Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:41:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 273 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NYC] NEW YORK COIN at 2017 MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE IN NYC!  (Read 141006 times)
Coinmatic

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:52:37 AM

Guys, as a friendly notice, the reddit page of NYC is taking off. Contributors looking for coders, web designers and for help in any other way possible. Please take a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/NewYorkCoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mariusadrian

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:18:46 AM

Guys, as a friendly notice, the reddit page of NYC is taking off. Contributors looking for coders, web designers and for help in any other way possible. Please take a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/NewYorkCoin/

Indeed, a lot of hard work and progress is happening there. You should all check it and help as little as you can. Soon it will take off.
ihavenoname

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:32:07 AM

I looked at youtube videos on NYC to see what the general public says. This guy claims he's been tweeting about it and says in the description that he never received his promised coin reward. Is this true? Or is he making an error/failing to apply for them somehow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BPxJnEvz5Y
Coinmatic

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:09:59 AM

I looked at youtube videos on NYC to see what the general public says. This guy claims he's been tweeting about it and says in the description that he never received his promised coin reward. Is this true? Or is he making an error/failing to apply for them somehow?

I can't answer you question but I can tell you this. With the potential this coin has (if it succeeds) and the current price level, just buy some from Yobit. I understand that rewarding for promotion is normal but people can still deceive you and if you truly wanna invest in this coin so promote without waiting for a reward just like I do and many others as well Smiley.

P.S. I would advise you not to keep your coins on Yobiy but transfer it to your encrypted wallet on your laptop/pc. I have used Yobit without any problems but still you never know.

ihavenoname

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:42:22 AM

I can't answer you question but I can tell you this. With the potential this coin has (if it succeeds) and the current price level, just buy some from Yobit. I understand that rewarding for promotion is normal but people can still deceive you and if you truly wanna invest in this coin so promote without waiting for a reward just like I do and many others as well Smiley.

P.S. I would advise you not to keep your coins on Yobit but transfer it to your encrypted wallet on your laptop/pc. I have used Yobit without any problems but still you never know.

"I would advise you not to keep your coins on Yobit but transfer it to your encrypted wallet on your laptop/pc."

That's the main reason I suggested a video for non-computer geeks like myself. Those instructions for making the wallet...I'm lost at step 1.

Wouldn't it be nice if when you get the same questions here for the millionth time you could just paste the video link? If you want tons more traffic, that's what is needed. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with my ass hanging out and not liking it.
Crypto-Joe

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:50:14 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 12:22:52 PM by Crypto-Joe

What do you need to know?

If you want to add the blk0001.dat & blkindex.dat to the wallet folder in Windows to speed up syncing of the wallet;

Go to start > search > then copy/paste %appdata% in the box > click on roaming > find folder newyorkc > paste the 2 files

Advice: to be safe and able to restore your wallet if needed first close wallet & copy your wallet.dat file somewhere, preferably on a usb drive.

On startup the wallet will take some time to load the blockindex, if it seems like its not responding just leave it be...
After that your wallet will need some time to fully sync should take 1 or 2 hours or so I think.

NYC MINERS WALLET BLOCK/INDEX (Wallet from official NYC site)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mega Download, Miners Wallet Version v1.0.1.1-unk-beta only:
https://mega.nz/#!4aARmZRb!hsHfHRdsWfBKbmofv2aTPc2j5mQYn5EbsmgQdJLL6FM

Hope this helps...
ihavenoname

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:24:40 PM

If you want to add the blk0001.dat & blkindex.dat to the wallet folder in Windows to speed up syncing of the wallet;

Go to start > search > then copy/paste %appdata% in the box > click on roaming > find folder newyorkc > paste the 2 files

Advice: first copy your wallet.dat file somewhere, preferably on a usb drive.

Hope this helps...

Thanks, but if you could see that through my eyes you'd know it's all Greek, right after, "if you want to add.....".

I downloaded the first link from pages back but got stuck at "extract bla bla bla".

I know this seems obvious and simple to folks that know, but to those that don't it's impossible. I've never heard any of those terms and never created a single file. If I could see it it would be so easy. (extract, sync, files....dammit!)

I might send the instructions to my IT guy at work and have him show in person. This is why I believe a youtube video is necessary.

I'm a hairs breath from dumping it and giving up because of this. Very frustrating. You guys obviously have no idea how much business is skipping NYC because of this. If I have to figure it all out and make the video myself I'll be pissed! I mean....how lazy are the creators?!!!

Overlooking this is a serious failing IMO.
Crypto-Joe

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:27:45 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 01:31:58 PM by Crypto-Joe

How far did you get with installing the wallet? If your talking about extracting the blockindex, you can just extract it to any folder thats convenient for you then right click and select copy, go to the
the newyorkc folder in appdata>roaming and right click in the folder and select paste.
 Or alternatively from the window where you extracted the files click and select the files and drag the files to the open  newyorkc folder and click replace files.
ihavenoname

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:49:21 PM

How far did you get with installing the wallet? If your talking about extracting the blockindex, you can just extract it to any folder thats convenient for you then right click on copy, go to the
the newyorkc folder in appdata>roaming and right click in the folder and select paste

I'm going to reply to this and don't mean it sound rude, because I don't mean it that way and appreciate your effort, but I won't be trying any of it because none of it makes sense to me. Imagine I bought a computer last month and never used one previously. (Yet, I can take one completely apart and put it back together)

"How far did you get with installing the wallet?"

Downloading the first link.

"If your talking about extracting the blockindex, you can just extract it to any folder that's convenient for you"

Yeah, now I have a headache, lol. I've never extracted anything and where's the folders? lol.

"go to the the newyorkc folder in...."

Where in the love of God is that?

"in appdata>roaming and right click in the folder and select paste"

Oh there? Yeah...no. Like I said, it seems obvious to you because you know, when you don't following these things without seeing it, it's pretty much impossible. It reminds me of when someone first explained how to wire latching relays. It seemed so complicated, but once I did it I thought, "how obvious". I'll never forget that feeling and that's why I'm patient and understanding when teaching other people.

I'm going to do one of 2 things, dump it or have my IT show me. OR....Maybe the Coinami app will become available and make it a moot point. Yes?

ihavenoname

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:05:16 PM

I doubt you're going to hold my hand through a step by step instructional, but I took a look and found the file. When I open it, it says it's a wallet, but it's out of sync and now I get the pop up. Does that mean I've extracted it already?

I know if I go back a few pages there are 2 links to download and somehow put into folder and added to that other file? Which then needs to sync? Do I open a new folder somehow, name it something? Something.dat, etc.
Crypto-Joe

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:05:54 PM

Yes, you can wait for the Coinomi update, should be out soon.

No you shouldnt have to rename folders, if you have the wallet running you could just leave it for a couple of days to sync, thats what I did.

Patience is a virtue they say...

If you are talking about the newyorkc-qt.exe file you downloaded from the website there is nothing to extract. You download it, place it where you want it, can even be on your desktop and you run it.
ihavenoname

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:11:33 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 01:42:56 PM by ihavenoname

Yes, you can wait for the Coinomi update, should be out soon.

Ok, Thanks Crypto-Joe. I realize you were just being helpful and appreciate it.

In the meantime if I figure out the wallet first, I'm going to borrow a video camera and post it. But I will have a few choice words for people that run NYC for not doing this. I can only imagine how much business they've lost from not doing such an easy thing as making an instructional video.

BTW, this is me figuring it out....https://youtu.be/PQkGn9AI8ms
Coinmatic

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

WISH US LUCK AS I PUT IN A REQUEST FOR AN ARTICLE BY CNBC: https://www.reddit.com/r/NewYorkCoin/comments/7qbqc7/wish_us_luck_article_on_cnbc_requested/
racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:37:08 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 02:07:39 PM by racebyu

Advice: to be safe and able to restore your wallet if needed first close wallet & copy your wallet.dat file somewhere, preferably on a usb drive.

On startup the wallet will take some time to load the blockindex, if it seems like its not responding just leave it be...
After that your wallet will need some time to fully sync should take 1 or 2 hours or so I think.

NYC MINERS WALLET BLOCK/INDEX (Wallet from official NYC site)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mega Download, Miners Wallet Version v1.0.1.1-unk-beta only:
https://mega.nz/#!4aARmZRb!hsHfHRdsWfBKbmofv2aTPc2j5mQYn5EbsmgQdJLL6FM

Hope this helps...

I will update this with a new link to the current block/index for Jan 14th today so it will help people get sync'd much quicker.
shar007

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:09:00 PM

Just wondering since so many people have issues syncing the wallet. Can't one just store the coins in a cold storage like a paper wallet from below.
 https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/paperwallet/?currency=newyork#
NewYorkCoinMiner

Activity: 418
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:41:16 PM

An exhaustive email explaining NYC "roadmap" to the 'hype and scam' crowd. PLEASE READ.

Batuhan,

Please read this email very carefully a few times. No disrespect is intended. But you seem to be very good at helping with a pump. And that can be good, I guess. NYC is not a pump and dump. ATM's coming was not to create hysteria on penny stock forums to make the quick "100 bagger". NYC ATM's were published and promoted because they will be the next step in the progression of NYC and its accessibility and usability. By paying 2 BTC to Coinomi for their implementation of NYC onto their platform (in Nov 2017) that milestone for NewYorkCoin has/will enable full mobile access/usage of NYC worldwide. From core wallets and original code, NYC will now be able to be easily usable (both installing a wallet and send/receive coins). Coinomi in the past had published all of their bitcoinj libraries on github. Assuming once NYC was implemented on Coinomi, the bitcoinj library (created by an experienced Java developer) would now be available for NYC and BitTeller ATM's could be ordered. BitTeller needs the bitcoinj library to implement NYC on their ATM's. Sometime over the last few months, Coinomi decided to make their bitcoinj libraries private and not open-source (published and available on github for all to see/use). This missing bitcoinj is the only reason I am not personally placing NYC ATM's in stores across New York City this very second. I have HUGE DEMAND from every business owner contacted and local NYC supporters are getting same positive response. "NewYorkCoin" is not installing ATM's in New York City. Charlie is. And Batuhan will also be able to - if you so choose. And so will anybody else that pays $1,000-ish for the machine and negotiates placement. ANYONE. NYC is not an ICO with a whitepaper and roadmap. It is not a company. NYC is open-source code published on github.com/nycoin/nycoin. A "community" of worldwide enthusiasts are helping NYC along her journey to inevitable widescale adoption and usage. I run the website, so I get the pleasure of responding to all inquiries. Try sending Litecoin or better yet try sending Bitcoin these silly messages and see if one response is returned. NYC = LTC = BTC. Again, this is NOT an ICO with a "dream vision" of what someday will be created. NYC exists now. The network does exactly as advertised and you have literally discovered a MEGA-LOTTERY winning ticket before most others have. NYC is growing its dev team at reddit.com/r/NewYorkCoin spearheaded by an experienced crypto dev bshaw2019 (Brandon Shaw). Brandon and his team are working on an Electrum wallet for NYC (search 'Electrum-NYC' at subreddit) and have started creating the bitcoinj library for NYC. Coinomi wanted another 2 BTC to provide us this bitcoinj library and I felt those additional funds would be more wisely spent on getting NYC listed on more exchanges and opening The New York Coin Center in Manhattan as soon as possible. I have terms out to landlord for the space attached. No guarantees I'll get this one, although I really want it, but sometime this year I WILL SIGN A LEASE for The New York Coin Center. And it will most likely have an NYC ATM Smiley Considering it's mid-month, and I am relying on bitcoinj library, NYC ATM's will not likely be installed in January. If your followers want NYC ATM's sooner, have them create or hire someone to create an open-source newyorkcoinj library and publish it on github for community review. Other than that, there is NOTHING any of us can do until bitcoinj is created (for ATM roll-out). Once a lease is signed for The New York Coin Center, it will be published at nycoin.net and that will cause the hype and pump and scam alarms to be ringing off the hook (and you'll have the time of your life!). But in the meantime PLEASE DO NOT continue to email me about getting free coins or asking NYC to get listed on more exchanges or when the ATM's are coming. Once ANYONE knows the real answers to those questions, they will be published on nycoin.net (and likely all the social media outlets). I hope you can see after this exhaustive email, that you have not found a scam or a pump and dump but have stumbled upon, in my personal opinion, the most usable cryptocurrency in existence. A crypto that has the ability to replace a $500B/yr industry (worldwide remittance) and is currently valued by the market at $26M. And the fact that NYC can eliminate merchant fees for credit card terminals/acceptance at merchants worldwide. This is not a penny stock that has absolutely zero value and is all hype. NYC has all real value and it exists NOW. Market price is simply a market inefficiency at this point in time. This will not continue for much longer. It simply can't. You are able to benefit from this market inefficiency. Once the market catches up to NYC, it will be valued in the Billions. It's not hype, it's inevitable. Free worldwide money transfer + usable at retail level worldwide + very easy low cost mining = NYC can't be beat. Or ignored for much longer. Spread the word. Ignore the haters. Stay focused. And NYC will make you (and whoever else picks them up anywhere near this price) very very rich. That's not a roadmap. That's a guarantee!

Best regards, Charlie
mhyde71

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:35:27 PM

i am in vermont

is there anything i can do at my business to help??

have NYC-ATM here at our shop, or something??

i own powder coating shop in Vermont- we get customers in/out from obviously up here mostly- but there is a couple guys that have boutiques in Brooklyn that come through here.

anything i do to help- id like to be in the program
uracrew

Activity: 114

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:37:31 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 05:53:43 PM by uracrew

WHO IS CHARLIE???
Community! Need to inform you, that at this moment I HAVE NOT RECEIVED BOUNTY FOR 2 TRANSLATIONS OF NYC SITE!!!
I done my investigation about NYC and I have fact about who Charlie really is and what is really happening to NYC. Someone will be shocked, someone will just laugh of this. I give 24 hours for Charlie to contact me or I will write a huge post with all the truth about NYC. https://archive.org/web/ remember everything... Wink Charlie, I will erase this post if you will contact me, but please - contact me ASAP to solve unfinished questions!!!
fortune-gold

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:51:42 PM

An exhaustive email explaining NYC "roadmap" to the 'hype and scam' crowd. PLEASE READ.

Batuhan,

Please read this email very carefully a few times. No disrespect is intended. But you seem to be very good at helping with a pump. And that can be good, I guess. NYC is not a pump and dump. ATM's coming was not to create hysteria on penny stock forums to make the quick "100 bagger". NYC ATM's were published and promoted because they will be the next step in the progression of NYC and its accessibility and usability. By paying 2 BTC to Coinomi for their implementation of NYC onto their platform (in Nov 2017) that milestone for NewYorkCoin has/will enable full mobile access/usage of NYC worldwide. From core wallets and original code, NYC will now be able to be easily usable (both installing a wallet and send/receive coins). Coinomi in the past had published all of their bitcoinj libraries on github. Assuming once NYC was implemented on Coinomi, the bitcoinj library (created by an experienced Java developer) would now be available for NYC and BitTeller ATM's could be ordered. BitTeller needs the bitcoinj library to implement NYC on their ATM's. Sometime over the last few months, Coinomi decided to make their bitcoinj libraries private and not open-source (published and available on github for all to see/use). This missing bitcoinj is the only reason I am not personally placing NYC ATM's in stores across New York City this very second. I have HUGE DEMAND from every business owner contacted and local NYC supporters are getting same positive response. "NewYorkCoin" is not installing ATM's in New York City. Charlie is. And Batuhan will also be able to - if you so choose. And so will anybody else that pays $1,000-ish for the machine and negotiates placement. ANYONE. NYC is not an ICO with a whitepaper and roadmap. It is not a company. NYC is open-source code published on github.com/nycoin/nycoin. A "community" of worldwide enthusiasts are helping NYC along her journey to inevitable widescale adoption and usage. I run the website, so I get the pleasure of responding to all inquiries. Try sending Litecoin or better yet try sending Bitcoin these silly messages and see if one response is returned. NYC = LTC = BTC. Again, this is NOT an ICO with a "dream vision" of what someday will be created. NYC exists now. The network does exactly as advertised and you have literally discovered a MEGA-LOTTERY winning ticket before most others have. NYC is growing its dev team at reddit.com/r/NewYorkCoin spearheaded by an experienced crypto dev bshaw2019 (Brandon Shaw). Brandon and his team are working on an Electrum wallet for NYC (search 'Electrum-NYC' at subreddit) and have started creating the bitcoinj library for NYC. Coinomi wanted another 2 BTC to provide us this bitcoinj library and I felt those additional funds would be more wisely spent on getting NYC listed on more exchanges and opening The New York Coin Center in Manhattan as soon as possible. I have terms out to landlord for the space attached. No guarantees I'll get this one, although I really want it, but sometime this year I WILL SIGN A LEASE for The New York Coin Center. And it will most likely have an NYC ATM Smiley Considering it's mid-month, and I am relying on bitcoinj library, NYC ATM's will not likely be installed in January. If your followers want NYC ATM's sooner, have them create or hire someone to create an open-source newyorkcoinj library and publish it on github for community review. Other than that, there is NOTHING any of us can do until bitcoinj is created (for ATM roll-out). Once a lease is signed for The New York Coin Center, it will be published at nycoin.net and that will cause the hype and pump and scam alarms to be ringing off the hook (and you'll have the time of your life!). But in the meantime PLEASE DO NOT continue to email me about getting free coins or asking NYC to get listed on more exchanges or when the ATM's are coming. Once ANYONE knows the real answers to those questions, they will be published on nycoin.net (and likely all the social media outlets). I hope you can see after this exhaustive email, that you have not found a scam or a pump and dump but have stumbled upon, in my personal opinion, the most usable cryptocurrency in existence. A crypto that has the ability to replace a $500B/yr industry (worldwide remittance) and is currently valued by the market at $26M. And the fact that NYC can eliminate merchant fees for credit card terminals/acceptance at merchants worldwide. This is not a penny stock that has absolutely zero value and is all hype. NYC has all real value and it exists NOW. Market price is simply a market inefficiency at this point in time. This will not continue for much longer. It simply can't. You are able to benefit from this market inefficiency. Once the market catches up to NYC, it will be valued in the Billions. It's not hype, it's inevitable. Free worldwide money transfer + usable at retail level worldwide + very easy low cost mining = NYC can't be beat. Or ignored for much longer. Spread the word. Ignore the haters. Stay focused. And NYC will make you (and whoever else picks them up anywhere near this price) very very rich. That's not a roadmap. That's a guarantee!

Best regards, Charlie

congratulations on your work

on hold
patience
objective
determination
result
here is the real success
racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:21:13 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 07:02:57 PM by racebyu

Current Block and Block Index Jan 14, 2018 for wallet downloaded from official NYC website.

Typical download time for wallet to sync on a new install is around 3-5 days so this will help
speed up for people and allow they to sync faster.

Download the zip file, contaiins blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat Jan 14, 2018
Close NYC wallet
Unzip and install files in NYC folder in Windows AppData/Newyorkc directory (where you put your newyorkc.conf file)
Allow to overwrite the original files
Open NYC wallet and allow to index, this may take minutes to a hour or more depending on computer speed.
Your wallet will then download the final blocks to date and be sync'd.

Mega Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!MOoj2aQJ!g4mop-BKsA4YdzHI_0qf_ydL1oXQ1UoaofcS9uYRrjA
File size is large at 2.23Gb!

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 273 »
  Print  

Jump to: