Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 02:17:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OmiseGo  (Read 206842 times)
jamesdean35

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:04:12 AM

Cryptocurrency enthusiasts around the world have been showing a lot of love for OmiseGo lately. This may have something to do with how the token is abbreviated to OMG, which is fun. OmiseGO is an interesting, albeit ambitious project that aims to bank the unbanked by using Ethereum-based financial technology. Now is as good a time as any to delve deeper into this project.

OmiseGO is not the only project seeking to bank the unbanked using cryptocurrency technology. A lot of startups have been doing the exact same thing, including some of the recent successful cryptocurrency ICO projects. There will be fierce competition in this particular industry, which is both good and bad at the same time. It puts a lot of pressure on all teams working toward this goal, yet very few if any of them may actually succeed. Whether or not OmiseGO will do so remains to be seen.

The project itself is set up in a rather interesting way. OmiseGO uses public Ethereum-based financial technology so it can be used in traditional digital wallets. The team aims to enable real-time P2P value exchanges and payment services. All of this will be done on a global scale, rather than through localized efforts. Furthermore, the project will focus on both fiat currencies and decentralized currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others.

Bringing financial inclusion to the unbanked population is not easy. This is not due to a shortage of people, as there are nearly 2 billion unbanked individuals on the planet today. In most cases, that situation arose from existing problems such as individuals lacking access to birth certificates or an income. However, not everyone wishes to be included in the financial system either. A lot of people value the concept of living off the grid and not relying on global financial services.

There is also a fundamental problem in the traditional financial world. Not only are services somewhat subject to privileges for the middle class, there is also a severe lack of communication and coordination between service providers. According to the OmiseGO team, using a decentralized exchange on a public blockchain may alleviate a lot of those concerns. In their mind, anyone should be able to access any type of financial transaction in a decentralized and affordable manner. Its entire ecosystem will also remain hooked into the Ethereum mainnet.

In addition, there is also an OmiseGo white label wallet SDK to be taken advantage of. This project should allow for convenient integration of payment solutions on the network in the future. Digital wallets have slowly been gaining traction all over the world, and this project is looking to capitalize on that momentum. It will also create new opportunities for wallet service providers to focus on exchanging decentralized currencies and fiat money through its network.

The popularity of OmiseGo is currently on the rise. Although it is possible this is merely the result of someone artificially pumping the OMG price, the token sees a fair amount of trading volume. Right now, one OMG is valued at $3.03, which is quite a high value considering there are nearly 100 million tokens in circulation. There are over 140 million tokens in total. It is an intriguing project to keep an eye on, although one should never be fooled by initial success.

when i read you i realised that i have to sell my house and buy omg.i think i ll do it:D

Dazedconfused11

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:04:17 AM

I think this is a winning coin. Smiley I just gotta coop some before it blows up and folks are all over it Tongue I don't quite understand the distribution but I think their dev team alone is worth betting on.

lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:08:42 PM

I think this is a winning coin. Smiley I just gotta coop some before it blows up and folks are all over it Tongue I don't quite understand the distribution but I think their dev team alone is worth betting on.

Lots of factors for being optimistic about OmiseGO. Time will tell though Wink
So far it's going good Cheesy

toonwer

Activity: 219

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:46:40 PM

Already have some omg. But how do you think its not too late to invest?
iCoinWatch

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:14:18 PM

This team is absolutely brilliant. They raised $25 million, but guess when they raised it. Right before the huge sell off in ETH.

Giving out x amount of OMG isn't going to make up for the amount of money you're going to lose with ETH. Even more so when people dump the free OMG.
FutureC0in

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

If your investment horizon is medium term, this should give you better profit.
facenew111

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:59:42 PM

This team is absolutely brilliant. They raised $25 million, but guess when they raised it. Right before the huge sell off in ETH.

Giving out x amount of OMG isn't going to make up for the amount of money you're going to lose with ETH. Even more so when people dump the free OMG.

you said like omg is scam coin.  I accept that they do not have any product right now. I still wonder why price up 500%
krizniq

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:01:26 PM

can somebody give me a hand about how wallet for it is working?
i do have myetherwallet but i don't see any omg there... or i just sent it to eth wallet? or ...?

thanks Wink

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
iCoinWatch

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:59:31 PM

If your investment horizon is medium term, this should give you better profit.

But you'll lose a lot more money from the ETH price dropping. All their doing is trying to unload their ETH, last time I did the math you'll be gaining 28 cents for every ETH you own.

So they can unload 25 million worth of ETH.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:34:23 PM

can somebody give me a hand about how wallet for it is working?
i do have myetherwallet but i don't see any omg there... or i just sent it to eth wallet? or ...?

thanks Wink

If you bought some OMG in exchange, you can send it directly to your ETH adress.

Using myetherwallet is good idea Smiley

krizniq

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:01:47 PM

yes i did..

and how then will be clear that from ETH wallet will be sent OMG back to exchange?
I'm  not yet familiar with this technology as I'm oldfashioned bitcoiner Tongue

Thanks!

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
atulvatsa

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:10:05 PM

OmiseGo (OMG) is now available at CoinSwitch. Please visit: https://www.coinswitch.co/exchange/btc/omg/0.1 to buy OMG.

Buy more than 100 cryptocurrencies at best rates from CoinSwitch. Visit https://www.coinswitch.co
dennyd999

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

yes i did..

and how then will be clear that from ETH wallet will be sent OMG back to exchange?
I'm  not yet familiar with this technology as I'm oldfashioned bitcoiner Tongue

Thanks!

When sending from myetherwallet it will give you an option to send OMG (you will see it) nothing of extraordinary dificulties. To send OMG you need ETH on your balance. Depending on how much OMG you need to send..

if you do not have some ETH it is now good time to buy it, because Bitstamp (largest exchange will add it very soon)

krizniq

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:34:08 PM

yes i did..

Thanks!

When sending from myetherwallet it will give you an option to send OMG (you will see it) nothing of extraordinary dificulties. To send OMG you need ETH on your balance. Depending on how much OMG you need to send..

if you do not have some ETH it is now good time to buy it, because Bitstamp (largest exchange will add it very soon)

bit confused, so I have to have ETH in that wallet as well with OMG tokens? how much? 0.1?
means I have to buy ETH sent them to that wallet and then sent OMG there?

sorry to bother Smiley

dennyd999

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:41:29 PM

yes i did..

Thanks!

bit confused, so I have to have ETH in that wallet as well with OMG tokens? how much? 0.1?

sorry to bother Smiley

You can buy OMG and keep them in your wallet, but if you want to send them from wallet. Yes you need ETH to pay for transaction.

I think 0.1 will be enough but you better to check when you will have OMG on your wallet, how much will be transaction cost. Because it depends on how much you send.

krizniq

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:45:51 PM

yes i did..

Thanks!

sorry to bother Smiley

You can buy OMG and keep them in your wallet, but if you want to send them from wallet. Yes you need ETH to pay for transaction.

I think 0.1 will be enough but you better to check when you will have OMG on your wallet, how much will be transaction cost. Because it depends on how much you send.

got it, thanks mate!

RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:58:57 PM

Vitalik will push it to 10 Dollars
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:06:55 PM

What a great day for OmiseGO Cool
Marketcap has gone to the MOON, and brought lots of attention to the project Cheesy
dennyd999

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:25:36 PM

True. Today at Tokyo meetup we was witnessing how OmiseGo will be the first ETH token in Plasma project.

Operated on PoS and integrated in Ethereum mainnet it would be possible to send potentialy billions transaction per seconds.
Including Omise offices in Pacific Asia (today opened new in Singapore) it is very promising indeed. Hopefully in the middle of 2018 I could send money from Zurich to Tokyo using OMG office.

"Plasma is a proposed framework for incentivized and enforced execution of smart contracts which is scalable to a significant amount of state updates per second (potentially billions) enabling the blockchain to be able to represent a significant amount of decentralized financial applications worldwide. These smart contracts are incentivized to continue operation autonomously via network transaction fees, which is ultimately reliant upon the underlying blockchain (e.g. Ethereum) to enforce transactional state transitions."
SSend3r

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:30:47 PM

I think over 15$ to kill ETC...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: