Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class?  (Read 7779 times)
kuryadi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Buglab.io

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:20:01 AM

I'm not sure bitcoin will be explained in the base class .. maybe more exactly bitcoin is given when the child is 15+ .. maybe in the base class they are given knowledge about investment in a project .. and the safest event in investing. We can only give a bitcoin picture to them because it is not possible all the knowledge of bitcoin we give to the base class .. I think you can introduce the bitcoin is not how to use it

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:07:39 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?

It is quite possible that it would soon be a subject in economic classes especially if Bitcoin can really hit the mainstream of people's consciousness. There are already many economic magazines and journals which put the needed limelight on Bitcoin and that is really good at it can be free advertising and exposure. Bitcoin can become very popular years from now and it is already a big topic online.
NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:16:35 AM

No ,because i take that and to think that they have still no knowledge about that or they don't want to share that to their students. If that becomes a thing to them and even talking a discussion it will be good to be curious for some interested students  who wants earn income online.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:28:36 AM

I am sure that there are schools/ highs schools/... where they talk about Bitcoin. But you see, there is not correctly written book or material about Bitcoin, the Blockchain and crypto-currencies. So, the information that people hear in the economic class is just private opinion of teacher/ professor. And here it's depends what this concrete person knows and thinks about all this.
miakaplan3

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:51:48 AM

I think it should be taught in econ classes. Countries like Japan have already acknowledged it; considering the impact it has in todays world i think it definitely should be taught.
bakkang

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:40:38 AM

During my economics class days we can't never talk about bitcoin and it is not familiar to us. But I believe that it has the possibility that bitcoin will be integrated in economics class because as far as I know bitcoin is really the aid to make the economy progressive. I can say that bitcoin should teach to all young peoples so that they can contribute to our economy.
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:28:12 PM

Well i think no because there are still many people who don't know anything about bitcoin that's why there is a less possibility that bitcoin can be talk about in a economic classes but if a teacher knows about bitcoin and he uses, maybe they always talks about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:31:34 PM

Well i think no because there are still many people who don't know anything about bitcoin that's why there is a less possibility that bitcoin can be talk about in a economic classes but if a teacher knows about bitcoin and he uses, maybe they always talks about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
For the same reason I am preferring bitcoin to be taught in economic class so that many people will come to know about the existence of such a freedomful payment system.

When bitcoin is being part of basic education then we can be sure more people will come to know about it. If bitcoin is just a creme layer application then the core concepts like blockchain should be taught in economic losses.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:54:21 PM

Maybe. There are now many courses that has a connect to the bitcoins.

Liza Soberano

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:59:06 PM
Merited by Nhobita (2)

Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
It's funny but i think it will possibly help our economy to become high again.  Bitcoin will helps in the sense of many people have money and so they will make our economy increase.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:05:37 PM

Well I have not seen or heard of Bitcoin been mentioned in both basics and advanced economics class. And I think if it should be mention in time to come it will be under the theory of money and monetary policy and not as a course.
Kava

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:17:46 PM

I think that this will be a wonderful idea for those children who want to study the world of crypto currency, but it is necessary to make the child choose what is interesting for him to study.

Bingooop

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:03:15 PM

Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol

Oh yeah it's in economic class as it's in range of common people who are much more valuable than the intended recipient
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:08:50 PM

Formal system training will teach students bitcoin. It is not a priority for the state and therefore will not be included in the training program. The maximum that can be is the electives which will be conducted by teachers on their own initiative.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:29:43 PM

Well it is not happening today, I think, but it is not impossible for it to mention in an Economic class soon. We can assume that Bitcoin is already part of our Economy. It is  just like a normal and physical money but the difference is that it is not legal and it is a type of cryptocurrency.

speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:22:42 PM

It is quite possible that it would soon be a subject in economic classes especially if Bitcoin can really hit the mainstream of people's consciousness. There are already many economic magazines and journals which put the needed limelight on Bitcoin and that is really good at it can be free advertising and exposure. Bitcoin can become very popular years from now and it is already a big topic online.
I guess it is better to start making it a subject or topic in an economy class even before it hits the mainstream. We all know its potentials so even if bitcoin takes a long time going mainstream or being accepted and acknowledged by people, we should start spreading knowledge about it in younger generation because they will benefit from it in the long run right? They should have an early idea about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, no need to wait for them to be fully acknowledged.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:40:16 PM

I guess it is better to start making it a subject or topic in an economy class even before it hits the mainstream. We all know its potentials so even if bitcoin takes a long time going mainstream or being accepted and acknowledged by people, we should start spreading knowledge about it in younger generation because they will benefit from it in the long run right? They should have an early idea about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, no need to wait for them to be fully acknowledged.
No matter how much we would like to be add up on an ECON class we wont able to see it to be implemented knowing that most government wont really allow such thing. Bitcoin is gradually becoming the mainstream but it wont really come to a point on where to become a main currency but this is really just good for digital aspect payments and earning opportunities but somehow the adoption would really scatter itself even if its not being taught in schools.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
curved9inch

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:54:29 PM

Nope, maybe technology Blockchain can add to the study program Economics class and Bitcoin as an example using it and success story. Because next target of road map cryptocurrency world is apply Blockchain to outside and using as platform payment of coin create by company or bank or even government!
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:00:36 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 07:18:05 AM by Kevin77

Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
It's funny but i think it will possibly help our economy to become high again.  Bitcoin will helps in the sense of many people have money and so they will make our economy increase.
I don’t think so there is anything funny about bitcoins helping the economy of the country to improve and become more stable. That’s crystal clear when people will be all employed and earning good capital, eventually this will make state economically stable. I strongly believe in the power of bitcoins about making a country stable.

Nope, maybe technology Blockchain can add to the study program Economics class and Bitcoin as an example using it and success story. Because next target of road map cryptocurrency world is apply Blockchain to outside and using as platform payment of coin create by company or bank or even government!
There are enough chances for bitcoin also to become a subject. To understand blockchain technology better we must need to analyze bitcoin first. So, no academy can ignore bitcoin systems.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:36:49 AM

I would say that it might be a good idea to have a class that handles all things concerning money.
Taxes, insurances, stocks, pensions... The basics from everywhere.
And in such a class bitcoin could fill a part in the investment area.
I don't know why our kids leave school being able to analyse a poem, but whithout having any clue about how to handle money.

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: