Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:39:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Businesses and Developers, Let's Get Started!  (Read 306559 times)
magnadox

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:37:05 AM

My name is cody, and I am just now starting my first bitcoin business, with the intention of opening several more. My first project is a clone of fiverr, but as you may have guessed, using bitcoins.

The name of the site is fivecoinn.com, and should be up and running within the next week. I haven't seen many attempts at this idea, and the few that I have seen haven't been maintained or followed through with. The general overview is that people can buy gigs for a fivecoinn, which is and will always be worth .05 btc. There will also be options to sell for more, and a few other ideas I have up my sleeve at the moment. I'm hoping that with proper marketing and the high demand for btc this idea can really catch on (as it has with fiverr), but it will at the very least be a great learning experience for my future business ventures. (have several ideas)

Here's a sneak peek at some of the logos I have put together in illustrator, so tell me what you think, and how you feel about fivecoinn.com!

http://i40.tinypic.com/1htond.png

I can make you a much better logo for .05 btc! ill send you examples within a week if your interested   Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nolocimes

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:06:28 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 01:11:29 AM by nolocimes

Firstly: I couldn't see the right place to post this, so apols in advance to the mods if this isn't most appropriate board.

Hi, I'm a long term Linux and Java engineer with a background in front to back institutional markets platforms. I'm looking for a Bitcoin related role in a hedge fund/ broker/ start-up.

Background
------------
By day I design and implement capital markets platforms for one of the top 5 IB -
-Algo trading, hedging, and execution platforms
-Flow, derivative, and margin trading platforms
-Liquidity aggregation and best execution
-Pricing
-Trade lifecycle management
-P&L attribution
-Counterparty risk and market risk (VAR and PFE)

My hobby and passion for the last six months however, has been producing software for Bitcoin payments, trading, and matching engines. I can provide live examples as part of an interview process. I've always been an open source advocate, and started doing business with Linux in the mid nineties.

I'm at the stage in life where I want my day job and my passion to be one and the same - hence this post.

History
-------
In the nineties I worked heavily in the telco industry, doing eCommerce development, *nix, networks, RFC implementations, security,  and a wide variety of development and systems administration.

In the first decade of this century I developed financial markets risk, trading, and eCommerce platforms.

This  decade I hope to grow crypto currency organisations as our world goes through a fundamental shift away from sovereign led monetary policy to social/ peer to peer systems of exchange.

In the past I've successfully founded and established a product company, and a services company.

Value Proposition
------------------
I typically help form product concepts and strategic relationships, write the product and requirement specs myself, and mobilise and lead the product development and implementation.

I'm best suited for a startup that needs a CTO to take care of the technology aspects of the business - or an existing broker/ or hedge fund that would like to establish a strategic Bitcoin capability.

Education
----------
Comp Sci and Financial Markets degree qualified

Technical Skillsets
------------------
Core competency is java, linux, sql engineering, but also a varied level of skills in:
-Most scripting languages
-Networks and security
-CEP
-Nosql and Hadoop
-Automated unit, load, and functional testing
-All relevant skills and capabilities as would be expected after 20 years in both open source and financial markets software engineering (i.e. FIX etc)
-Modern web client architectures - "HTML5" (what a silly buzzword that term is - worse even than web2.0)

Contact
--------
If anyone wishes to contact me, please do reach out with a PM. After a short phone call I'll be willing to exchanged linkedin profiles and any further details.

Personal Details
----------------
Native English speaker, currently located in APAC, face to face or remote working opportunities ok

To All
------
I'm really not sure how to meet the right companies - so I would greatly appreciate you sending my details to friends you think would be interested - and also pointers back on this thread to forums/ contacts/ meetups that you think I should consider in my search. I'll provide a 15 x BTC bounty for anyone that introduces me to a new contact that leads to me taking employment or a JV.

TIA
Coinoline

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 07:22:44 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 02:37:00 AM by Coinoline

Announcing Coinfueled - The Easiest Way to Buy Gas with Bitcoin

CoinFueled is a new service to make the purchase of gas station cards with Bitcoin effortless. Based in Seattle, WA our mission is to bring life on Bitcoin one step closer for everyone. Now your daily commute can be fueled by Bitcoin.

Why Buy From CoinFueled?
  • We are the easiest way to buy gas with Bitcoin!
  • Selection includes the major gas station brands in the US
  • The exchange rate we use is regularly updated and consistently better than what is available on exchanges
  • Purchase and delivery is simple and professional

How it works
1. Visit our site at http://www.CoinFueled.com
2. Select the gift card that's right for you
3. Pay with Bitcoin and provide shipping information
4. Your gas card will arrive in 3-5 business days

We regret that we are not able to ship cards internationally, to APO/FPO addresses, or to Puerto Rico.

Q & A
Q: Why not use Gyft?
A: Gyft does not sell gas cards, presumably because wholesale discounts are less than 1%

Q: Why wouldn’t I use BitSumo?
A: CoinFueled is more convenient. BitSumo can be great for one off purchases that can’t otherwise be bought with Bitcoin but for purchases with a Bitcoin option the savings and hassle don’t add up. With BitSumo it looks like they have a flat $3 fee plus a 2.5% service charge. So on a $100 purchase that would be $105.50 plus shipping. Anyone going this route still needs to find a gas card for sale online at face value and then needs to submit the link for it to BitSumo. Shipping also would still need to be added. They then quote you the amount in BTC. Assuming the exchange rate is good you then pay with Bitcoin. They then turn around and place the order on your behalf... alternatively just make it a turnkey Bitcoin purchase on CoinFueled.

Q: Why would I pay face value? / Why would I pay the Shipping and handling fee?
A: Because when you add it all up it's the best option. There is no discount for resellers that do under $100K buys and finding gas cards at face value is rare and even more so if you want to pay in Bitcoin.

Q: Lyoness offers a better price, why shouldn’t I just do that?
A: Lyoness is a multi-level marketing (MLM) business that is a loyalty program shopping network. You need to be invited into the program by a sponsor who is already in. To make a purchase once you are in you then need to cash out Bitcoin at an exchange (variable fee), transfer the coins to Dwolla, then transfer from Dwolla ($0.25) to Lyoness and use those funds to buy a gift card. All this for a 1% discount and you pay still pay $5 shipping unless you spend more than $300... Or keep it easy and buy from CoinFueled.

Q: Wasn’t CoinFueled previously known as Coinoline?
A: Yes but we decided CoinFueled was a better name. We also improved our pricing.
More Questions? More info is also available on our FAQ page at http://www.CoinFueled.com/#!faq/cqh1 or you can reply to this post.

gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:16:19 PM

I am looking for a web designer to consult on a business idea with a view to hiring. If interested please PM me for more details.
jyh92

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:18:41 AM

Hi, i'm currently in the process of setting up a BTC sports betting site. I'm not sure if my company needs to have been already fully set up in order for me to get fast-tracked, but having access to your forums so I can post queries/suggestions would really be alot of help for me.
BitbuyNL

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 01:41:14 PM

Hello,

I'm from Bitbuy, a Dutch company that wants to make it easier and cheaper for Dutch people to acquire Bitcoins. Could you please Whitelist me?
Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Bitbuy
AchrafB

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:59:09 PM

Hello Bitcoiners,

Web Devloper/Designer for all your web based projects (Visual identity, E-commerce, Multi-lingual "English, French, Arabic", CMS, )
http://www.sophisticomm.com/

BTC: 1Hqwet9aNBifehWRptzKyBKnvgw4VzeHh8
ask2talk

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:32:44 PM

I am looking to offer website development services for BTC  Smiley
I have created about 30+ websites till now and can also provide you list of my portfolio!
I also have currently 3 sites for sale  Wink

In Addition to that i have the following Experiences:

-HTML
-PHP
-Core Java
-MySQL
-phpmyadmin

Apart from this languages , i am learning VB.NET Language!

Thanks
ColdStoragePro

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

ColdStorage for the average user.
Completely safe, and tamper proof!
Coinacopia

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:56:10 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 11:04:22 PM by Coinacopia

Cloud-Coin: http://cloud-coin.com

Cloud-Based Bitcoin wallet & marketplace with easy to use ecommerce features that anyone can use & understand.

I wish to promote my service on the forum & assist with customer support.
igetbusiness

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:48:12 AM

Hi all,

I'm an engineer who's speciality is Linux.

I have a chatline I have written that runs completely on Linux under Asterisk.  I have had it running with a small test and had over 26,000 people sign up.  All testing was successfully completed.

Upon attempting to get credit card processing everything was totally fine until I started making sales.  As you can imagine a chatline will generate them quite quickly.  I followed all compliance laws (including adding additional ones myself), in addition I even signed up to some of the big names like quest and others who are nationwide but, accept credit cards.  As sales started to quite literally roll in the processing company decided to shut off my processing (no chargebacks, no complaints, nothing).  They didn't inform me of this and I had to find out when I went to withdraw my funds to continue the operation.  Needless to say bitcoin will resolve that issue immediately.

My current dilemma is this.  I need to have hosting that isn't shoddy or skimpy, that being said the service requires about ~3 mbps constant up/down.  I've had "unlimited" hosting which is really a lie because when the call volume starts to hit 100-200 callers, it starts dropping calls, choppy, etc.  When I was able to find a host that wasn't lying these issues immediately went away and calls were easily handled up to ~350-400 at one time.  I'm looking to partner with someone who would like to take this nationwide by providing the server and the bandwidth.  I don't need any VoIP lines, or any additional programming help and DEFINITELY NO CREDIT CARD PROCESSING.  Also "bitpay" and other similar services are unnecessary because they are for the technically declined.  I can and have almost completed a payment processor plugin for this system which literally works over the phone with the customer (as long as they have bitcoins).  I have also plans in the works to make an easy method/system for them to get bitcoins because I've noticed personally how difficult it seems to get them quickly (without paying a premium for that quickness).

If anyone is interested and not a time waster then please contact me here via PM and let's get moving on this.  I'm attempting to reach out and partner with someone who's willing to help as described above or more.  Let's talk and make a deal.
Kamikaze117

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 09:27:30 AM

Hello!

This LLC is most likely nothing new we just wanted to throw out our thoughts to hopefully get more people interested in Bitcoins;
which will inevitably get more people interested in Bitcoins...

Here is our new website, pretty basic, but here's a direct link to the Blog.

https://assimilatedideasllc.squarespace.com/blog/

Obviously our audience is college students right now but we want everyone eventually to be using Bitcoins.

Peace.

judah

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:12:14 PM

Greetings,

I am a programmer, mostly Java. I want to implement the Bitcoin Scholarship idea https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236772.0. But then I realized I needed a nice donations gateway.  So currently I am working on implementing BIP 32 https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0032 as an open source bitcoin payments gateway. Then I'll role that into a BTC scholarship website (charity). With the BIP 32 donations gateway the private keys could be held by a trustworthy entity such as the Bitcoin Foundation while the website could be built/maintained/operated by yours truly.    -- nice to meet you all!

Latrina

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:47:20 AM

My family has been involved in the production of fine Italian wine since generation, and I am trying to work my dad through what Bitcoin is all about, and how e can successfully extend our business by adopting it.

I can't deny that at mom dad seems to be a bit skeptical, but considering that he is at least listening and attempting to catch up with it, this is a positive sign .
tee

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:38:06 PM

I'm looking to sell these domain names:

www.coinescrow.org
www.bitchan.org

Please PM me if interested. Payment in btc/ltc or traditional methods.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:06:16 PM

My family has been involved in the production of fine Italian wine since generation, and I am trying to work my dad through what Bitcoin is all about, and how e can successfully extend our business by adopting it.

I can't deny that at mom dad seems to be a bit skeptical, but considering that he is at least listening and attempting to catch up with it, this is a positive sign .

Awesome! Accepting bitcoin can certainly attract an entirely new crowd of customers and lower payment processing costs. I would recommend he contact www.BitPay.com and ask them how they can help expand his business.
arthur_c3

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 07:19:57 PM

Managing a Bitcoin-denominated fund of funds: https://bitcoinfof.com/

We invest in other funds, ETFs, etc. We recently released a Bitcoin market index (for btct.co) as well as a Litecoin market index (litecoinglobal.com) to track the market capitalization-weighted movement of stocks.
BTCDate

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:11:38 AM

Hello,

Myself and Govind (who will post below) are here to promote what we believe is the first bitcoin dating site: http://btcdate.com

We'll be running a promotion (paying out btc for signups) in the near future.

Thanks
govind

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:20:35 AM

I'm a co-owner of BTCDate.com and I will be helping with promotions
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:00:29 AM

The newest service in the bitcoin community is here, bits4books! The site is almost ready for launch, and I'm here to help spread the word.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: