Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12074 times)
wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:20:45 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I think we cannot control the bitcoin's volatilty because the price depends on the demands. When there are more investors than sellers, the price will move up. And when there are more sellers than investors, the price will drop. Just in my own opinion.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pogiparin

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:24:38 AM

Making a bank would definitely solve this problem. If a central bank could regulate the supply and the interest rates, then the prices would stay relatively stable.

|█     |     DPH     |     D I G I P H A R M     |     █|
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
╚════════   WWW.DIGIPHARM.CH   ════════╝
Isaacck

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:04:37 PM

I think the main way that unpredictability can be overseen is if bitcoin is being utilized by more individuals where there is less control of the few to manage the cost. This won't occur sooner rather than later as bitcoin is as yet an extremely youthful money and still in its advancement organize. In any case, as years pass by and more individuals can utilize it, the cost will achieve a point where it will balance out and just minor developments are to be seen.
Kanda Yu

Activity: 315
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:05:17 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I don't think so, bitcoin's volatility will always be there no matter what happens and it will be uncontrollable since there's no one who handles it definitely. The only way we can contribute on improving its value is through staying faithful and keep on demanding it continuously. Always be careful on spreading knowledge when it comes to bitcoin and avoid making mistakes on spreading the news about it.
Btcmaeng18

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:20:43 PM

I don't think bitcoin volatility can be controlled because volatility are base at the supply and demand of bitcoin at the market. That's why bitcoin price value may go up when supply is at less and sometimes all of a sudden goes down because there's a huge wave of withdrawals in bitcoin at the market. Also we cannot control investors of bitcoin of when they start to buy and when they are going sell or trades it. That's why volatility for me cannot be controlled.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:27:06 PM

Making a bank would definitely solve this problem. If a central bank could regulate the supply and the interest rates, then the prices would stay relatively stable.

The making of the bank would ruin the whole meaning of the Bitcoin as the decentralized coin. The government hasn't created the Bitcoin and you must already know that the banks are controlled by the government.

Authorities would for sure be glad if they could control the flow of the Bitcoin, actually if they could control the whole supply and make limitation to their own advantage.

Bitcoin volatility is still going through the changes and a lot more time needs to pass for us to see the stagnation and maybe the stabilization of the fluctuations. Bitcoin controlled by the banks is a bad idea.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:37:56 PM

The forces behind the Bitcoin Volatility like Demand and Supply elasticity, Bigwhales and their monopolistic effects, outrageous grapevine capable of chasing out investors are all imaginary like mirage which can not be controlled. Few of them can just be manover,.
om_iyo

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:24:02 PM

Most people in this thread said that no one can control bitcoin's volatility. So, how can bitcoin be a main currency in the next time? It has high risk to hold much bitcoin. Or we can decided that it's a digital asset only till end of century?
Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:10:28 PM

Most people in this thread said that no one can control bitcoin's volatility. So, how can bitcoin be a main currency in the next time? It has high risk to hold much bitcoin. Or we can decided that it's a digital asset only till end of century?
Well bitcoin is an unstable currency and it is being use as currency even now, people are accepting bitcoin they are using it to buy all kind of good and it is very clear that bitcoin will be the next legal currency worldwide, nothing can make bitcoin down it use to grow and it will grow popularity of bitcoin is high even not just because it is high in price, bitcoin price use to grow high ad sometime it get down so it is very important to know the right time to be in bitcoin, rise and fall of bitcoin is quite natural so no need to be worry, about it, we will see bitcoin as legal currency just because it is very beneficial.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:46:01 AM

Well bitcoin is an unstable currency and it is being use as currency even now, people are accepting bitcoin they are using it to buy all kind of good and it is very clear that bitcoin will be the next legal currency worldwide, nothing can make bitcoin down it use to grow and it will grow popularity of bitcoin is high even not just because it is high in price, bitcoin price use to grow high ad sometime it get down so it is very important to know the right time to be in bitcoin, rise and fall of bitcoin is quite natural so no need to be worry, about it, we will see bitcoin as legal currency just because it is very beneficial.
Bitcoin is an unstable currency because of the demand and supply, actually bitcoin is a new currency. Demand for bitcoin is continuously increasing which is making bitcoin more volatile. In fact currently most of the people use bitcoin for trading purpose or holding it for long time for the price increase therefore we always see fluctuation in the price of bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:03:08 AM

The volatility of Bitcoin has been a topical issue in some time. the size of some of the prices of the financial assets varies over time, monitoring the volatility level will help a person understand the behavior of risky assets.

If Bitcoin volatility decreases, eating incoming and outgoing conversion costs of digital currency will decrease as well.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
carlbreezy

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:09:25 AM

Does having limited supply makes the price volatile? i think while demand go ups and downs and supply remains constant makes  the price so volatile.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:08:24 AM

If we calculate the current bitcoin marketcap is more than $ 180 billion, if we want to control the price of course it takes more than $ 90 billion and I'm sure no one would dare to take that risk so I'm sure that the price is natural and real.
bitcoinFPT

Activity: 145
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:39:30 AM

volatilition of bitcoin is can not controlled be controlled because you can not control the demand of people Who selling, buying  or production bitcoin. In another way bitcoin is decentralized as long as there is demand in the market so bitcoin volatility is still  exist
Tiernadi

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:40:28 AM

Well, it's hard to imagine how you can control volatility of Bitcoin. It's based on the number of  BTC buyers and sellers. You can't pressure someone to cancel the purchase of BTC  Grin
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:14:41 AM

I think you can, we all know that top exchanges like binance, bithumb, okex and so on are the ones that dominate bitcoin transactions, it certainly makes them suspect of price manipulation, but I'm sure that price manipulation is certainly for profit.
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:37:35 AM

I think you can, we all know that top exchanges like binance, bithumb, okex and so on are the ones that dominate bitcoin transactions, it certainly makes them suspect of price manipulation, but I'm sure that price manipulation is certainly for profit.
No, bitcoin volatility is hard to control because its changes is certainly affected by people's activity on how they will do about buying and selling. Basically the changes of supply and demand of every coins is the reason of coins price volatility.

labs0918

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

I think we can control the volatility of bitcoin if many people use it or most of us will use bitcoin. If it will happen maybe all shopping malls will allow bitcoin as payment if the price of bitcoin is stable.

Kaniel-ouots

Activity: 125
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:40:42 AM

Of corse it can as the price is so low for limited coin only 21  million coin that's too low fothe real price it must be 100-150 k per coin
Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:44:10 AM

We can expect that but volatility of btc is the main reason why people want to invest in btc because they think that their investments were able to increase and have profit even their money is in risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: