Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:04:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i trust EtherDelta with my Private Keys ?  (Read 11017 times)
SaikiranChotu

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:54:02 AM

Etherdelta is a safe exchange and moreover it is a decentralized exchange.
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 10:57:48 AM

as long as you accessed the correct URL https://etherdelta.com it's gonna be safe. Lately, there are many fake website which copycats the etherdelta site. So, once again, make sure you check your url while start trading at etherdelta.

disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:00:28 AM

well it was always the first rule in crypto : do not trust your private keys to anyone.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:00:58 AM

Hello,

I wanted to try etherdelta to trade my tokens.

Can i trust etherdelta with my Private keys ?
Yes, as far as i understand they didn't store your private key in their server but in your local browser so it is safe to enter your private key as long as it's the correct site not some phising one. I've used it probably 3 times and i never encountered any problem. The interface is a but weird at the start but one you used to it it is easy to use.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JHED1221

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:04:37 AM

Yes but check the site, dont enter pk if the link is suspicious

5b0f36bf3df41
wavespump

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:19:22 AM

Don't give any site your private key, you can use metamask google plugin, and log in with the 12 phrases, so you can use ED securely, don't forget to protect your private key and password safely.
Loopylew113

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:24:25 AM

One of my experienced trading friends say that etherdelta saves the private keys locally to your computer, so simply, your private keys will save to a file on your computer and not saved on an external/online server, if that's true then etherdelta is pretty safe.
andrii.povkh

Activity: 131
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:46:30 AM

I've used etherdelta.com for a long time in a conjunction with Metamask browser extension. Never have I encountered any issues, nor did I have anything stolen from my wallet. So I would say it's pretty safe.
kafnan

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:22:30 PM

Yes You can trust Etherdelta with your private key.Because etherdelta user system is the best. ita private key very strong. And it is not take your private key.Its user system and also I have used etherdelta exchange and don't still face any problem
ngesotcoy

Activity: 559

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:38:13 PM

EtherDelta allows for smart contract trades instantly with no confirmation needed. It is an awesome decentralised exchange but I never have 100% trust in it or any exchanges.

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:08:11 PM

Hello,

Hi,

Yes, you can. It's a decentralised exchange that has latest ICO Tokens added every week. My advice, instead of entering your private keys from Ethereum wallet choose *New account and safe locally private keys and new wallet address.

Just to be on safe side I will not recommend you to input your private keys because if you have for example on your wallet few different Tokens you always put them at unnecessary risk, better if you have Ethereum Etherdelta wallet address and transfer funds in order to buy Tokens and when complete send to your private Ethereum wallet.

Password and Private keys should be stored separately in 2 encrypted files with strong and different passwords using software like VeraCrypt.
Remember there is always a risk if you store files on Network connected PC.

New type of Malware starts appearing on the Internet that change clipboard wallet address so you transfer your Bitcoins to hackers wallet address without knowing.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-malware-changes-destination-wallet-to-steal-13-btc
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:32:43 PM

Hello,

i will advice you to have a separate Wallet to use on ED for token trading i don't use my personal wallet to trade on it.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
LadyNymeria

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:41:50 PM

Yes you can. I've been using it for some time now and did not have any problems. Just make sure you don't share your private key with anyone else.
wismases

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:57:48 PM

Yes, for me. Etherdelta can be trusted even though to login must use private keys. Provided that our link to site etherdelta is true. I'm sure it's safe.
sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:08:55 PM

i think etherdelta it's safe
i already input my private key on this site some month ago and there's no problem.
just make one browser
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:20:49 PM

Hello,

Based on those I heard it's not good to use etherdelta because before you can use that platform you need to import your private key and eth address, Which is for me I don't want to use it too as much as possible. But sometimes, I had no choice due to etherdelta is the only market I can sell the token altcoin that I received from the bounty campaign. Just important is after you use it you must click forget account to your etherdelta so that you are not close to be hack if ever there's a problem will come into etherdelta.
coastbank

Activity: 238

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:22:42 PM

It is really hard to trust any site with private keys. I think its best to use just another temporary wallet for etherdelta, its going to be safe. You can than send your money to another wallet.

alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:28:01 PM

Hello,

I think in etherdelta it's safe. but I keep a watch with my privacy key by creating an account to trade. maybe that's my advice. stay cautious if you want to trade anywhere.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:32:22 PM

Yes its safe to trade here with ether delta.JUst keep your private keys safely and securely as they are the main thing for you to trade buy or sell. I also advise that etherdelta will become more secure in the future considering the volume of transactions happening daily. Even you can try other exchangers as well but plz do know all the functions of any exchanger. When there is emergency certainly i will use any trusted exchanger for getting my funds out and use them.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Billie2017

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:25:41 AM

Hello,

It's okay to trade in etherdelta as long as you do not share your private key with anyone or to any suspicious link websute that ask your private key, and always click the "forget password" in etherdelta after having the transactions or before you sign out because it may get hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: