Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:53:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12076 times)
Official Armor Ceramics

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:48:33 AM

Volatility of Bitcoin can not be controlled. One of the main advantages of this currency is that it is not controlled by the government. If is will be controlled, it may loose its users and become less popular and valuable than today.
If it is controlled just bygone person, there will be a Bitcoin monopoly that won't attract peoples attention at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:28:23 AM

Bitcoin volatility can not be controlled and is not affected by the direction of change, bitcoin volatility only measures the quantity of change regardless of whether the price of bitcoin can rise or fall. From its fluctuating nature depending on the supply and demand of market prices, many traders take advantage of price movements always changing.
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:34:21 AM

If the Bitcoin volatality of it's prices can be controlled, then it must be considered as price manipulation then which will make it not ethical. But what you can better say is that Bitcoin cam be affected by different factors which those factors are the ones being controlled.

For example the demand which directly impacts Bitcoin, you can increase the demand by maybe advertising Bitcoin to the next level like t.v or radio. Which will then may lead to increase in demand then will affect the price positively assuming there are no factors that will affect it.
catapult

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:37:40 PM

I think the control of the btc's volatility is not possible for now, because there are too many speculations about the btc and the other coins. I think btc has a long way to go to reach a less fluctuate price situation.
plurred12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:59:11 PM

Bitcoins volatility is cannot be controlled we do not know when it will go high. For as long as mamy customers ordered and invest bitcoin the flactuation would remain higher. but if investors  dump the coins the price would decrease.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:30:44 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Bitcoin values because the nature of market and the protection offered by cryptography-people desire unlike fiat that always be bonded to a state legal system that finds its value in the force of law, not the nature of value.  The volatility of bitcoin is a properties of new currency with relatively liquidity,  when bitcoin is spread and adopted by most of people in the world, the volatility will less happen, but the increasing value can not be stoped because the limitation amount of bitcoin.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:41:05 PM

it cant be controlled but at some point where everyone wants to hold it rather than selling or spending, it will reach a point where changes in value will be immaterial. One thing i can think of controlling it if whales will construed and control btc price.
Frist of all you said right it can’t be controlled and secondly if it will be controlled then the investors will fled away because people invest in it just because of its volatility and if it will be fixed it will be like banks nowadays it is the most profit giving investment if it will be controlled it will be no more and nobody will invest so let it move like this.
Bitcoin is decentralized and nobody can control anything about it. It has many factors that influence the performance and market value. Volatility is due to basically the support it has at any moment. If the users increase, the value increases and if there is a panic selling out, it gets devalued. We can't ask anyone to not sell out so in order to get stable, people must trust it.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:56:12 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
If you are going to think of it. Bitcoin's volatility is one of the main reason why more and more people are getting attracted with bitcoin nowadays. The importance of volatility of bitcoin is very essential for its nature on being one of the most effective ways to earn money. Investors are really attracted to this knowing that they have a higher percentage on earning higher money due to the changing of bitcoin's value over time.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:05:54 PM

Bitcoins volatility is cannot be controlled we do not know when it will go high. For as long as mamy customers ordered and invest bitcoin the flactuation would remain higher. but if investors  dump the coins the price would decrease.
Agree. Bitcoin being volatile is part of its decentralization. No one can control bitcoin when will be the going to price increase or decrease. Its flactuates attracted the investors because investment can be more profitable as bitcoin price changes to increase for more years.

qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:11:15 PM

I believe not. Due to the influx of investors spending on bitcoin, its value changes due to the law of demand and supply. I would say that once bitcoin can be controlled by a single user or establishment (which is impossible due to its decentralized nature), then controlling its volatility may be possible. Well, if bitcoin's volatility can be controlled, then less users and investors would be willing to invest since that is the primary factor that they are taking advantage of in order to gain profit in a short amount of time, or tremendous profit by long-term investments.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:07:16 PM

Agree. Bitcoin being volatile is part of its decentralization. No one can control bitcoin when will be the going to price increase or decrease. Its flactuates attracted the investors because investment can be more profitable as bitcoin price changes to increase for more years.

I also think that the volatility of bitcoin is cannot be controlled. It is part of bitcoin already and if not for its volatility, bitcoin will still have a low price and value in the market. You are right that its volatility is what caught the interest of the investors and bitcoin will continue to rise if there will be more investors and users as well. Controlling the volatility of bitcoin will only result to a great conflict. After all, bitcoin has been made to be free from those who wants to control things.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 08:56:06 PM

I also think that the volatility of bitcoin is cannot be controlled. It is part of bitcoin already and if not for its volatility, bitcoin will still have a low price and value in the market. You are right that its volatility is what caught the interest of the investors and bitcoin will continue to rise if there will be more investors and users as well. Controlling the volatility of bitcoin will only result to a great conflict. After all, bitcoin has been made to be free from those who wants to control things.

volality will only be driven by speculation, this possibility can succeed 20%, if there are parties who take advantage of negative issues to gain profits then they will be very capable of making the market panic. In my opinion, what Jamie Dimon is doing is a real example, they do not have to break prices in active fluctuations in the trading market, they just need to raise the issue of controversy on the world media.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:07:02 PM

There's no way to control volatility and instead it is the one that's being liked by most of the companies. Let them fear about the volatility but for us we know that this is the main reason why the price of bitcoin is increasing and it makes everyone love to invest in bitcoin. As for the movements that we are seeing this mainly make it pump a whole better and is being affected by different good and bad news / speculations.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
malika

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:17:22 PM

It is hard to control the volatility of bitcoin because we do not know the minds of investors when they are going to dump or pump it. Different investors has different strategies in holding or selling their coins the volatility depends on the investors.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:24:48 PM

I think that you can control the volatility of bitcoin by launching a bad or good condition. Good news will increase the price, and the bad will be lowered on the contrary.
Sorry mate, but this cannot control volatility but will even make it more volatile. What do you think has been going on all this few years. I am not sure if you understand the control we are talking about here but the control scenario you just said is apparently not a way to control it.
Controlling is more like finding a way to make the volatility stop and not increase.

I agree Bitcoin volatility cannot be controlled, though there might be manipulation from time too time but it is just temporary.  Bitcoin Volatility is driven by supply and demand, sometimes demand is so great that it push the product up and sometimes other people wanted to sell their stash so a sudden flock in of supply to the market make the price goes down.
CryptosD

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:28:37 PM

I think huge found not can control it pretty easy... It's still far for the crypto market to start working without that because it's not that big now
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:36:16 PM

I think that you can control the volatility of bitcoin by launching a bad or good condition. Good news will increase the price, and the bad will be lowered on the contrary.
Sorry mate, but this cannot control volatility but will even make it more volatile. What do you think has been going on all this few years. I am not sure if you understand the control we are talking about here but the control scenario you just said is apparently not a way to control it.
Controlling is more like finding a way to make the volatility stop and not increase.

I agree Bitcoin volatility cannot be controlled, though there might be manipulation from time too time but it is just temporary.  Bitcoin Volatility is driven by supply and demand, sometimes demand is so great that it push the product up and sometimes other people wanted to sell their stash so a sudden flock in of supply to the market make the price goes down.
If we want to control it,we need to get the attention of many as well as to make news to convince people in every event, btc is too volatile to be controlled, China bans may affect the price but not enough to control it fully , it just too many were in panic, but see it recover fast.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:19:56 AM

If we want to control it,we need to get the attention of many as well as to make news to convince people in every event, btc is too volatile to be controlled, China bans may affect the price but not enough to control it fully , it just too many were in panic, but see it recover fast.
The volatility cannot be controlled even we will try to because the bitcoin is decentralized in the first place so it is impossible for bitcoin to be controlled and it will just waste time and energy for a person to control bitcoin. If they want to control the volatility then they need to make sure that they got all the supply so they can decide if how many coins they will spread.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 03:28:51 AM

The volatility cannot be controlled even we will try to because the bitcoin is decentralized in the first place so it is impossible for bitcoin to be controlled and it will just waste time and energy for a person to control bitcoin. If they want to control the volatility then they need to make sure that they got all the supply so they can decide if how many coins they will spread.
It cannot be controlled by anyone even the whales find a hardtime to control the volatility . However there are ways to make a big effect in the market that you can make it pump or dump the price like beparanf said about the China ,they have many bad news in the fast days without tye whole description.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:55:13 PM

If you are going to think of it. Bitcoin's volatility is one of the main reason why more and more people are getting attracted with bitcoin nowadays. The importance of volatility of bitcoin is very essential for its nature on being one of the most effective ways to earn money. Investors are really attracted to this knowing that they have a higher percentage on earning higher money due to the changing of bitcoin's value over time.
Volatility is the main source of attraction of investor toward the bitcoin, people know due to the volatility they can earn faster that’s why they are getting into bitcoin, as far as controlling volatility is concerned it is impossible the prices varies just because of user demands as user demand increase profit come so there is no need to control this advantage of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: