Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Businesses and Developers, Let's Get Started!  (Read 306559 times)
blammo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:47:00 PM

I'm in the process of starting a company designing and manufacturing consumer goods.  ("Survivalists," people who generally do not trust government, are one of our main customers.)  Our corporate presence has been established and the products designed -- now sourcing vendors for the actual manufacturing and order fulfillment.

I took management of stakeholder expectations very seriously when writing the business plan.  And a lot of people I interviewed asked me, "Will you accept bitcoin?" 

To be honest, that was only the second time I heard of bitcoin.  The first time was in an article in the Wall Street Journal earlier this month.

At first I viewed these people -- our potential investors and customers -- as sort of fringe types.  Weirdos.  But when I talked more about it with them, I learned a lot about their views on fiat currency, precious metals, and resource diversification for the non-wealthy.  Their viewpoints may not be mainstream, but they are very legitimate nonetheless.

So, eventually I did include bitcoin on the business plan with the blessing of our investors and my business partner.  It's a simple plan, as the caveat was that it couldn't add any workload that would extend the e-commerce and dealer sales past our self-imposed due date.

A question is, are there any reputable retailers that are accepting bitcoin as payment now?  I'm still new to bitcoin and haven't seen it used in commercial-level transactions.  Mostly P2P like-kind trades, and of course, Silk Road.

Our customer service policy trumps any credit card reverse-charging policy, so we would be able to offer equal or better protection to the customers who pay in bitcoin vs. customers who pay with credit card.  (We will not accept Paypal or Square.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trevorcreech

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:32:27 PM

Hey guys,

We're about to launch tinkercoin.com in the next few weeks. We want to be the site where you send your interested friends to help them get involved in the Bitcoin world. We'll walk them through the whole process of purchasing some bitcoin, setting up a wallet, and using their new bitcoin for something useful!

We've also started blogging at blog.tinkercoin.com in the meantime. Would love to get some feedback from you guys Smiley
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:51:50 AM

A question is, are there any reputable retailers that are accepting bitcoin as payment now?  I'm still new to bitcoin and haven't seen it used in commercial-level transactions.  Mostly P2P like-kind trades, and of course, Silk Road.
Sure, plenty of reputable people accept Bitcoin in business! There's even a doctor who has made quite a name for himself accepting Bitcoin. I've accepted Bitcoin payment for print work and for Bitcoin Keychains. I've done so online and in person. There are a lot of ways to accept Bitcoin, and you may want to think about if you want to keep it in Bitcoin, or use a service (like BitPay) to allow you to accept Bitcoin from patrons, but have it deposited into your bank account in dollars (just like a credit card processor, but with lower fees). Feel free to PM if you have specific questions, I'll give you any tips I can.

fraczles

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:53:07 AM

Amateur developer here requesting full access to get my feet wet with some BTC trading software.
rimbit

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 10:05:54 AM

Hey guys,

We're about to launch tinkercoin.com in the next few weeks. We want to be the site where you send your interested friends to help them get involved in the Bitcoin world. We'll walk them through the whole process of purchasing some bitcoin, setting up a wallet, and using their new bitcoin for something useful!

We've also started blogging at blog.tinkercoin.com in the meantime. Would love to get some feedback from you guys Smiley

Great job....
I signed up and I hope when we launch, we can send people to your blog so they can understand Bitcoin better  Wink

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
Argen-Coin

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

Bitcoins to Argentine

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:04:31 PM

Hi!

As a newcomer (newbie) at the forum I have to post few messages before having the right to do so in other sections.

For those who speak other languages ​​this task is difficult. Maybe the Community should develop a mechanism to facilitate this task to "speakers of other languages'.

Only a suggestion.
cryptocoinmkt.com

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 12:24:39 AM

Hi All,

I represent CryptoCoinMKT.com a BitCoin / Litecoin classifieds.

CryptoCoinMKT.com is a marketplace where visitors can Buy and Sell products or services for Bitcoin. Our classified site gives the opportunity for people to sell their products or services whether it's  clothing, electronics, computer parts, books or even auto service, you can list it all!

List your item now completely FREE of charge.  And buyers come and browse you never know what you might find.

Visit http://www.CryptoCoinMKT.com
Wink

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:00:57 PM

Hi community,

I'm a Ruby/iOS/javascript developer looking to meet like minded developers and build bitcoin tools so easy to use, my grandmother could do it.

I'm currently awaiting delivery on my first two 5GH BFL miners and own a whopping 7 bitcoins.

Thank you for your hospitality,

Wink  Wink
danystatic

Activity: 235

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:58:01 AM

Hi community,

I'm a Ruby/iOS/javascript developer looking to meet like minded developers and build bitcoin tools so easy to use, my grandmother could do it.

I'm currently awaiting delivery on my first two 5GH BFL miners and own a whopping 7 bitcoins.

Thank you for your hospitality,

Wink  Wink

useful tools +1

I already build a stupid useful automated bitcoin processing payment dispersal tool
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:47:09 PM

Our Vancouver-based Cooperative is going pretty well. We made Bitcoin outreach the focus of our activities so far. We registered several venues to accept Bitcoin through BitPay, and are hosting events at said places through our Meet Up (http://www.meetup.com/bitcoinvan/). The full list of business we've registered to accept bitcoins can be found on our website (under construction) at http://vanbtc.ca/merchants. We have some affiliates already, and are quickly acquiring more; you can see what's been going on on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bitcoincoop. We also buy and sell bitcoins locally ourselves.

The next step for us right now is to continuing signing up business to accept Bitcoin, and generate a wider Meet Up and Facebook following so we can speed up the outreach. We're considering various different charitable outreach initiatives and gathering the funding to do so. We developed the first Bitcoin Student Club in British Columbia of which we're aware; they're at Simon Fraser University, a pretty prominent one in Canada (https://www.facebook.com/SFUBitcoin). We'll be holding our first presentations there, bringing guest speakers, and finding more--there's a professor there who is teaching a class about Bitcoin right now!

If you live in British Columbia, we would love to hear from you. Vancouver's Bitcoin community isn't yet as organized as in some other cities, but we're working on it and our Meet Ups are popular. If you own a Bitcoin-related business, or if you have a proposal, please do not hesitate to message us.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
danystatic

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:02:16 PM

Our Vancouver-based Cooperative is going pretty well. We made Bitcoin outreach the focus of our activities so far. We registered several venues to accept Bitcoin through BitPay, and are hosting events at said places through our Meet Up (http://www.meetup.com/bitcoinvan/). The full list of business we've registered to accept bitcoins can be found on our website (under construction) at http://vanbtc.ca/merchants. We have some affiliates already, and are quickly acquiring more; you can see what's been going on on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bitcoincoop. We also buy and sell bitcoins locally ourselves.

The next step for us right now is to continuing signing up business to accept Bitcoin, and generate a wider Meet Up and Facebook following so we can speed up the outreach. We're considering various different charitable outreach initiatives and gathering the funding to do so. We developed the first Bitcoin Student Club in British Columbia of which we're aware; they're at Simon Fraser University, a pretty prominent one in Canada (https://www.facebook.com/SFUBitcoin). We'll be holding our first presentations there, bringing guest speakers, and finding more--there's a professor there who is teaching a class about Bitcoin right now!

If you live in British Columbia, we would love to hear from you. Vancouver's Bitcoin community isn't yet as organized as in some other cities, but we're working on it and our Meet Ups are popular. If you own a Bitcoin-related business, or if you have a proposal, please do not hesitate to message us.

I live currently in México,
I have certain useful skills ( not many really ) and home-grown software that is especially designed for Cooperative charity funding, using Banking and Automation principles. Is not open-source software, not yet,  ( it will be, I guess ), and is not for sale (  I could set it up for free (or for the VPS cost, or whatever ) or we could discuss.
leonardo-rj

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:02:18 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm from Brazil and want to begin at bitcoins businness soon! I wish I can find answers to my questions here.

thanks!
KgBC

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:36:42 PM

Hi, I'm asking for whitelisting, ...
Thanks for whitelisting that fast Smiley
Steevug

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:28:45 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 07:51:29 AM by Steevug

I'm a developer representing a small brewery called the Bad Hair Brewing vof. located in the Netherlands. Our main product is called Steevug triple, a strong and dark beer with its own character. This account will mainly be used in the subforum Nederlands -> markt to research if there is a market for our product within the Netherlands. If the market is big enough we will offer a beer-for-bitcoins service in the near future.

http://badhairbrewing.nl/images/DSCN1127.png
aamarket

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 07:42:43 AM

Hi community,

I'm a Linux hacker interested in meeting like minded folks and bringing bitcoin technology to everybody.

I'm currently working on a new and cheap hw design for ASIC chips, I had a bit of experimenting with p2pool and gpu minig over last years.

Thank you for your attention, Godspeed !

IMPORTANT:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0,Tips welcome BTC:1AAMARKETmJvfjDwEFmhyYYwfre7ZFVseP  RIC:RGnX6LcJrsVEuYeySDDxkmH7AjRqoprcKt
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:00:13 AM

I have certain useful skills ( not many really ) and home-grown software that is especially designed for Cooperative charity funding, using Banking and Automation principles. Is not open-source software, not yet,  ( it will be, I guess ), and is not for sale (  I could set it up for free (or for the VPS cost, or whatever ) or we could discuss.

We should discuss. It would be hard for you to come to our events to do so in person, though, given that you live in Mexico. You can still join the Co-op if you want to, however.

Despite our Meet Up following, our system is fairly informal. We do not have a centralized financial or banking program to handle our Bitcoin exchanging, expenses, or the charity fund we have not yet had the time to build. I can see how it would be useful if we did. So far our primary accomplishments have been public outreach, events, and all the venues and businesses we have or are setting up to accept Bitcoin. We are likely to expand our services in the future.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
danystatic

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:03:16 AM

Hi community,

I'm a Linux hacker interested in meeting like minded folks and bringing bitcoin technology to everybody.

I'm currently working on a new and cheap hw design for ASIC chips, I had a bit of experimenting with p2pool and gpu minig over last years.

Thank you for your attention, Godspeed !

Hi, I welcome everybody who want to bring and spread the technology to everybody. I have my own strategy, tight and exclusive, and if you're capable of producing profitable mining projects, gpu's or ASIC's we could talk about our next possible investments.
danystatic

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:12:16 AM

We should discuss. It would be hard for you to come to our events to do so in person, though, given that you live in Mexico. You can still join the Co-op if you want to, however.

Despite our Meet Up following, our system is fairly informal. We do not have a centralized financial or banking program to handle our Bitcoin exchanging, expenses, or the charity fund we have not yet had the time to build. I can see how it would be useful if we did. So far our primary accomplishments have been public outreach, events, and all the venues and businesses we have or are setting up to accept Bitcoin. We are likely to expand our services in the future.

I beleive you do not understand,
but I will be to go to Vancouver or wherever, in a couple of months, for the proposal I could give,  you really wouldn't need my presence.
Your system is fairly informal?   mine is fully functional, and semi-professional, it has being built with what I was able to get my hands on and my head around too.
You do not need a system at all, because this system would be all you need.
Public outreach events, is all you need to make something big out of this little system.

However, I rather not share this system with a close minded group of  red-light stopping excuse finder people, I would really ask you to beleive, and make this program grow, other wise, I would find other way to use whatever I can get from you to setup or partner-up with other Vancourvish-charitish kinda of institution. In the  year plus in the making certain strategies have been written in several notebooks.

I'm still interested in Canada, would love to live there, some summers.

pocesar

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:53:00 AM

I'm a developer currently working on a stratum server for Node.js (and some other side projects directly related to Bitcoin)

https://github.com/pocesar/node-stratum

Doing this on my spare time, it's open source afterall.

Have a lot of experience with PHP, Node.js and a bit of ruby, but been jumping through hoops to learn from the overwhelming python sources that most of developers chose for Bitcoin development...

https://github.com/pocesar - BTC 1KLRAFHGGhE2WiRASkASatvMR1vALmkB9L
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 09:14:31 AM

I beleive you do not understand,
but I will be to go to Vancouver or wherever, in a couple of months, for the proposal I could give,  you really wouldn't need my presence.
Your system is fairly informal?   mine is fully functional, and semi-professional, it has being built with what I was able to get my hands on and my head around too.
You do not need a system at all, because this system would be all you need.
Public outreach events, is all you need to make something big out of this little system.

However, I rather not share this system with a close minded group of  red-light stopping excuse finder people, I would really ask you to beleive, and make this program grow, other wise, I would find other way to use whatever I can get from you to setup or partner-up with other Vancourvish-charitish kinda of institution. In the  year plus in the making certain strategies have been written in several notebooks.

I'm still interested in Canada, would love to live there, some summers.
I actually meant to imply that I was curious to learn about your system, and that I would seriously consider any information you would send to our inbox. I'm not sure how I failed to do so. I was joking that it's unfortunate you cannot hang out with us at the Bitcoin parties downtown; I am aware that your system can probably be utilized from far away. I assumed that because this is a community of Bitcoiners, that fact was mutually understood by all to be obvious.

If you really want to not stop at a red light, we can start over. We are a very open-minded bunch; we selected the Cooperative model rather than a standard corporation for this reason. But when you say "use whatever I can get from you," it sounds like you're saying you plan to invade Vancouver and destroy us somehow. If you really are in such a position that you could do that effectively, I think it should not be worth your time, and please do not. I'm not even sure what we did to earn this animosity. It's not very newbie-friendly.

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: