Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class?  (Read 7779 times)
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:28:19 PM

I don't think BTC's going to be in any Economics Class real soon. It can still be part of the discussion in terms of how it's going to affect the current economy but having an entirely dedicated class for it, I don't think so. At any rate, much like what has been mentioned, it could possibly be geared towards Computer Classes or IT related classes.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:31:42 PM

Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
Yeah, my son is 5 yrs old now and in pre-school they already have a computer subject, they are too advance and I think bitcoin is now also on topic with college, most especially with econ and marketing or maybe in management because I think it is definitely one of our currencies now which can be crypto-currencies and I think students are allowed to know bitcoin and other cryptos.
balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:16:53 PM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?
I think it is a good idea to incorporate Bitcoin in Econ class. It is somewhat a starter for young people who needs to be smart in money for their future.

rinamor

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:51:03 PM

Bitcoin has at present become a central stream of economic development. Would be nice to have more individuals conversation about bitcoins and technology on the curriculums, teaching others how blockchain works. I hope when explaining the bitcoin it the economics class has a perfect guide on how to introduce bitcoin appropriately and to avoid spending for illegitimate activities. Bitcoin will play an essential in the future.

( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
_______GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS_______
JOIN OUR TOKEN SALE! (http://buzzshow.com/tokensale/)
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:31:40 PM

I dont think so because even most of the teachers dont know bitcoin yet. But in the future maybe since bitcoin helps one economy

It is hard to imagine bitcoin to be a part of the economic curriculum our country. I  don't think bitcoin will be part of Economics class here in our country because bitcoin is still not universal in our country. However, I'm assured some nations explain bitcoin or least discuss it. It will depend on the student and government because cryptocurrency developments can be effortlessly applied if enough attentiveness and initiative presented by the students and government.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:51:11 PM

Bitcoin has at present become a central stream of economic development. Would be nice to have more individuals conversation about bitcoins and technology on the curriculums, teaching others how blockchain works. I hope when explaining the bitcoin it the economics class has a perfect guide on how to introduce bitcoin appropriately and to avoid spending for illegitimate activities. Bitcoin will play an essential in the future.
Yes I agree, bitcoin already influential on the economic development, it will look nice if bitcoin in put into a lesson economic at school because it will be introduced at a young child that there is a digital currency that had to be they know as a preparation in the future, but do not make the as in the main lesson, put the course some lesson bitcoin like introduced the basis of bitcoin that they don’t really stiff when you want to start their own bitcoin
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:06:58 PM

It is hard to imagine bitcoin to be a part of the economic curriculum our country. I  don't think bitcoin will be part of Economics class here in our country because bitcoin is still not universal in our country. However, I'm assured some nations explain bitcoin or least discuss it. It will depend on the student and government because cryptocurrency developments can be effortlessly applied if enough attentiveness and initiative presented by the students and government.
[/quote]

In my oinion, bitcoin is being part of discussion in any econimic subject im all nation regardless of its government say about bitcoin. Bitcoin has affected the economy of most countries and i believe that it also affects the economy of countries that are against bitcoin.
With no excuse, bitcoin is able to make noise in every news so it's no doubt that this becomes  topic, not may be part, of any economic class.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:04:38 PM

When I was in college I took an economics class, but we only talk about Karl Marx, supply, demand and others but we didn't talk about bitcoin maybe for the reason that bitcoin is not that famous in our country at that time. But now bitcoin is a good example for an economics subject, lot to learn, not only at bitcoin but also for other cryptocurrencies out there, it's funny to think, what if the professor of that class is addicted to crypto may every day the topic is all about cryptocurrencies. I think putting a bitcoin topic in economics class will open the mind of every student how it works and maybe it will help them to their daily expenses especially that once you learned how bitcoin use the idea of saving and investing will follow and I think it was a great help for every people who struggle on how to handle there financial situations.
ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:19:13 PM

I think it is a good idea to incorporate Bitcoin in Econ class. It is somewhat a starter for young people who needs to be smart in money for their future.

Bitcoin needs to be added into this kind of classes. Not because they need to know it but they need to be informed about this new technology that might change or affect a country's economy. It is a currency that might be a common currency used in the future and it is a good way of teaching them that economy do not stay in a certain time, it is like a technology that need's to be upgraded and improved.
Donceng

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:42:32 PM

bitcoin in the economy class has quite a high rank. because bitcoin can improve the economy of the people so that people who do not have jobs but still have the income to meet their economic needs in everyday life. therefore we should be able to utilize bitcoin as well as possible so that people's economy remains stable. and bitcoin can greatly help the economy many people's to be even better.
Dragon5

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:55:09 PM

Actually, economics classes as well as other related subjects tend to be taught poorely in schools and universities. Despite the fact money are essential for living. So, we have to improve the content and understanding of financial issues. And, of course, keep up to modern things. One or two lections should inform students about blockchain and crypto.
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:19:12 PM

It would be difficult to decide on which class should Bitcoin be. It could be in economy, but it could be in computing and technology. I just hope it won´t end up in History class  Tongue

ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:21:05 PM

Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
Yeah, my son is 5 yrs old now and in pre-school they already have a computer subject, they are too advance and I think bitcoin is now also on topic with college, most especially with econ and marketing or maybe in management because I think it is definitely one of our currencies now which can be crypto-currencies and I think students are allowed to know bitcoin and other cryptos.

It is definetly and advanced topic. It is hard enough to understand what are the implications of imperfections in a market, that is, putting numbers to it, not to mention getting in cryptos.

automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:58:58 PM

Bitcoin's popularity grows every year and I think there will be a time that bitcoin will be discussed in each class. If its not possible, maybe they can create a group or school organization  who helps students learn more about bitcoin. It will help those kids to save money to invest on bitcoin. Maybe those kids can recruit their parents to invest on bitcoin or they can ask their parents to invest in behalf of them. It feels good to know if bitcoin will be discussed at school. This will remove all of the negative news about bitcoin. Awareness can actually kill those fake news about bitcoin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Shanmatthew

Activity: 243

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:16:33 AM

Having  Btc in economics class can somehow help and teach the student on how to deal with currencies. It is helpful and has great advantages since students would learn earlier about trading as well as investing. Just like people who are already using btc, in the future, students will also be able to do so.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 03:30:14 AM

Basically, bitcoin will completely transform your ECON classes as you know it. It disperse itself in all subjects of how economies work currently and they have never been based in a deflationary mechanism such as cryptocurrencies.

It's going to be so much fun.
Husein01

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:47:50 AM

It is also good to educate students in the econ classes about cryptocuries. so they can later become experts in managing the financial strategy in the household or agency
Punisherx100

Activity: 122
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:57:51 AM
Merited by Kurokonobasuke (2)

Upon the educational level bitcoin is used a little. Whether it's a economic class or other classes doesn't matter and there are several institution where students are making their thesis on cryptocurrency. I came to know about this through one of our forum member who often conduct survey for his master's thesis.

Actually, I had a friend in Senior high school who use Cryptocurrency as their topic and they find it hard to conduct since it was a new trend. Also, data that are related to Bitcoin is insufficient therefore using it as a topic is difficult. However, we cannot discover, solve or explain something without starting a research or study. This is a great challenge and fulfillment to the researchers if they will succeed so that we should support these studies.

ronics

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:28:41 AM

Smiley up to a level that bitcoin is used extensively whether in the economics class or in other classes there is a very important and there are also several instance even when students all make their assignment each of them make a thesis for a cryptocurrency goes here to find out about the fact that onevof those forums has members who can often conduct surveys on their masters of thesis and many bitcoins have been developing students here in economics class more harmonious and important to all the bitcoin is going to a good mood.
Triyavam

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:10:53 AM

In the modern economy, the role of money in harmony with its increasing function, Money is no longer merely as a medium of exchange, but also functions as a unit of measurement or a measure of value, the accumulation of wealth,
Talking about bitcoin is a common thing,
because of its increasing popularity day by day,
With the advancement of technology that exists today there is the term digital transaction, where people can make the transaction without having to carry money anywhere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: