Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:04:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12076 times)
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:52:02 PM

It can easily be controlled if some big entity decides to buy a large amount of bitcoin to control the price, like a government or a bank
This is the only way to control bitcoin and it is possible that controlling bitcoin can happen since bitcoin now is very popular and government is threatened and if they think that they won't be able to control the people then they can just easily buy a lot of bitcoin and then control it.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:35:59 PM

If the prices of bitcoin are determined chiefly by the demand and supply of bitcoin on the market their and these demands and supply can be influenced by whales and those with large chunks of bitcoin and so i guess it's possible to control the volatility of bitcoin but i don't know how effective that will be because it is getting more and more decentralized ass the day goes by  with new adopters.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:33:32 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I think it can't be controlled. Bitcoin's volatility is in nature. Fluctuations are always expected so it supposed to be nit surprising. The vaolatility is cause d by the market demand since its marjet value is just deoendent with the demand from the market. So with that, as the price moves, expect that same thing happens on the demand from the market.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:48:58 AM

With a market cap that reaches over $ 100 billion, I think it would be hard for anyone to make a turbulent bitcoin price. all prices due to the pure demand and stock of the users.
Obviously, and the fact that it is even getting huge every day. Highest that can ever happen is seeing the market being manipulated one way or the other by whales, but as the market cap keeps increasing, this makes it more difficult for huge manipulation to be done. However, bitcoin remains decentralized and it is just impossible for anyone to come up one day and start controlling the volatility.

I think everyone is already aware that how CME is trying to control the prices... They are putting restrictions on people.. they cannot sell more than a specific amount and things like this well this is in a way a regulation only.. also since bitcoins future is launched it will give them more a authority over the value... Being generated in the Bitcoins economy.. Thus I think it can be regulated very easily by something big enough.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Cils05

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:36:20 AM

Bitcoin is controlled by all its users worldwide. Developers ... Volatility - The total value of the bitcoin in circulation and the number of businesses using Bitcoin is still very small compared to what it should be.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:22:20 AM

I don't think so if it will be controlled. Base on past months and years bitcoin volatility still not stabled and it keeps on increasing. And it will be controlled by anyone maybe bitcoin will be no longer. Maybe they will control the bitcoin price too. And many investors will be quiting here in bitcoin.
skillink

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:00:44 PM

Bitcoin will always fluctuate as long as there are still many people who do exchange for profit, so it is very difficult to control Bitcoin volatility.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:06:38 PM

I don't think so if it will be controlled. Base on past months and years bitcoin volatility still not stabled and it keeps on increasing. And it will be controlled by anyone maybe bitcoin will be no longer. Maybe they will control the bitcoin price too. And many investors will be quiting here in bitcoin.
Exactly it is not possible because bitcoin is giving a lot of benefits because of volatility. It is making reason why people are investing in bitcoin and they are trusting bitcoin if bitcoin will have same price and it will not be change then people will not trust bitcoin and they will quit bitcoin. It is good for us bitcoin has become volatile. It is not happening now on small scale but on very large and high scale so it is not going to be controlled.

Laurayaki

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:08:19 PM

The more the market cap grows, the less the volatility will be huge, when it will find its equilibrium price we will have a rather stable market that will take a few ¨% from time to time as the stock market
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:27:20 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

A simple way is to use bitcoin as a currency and not as an asset. People tend to pump and dump bitcoin especially traders and whales. If bitcoin is used as a currency, for payments in stores, in gas stations, in services and many more things in our everyday living that requires money, bitcoin would have a more compact price. But it is not bound to happen. You just can't control a decentralized coin unless the government takes control of those matters.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:31:01 PM

No! The reason why many investors are afraid to invest their money to the bitcoin because they have doubt that they can lose their money because of the volatility of thw bitcoin. They know that bitcoin is risky investment.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:37:54 PM

As far as i know the volatility of  bitcoin is cannot be controlled or managed,because i thinks its depend on the investor  capital,if so many  bitcoiners hold there bitcoins, much more the price of bitcoin will  grow because of its lack  btc volume in the market,so in order to realease this  huge volume, the exchange sites make the price value bigger  so that the investor can sell there bitcoins they hold and back to low when so many stocks value in exchange sites.i thinks that is the playing process of the trading site's why we cannot control the volatile issues the only things that can be controlled bitcoins when it will become regulated in the global community.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
HalfDeck

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:46:38 PM

No! The reason why many investors are afraid to invest their money to the bitcoin because they have doubt that they can lose their money because of the volatility of thw bitcoin. They know that bitcoin is risky investment.
The fact, it is really risky. If Bitcoin is not a risk place for investment, no one ignore the opportunity to make money without any risk. But truth is never the same as our will, therefore, instead of avoid the risk of Bitcoin to ignore the chance to make money, I think we should find the solution.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:07:22 PM

Well usually the bitcoin volatility is the results of whales on the marketplace so obviously the volatility can be control by those who has a lot of bitcoin, hundreds of them.
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:22:24 PM

It cannot be controlled, in my opinion. Bitcoin's volatility is in nature since the market value is just dependent with its market demand. And since demand from the market changes from time to time, I conclude that its volatility also won't be controlled. Its vooatility in the first place is an advantage for active investors because they are taking advantage of the backdrops as their best timing to invest in Bitcoin.
cryptonomics.global

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:24:16 PM

No, volatility of the bitcoin the same as of any currency can't be controlled as it is dictated by the market. And since bitcoin market is free and can't be controlled there is no way to influence it.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:24:07 PM

We cannot find just one currency that can maintain stability without inflation. Without some manipulation of the Bitcoin supply, market forces will always cause it to fluctuate wildly in value.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:37:57 PM

You know, volatility is controlled by big players, the "whales", and this is a real elite.
Btw, nobody can predict crowd movements, so... even for the whales there are some limits...

Cils05

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:20:42 AM

Bitcoin is controlled by all its users worldwide. Developers ... Volatility - The total value of the bitcoin in circulation and the number of businesses using Bitcoin is still very small compared to what it should be.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:02:21 AM

Once majority of people are already into bitcoin, surely its volatility will be controlled. Its actually showing sudden changes in value because of the whales which is trying to manipulate the dumping and pumping. But actually, what they are doing will only result into short time period effect. As love ng as there were people demanding for it, difinitely it will rise to the moon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: