Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:59:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We can now easily afford a cryptopia listing. Is this something you would like us to invest in?
Yes, let's just get it listed asap - 27 (67.5%)
Yes, but it's not so important. It can wait awhile. - 8 (20%)
No, I hate cryptopia - 5 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Sojourn, Nova Exchange active on fork! (Now with DGW!)  (Read 56778 times)
KiritoX

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:32:25 AM

Additional blocks have been created does that mean you already started renting the hash power needed dev ?
Will the fork occur during this week ?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soulful100

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:06:10 PM

Just hoping there wont be anymore dramatic difficulty spikes
igrek_boy

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:45:34 PM

maybe try another pool...
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:19:28 PM

maybe try another pool...

That won't work, the problem is with the network difficulty not the pool difficulty.
sojournagain (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:42:33 PM

We will be moving the original blockchain this evening to clear out any stuck transactions with rented hashpower. Any transactions made after tonight on the old chain are not guaranteed. This does not apply to nova exchange trades provided you don't move coins on or off the exchange. In short, if you have transactions to make before the fork, make them now.

Sojourn: reward points that work for you! Travel with the cryptocurrency of your choice. http://www.sojournbooking.net/ Now trading on Nova Exchange!
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

We will be moving the original blockchain this evening to clear out any stuck transactions with rented hashpower. Any transactions made after tonight on the old chain are not guaranteed. This does not apply to nova exchange trades provided you don't move coins on or off the exchange. In short, if you have transactions to make before the fork, make them now.

Does this mean I can initiate a transfer of my SOJ from Nova to my Web Wallet *now*, before the rented hashpower, and when the hashpower starts up my SOJ will be transfered.
Can you give a rough idea, in "Bitcointalk time", when the hashpower will start.
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:54:16 PM

Does this mean I can initiate a transfer of my SOJ from Nova to my Web Wallet *now*, before the rented hashpower, and when the hashpower starts up my SOJ will be transfered.
Can you give a rough idea, in "Bitcointalk time", when the hashpower will start.
Yes you can and all will be well, or you can do nothing and everything will still be fine. NovaExchange is working with us on this. This is the plan they proposed and we are essentially doing what they suggested (except dgw rather than kgw).

Quote from nova exchange email:
Hi,

We can offer a coinswap, absolutly, but we have also another suggestion.
SOJ is a scrypt POW coin if we understand this right!?

We have scrypt asics avaliable (and some members in NovaCrew is also miners and have own asics), and we have the option to mine on this chain, maybe that is a better option than a coinswap, a suggestion is to release a new wallet with a hardfork to KGW at block 6500? height now is 6445, and diff on 10k will not be a problem for us to solve 55 blocks on.

We have to take a little bit payment for renting out some miners to solve the last blocks (5-10 gh mining power can be needed to solve this and pricing will be about what it cost to rent that power in needed hours on nicehash)

We think this can be a better solution than do a coinswap on a newly released coin for you to solve the stucked blockchain

Please respond to us and say what you think about this.

Regards
Novaexchange Administrator Team

Sojourn: reward points that work for you! Travel with the cryptocurrency of your choice. http://www.sojournbooking.net/ Now trading on Nova Exchange!
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:35:56 PM

Signature payments for last week will be paid after the new wallet?

sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:13:47 PM

Signature payments for last week will be paid after the new wallet?
Yes they will, kind of hard to send payments on a nonmoving blockchain unfortunately.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:26:32 PM

I think Nova's suggestions of not doing the swap is pretty reasonable.
Hope there will be lots of progress this month.
And listing in next exchange - cryptopia, might boost the price of SOJ.
This is the perfect time to buy for SOJ hodlers though.  Grin
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:09:06 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 11:42:16 PM by sojournagain

This is the perfect time to buy for SOJ hodlers though.  Grin
We decided to go with nova exchanges offer since they have experience with this kind of thing. This puts us on their timetable but I don't expect much of a delay. Cryptopia should come soon enough, however it is considerable more expensive to list there now compared to a few weeks ago. Seems they had a 150% price hike on listings. Once this fork is done we can get back on track with what we originally planned on doing with the service. Thanks for sticking with us everyone, we will do our best to make it worth your while.

serii141193

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:08:41 AM

I found what prevents us from Zpool.ca
when the difficulty decreases they start mine with about 15-20 ghs
because the difficulty increases so
ducphuc01hp

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:45:40 AM

We decided to go with nova exchanges offer since they have experience with this kind of thing. This puts us on their timetable but I don't expect much of a delay. Cryptopia should come soon enough, however it is considerable more expensive to list there now compared to a few weeks ago. Seems they had a 150% price hike on listings. Once this fork is done we can get back on track with what we originally planned on doing with the service. Thanks for sticking with us everyone, we will do our best to make it worth your while.

hey dev . I newbie here.

We are having a swapcoin ?
pthrmsor

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:31:03 PM

Hi, Any update on timetable from nova exchange or when the fork is going to happen. I have some coins in nova and some in web wallet. Should I transfer them to web wallet? From previous post, I learned coins in nova should be fine since, they are the ones doing hard fork. Am I right?
schmuddelkind

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:34:41 PM

Hi, Any update on timetable from nova exchange or when the fork is going to happen. I have some coins in nova and some in web wallet. Should I transfer them to web wallet? From previous post, I learned coins in nova should be fine since, they are the ones doing hard fork. Am I right?

You can keep your coins wherever you want, on your PC, in the online Wallet, on Nova. No problem at all. Just be sure that all transactions are done, before the "happening".
The actual Blockchain will be moved by hashpower, so that nobody is left behind and all transactions are filled. After that the coin will swap and everything is just like before, but better. This is how i understood it.
I am sure the dev is pretty busy right now.
sojournagain (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:20:58 PM

The original node for the old blockchain has been taken down and will be brought back tomorrow on the new blockchain. If you have issues connecting to the old network you should make a config file including the addnodes listed on thecryptochat block explorer, however we have plenty of nodes so I think we will be fine. Still waiting on nova exchange to setup the hard fork. Whenever they are ready, then we are ready.  Hopefully they can do it tomorrow. If it ends up being too much of a delay then we will just go ahead and fork and let them handle it after the fact, but hopefully that won't be the case.

AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:23:11 PM

I've looked into it and to list a coin on cryptopia costs roughly 1.8 BTC , and it's not worth it , considering bittrex charges 3 btc and the difference between them is through the roof.
Can we have other options than cryptopia ? That will not cost so much , or just wait a little , leave the coin on nova and with time to just put it on bittrex ?

GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:26:08 PM

I THINK AFTER THE BLOCKCHAIN GETS FIXED, A PUSH FOR POLONIEX WOULD BE RAD AS WELL.  I MEAN WHY NOT?
pthrmsor

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:34:19 PM

The original node for the old blockchain has been taken down and will be brought back tomorrow on the new blockchain. If you have issues connecting to the old network you should make a config file including the addnodes listed on thecryptochat block explorer, however we have plenty of nodes so I think we will be fine. Still waiting on nova exchange to setup the hard fork. Whenever they are ready, then we are ready.  Hopefully they can do it tomorrow. If it ends up being too much of a delay then we will just go ahead and fork and let them handle it after the fact, but hopefully that won't be the case.

thank you for quick response
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 05:46:40 PM

@sojournagain is one of the best devs out there. he knows what it means to communicate.
Is there a slackgroup or telegram group?
can someone please pm me a link.

In my opinion, getting listed on cryptopia should be the least of our priorities. The cost for listing is overly expensive.

Also, I have noticed that there are many important messages that provide information and answers to relevant questions form Sojournagain especially.
It will be a great idea to gather all of it and paste it on the OP on first page.
I have noticed from a few messages that there will either be a swap or fork soon. @sojournagain, please put together a nice message as announcement on website or OP about this

Lastly as a community of SOJ holders, you need to get active on social media in the name of SOJ. there is no better form of marketing than one from an active community.

Also, my advice to all of you is that dont sell too much of your SOJ, its about to see a massive spike in price. Disclaimer: Hold SOJ at your own risk
For me i am waiting to see SOJ in top 25 on coinmarketcap

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: