Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:08:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obsidian ODN - CryptoCurrency & Secure Anonymous Messaging  (Read 92743 times)
9ndshvb

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:01:37 PM

okay , just read that ico is extended for one week , for me it is good news , waiting for some more income to invest and maybe i can reach a masternode

I believe its good for the project itself aswell. Getting more people running masternodes is just a good thing.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beastcoast

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:06:09 PM

As much as I love the concept and the transparency, I can't get behind this coin

99% of people willingly use facebook, google, and other services which knowingly gather and sell personal data

the average person is just not that interested in security. Most people don't even know what the NSA stands for. And I don't really blame them. If you're just engaging in normal activity, it's reasonable to not care about this stuff.

this messenger may target a niche group of people who are regularly transferring sensitive data and messages, but these people are a small minority. As someone else mentioned, tutanota and protonmail get the job done just fine for most purposes.

There are dozens of messaging apps out there. They may not be all that they are advertising, but I really don't see this one drawing any large crowds for the simple fact that most people consider this level of security rather trivial. Just my thoughts
SouperNerd

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:22:24 AM

Why would a technical advisor of this project say this?

https://i.imgur.com/fMlpLuf.png

Sources:

https://twitter.com/fluffypony/status/898412042947670016
http://archive.is/byWFW

This project is completely weird. I have no use to spend any more time looking into it. Take care guys, and be careful.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 06:46:26 AM

Why would a technical advisor of this project say this?

Sources:

https://twitter.com/fluffypony/status/898412042947670016
http://archive.is/byWFW

This project is completely weird. I have no use to spend any more time looking into it. Take care guys, and be careful.

Just to clarify: I'm a technical advisor who is only advising on the messaging system and its architecture. I have not been consulted on the ICO side of things, and have not read or evaluated any of the ICO aspects of this.

My general stance on ICOs at this stage (and DON'T infer it as applying unilaterally to this project) is: most projects doing ICOs are doing so because they would be laughed out the door if they tried to raise angel or seed or VC. Those hosting ICOs do so in a terribly legally murky environment, and I think there are going to be a bunch of people going to jail when regulators come knocking. Where I've consulted to projects who have insisted on an ICO, my recommendation has been for them to engage good legal counsel, and to strongly consider registering it as a security with the SEC and other similar bodies around the world.

Even if I provide the best technical advice, and this project has the most amazingly architected system, it is still a startup and normal startup risks would apply (99% of startups will and do fail).

tl;dr - if you're investing in this because some dude on Twitter, who thinks being called "fluffypony" is a pretty neat idea, is giving the software design a once-over, I suggest you reconsider your investment strategy;)

superquaid

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:50:27 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 09:53:07 AM by superquaid

Hello everyone, thanks for backing the successful Obsidian Platform project so far! We have some clarification from Riccardo Spagni AKA fluffypony on his role as one of our Technical Advisors for our flagship product on the Obsidian blockchain, the private encrypted messenger app (Obsidian Secure Messenger - OSM).

Just to clarify: I'm a technical advisor who is only advising on the messaging system and its architecture.

So, in case that isn't clear to everyone, here's another quote directly from the above post:

Even if I provide the best technical advice, and this project has the most amazingly architected system, it is still a startup and normal startup risks would apply...

Thank you for articulating this, and helping to quash unwarranted criticism of the relationship we have with publicly announced Advisors on the Obsidian team. fluffypony, we appreciate your technical input on our project Smiley

The first app launch date is 29th September 2017, which will include an integrated wallet.

We have also compiled a list of comparable encrypted messaging apps to showcase some of Obsidian Messenger's differentiating features.
Darkoth89

Merit: 646

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:19:40 PM

Hello everyone, thanks for backing the successful Obsidian Platform project so far! We have some clarification from Riccardo Spagni AKA fluffypony on his role as one of our Technical Advisors for our flagship product on the Obsidian blockchain, the private encrypted messenger app (Obsidian Secure Messenger - OSM).

Just to clarify: I'm a technical advisor who is only advising on the messaging system and its architecture.

So, in case that isn't clear to everyone, here's another quote directly from the above post:

Even if I provide the best technical advice, and this project has the most amazingly architected system, it is still a startup and normal startup risks would apply...

Thank you for articulating this, and helping to quash unwarranted criticism of the relationship we have with publicly announced Advisors on the Obsidian team. fluffypony, we appreciate your technical input on our project Smiley

ANNOUNCEMENT! Over 8 Million ODN now sold in our ICO. Check the latest figure.

On another note, we surpassed our minimum funding goal more than a week ago, meaning our crowdsale has already been successful. The first app launch date is 29th September 2017, which will include an integrated wallet.

Finally, we have compiled a list of comparable encrypted messaging apps to showcase some of Obsidian Messenger's differentiating features.

Congrats! When I invested two days ago it was under 4m, double the investments in two days is awesome.
Sagemark

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:57:04 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT! Over 8 Million ODN now sold in our ICO. Check the latest figure.

On another note, we surpassed our minimum funding goal more than a week ago, meaning our crowdsale has already been successful. The first app launch date is 29th September 2017, which will include an integrated wallet.

Finally, we have compiled a list of comparable encrypted messaging apps to showcase some of Obsidian Messenger's differentiating features.

Congrats! When I invested two days ago it was under 4m, double the investments in two days is awesome.

Thank you! The response we've had from the community (near 700 slack members!) has been nothing short of incredible. We appreciate everyone involved.
aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:37:10 PM

ICO extended by one week, I think another 5 to 6 million coins will get sold easily.Getting good response.
onedeveloper (OP)

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:56:32 PM

COMMUNITY, NOW YOU CAN COMPARE OTHER MESSENGERS WITH OBSIDIAN!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

9ndshvb

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:42:19 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Thats a great comparison. Would consider adding it to the front page of this thread.
Darkoth89

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:09:45 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Thats a great comparison. Would consider adding it to the front page of this thread.

yeah, that's a great graphic, i'd definitely add it to the OP
onedeveloper (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:39:58 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

yeah, that's a great graphic, i'd definitely add it to the OP

Added! I was too busy yesterday so I only had time to make the post. Now I have a bit of free time before going back to wallet development. We want that you can have a working value as close to the ICO closing date as possible Cool
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:28:10 AM

I love the idea of this project.

But my reservation is the vague timeframe for getting this to android and IOS.

Desktop app is nice but the big money is getting it on a mobile messaging app.

The way ICOs have been lately, after hitting the exchange, there needs to be constant improvement, excitement, and big ventures, especially within the first few months. Otherwise, it will likely dip below the ico level which creates a dumpoff.

Still undecided about this.
morpheus305

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:54:00 AM

When do these coins become tradable on exchanges?
onedeveloper (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:21:40 PM

I love the idea of this project.

But my reservation is the vague timeframe for getting this to android and IOS.

Desktop app is nice but the big money is getting it on a mobile messaging app.

The way ICOs have been lately, after hitting the exchange, there needs to be constant improvement, excitement, and big ventures, especially within the first few months. Otherwise, it will likely dip below the ico level which creates a dumpoff.

Still undecided about this.

We understand your reservations. But the objective market for this kind of ultrasecure applications is more for the security-conscious people around: journalists, white collar workers, military, etc. From them it will gradually trickle to the general public, same as Slack that initially was just a tools for business and now every cryptogroup in the world uses it.

About "constant improvement, excitement, and big ventures", we have many things up our sleeves. The thing is that we don't like to overpromise like hundred other ICOs around while at the same time underdeliver on them. We prefer to do just the opposite: underpromise and underdeliver.

Thanks for taking your time to analyze us! Cool
onedeveloper (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:28:42 PM

As soon as we finish our tests on the Qt wallet, we will submit it to the exchanges. Then the ball will be on their court and we just must wait for their approval.
Darkoth89

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:04:03 PM

As soon as we finish our tests on the Qt wallet, we will submit it to the exchanges. Then the ball will be on their court and we just must wait for their approval.

Excellent! We know what they are like when it comes to speed.. Snail pace haha
aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:26:47 PM

Can we know the name of exchanges you plan to list OBSIDIAN. I hope Yobit is not in your list.
9ndshvb

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

Can we know the name of exchanges you plan to list OBSIDIAN. I hope Yobit is not in your list.

Copy pasta from the slack channel:

' Obsidian has three markets in mind, Bittrex, Cryptopia and Liqui. We cannot promise the inclusion of any exchange, however, we can promise we will do everything in our power to get on them. Each exchange holds the right to add/deny who they see fit. Additionally, any coin that is going to be listed on either of these exchanges is not allowed to say when they will be included, as discussing before listing would break their terms of agreement. '

Also here is the invite link to slack for those interested: https://twitter.com/ObsidianCrypto/status/897491722200133633
denking

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:22:18 PM

How much is the Masternode ?

Iconomi Holder !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: