Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i trust EtherDelta with my Private Keys ?  (Read 11015 times)
truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:13:37 PM

I have used Etherdelta quite a bit and have had very few problems so far until now.  You can trust it with your private keys and absolutely assured of its safety.
KKbit

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:14:30 PM

I can stand up for etherdelta to. Never had a single problem with them in terms of security and fund processing. We can try and talk about the exchange functionality, which many will agree it's not one of the easiests to work with because it's not a friendly UI, but in terms of transparency and customer support they are very good and fast.

Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:22:06 PM

Hello,

I wanted to try etherdelta to trade my tokens.

Can i trust etherdelta with my Private keys ?

Private key is required in etherdelta to input your wallet balance into the trading site. It's secured so you don't need to worry. I've used etherdelta a lot before, and I haven't had any problems. However, make sure to secure your private key when using it on other sites. I think the only reason for you to give your private key is when you're going to trade and it's required to check your ether wallet balance.
caeles

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:52:32 PM

Etherdelta was used by many traders and all of them entered their private keys and almost all of them does not lost any coins. Also, it was trusted by many traders so I think it is safe.

VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:13:10 AM

Have traded multiple coins on etherdelta, never had a problem. Transaction fees aren't bad as long as you're making a good profit with every sell anyways - just save up until you do a big sell off and it will work out.
EEE14

Activity: 104

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:22:33 AM

Etherdelta always save.But There are problems due to many fake sites. Some people make a mistake by giving private key to the site. Then they are hacked. I always trade in Etherdelta.So be careful
Merptastic

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:36:11 AM

Etherdelta always save.But There are problems due to many fake sites. Some people make a mistake by giving private key to the site. Then they are hacked. I always trade in Etherdelta.So be careful

Yea, Etherdelta had some phishing issues before so make sure that you are on the correct site before entering those information.
HARRYscotter

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:41:31 AM

I have used it for a very long time and never had a problem there until now. One day I had a missing amount,  because there was a bid I had forgoten (my fault) and contacted their support that told me in a few minutes where I had the forgotten bid. As for the keys zero problems.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:03:18 AM

I do not know what set up Etherdelta has in place but the no.1 rule in the cryptospace is you do not trust any 3rd party with your private keys. That is it. No whys, no buts.

When you send your coins to an exchange is like trusting a 3rd party with your private key, since you money when it's on the exchange is controlled by the exchange's private keys.
So the point id HOW MUCH coins are you willing to risk trusting ANY exchange, be it Polo or Bittrex or Ether delta? Therefore be sure if you have to share your private keys that you don't have in that wallet more than you can afford to lose if things get suddenly nasty and the exchange's owner goes for the already many time seen exit scam.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:02:12 AM

It all depends on us, we should be able to distinguish where the wallet is used for public or privacy, never share the wallet that we use to save the amount with a large amount, other than that we never save the private key on the computer, better keep it on paper.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:40:55 AM

I have nebwr sell on ED i don't trust them a bit why my private key.  It's private key not public key.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:47:56 AM

It is your own decision to make because using etherdelta   as an exchanger you must import your account from MEW. It is mandatory so if you are scared then try using other exchangers where importation of PKeys are not needed.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:19:18 AM

Yes you can trust Etherdelta with your private keys but you always have to make sure that you are always logging in to the correct website because there are a lot of phishing sites going around lately and it looks like the real thing. Bookmark the site if you must and double check always when you log in.
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:31:56 AM

No exchange is safe... Look what happened to the big boy exchanges over the time crypro has been alive... Mtgox being one of the worst... Etherdelta can be the same or any exchange can go the same way becuase remember they ultimately hold your private keys anyways.

But that being said etherdelta has one crap exchange. So slow to load, looks like junk, arrggg i get annoyed when trying to trade on it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
rubikz

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:33:53 AM

Lots of positive reviews for this trading site. I plan on importing my wallet to etherdelta but quite hesitant to share sensitive information such as my private keys.

javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:13:18 AM

In my opinion it's better to not enter your private key in any website such as etherdelta. I personally use etherdelta. But I always send my coins from another address to it, trade and immediately move it.
oualid

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:20:41 AM

Yes, you can trust it's a platform
Cixboy61

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:21:08 AM

Yes you can trust them and this way is more useful to deposit or withdraw your coins.
But you can be careful about same but different domains such as ettherdelta or etherdellta etc.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     A N T E X     / // ///     MULTI-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED PROTOCOLS & SERVICES     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Telegram Group     >     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Whitepaper     <     Telegram Channel
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trunghieu250688

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:17:44 AM

Where did you keep Private key?
I think it is very easy to hack. There is no Google Author for Ether Delta
Anthony1985

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:19:27 AM

I use it as well but I have to admit that I don't like the fact that they know your private keys
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: