Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:27:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obsidian ODN - CryptoCurrency & Secure Anonymous Messaging  (Read 92743 times)
Sagemark

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:50:08 PM

How much is the Masternode ?

Currently Masternodes will be 10,000 ODN though that number may change as necessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin-pi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:14:04 PM

A Development team exists and have an alpha application readily available on their GitHub. The need for decentralized end to end communications, is long overdue. This much is true.

I just can't get past the 'built on Stratis' part. I'll admit, I don't know squat about Stratis, but was there an unshakeable reason why Obsidian is building on top of Stratis? I just feel with all the confusion amongst the bitcoin community, Obsidian naturally absorbs the same confusion.

Edit: grammar
onedeveloper (OP)

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:41:25 PM

DEAR COMMUNITY - WE HAVE BROKEN THE 10 MILLION ODN BARRIER!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS FOR THEIR TRUST AND WE WILL WORK HARD TO MAKE THIS WORTH!

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:53:13 PM

DEAR COMMUNITY - WE HAVE BROKEN THE 10 MILLION ODN BARRIER!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS FOR THEIR TRUST AND WE WILL WORK HARD TO MAKE THIS WORTH!

Awesome!!  And there is still 5 days left to go.. I wonder how much will come in on the last day from panic buys haha  Shocked
karanj

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 10:25:52 PM

A decentralized blockchain based secure platform for peer to peer messaging. Obsidian is a must use platform.Core technologies used also are very good

Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:02:09 AM

When wallet ready to download?
Darkoth89

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:32:30 AM

When wallet ready to download?

I believe once the ICO ends they are aiming for the wallet to be done (Check back a page or so)
onedeveloper (OP)

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:32:26 PM

OBSIDIAN PLATFORM HAS BEEN FEATURED ON FORBES DIGITAL MAGAZINE!! Cool

Check it out at this link:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/omribarzilay/2017/08/21/3-ways-blockchain-is-revolutionizing-cybersecurity/#3524f1923349

Quote from: forbes
Obsidian uses the blockchain-decentralized network, which cannot be censored or controlled by any single source. In addition, communications meta-data is scattered throughout the distributed ledger, and cannot be gathered at one central point, reducing the risk of surveillance through such digital fingerprints. Users need not link to their email addresses or telephone numbers, thereby increasing privacy.

margoslend

Activity: 396
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:45:44 PM

please tell me, maybe I did not read, but if there were any opportunities to get some tokens for experiments on a free basis? Today, there are a lot of advertising, but before the case reach, alas, not all...
jootjejodel

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:37:36 PM

This is awesome, I can't wait to try the service as I want to become a better trader. My Hubby showed me this and so I also joined in the promo campaigns too!  Smiley I will join slack tomorrow when I get a little more time. 
christoff522

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:31:49 AM

Help please!! FAQ is confusing me

On the one hand for the ICO it says we can send from the exchange and that they prefer exchanges to private wallets.

Then on the ODN coins section it says they won't send us coins if we send from an exchange.

I'm really confused.

Edit:It's outdated information, you can purchase direct from an exchange because everyone is given a unique address.
drnash85

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:28:08 AM

If I'm here it's a very good project, look for me on future projects
whitehatrigs

Activity: 125

All Ur Base Is Belong To Us

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 03:22:31 PM

I love the idea of this project.

But my reservation is the vague timeframe for getting this to android and IOS.

Desktop app is nice but the big money is getting it on a mobile messaging app.

The way ICOs have been lately, after hitting the exchange, there needs to be constant improvement, excitement, and big ventures, especially within the first few months. Otherwise, it will likely dip below the ico level which creates a dumpoff.

Still undecided about this.

We understand your reservations. But the objective market for this kind of ultrasecure applications is more for the security-conscious people around: journalists, white collar workers, military, etc. From them it will gradually trickle to the general public, same as Slack that initially was just a tools for business and now every cryptogroup in the world uses it.

About "constant improvement, excitement, and big ventures", we have many things up our sleeves. The thing is that we don't like to overpromise like hundred other ICOs around while at the same time underdeliver on them. We prefer to do just the opposite: underpromise and underdeliver.

Thanks for taking your time to analyze us! Cool

I think that the target audience you aim for is not necessarily on desktop, it is quite the opposite in fact: when in the field, they use mobile devices and not desktops.

Do you have any plans for offering apps for mobile devices (Android especially)?

Thanks

bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:25:53 AM

The way ICOs have been lately, after hitting the exchange, there needs to be constant improvement, excitement, and big ventures, especially within the first few months. Otherwise, it will likely dip below the ico level which creates a dumpoff.

We understand your reservations. But the objective market for this kind of ultrasecure applications is more for the security-conscious people around: journalists, white collar workers, military, etc. From them it will gradually trickle to the general public, same as Slack that initially was just a tools for business and now every cryptogroup in the world uses it.

About "constant improvement, excitement, and big ventures", we have many things up our sleeves. The thing is that we don't like to overpromise like hundred other ICOs around while at the same time underdeliver on them. We prefer to do just the opposite: underpromise and underdeliver.

I think that the target audience you aim for is not necessarily on desktop, it is quite the opposite in fact: when in the field, they use mobile devices and not desktops.

Do you have any plans for offering apps for mobile devices (Android especially)?

Thanks

I do believe that the sooner their app is developed, the faster their success
9ndshvb

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:50:02 AM

Thanks

This is from their github release of the messenger:

'We are planning to release OSM for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows 7-8.1 and Linux in the given order.'

Source: https://github.com/obsidianplatform/OSMAlpha
kurret

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:54:45 AM

So according to their white paper, 15% of the coins will go to the core team. This sounds like quite a lot? But I am not experienced in ICOs

Moreover, there is also the following statement:
"50% of the final amount raised in the ICO will be divided into two escrow accounts:
• 30% will be used for advertising, marketing, developers, daily operational costs of the
company and similar expenses. This will also include a monthly salary for the core and 2nd
tier members of the team.
• 20% will be kept as company assets, for ensuing compliance with all the appropriate
regulatory agencies.
• The remaining amount will be divided between the core founding members."

What does this mean? How much will the "remaining amount" be? If I read this correctly, the remaining amount of 50%, after 30% and 20% has been used, is...0%?
Darkoth89

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:01:12 AM

So according to their white paper, 15% of the coins will go to the core team. This sounds like quite a lot? But I am not experienced in ICOs

"50% of the final amount raised in the ICO will be divided into two escrow accounts:
• 30% will be used for advertising, marketing, developers, daily operational costs of the
company and similar expenses. This will also include a monthly salary for the core and 2nd
• 20% will be kept as company assets, for ensuing compliance with all the appropriate
regulatory agencies.

What does this mean? How much will the "remaining amount" be? If I read this correctly, the remaining amount of 50%, after 30% and 20% has been used, is...0%?

You need to read that again lol, 50% of the funds will split as follows 30% and 20%, so there is 50% left!
kurret

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:57:14 AM

regulatory agencies.

You need to read that again lol, 50% of the funds will split as follows 30% and 20%, so there is 50% left!
Sorry I should ahve quoted the full paragraph. Here is the full quote (and note the indentation):
"
After the ICO completes, the total distribution model will be as follows.
50% of the final amount raised in the ICO will be divided into two escrow accounts:
regulatory agencies.
   • The remaining amount will be divided between the core founding members.

The final use and distribution of the second half of the ICO final amount will always be decided by
majority vote of ICO founders and is intended for funding ongoing Obsidian-related work.
"

I interpret this as the remaining 50% being used for "ongoing Obsidian-related work", but is it different from the "remaining amount that will be divided between core founding members"? Due to the indentation it sure sounds like that amount should be part of the first 50%. Or do they mean 30%/20% of the 50%?
richpress

Activity: 225

Sr. Web Developer / Msg for work inquiries

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 10:22:32 AM

regulatory agencies.

Sorry I should ahve quoted the full paragraph. Here is the full quote (and note the indentation):
"
After the ICO completes, the total distribution model will be as follows.
50% of the final amount raised in the ICO will be divided into two escrow accounts:
regulatory agencies.
   • The remaining amount will be divided between the core founding members.

The final use and distribution of the second half of the ICO final amount will always be decided by
majority vote of ICO founders and is intended for funding ongoing Obsidian-related work.
"

I interpret this as the remaining 50% being used for "ongoing Obsidian-related work", but is it different from the "remaining amount that will be divided between core founding members"? Due to the indentation it sure sounds like that amount should be part of the first 50%. Or do they mean 30%/20% of the 50%?

That exact confusion is what kept me from joining this ICO, seems too risky and too manipulated of a market to get my funds moved too.
silencio25

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:02:59 PM

Hello,

I have few questions:

1. Do you have roadmap with dates?

2. What do you mean by "decentralisation of the messenger's storage"? Each node will contain whole log?

3. What is the purpose of the coin?

Thanks in advance
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: