Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:00:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i get my bitcoin back?  (Read 2878 times)
floresjonathan123

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

A friend of mine had some Bitcoin on his phone a couple of years ago and he's lost that phone which stored the private keys on without any other backup. We can see his balance on the blockchain and he knows his password for the private keys. Is there a way of creating the private key from the bitcoin address and the known password?
It's the keys duty to open up your treasure chest (wallet). And if you lost the keys there's no way to open it for you mate. The only possible way to recover those bitcoins is when you had recovered the phone and check the private keys and restore your wallet.
Ferry22

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:24:47 AM

I do not think there will be any way to recover your lost friends Bitcoin, maybe it is your friend's misfortune. this is a lesson for us, that we must save the privat key of our wallet, just in case of loss or our Smartphone is damaged.
yudif

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:28:31 AM

He lost 0.58 so nothing major, he can still see the balance on the blockchain so he no doubt he'll be watching that balance grow in the future, he remembers it was worth around $110 at the time.

Wow, it was not major at the time you mentioned but with current rates it is about $6000 and I will not be surprised if it is worth $100000 in next 5 years. This can be really depressing for your friend. I suggest him to stop seeing the progress of that money as it will make him sad only. He should better start making new investments and watch them grow. He will not get much for $110 now but he can contribute each month and then all of it will add up.
Cocojam0610
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

FILIPINO TRANSLATOR

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:32:14 AM

I'm sorry mate but there's no other way to open that wallet again. The private key is the main opener for every wallet whether it's ethereum or other cryptos. He should take care of it before.

Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

It will be so hard to really retrieve that not unless your friend had the private key. This is the main reason why we should be having backup of keys to avoid problems like this. Bitcoin is anonymous in nature and there is no way of retrieving it using KYC option unlike in most online money transfers where they have a system. Unfortunately bitocoin is not this type so its a bit risky to lost millions in this example.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:40:43 AM

This is one of the bitcoin problems. Often we criticize the fiat currency but such a problem could never happen with a sum deposited in a bank account or payment card.
gohan21

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:54:24 AM

your bitcoin can no longer be restored because your friend lost his or her private key if you did not lose your private key so you could still return your bitcoin to you.
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:57:06 AM

You can not get anything back because this system works without managers and other support.
Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:57:32 AM

A friend of mine had some Bitcoin on his phone a couple of years ago and he's lost that phone which stored the private keys on without any other backup. We can see his balance on the blockchain and he knows his password for the private keys. Is there a way of creating the private key from the bitcoin address and the known password?

So sad that he can't recover his bitcoin because he lost the private key. Private key is the very important to remember,if you lost it you will lost your wealth. It's shame he lost that coins which is very valuable at this moment since the year it was created. This will be a lesson for everyone here in crypto world that be careful with our password and private key because we are the only liable for it. We are the only care taker of our own wallet/wealth.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:28:19 PM

i dont think its can be recover, yeah im also lost some wallets that i use several years ago. this technology is very safe and anonymous, you can look at the address that very complicated, its like a code you can't remember it with your head. and finally in fact, that this is the consequence when we forget and leave bitcoin some time ago, your old bitcoin account will not remember and leave you either. LMAO just move on dude, create a new one if you really interested with cryptocurrency life.
Premooooo

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:45:44 PM

your bitcoin will not be restored to you especially if your friend loses the private key if you have a private key you can still recover your bitcoin.
dionisi

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:04:57 PM

No , your friend will not get it back. Treat it is a lesson and save all the information properly for future investments. Especially, in case of new coins which are cheap and thus you may become careless with precautions.
aleksej.rozhkov

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:20:33 PM

It seems to me now there is no sense in doing something because getting bitcoin back is on the verge of reality. And if you made a mistake you did not correctly indicate one figure in your wallet so it's all a loss.
Scarlet_Johanson

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:59:13 PM

I sure you lost all your BTC Cheesy
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 02:21:33 PM

I'm afraid the only way to recover Bitcoins from and address is by the private key itself. If the password you're referring to is of an exchange app, I suggest contacting the app/company about it so that they can give you the private key or the Bitcoins.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
Steavenson19

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:07:50 AM

Sorry to say, but you've lost your Bitcoin. Be careful the next time. Only possibility of getting back your bitcoin is for someone to found your private key which is very important and nothing else.
rudito

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:34:52 AM

Can't, your friend must be willing to lose the bitcoin he has forever. The private key is the most important and keep it in the safest place.
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:43:56 PM

You can find out the wallet address if you have a private key but on the contrary it's impossible. If you can find a cellphone or backup either on your computer or on a cloud storage account. You can recover your funds through that method. Make sure you can maintain a safe backup of your cellphone wallet to avoid such conditions in the future. Cool
Joyawan13

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

elysian.finance

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:07:57 PM

You can find out the wallet address if you have a private key but on the contrary it's impossible. If you can find a cellphone or backup either on your computer or on a cloud storage account. You can recover your funds through that method. Make sure you can maintain a safe backup of your cellphone wallet to avoid such conditions in the future. Cool
This is what must be used as a lesson and experience of course, to be able to always maintain and make a backup key of our wallet to avoid things like this, because when we lose the key or forget and lose our cellphone, of course it will be difficult for us to get our assets again.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:15:52 PM

This is what must be used as a lesson and experience of course, to be able to always maintain and make a backup key of our wallet to avoid things like this, because when we lose the key or forget and lose our cellphone, of course it will be difficult for us to get our assets again.
well, this can only be used as learning for the future. I was convinced that it was very difficult to restore, and even I had never heard of anyone ever taking back the BTC he had when he lost his private key.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████