Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:17:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We can now easily afford a cryptopia listing. Is this something you would like us to invest in?
Yes, let's just get it listed asap - 27 (67.5%)
Yes, but it's not so important. It can wait awhile. - 8 (20%)
No, I hate cryptopia - 5 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Sojourn, Nova Exchange active on fork! (Now with DGW!)  (Read 56778 times)
sojournagain (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:55:53 AM

For all those confused:

You can keep your coins on NOVA, or on the web wallet or on the Desktop wallet, or in any combination of those.

There will be no problem because the addresses will be the same.

I keep them in desktop wallet. After the fork I will have to import the private keys from old desktop to new desktop wallet

This is correct, it really is up to your preference.

Sojourn: reward points that work for you! Travel with the cryptocurrency of your choice. http://www.sojournbooking.net/ Now trading on Nova Exchange!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:58:17 AM

Everything looks in order for the fork. Assuming nova exchange can do the coin swap for us, we encourage everyone to send any transactions this weekend if they wish to carry them over to the forked chain. We will be renting a large amount of hashing power to move the chain prior to the fork to ensure no transactions are left in limbo. Once everything is clear the fork will be implemented and new source/wallets/daemon will be released. The web wallet will be updated to support the fork, but it should be seamless for users and all balances will remain the same. The same should occur for nova exchange, I am just waiting on instructions from them. By monday/tuesday the fork should be live. We have an independent developer handling the web wallet transition to ensure its safety. We will also be paying out owed sig bounties for this last week, then the sig campaign will be put on hold to be replaced by a bigger and better sig campaign. Thanks everyone!

what is the intent of notices so that the coin in nova is sent back to the wallet desktop and waiting for updates from the team?
please explain me
thanks
If you want your coins out of nova for the fork, then you should initiate the withdraw this weekend. I am not sure how long it will take nova to update us to the new chain. However, if your choose to leave them on nova they should be perfectly safe there.

Sojourn: reward points that work for you! Travel with the cryptocurrency of your choice. http://www.sojournbooking.net/ Now trading on Nova Exchange!
igrek_boy

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:35:20 AM

I will have to import the private keys from old desktop to new desktop wallet

how will you do it?
soulful100

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:11:46 PM

I'm guessing the fork has started? Despite leaving my SOJ desktop wallet on it can't sync with the network lol
igrek_boy

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:10:23 PM

dev how to import private keys? I did not find such a function in my wallet
navigator.david

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:32:29 PM

Hi,
I have a question. Will the fork split the coin like Bitcoin Cash with Bitcoin? I mean, the coins we own will be the same or will double? Thanks for the answer!
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:37:14 PM

Hi,
I have a question. Will the fork split the coin like Bitcoin Cash with Bitcoin? I mean, the coins we own will be the same or will double? Thanks for the answer!

No because the old chain will be abandoned

I will have to import the private keys from old desktop to new desktop wallet

how will you do it?

If it is harder than just using the wallet.dat as it is, we can always use the console to export the private keys on ond wallet and import them in the new.

I don't remember the commands now but I will look them up when the time comes.

I expect instructions will be given by the dev anyway.

erv

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:46:03 PM

For all those confused:

You can keep your coins on NOVA, or on the web wallet or on the Desktop wallet, or in any combination of those.

I keep them in desktop wallet. After the fork I will have to import the private keys from old desktop to new desktop wallet

Where I can find those keys?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:56:42 PM

For all those confused:

Where I can find those keys?

I found this on another forum by googling:

To export a private key from your Satoshi bitcoin-qt client:

launch your bitcoin client as usual and wait for it to load the blockchain and start up
    click on 'help' in the menu bar (top right)
    click on 'debug window'
    select the 'console' tab
    type: walletpassphrase "your walletpassphrase here" 600
    type: dumpprivkey [your Bitcoin address here]
    this will return the private key, you can copy it now; ensure you clear your clipboard/history afterwards
    type: walletlock

It's probably the same command.
If you don't have a passphrase to lock your wallet ignore that command and the last one

igrek_boy

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:07:31 PM

type: dumpprivkey [your Bitcoin address here]
    this will return the private key, you can copy it now

thank you
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:34:29 PM

I have received a response from nova and they are working with us on this. They have even offered to move the old chain for us before the fork commences on monday, so everything should be fine on nova. The new wallets and daemon should take no longer than 48 hours from that point to be ready and released barring any issues. This is all being built off of the new source code so the wallet will be the upgraded style with the new graphics.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:12:32 PM

I have received a response from nova and they are working with us on this. They have even offered to move the old chain for us before the fork commences on monday, so everything should be fine on nova. The new wallets and daemon should take no longer than 48 hours from that point to be ready and released barring any issues. This is all being built off of the new source code so the wallet will be the upgraded style with the new graphics.

Thanks for the updates dev!
By the way, to those who are wondering how much they will get after the fork.
I believe it's only 1:1 ratio, how much SOJ coins you have right now will be the same afterwards.
Unless the dev will be generous to the SOJ hodlers.  Grin
Kindly confirm dev if that's right. Thanks.
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:33:38 PM

Thanks for the updates dev!
By the way, to those who are wondering how much they will get after the fork.
I believe it's only 1:1 ratio, how much SOJ coins you have right now will be the same afterwards.
Unless the dev will be generous to the SOJ hodlers.  Grin
Kindly confirm dev if that's right. Thanks.
Yes it's 1:1. Everything stays the same. Anything different would require substantially more work.

LaoShanLung

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:26:41 AM

What do we need to do? Just download some new wallet and import the priv keys?
Any help is really apreciated!
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:57:15 AM

What do we need to do? Just download some new wallet and import the priv keys?
Any help is really apreciated!

Essentially yes. I will have a visual guide to help people through the process when the time comes.

12inchMom

Activity: 322

I am Joe Blow, the lover man! You should pay me.

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:20:53 AM

Wow! What happened to the price. just a few weeks ago it was at 0.50.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:20:41 AM

Mining pools stalled our blockchain, forcing us to go through a fork. Kind of threw a wrench in our plans causing a delay, so the price drop is understandable.

Shews

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:24:23 AM

Mining pools stalled our blockchain, forcing us to go through a fork. Kind of threw a wrench in our plans causing a delay, so the price drop is understandable.

Excellent time to buy
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:38:25 AM

Excellent time to buy

Exactly! Panic sellers that want their SOJ coins out of their hands before the fork. I strongly believe that after this hurdle, SOJ will rise again. And I think cryptopia is the next planned exchange after the fork.
AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:53:15 AM

With the concept that sojourn is offering it impossible for this coin not to succed ,  how I can see the devs are really commited into this , and they've spent a lot of money into the project ,  which is only good news for us.
Let the panic sellers sell now , sooner or later this coin is gona be worth a lot ! a lot more than it's current value , and everyone who is mining it / or buying it at such a cheap price will have a lot to gain from it.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: