Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:45:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:01:05 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

My children knows that i am into bitcoin. But for now they are still underage to be into it. Part of my  nurturing them is to instill in there mind the value of having a savings. We also set as an example to them.

My children is in underage he didn't know yet about savings. When he reach the right time that he understands about savings through bitcoin i will teach him and it very useful because at the minor age he knows how to save.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beezare

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:10:20 PM

yes, we can teach kids about bitcoin by teaching them about saving and the benefits of saving because I think saving is the same as investing
sharnel18

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:58:51 PM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
At their early age as a kids ,parents or adult in the family  should incourage them or give them some knowledge of savings,or some ways from the bitcoin on how they save their income,teach them how to control to spend wisely the way they can easily to understand how to value their effort of savings for the near future of their life.
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

At their early age as a kids ,parents or adult in the family  should incourage them or give them some knowledge of savings,or some ways from the bitcoin on how they save their income,teach them how to control to spend wisely the way they can easily to understand how to value their effort of savings for the near future of their life.
In any case, we must teach the children savings, because energy sources and ecology have their limitations. I hope bitcoin will contribute to this.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:42:02 AM

The most ideal approach to show kids about investment funds is utilizing bitcoin or paper money. I remember when I was kid my parents give me a piggy bank each beginning of the school year, after the school hour I put all the cash on the piggy bank. after the school end I break it. I utilized my saving cash to purchase a toy or my desire. On the helps of the modern technology we can utilize the bitcoin on saving and guide then very well since digital currency isn't simple one like piggy bank.
ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:48:41 AM

It is good to teach the children to save. There are plenty of ways how to teach the cildren to save. Bitcoin is too early for then. Though there are youn kids whi are hooked in bitcoin, I heard.
maulidin8888

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

Very helpfull cor children learning to save, but I think  we teach bitcoin to children for their future investments in orde to find the result on their own efforts business in the future.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:58:34 AM

Bitcoin can help children to learn how to save. Kids don't have much opportunity to spend there bitcoin. When they see there's nothing to spend they'll surly save there bitcoins. But first we have to introduce the power of bitcoin to our children which is hard part for us.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:32:26 PM

If you think that is good for your two cousins, go ahead. As long they know how to do it. Think an easy way to understand it. For example, create or search some games that related to cryptocurrency, you are not only teaching them to how to save money, you also show them the importance of the money. You must give them a clarification about how the value changes or move and how unstable their value is.
Onews1990

Activity: 362

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:47:48 AM

If to talk about 2 teenagers, then i think bitcoin is best one to choose. But if they're kids i am not sure in that. Imho, they still can't handle and understand completly bitcoin and crypto.
redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:47:46 PM

It depends on how are you going to introduce bitcoin to them, I think this children of new era will be having to understand the world faster that we are because they are assisted by the present technology and this technology have more rooms to improve and gather data to make our lives simple and saving money is a matter of decision making from us involving bitcoin from saving will only just be an alternative it may not fully encourage the kids to save because there must be an activity if bitcoin will become the legal tender of the world this is really possible to help them save money.

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:03:02 PM

Yes it will probably help kids who are usually just spending money, maybe with bitcoin they can learn to save with a little explanation of the benefits of saving, perhaps with a crypto the kids have an interest in saving rather than directly applying it to cash.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Mbah Djoko

Activity: 419

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:07:41 PM

Yes right, maybe with the presence of bitcoin can train kids about saving and investing, but there are important things we must do before introducing bitcoin that is giving the right information about financial management.

great
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:29:16 PM

I think we could teach kids to saving their money all the time, because they should to know how much is it value for Earth at all.
Sweetlover

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:38:37 PM

bit coin? help teach kids how best to save? I am still trying to figure out the underlying morale behind it..
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:43:30 PM

I think bitcoin will be helpful in terms of teaching children how to save money. I believe that there is this strategy in order for you to save money and bitcoin will be the one who will teach the children on proper handling the money, on how you are going to make the money doubled if possible, and how to save money for the things that you need and for the things that you want.

Umar001

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:18:00 AM

I don't thinks so, bitcoin teach kids about saving, come to think of it's not good enough to expose kids into financial ream like btc, btc give you financial freedom freedom, and if kids have such financial freedom, they may abuse it. So I totally disagree with bitcoin teach kids about saving.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:26:25 AM

If you can explaine to them what is the huge profit if they save their money as invest with bitcoin I think it's gonna be good idea. But I've been kids not long time ago and I know what is feeling when I have money I wanna buy something I want, maybe to show my friend. So,  as long as those thing worth it I never mind.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:16:28 PM

In my opinion it will not because if you did not teach your children proper financial education then they would just spend the BTCs that they earn. Financial education should start with the parents so you would need learn to discipline your self first before you teach it to them.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:26:44 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 05:45:19 PM by Epimetheus

If you can explaine to them what is the huge profit if they save their money as invest with bitcoin I think it's gonna be good idea. But I've been kids not long time ago and I know what is feeling when I have money I wanna buy something I want, maybe to show my friend. So,  as long as those thing worth it I never mind.
I do not think that bitcoin can teach kids about saving.Bitcoin is a very complex process and it will be difficult for kids to understand bitcoin.Their minds are not so developed to understand this process easily.Kids should play outdoors and focus on their studies rather spending time on the internet.Parents should do bitcoin and save for their kids for the future.Though bitcoin is an easy way to earn money but still it is risky and very volatile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: