Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:09:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class?  (Read 7779 times)
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:12:30 PM

Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
Its a bright idea but i think teacher would know the bitcoin first. Since it was not very known yet especially people who have their own field jobs. Because theyre focusing on what theyre doing. Teach bitcoin to teachers first. Its funny to know that bitcoin will teach to some students. If that happen bounty hunter populstion will grow.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:34:18 PM

Bitcoin in the economy class, may be nice also to brief bitcoin at the school as the economic progress, but quite only limited to the introduction don’t make a lesson in the basic in class for bitcoin will easily in understand them closely myself because with the introduction just has to give an idea on the students in a class
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:36:53 PM

Well, this might turn to be true and to the fact I think there are few that are advance might done that by now. I heard that there are educational institution that open up just to teach some subject about bitcoin in Europe. But as far as I am concern I think this should not be rushed but should be deeply examine to be able to come up on great results.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:58:31 AM

Usually school is very late when we talk about innovation. So I don't expect that official scholastic programs will talk about bitcoin or blockchain very soon.
But, as it happened with internet, there will be some enlightened teachers that will take some initiatives in this sense.

akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:15:20 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?
I think they can include bitcoin discussion on the currency topics. Students should be aware that bitcoin exist and how bitcoin works. A research should be done as well if adding a bitcoin club or organization will benefit students. Bitcoin is the future currency, I think its better if the students are knowledgeable about crypto currency. Its like preparing them and being aware is the best way to teach or encourage them to be part of the bitcoin world.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dihan

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:23:47 AM

I live in China. I saw a student studying computers in the news. He said their teachers let them buy btc in 2015, but no student to buy because Chinese media are saying that btc is a scam and it is estimated that they All regret now.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:38:35 PM

No. The bitcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency that is fast, secure, and decentralized. I don't think a typical ECONs teacher would be able to explain what bitcoin really is, to the class rather the computer science teacher would be able to explain what is bitcoin and how it works to the students.
DMiracle1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:50:44 PM

As a matter of fact, there were now universities that introduce basic courses about Bitcoin. Namely:
DUKE UNIVERSITY - Back in 2014, Duke University was one of the first major US universities to launch a course revolving around digital currencies and Bitcoin. Under the name of Innovation and Cryptoventures.
PRINCETON - Princeton’s course of Bitcoin is aptly named “Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technology”. Following this course can be done through Coursera, a very popular for-profit educational platform. This particular course was turned into a book form.
STANFORD UNIVERSITY -  launched their course on Bitcoin and blockchain technology a few years ago. Under the Bitcoin Engineering umbrella, this is one of the very few full-time Bitcoin course available today. Its main focus is building bitcoin-enabled applications, as well as developing other programs that will strengthen the ecosystem.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY - started their set of cryptocurrency classes back in 2014. It focuses more on the legal side of things with their initial course. Several altcoins were highlighted during this course as well, which gave people an idea of how vast the cryptocurrency ecosystem is. Back in 2015, NYU added a new course, called Digital Currency: Revolution in Money and Payments. As one would expect, the primary goal is to give participants an overview of digital currencies,
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA - they are the only one to offer an MS in Digital Currency, which acts like any other university degree one can think of. Moreover, it is possible to take this course through an online platform.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:25:25 PM

School usually is very late in discovery what happens in real world. More over, crypto world moves so fast that everything you can say will be already obsolete in the very moment you try to teach it.
Btw, sure some smart professor are talking about bitcoin.

Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:29:42 PM

It will very difficult to persuade old professors, but surely there are already young teacher that explain the bitcoin basic principles.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
amatias

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:12:40 PM

Probably for now bitcoin is simply just a verbal example in economics class. But as bitcoin develops and spreads to many countries, its importance and contribution to the economy couldn' t be ignored. 21st century has introduced digital evolution in all aspects of human endeavour. Bitcoin plays a big part of it. And simply a must in economics class.
rain3798

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:43:11 PM

I don't think the teachers or my classmates talk about bitcoin before in my Economics class. I  think the word cryptocurrency is the one that can be talk about in the class but not the bitcoin itself. Even they will talk about the cryptocurrency they will just going to explain it a little because I think they don't know much more about it that's why I doubt that they could explain it clearly. If the subject is so much focus on the topic that is about crypto then maybe they will understand it fully and they might talk about bitcoin.

Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25

Activity: 339
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:56:03 PM

No, in anyway that it could be including education I am not agree since money will distract our fellow young people, just think about going to school for someday you can be profitable if there is an easy way to achieve it which is Bitcoin, and I think thats one of the reason why real life application in most of the subjects were not included to the curriculum cause it might distract them.
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:14:50 PM

Bitcoin in class economy may be good enough for bitcoin is also one of the influential in the economy for individuals, because a lot of people who helped economic her for bitcoin, then it can also bitcoin in put into the economy class to make a lesson in

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:12:23 PM by changcloy

i had friends who are teachers and handling economics class so i asked them about bitcoin even my friends don't had any idea about bitcoin so i think they never tacle about it. Teachers are so focus in the book and i never read about bitcoin in it so i really assume they don't have knowledge about bitcoin.
i am hoping that someone will teach or discuss bitcoin in the class because bitcoin is a big help especially to students who want to earn money to support their studies.
dante golo

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:48:10 PM

If bitcoin is applied to students in subjects,it is possible for them to change the economy of a country for the better because it can provide income at any time if there is a strong desire to exploit the existence of bitcoin.as for factors that hamper the progress of a country is in the offline job search is increasingly difficult After work field is very narrow.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:53:17 PM

I have not yet met any educational institution where bitcoin is mentioned. I think that already in the near future bitcoin can become one of the subjects in educational institutions, even if bitcoin and fall in price, crypto will be discussed in universities definitely.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:11:04 PM

Being very popular these days, I doubt professors/teachers didn't mention or tell something about Bitcoin in their class. Even in other subjects, it was being talked about. It is very important to discuss it so that for those students who wants to get in will be aware to its pros and cons and might not get scam when they want to buy Bitcoin.
Apple Mac

Activity: 264

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:31:39 PM

Nope. For me it will a huge distraction to a student of course they see bitcoin as an opportunity to get income as well ad a hindrance to go to school which is very alarming if this will be implwmwntwd cause parents will take a step for this stop which is we dont like to happened.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:39:28 PM

I am not sure if they are talking about Bitcoin in the basic economics class, but B schools are showing interest. There are separate electives relating to Bitcoin / blockchain in some of the leading business schools.
In our school no, but when it comes to entrepreneurship and financing I hears them talking about it. In our economic class no cause it only focus on the economy but not on the currency that one country was using. I think it wasnt put and teach in class because not all have interest about it and only few understand what bitcoin is and how it works.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: