. More in general when you know a little about a certain subject, you notice the news articles to be often incomplete, one sided or just incorrect. Nothing much you can do but try to keep thinking independently and get your news from at least multiple sources.

The good part I guess is that it showes we are still in an early phase if you ask me. Once the MSM is screaming Bitcoin, blockchain, hypecoin is the next hip thing to get involved in, I would get nervous.

@Jimbo: Six new ATM's in Toronto. I read that the Instacoin ATMs are anonymous, and some are two-way. Any experience?
https://www.instacoinatm.com/bitcoin-toronto-en.html

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:30:21 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 08:40:55 PM by rjclarke2000

Hey JJG, we all know who deletes my posts don't we now!! I'll give you a clue, it's not OP of this WO Thread!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:04:16 PM

Hey JJG, we all know who deletes my posts don't we now!! I'll give you a clue, it's not OP of this WO Thread!

hahahaha

Fair enough.

Do you think that any mod of such a popular and troll laden thread, such as the historical and hysterical WO thread, could get away without deleting any posts at all?

I understand that several of us are known entities, so few of our posts should get deleted, unless they are a complete bat shit loss of boundaries.

I guess what I am saying is that if the thread is filled with 70% or more trolling shills, then aren't those troll posts going to distract from any kind of meaningful participation about the main topic of our interest, which is largely (but not totally) topics related to BTC/USD price dynamics?

r0ach
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:48:10 PM

Now people think PMs have their monetary value "because my dad and my great Grandpa thought so

Like I told the Syscoin dev:

Gold is a weaker form of money than crypto.

You need to stop flat out lying.  It's completely impossible for you to not know bitcoin has solved zero problems whatsoever concerning money.  It doesn't solve byzantine generals, it has no Nash equilibrium, it's full of counter party risk, it's designed to centralize, doesn't scale, not fungible, not a store of value, etc.  Hence it's zero competition to gold and silver in current state.  You don't get to make believe that all these problems, which most are unsolvable, will magically be fixed someday in the future and claim bitcoin is better than metals.  Bitcoin in current form is literally trash compared to gold and silver.  

It's a linked list with a get rich quick scheme built on top of it, nothing more, nothing less.  Everything about it is completely arbitrary in nature.  It does not isolate any type of problem and solve it in an objective manner.  It's a Rube Goldberg machine.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:53:22 PM

Now people think PMs have their monetary value "because my dad and my great Grandpa thought so

You do now enjoy tormenting poor shitcoin developers? I always though your hate was mainly against Bitcoin (and maybe jews too). Smiley

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:57:22 PM

You do now enjoy tormenting poor shitcoin developers? I always though your hate was mainly against Bitcoin (and maybe jews too). Smiley

To make things worse, he's even an Indian, the #1 gold country on the planet.  I think he was locked into some type of caste system as a child and lorded over by other indians with higher amounts of gold and now resents it, hoping he can become Slumdog Millionaire with bitcoin as revenge.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:19:26 PM

So get on the original voting thread and vote for him - or Lauda wins it.

It's a fix - go spoil it by voting - there is ONE vote in it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004227.20

我想要火箭和火车
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:37:39 PM

To make things worse, he's even an Indian, the #1 gold country on the planet.  I think he was locked into some type of caste system as a child and lorded over by other indians with higher amounts of gold and now resents it, hoping he can become Slumdog Millionaire with bitcoin as revenge.

Even if someone is into PMs, they should buy some Bitcoin and when it rises, use it to buy more PM. Why not?

I recently bought a little gold and silver, and I essentially got an 80% discount by using crypto to purchase it.  Had to wait 4 years but still... you get my point.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:41:47 PM

Bill Gates officially leaves the new world order to join the alt-reich.  Positive effect on cryptocurrency since every coin ever created is endorsed by Bill Gates?

https://www.dailystormer.com/arch-boomer-bill-gates-admits-that-infinite-blacks-wasnt-such-a-good-idea/

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:54:17 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

It seems our sideways coiling consolidation is continuing... currently $2587USD (Bitcoinaverage). Summer doldrums?
______

After a fairly good start, the phoenix thread appears to be losing traction (due to excessive moderating) while this thread seems to be growing.

I guess I'll be posting here until Theymos figures out what to do with the old Wall Observer.

I was under the impression that the reason the old WO thread was locked was that Adam wasn't able to self-moderate and it was becoming a pain for the global moderators. I thought that a totally unmoderated thread would be killed quickly but they seem to be leaving this one alone.

Maybe it's just because they're waiting to see what happens with the old one. Everyone voted yet? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004227.0)

Nice to see you around.

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
deepcolderwallet

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:56:11 PM

Maybe it's just because they're waiting to see what happens with the old one.
Agree.  Wink

Go home, your kingdom of terror sucks!

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
deepcolderwallet

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:02:04 PM

If Lauda wins the poll AND theymos grants him moderator status I think this infofront thread will thrive and the ole WO will became a nice memory from other times...

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:04:48 PM

Go home, your kingdom of terror sucks!

I had to prepare you for the new policies ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: