Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12076 times)
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:00:54 AM

Bitcoin can't controlled with any sector, it's decentralized. We see that the price is going pump and dump. They says many people know the value of this bitcoin with volatility price.

It can be controlled by some regulator (smth like part of World Bank). These regulator can control the currency rates, that will make it more stable.

But I think that is a little overboard for those regulators since they will just be controlling the currency rates just to be sync with Bitcoin's volatility. Yes it is stable, but you did you think that it will be affecting other people who are using other currency that is more commonly used than bitcoin?

I think they will rather be choosing to control fiats and other main currencies than digital currencies like bitcoin because they know that digital currencies is not that easy to control unlike currencies. To control these digital currencies, you must hold a huge number of bitcoins in order to move the price in your desire, I think you can call those people whales.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
higherhat

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:04:24 PM

As far as I know, the unique feature of bitcoin is that it cannot be controlled nor manipulated in any way. So, I guess my answer would be no, it cannot.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:42:02 PM

Of course it can't be controlled, because of the volatility of bitcoin many of the traders get their in this concept of bitcoin even in the other altcoins that's there is happening when the the value is low its a sign to buy the coins then when the value gets increase its time sell the coin, just simple as that.

why not? bitcoin can infact be controlled. incase you didnt heard about whales? whale/s are a group of people or a single person which is verry powerful and rich enough. they buy bitcoins or altcoins in a huge amount or bulk in order for them to control and manipulate the specific market of that coin , so that they can earn a huge profit. also the demand and supply is another factor that affects the volatility of a coin.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:44:00 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Bitcoin, as all the other cryptocurrency it reacts, in his evolution, to the marketplace so the volatility of it it is given not by a person or a group of persons but by the market so the volatility can't be controlled.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:17:11 AM

I think minor investioors cannot control anything; at the same time really big players might control Bitcoin volatility.
ronandol198

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:54:27 AM

I think the bitcoin volatility will not be controlled, because bitcoin is not owned by anyone. If bitcoin is controlled then perhaps bitcoin has become another coin .

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:52:25 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Volatility, according to google dictionary, is defined as the liability to CHANGE RAPIDLY and UNPREDICTABLY, especially for the worse. So there's no way for us to control the VOLATILITY of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a DECENTRALIZED cryptocurrency, which means that no one can completely take control of it. We, the people who uses bitcoin, are the one who give a part of how bitcoin value moves, but we can't completely control its value.

Also, I don't think that bitcoin's volatility is a bane. For me, it is a boon. It's up to users on how to manage their investment on it.
armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:04:20 PM

I dont think that bitcoins volatility can be controlled, but i think theres a group of people manipulating the market price thats why its price right now is so huge.
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:25:01 PM

Completely control No. But i believe it can be manipulated.
Bitcoin Volatility can be pumped and dumped by some groups or company which making profit by doing trading crypto currency.
It is sadly, but this is also happen on other trading business like Forex.
Since volatility was related with demand and supply, so this is too difficult being controlled.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:39:07 PM

One of Bitcoin's predominant and attractive factors is it's decentralization which paves way to its volatility.
A lot of people find this aspect a marvelous feature and to some a means to exploit. Regardless of opinion,
this raises an issue and concern to some banks, organizations and governments. Currently bitcoin's volatility
is normal, it is the appealing ingredient that makes it so interesting. Organizations will try to control, influence
manipulate and even regulate bitcoin, to how long or means is of no knowledge yet. But people still favor and
will continue to approve of this volatility and decentralization facet because it makes things more compelling.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:59:20 PM

One of Bitcoin's predominant and attractive factors is it's decentralization which paves way to its volatility.
A lot of people find this aspect a marvelous feature and to some a means to exploit. Regardless of opinion,
this raises an issue and concern to some banks, organizations and governments. Currently bitcoin's volatility
is normal, it is the appealing ingredient that makes it so interesting. Organizations will try to control, influence
manipulate and even regulate bitcoin, to how long or means is of no knowledge yet. But people still favor and
will continue to approve of this volatility and decentralization facet because it makes things more compelling.

On every market prices fluctuate! That can not be stopped cause bitcoin is traded
every day, there is no break for that. Interest rate adjustments in different countries
have the biggest effect on the value, if you know that price of bitcoin is much higher
in China will you sell your bitcoin for half of that price?
   There are many reasons why price fluctuate, with bitcoin one is important how much
money is getting in or out. To nearly determinate price you need to know how many
people in this world is buying bitcoin, and how many of them is selling. You can not
do simple math to calculate that, cause numbers are changing all the time. This is simple
explanation of economy, bitcoin price fluctuations will never stop!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

I think the only thing can control the volatility of Bitcoin is Money. Money could change the supply and demand of Bitcoin so they could manage Bitcoin's price into the exactly price if you have enough money to do it.
That is where whales always come in. These are the guys that their move at once can affect the value of the market hugely but with the way things are and as the market cap is increasing by the day, there is just so little whales can really do much these days and they are also always careful not to overdo themselves, before they end up losing a lot when there are so much hungry investors trying to catch at a good price.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:47:58 PM

i dont think so .. votality of primary needs cant be control how can you do that to bitcoin when people now is starting to have interest on this ?
remember that supply and demand controls the price and as of now i can tell that bitcoin will rise moore than ever .

nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:28:31 PM

I don't know about managed because that implies a central party is going to take measures to make sure things don't happen which will not be the case in a free market. However, I will agree with  the fact that once more money comes in and Bitcoin is around price tag 25k the volatility should decrease and every dollar therefore should also make the volatility less imho.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:36:19 PM

I think the volatility can somehow be controlled but this needs a mandatory action to be done and implement it among people to support bitcoin. But as far as concerned, volatility will be just a normal scenario among cryptocurrencies so it cannot be somehow controlled since it was a natural phenomena within this type of currency.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:21:23 AM

Bitcoin volatility can be controlled. If there are many people who transact with bitcoin. And it can be done but through a very long process. Need technical and realization to everyone.
It doesn't need many people to transact because at first bitcpins volatility can be controlled but not dictated whales may control it for now because they are holding sone big amount of bitcoins that can make it pump more or dump but once any of the big country's like korean and japanese accpeting bitcoins, the price will be unstoppable due to huge users and they will cone in point to dump it after the hype was gone.
desklamp

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:48:55 AM

Maybe yes if the government will take action on legalizing bitcoin. There will be a chance for the bitcoin price to be regulated.
kyanscadiel

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:44:55 AM

Maybe no, bitcoin is so volatile and very hard to control maybe that's why people or contries is getting a hrad time to have a mass adoption of bitcoin. Unless it is already legalized by the government. They cannot fully control it but the government can  regulate the use of bitcoin.

Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:12:10 AM

No! The volatility of the bitcoin cannot control. One of the disadvantage of the bitcoin is being volatile. There a big chances that bitcoin can lose its value everytime. The peice of the bitcoin is not yet stable like the price of the gold.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:18:59 AM

I guess not, bitcoins volatility is not affected by external factors such as economy of major countries, or war or even foreign exchange. That does not affect the price of bitcoin. Volatility of bitcoin is both an advantage and disadvantage of bitcoin itself.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: