Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Kevin, here's my side.  (Read 258502 times)
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:03:16 AM

Kevin, after what Mt Gox did in the "their side" thread to try and CONNECT YOU with the hacker, I sure as hell hope you file that injunction.
I sure hope too, will make it easier for us.

OH SNAP! IT'S ON NOW SON!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:04:32 AM

Kevin, after what Mt Gox did in the "their side" thread to try and CONNECT YOU with the hacker, I sure as hell hope you file that injunction.

Agreed. It's ON!

There is and will be, and should be a full on WAR!
I would fight for that $5 Million dollars, Kevin, because you might get it, if Mt Gox is found to have tried to breach themselves and then blame you or some shadowy nobody. Especially if that 500,000 bitcoin account belonged to them to begin with. Fuck them, until they prove something useful.

If I were in the right, and this was happening to me, i'd sue for the current value of the 250,000 bitcoins, simple and final.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:05:03 AM

now wait just a damn minute...

mods - has the OP been edited?

see post #10.  i seem to recall that originally, the OP declared that he had a standing order at 0.01, but was worried it would get eaten up by other orders at the same level - so he changed it to 0.0101.

is that not the case?
Phil21

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:07:29 AM

Wow.  You really are a dbag.  You have specific personal knowledge given to you that Kevin is NOT involved with this, and you post this.  Very interesting.
gigitrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:07:57 AM

You did business with MTGox. It's such an extraordinary event, that MTGox themselves are the ones who get to make any decisions in this matter. The market will reward or punish their choice. Personally I think MtGox is in the right in this instance.
epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:09:06 AM

OH SNAP! IT'S ON NOW SON!

+1
radracer

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:11:08 AM

wtf is this supposed to mean?  kevin has been nothing but up front about everything.   this response is gross as hell.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:12:19 AM

L
O
L

This is the team holding millions of dollars worth of our capital?

God I love Bitcoin.  We should have our own reality show.
Batouzo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:13:03 AM

You did business with MTGox. It's such an extraordinary event, that MTGox themselves are the ones who get to make any decisions in this matter. The market will reward or punish their choice. Personally I think MtGox is in the right in this instance.

Reverting might be the lesser evil for some, of course ideally the exchanger would eat the bullet, revert and let the low-price-sellers profit - repay them from own pocket.

Getting FBI/CIA involved by giving them logs is not something that users of free, libertarian, bettern-then-government "money" system would love too much I guess.

Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:16:22 AM

Hey, I was doing something social or playing outside when the shit hit the fan.  Who can I sue to get hooked up with some phat 0.001 bitcoin action?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 12:19:30 AM

If, as you believe, this 500,000 coin selloff, was a legitimate selloff, and was NOT due to theft (the only reason you may be legally entitled to keep your bitcoin), then it's likely that after the rollback, this seller will just sell their money again. So, put in a few more orders at 0.0101, and wait for another windfall. If the money WAS stolen, well then...
Batouzo

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:20:04 AM

do you imbeciles honestly think that abusing a security breach to get millions of dollars in assets is fair?

that's like watching a terrorist blow a hole in fort knox and stealing half the gold then pleading that it's fair!!

Really? To me it is more like watching group of man running from one side of market to another, and later buying some cheap used cellphones nearby seeing how there are tons of sell-offs.
You may be surprised about the prices, but actually this place is known for incredible price swings and unbelievable occasions.

Sure this looks sort of suspicious, but do we have independent "people's currency" to:
- make verdicts based on total speculation (at time of writing this post: coincidental close login times of hackers and the person that was able to made the cheap buy
- leak logs to hackers and Internet
- hand over logs to CIA/FBI

I may like mtgox (more until inexcusable horrible security was revealed), but above is really bad imo.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:23:26 AM

I just wished someone on the other side of the table would say something. This actually points to a single account getting compromised, or the wallet itself. How can there be so many crying "ahhh, but I thought I was going to get rich. I didn't know it was stolen, honest..." and no one stating the reverse side of the coin?

Maybe noone noticed yet, and with the reversed transactions never will, but just imaging all your coins had been sold for $0.01 a piece... you could argue that it was mtgox fault, sure, but how would you feel about the guy that knowing something fishy was going on still bought them (I would) and then, when shit hits the fan, throws a public fit because he might have to give the stolen coins back? I know, it sucks to not be freakin' rich anymore, but just imagine your however many k's of coins got sold as a result of a security breach, the site owner had the option to revert these abusive transactions but instead throws in the towel and says "tough luck, I'm out" ?
Phil21

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:23:53 AM

This may (or may not) be my last reply on this matter.  It is now a legal issue, unfortunately.  I'd like to point out Kevin made every attempt to avoid this and set things right.

I'd imagine Kevin may be scarce either now, or very soon as well.  Remember directly publicly accusing someone of a felony, generally causes them to lawyer up if they have any intelligence whatsoever.

MT - I used to think you were simply an amateur operating out of his depth.  Now I fear something far worse is afoot.

Hopefully the truth comes out soon.

Otherwise, good luck to everyone who has money riding on this - I hope you can afford to lose it Sad  I know I'm likely out a thousand or so myself.

-Phil
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 12:29:14 AM

Kevin, this isn't something that can be decided with forum posts. Get a lawyer and keep your mouth shut in public.

this ^

you can't seriously thing that you'll get the 250k or parts of it by making a forum post, do you?
there is nothing to gain, but there is 643 BTC to loose in case MtGox demands those back and you are making public statements here.

And if he refuses to give them back??? What are they going to do, sue him? How did any of us know it was a hack. As I stated, there were many forum posts right HERE talking about the "major selloff". People thought Satoshi was getting out and dumping. 90 percent of you would have bought at .01 if you could have. SO Mt Gox should get their coins back bcause they allowed themselves to be compromised?

Someone gets their wallet stolen and the prevailing attitude here is "oh well, should have been more careful", but a site trusted with our financial resources allows themselves to be hacked, and everyone feels bad for them?

Don't be surprised. Mt.Gox is the bitcoin equivalent of a liked social institution -everyone has a stake in it and they are going to protect it. But when something like this happens to an individual they're going to say "tough luck.." Double standards are everywhere. It's human nature.

Batouzo

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:29:50 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2011, 12:41:55 AM by Batouzo

Really? To me it is more like watch group of man running from one side of market to another, and later buying some cheap used cellphones nearby seeing how there are tons of sell-offs.
because someone definitely implanted a mindcontrol chip in their brains to force them to sell

No, just the phones had really low sticker prices on them, and the selling system is fully automated.

As I customer I don't give a fuck who's fault is it that some phones where allowed to be moved into other part of the shop, or between shops or something - especially that the same System/Person is responsible for allowing the initial steal and later trading of it.

EDITED (appended):

Btw. nice example with the mindcontroll chip.
But here the obviously fraudulent operation of taking over accounts was connected to unknown operations - buy and sell orders, some of them legit, some not, we will never know for sure.

I guess I would also rollback in place of mtgox, but what is the right thing to do is to eat the bullet and repay everyone. But that is nor possible probably since mtgox would need to have around 400,000 USD or so liquidity.

Or perhaps settle with the buyer, and slowly repay him over next 10 years using 5% monthly profit or something, and be known as the most trusted exchange ever that will always eat the bullet and never let down any customers about transactions Smiley  (yea but its unrealistic..)

Rhydic

Activity: 14

View Profile
b
June 21, 2011, 12:34:33 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 05:18:09 AM by Rhydic

b
josell

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:35:14 AM

I don't know about who have the right on these bitcoins, however,

No one cares about the innocent users affected by this situation?

Hellllooooo... This is about MONEY; the measure of work of many people.

Thank GOD my account was empty.
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:35:45 AM

Kevin,

I think your just motivated by the greed, so to make it easier for everyone (especially yourself), take your 654 or whatever BTC and just walk away.
Call it a day and Go enjoy your 7000$ profit, and let BTC continue fixing its bugs and getting better.
Youre holding up the parade.  Wouldnt you like to be known as the giant hearted guy that did the right thing?  The Karma is gonna be enormous brah!
Think of the ladies. They love that kind of hero stuff.

good on ya in advance for heeding this advice,  Wink
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:40:39 AM

I think you better file suit, Kevin, or you are going to look like the hacker in everyone's eyes, maybe even my own.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: