Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:08:48 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 10:03:50 PM by Silberman

With regards to savings, i don't believe bitcoin can help parents to teach children about cost savings.  The reason for this is that, Bitcoin or money does not make a difference if parents implement savings teachings for their kids.  It can be the environment that kids had when it is expanding.  Keep in mind, Bitcoin will and can by no means speak.  It can be those who apply it to how they will use it.
You are pretty okay regarding this. It is really not easy to teach kids about the importance of money and how to save it. They are totally dependent on their parents for expenditures etc. kids are really not in state of understanding the importance of money unless and unless they go through some great financial problems with their parents. Bitcoin will be good to teach teenagers the value of money.
Kids can understand the value of money, if you give them money to buy something to eat at school they immediately understand there are things they cannot buy and things they can buy with that money, they can easily understand the concept of saving especially if you teach to them from an early age the issue is that I do not think bitcoin is the best option to teach kids about those concepts since they learn better with stuff they can see and touch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:11:07 PM

"Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?"

No, kids are stupid.

And bitcoin is apparently not even teaching most adults about saving, much less kids.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:31:18 PM

In future it will be one of the most use currency in the world so kids shold know nowadays how to use it and what bitcoin is exactly so just educate them as fast as you can.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:58:42 PM

Every generation of kids born more and more spenders and all our culture, economic, medicine, producing and politic makes it's effect on it. Education for children stopped to be strong and they become more relaxed with years. I also have two nephews and I don't teach them about saving, they are too young (7 and 2), but the older one started already to keep her Tooth fairy's presents Cheesy Anyway, I am trying to be strong with them, I tech them that money is not so easy came to adult's wallet and we can't buy all those things that they want.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:38:37 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
I think you don't really need to use bitcoin to teach them about saving. Use practical things that can be observed in their surroundings so they can easily adapt it in their living. If they will be introduced to bitcoin at a young age, there is a possi ility that they won't take it seriously; besides, not all people are using it now so they may be confused at what is bitcoin all about.
Haha, I don’t understand why people are really after kids to teach them about savings. Kids should be given free time to enjoy their childhood and make some good memories out of it. Bitcoin is the latest technology and it is even difficult for many teenagers to understand bitcoin, how can we expect little children to understand bitcoin. Bitcoin is good to teach them when they are in their teenage.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:39:00 AM

With regards to savings, i don't believe bitcoin can help parents to teach children about cost savings.  The reason for this is that, Bitcoin or money does not make a difference if parents implement savings teachings for their kids.  It can be the environment that kids had when it is expanding.  Keep in mind, Bitcoin will and can by no means speak.  It can be those who apply it to how they will use it.
You are pretty okay regarding this. It is really not easy to teach kids about the importance of money and how to save it. They are totally dependent on their parents for expenditures etc. kids are really not in state of understanding the importance of money unless and unless they go through some great financial problems with their parents. Bitcoin will be good to teach teenagers the value of money.
Kids can understand the value of money, if you give them money to buy something to eat at school they immediately understand there are things they can but and things they can buy with that money, they can easily understand the concept of saving especially if you teach to them from an early age the issue is that I do not think bitcoin is the best option to teach kids about those concepts since they learn better with stuff they can see and touch.
Yes, there is no need to put pressure on children about saving money and learning about methods of making money. We should let them enjoy their childhood because if they would discover all these methods on their own, it would be easier for them to understand all this. I see eye to eye with you that they should simply be given the concept of crypto currencies, nothing more than this at all.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:51:40 AM

With regards to savings, i don't believe bitcoin can help parents to teach children about cost savings.  The reason for this is that, Bitcoin or money does not make a difference if parents implement savings teachings for their kids.  It can be the environment that kids had when it is expanding.  Keep in mind, Bitcoin will and can by no means speak.  It can be those who apply it to how they will use it.
Kids can understand the value of money, if you give them money to buy something to eat at school they immediately understand there are things they can but and things they can buy with that money, they can easily understand the concept of saving especially if you teach to them from an early age the issue is that I do not think bitcoin is the best option to teach kids about those concepts since they learn better with stuff they can see and touch.
Yes, there is no need to put pressure on children about saving money and learning about methods of making money. We should let them enjoy their childhood because if they would discover all these methods on their own, it would be easier for them to understand all this. I see eye to eye with you that they should simply be given the concept of crypto currencies, nothing more than this at all.

Yes, I agree but somehow I disagree. I agree that we should not force kids on saving money or something because we all know that someday they must learn it but I disagree because on the other hand, bitcoin is for the future thats why you can work with it if there is an internet connection. If they will never learn something about this then how they can cope with the people already learn with this? So I guess teaching them step by step will be good, while you learn this already, you can gain money and save this for future.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:26:04 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

I think so. Particularly in the part where we hold bitcoin until we think that it's value is high enough to trade, and to leave some because we still believe it could go beyond. When the kids learn to do that, it is practically considered as saving, for one to hold onto his or her money until a potential investment could be offered for them in the future.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:37:30 PM

Teaching children about saving (and wider financial issues) is certainly important. It's part of normal schooling in some parts of the world and formal education of this nature might be rolled out more widely. Bitcoin might feature in that, but presumably only as part of it.
May be in some places children may ave some knowledge about bitcoin. But I think that in majority of places children may not have any such knowledge about bitcoin, because bitcoin is still not so popular and especially the children and even the youngster may not have such knowledge about bitcoin. I think that it will take a lot of time when all the people and even the children will know about bitcoin.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:05:04 PM

Teaching children about saving (and wider financial issues) is certainly important. It's part of normal schooling in some parts of the world and formal education of this nature might be rolled out more widely. Bitcoin might feature in that, but presumably only as part of it.
May be in some places children may ave some knowledge about bitcoin. But I think that in majority of places children may not have any such knowledge about bitcoin, because bitcoin is still not so popular and especially the children and even the youngster may not have such knowledge about bitcoin. I think that it will take a lot of time when all the people and even the children will know about bitcoin.
Understanding this concept of bitcoin is not that much easy as most of us actually think of it. It is really very much difficult thing for the kids to understand about bitcoin and that too in such an early age of their lives. There are few other techniques which you can use to make them understand the importance of saving money. Bitcoin can actually teach us about saving of money but once we’ll be mature enough.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:14:02 PM

Nope. Teaching them Bitcoin won't make them learn saving money as it is not one of the main effects of Bitcoin. Saving can be generally thought by you, on both of your cousins which one of them is doing well in saving, my suggestion is for you to limit the money you give to them strictly giving them just enough space to save. By this technique they will know the importance of money and at the same time maximize the money they already have, making them learn the hard way can be huge for the both of them. The good thing about this is it can lead them to having an interest in investing.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:15:09 PM

Understanding this concept of bitcoin is not that much easy as most of us actually think of it. It is really very much difficult thing for the kids to understand about bitcoin and that too in such an early age of their lives. There are few other techniques which you can use to make them understand the importance of saving money. Bitcoin can actually teach us about saving of money but once we’ll be mature enough.

Yes. Kids need much time to understand what is Bitcoin.Because they are kids buddy.They have very low understanding capacity then of youngsters.So it may teach how to save to youngsters than kids.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:09:13 PM

Bitcoin can teach children to save. I was wondering if it was not too early to introduce bitcoin to a child. But I feel bitcoin can train patience for children because following bitcoin is a long process. And the results will be very satisfying when we focus on bitcoin

Bitcoin can be a way of saving but not intended for kids. Maybe if they already reach the right age it can be explained to them but not now, there have a right time. If they know the value of money and how hard to earn this money's that came from their parents. In my opinion it is right that we should teach our kids about bitcoins as early.
I agree, kids need to be taught about saving but using bitcoin is a bad idea for that, bitcoin gives you the freedom to buy almost anything anywhere in the world and while that kind of freedom can be liberating for an adult person that is simply too much responsibility for a kid, it is better to teach them with cash and only teach them about bitcoin once they are older.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:15:59 PM

this is very easy, teach your children to save money, and tell the profits if saving money early and do not use to buy something that is not important, then teach your two children to know bitcoin and start saving in bitcoin and explain how the benefits of saving in bitcoin, then your child will be able to understand and will be a savvy entrepreneur saving and making money, because since childhood in teaching a very profitable financial.
kyasarin1205

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:36:17 PM

Bitcoin can teach children to save. I was wondering if it was not too early to introduce bitcoin to a child. But I feel bitcoin can train patience for children because following bitcoin is a long process. And the results will be very satisfying when we focus on bitcoin

Bitcoin can be a way of saving but not intended for kids. Maybe if they already reach the right age it can be explained to them but not now, there have a right time. If they know the value of money and how hard to earn this money's that came from their parents. In my opinion it is right that we should teach our kids about bitcoins as early.
I agree, kids need to be taught about saving but using bitcoin is a bad idea for that, bitcoin gives you the freedom to buy almost anything anywhere in the world and while that kind of freedom can be liberating for an adult person that is simply too much responsibility for a kid, it is better to teach them with cash and only teach them about bitcoin once they are older.

Bitcoin will be too much for kids to understand and beside shouldn't be the knowledge for saving start within the house and learned from the parents. Children should learn saving fiat money first because,  growing up, this kind of money is what they will be used to. Bitcoin is not yet legalized and not all people are open-minded in understanding bitcoin,  it might just confused the kids.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:49:03 PM

No, kids are stupid.

And bitcoin is apparently not even teaching most adults about saving, much less kids.
yeah thats true, i think how often do you explain bitcoin to small children, they will not understand about bitcoin, because they are not yet time to know and learn something complicated, you are true kids still stupid so they will not be able to teach you about bitcoin,,
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:24:34 PM

No, kids are stupid.

yeah thats true, i think how often do you explain bitcoin to small children, they will not understand about bitcoin, because they are not yet time to know and learn something complicated, you are true kids still stupid so they will not be able to teach you about bitcoin,,

Haha,, but sometimes if they tried to save their money using bitcoins and when the price dumped, they will get angry because the value that they invested decreased. So somehow it could not help kids or even adults to save their money, but still it depends on a person you are teaching.

Criptomen@30

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:33:04 PM

It may help them make money not saving
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:51:29 PM

I think it is improper to burden them on money matters at an early stage much more with bitcoins. Since we are talking about kids it is not right to let them handle money.
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:46:44 AM

I do not think, bitcoin is not necessarily appropriate with kids, they do not necessarily know about investment, we should introduce another investment first before introducing bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: