Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i trust EtherDelta with my Private Keys ?  (Read 11017 times)
cryptolerant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:07:57 PM

you have to watch out be carefull !
Why would he need to be careful ?
EtherDelta is a decentralized exchange and a lot of people have been using them now for a very long time. Definitely, one should be careful of phishing websites when it comes to inputting private keys so as not to fall a victim of losing all the funds in one's wallet. EtherDelta itself is not the problem and they have been doing a great job all these while.
Only a guess and The possibility of the person it has entered the wrong room until he was thrown into a phishing site. Which made him traumatized and lost. Don't get out of control, I agree that caution is highly recommended but be a wise when ensuring the authenticity of the site. Learn from the wrong step

So far we didn't have problem. Etherdelta don't store your wallet key information. They don't be stealing your wallet code, just make sure your computer is in safe. That's all.

I used it hundreds of times and my friends are also using. we never had any problem with it. it looks safe enough to me so I don'T worry about it.
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:12:36 PM

Its safe. me and all of my friends use it for trade. So far theres no any problem with it i trusted etherdelta most because they give high quality safety for us it secure well.
Ebenezer559

Activity: 401
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 01:19:49 PM

Yes, its safe.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:23:28 PM

One exchange that confuses me, there needs a lot of gass and this is not fun. so far there are still many new coins coming into Etehrdelta, they seem to throw it away before planning to mask a big Market.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:27:08 PM

Never had any problems with etherdelta whatsoever, an updated interface would be nice though.
purangko

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:28:23 PM

As far as EtherDelta is concerned, for me it is 99 percent safe. In today's era, trusting is very hard to give specially on the internet. Yes, it is safe now and I cannot recall that I encounter some minor and major problems during my transaction. You can trust EtherDelta but make sure that you are ready to handle if the problem comes out like loosing of your money/coin. Meaning, there is no perfect in this world, hackers are always there and they are just waiting us to make a mistake so that they can have the opportunity to do such immoral thing..

Gambit1306

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:29:15 PM

One exchange that confuses me, there needs a lot of gass and this is not fun. so far there are still many new coins coming into Etehrdelta, they seem to throw it away before planning to mask a big Market.

I didn't understand half of what you're saying, but you can manually adjust your gas to 1 in the upper right corner. Since ethereum's most recent update 1 gas is just fine for ED purposes
cryptoquality

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:34:57 PM

EtherDelta is a decentralized exchange and a lot of people have been using them now for a very long time. Definitely, one should be careful of phishing websites when it comes to inputting private keys so as not to fall a victim of losing all the funds in one's wallet. EtherDelta itself is not the problem and they have been doing a great job all these while.
Only a guess and The possibility of the person it has entered the wrong room until he was thrown into a phishing site. Which made him traumatized and lost. Don't get out of control, I agree that caution is highly recommended but be a wise when ensuring the authenticity of the site. Learn from the wrong step

So far we didn't have problem. Etherdelta don't store your wallet key information. They don't be stealing your wallet code, just make sure your computer is in safe. That's all.

I also didn't have any problem. as far as I know they put a lot of effort on security part. it 's not so user friendly but at least secure. so you can relax and use it.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:02:19 PM

Hello,

I wanted to try etherdelta to trade my tokens.

Can i trust etherdelta with my Private keys ?

I can feel your anxiety and doubt sir. That's what i also felt when i am about to trade my altcoin to ETH on that exchange market. But thankfully, all went well and even until today, it's so good.

grocon

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:22:10 PM

You may want to get a hardware wallet. Etherdelta has support for ledger nano.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:33:02 PM

I also didn't have any problem. as far as I know they put a lot of effort on security part. it 's not so user friendly but at least secure. so you can relax and use it.
That's the point, decentralized exchange have kinda hard interface and can't be conveniently used by normies but when it comes to security, it's top notch even surpasses centralized ones.
none of us need to worry about the possibility of the exchanges turning against us and start scamming, atleast we can relax more.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:37:11 PM

Personally, I do not trust etherdelta, I suggest you do not put your private key on etherdelta because we never know what could happen in the future. Even the most reliable exchanges such as poloniex or bittrex are not safe. But the safest way for me is to use the exchange to sell your coins and then withdraw into your personal wallet like MEW with nano Ledger or Trezor. You can find more information about these hardware wallet on the Internet.
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:41:58 PM

Hello,

So far I have traded multiple time in etherdelta and have not yet encountered problems with my wallet security. First I was hesitant because I have to enter my private key. Just be careful with phishing site also named etherdelta which has a dot in the second e, I have read once about that.

JanEmil

Activity: 2338
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 02:44:17 PM

Safe. I hope  Grin

normensky012

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:47:51 PM

I never encountered problem with using etherdelta.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:49:42 PM

Your private key is safer on etherdelta than any wallet or 3rd party service provider like etherdelta! You are directly interacting with smart contract when you are using etherdelta hence blockchain. Put your mind at rest! You should be safe provided you follow all the neccesary instructions!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:54:30 PM

The whole idea of a third party controlling private keys scaries me. I never had any issues with ED and I like to trade in their exchange because of its decentralization (which isnt always good). I don't know who is the responsible for their web site and their project and I try to use ED only for trading, not for storing coins. Try using myetherwallet or even a hardware wallet (ledger) if you want to be safer.
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:03:59 PM

Hello,

it has a chance that it can be hacked by some possible pattern but it is so hard to detect. you can assure this because too many people using ethereum wallet. it too high possibility to detect your private keys because of too many rambled letter and letters.

Cryptolive

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:18:43 PM

Yes you can trust etherdelta.Etherdelta is safe and secure.But be careful with your computer virus and any malware.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:24:44 PM

Hello,

it has a chance that it can be hacked by some possible pattern but it is so hard to detect. you can assure this because too many people using ethereum wallet. it too high possibility to detect your private keys because of too many rambled letter and letters.
although you already use a private key but you also must be vigilant and also must be more careful in using your account. because hackers are everywhere around you and threaten you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: