Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:26:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 526 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine  (Read 823660 times)
palgin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 11:07:26 AM

no linux version?

Unfortunately not at this time, I need confirmations that previous build is working for others (for my hosts it's OK) before compiling new version.

BTC tips welcome: 16DHzyuqenEoHRA3w3YVGcYSDSHks7mor4
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:09:24 AM

no linux version?

Unfortunately not at this time, I need confirmations that previous build is working for others (for my hosts it's OK) before compiling new version.
i'm gonna try it!
car1999

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:13:16 AM

CPU G3900:

m1@m1-desktop:~$ ./ccminer --help
*** ccminer alexis-1.0 palgin skunkmod for nVidia GPUs from alexis78@github ***
*** Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 (Not recommended prefer 7.5)

*** Based on tpruvot@github ccminer
*** Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
*** Include some of the work of djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.

*** Skunk algo modded by palgin

Illegal instruction

try G4560 later
car1999

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:21:48 AM

m1@m1-desktop:~$ ldconfig -p | grep cuda
   libicudata.so.55 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicudata.so.55
   libicudata.so.55 (libc6) => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libicudata.so.55
   libicudata.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicudata.so
   libcuda.so.1 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcuda.so.1
   libcuda.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcuda.so.1
   libcuda.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcuda.so
   libcuda.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcuda.so
BLNT

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:34:48 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 11:57:35 AM by BLNT

Anyone solo mining, or is it just too much of a crap shoot at this point?

Are the steps (given here http://cryptovore.com/2017/07/19/how-to-mine-signatum-sigt/) for solo mining the preferred method?

Can you combine rigs to increase your chances, or is each rig essentially on its own? Managing 150-200 MH/s per rig.

... also, what's the definition of "LUCK" with regard to values given on mining pools pages?

THANKS
I know one guy found a block with solo mining today, but he has a veeeery high hashrate, and obviously a loot of luck, and yes you can point all your rigs on one wallet, if you have the skills to do that.
My advice is you'd better avoid solo mining unless you can put thousands MH/s on sigt.
Regarding luck, on suprnova for example, average 1 block per minute with 589,459.63 MH/s on the pool, do your maths.

ok.

Let's say I can throw 1GH/s at mining SIGT. That puts suprnova at about a 600x hasrate over me.

Help me to understand some of the basics here:

1> Does this mean that, on average, I'll mine a block every 600 minutes (10 hours)?

2> What's involved in being able to mine a block for myself? Must I individually mine all the shares start/finish prior to someone else? How does this "work"?

3> Do I stand any better chance having several rigs all pointing to one wallet, or is the sum total of all my rigs (independently) just as effective for solo mining?

4> Currently, the reward for a block is 2500 SIGT, correct?

5> For solo mining, are there other sources of "income"? I've heard of orphans and uncles with regard to some mining pools, but have no idea what that refers to.

... thought I'd stop short of "twenty questions"...  Smiley

THANKS

duffann

Activity: 178
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:42:38 AM

no linux version?

Palgin,

What is the estimated hash rate for 1060 6gb ?
Reelly

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:47:18 AM

my ccminer hashrate is 190+, whattomine.com says I should get 700 coins per day, but suprnova gave me 620 last 24 hours, do you have the same gap? considering change a pool.

I just updated and added suprnova.cc SIGT pool monitoring for www.ethmonitoring.com to see what profits it actually gives out, i got like 390 SIGT by night with 200mh/s.

Why does the android app want permissions to access my camera?

It has QR Code scanner for integration.

Derp. Makes sense. I'm dumb.
j4rd4

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:50:50 AM

no linux version?

no linux version?

Hi palgin. FYI: I am using it, but only for testing (my rigs are AMD) on ntb with nvidia > Model: "nVidia GM107GLM [Quadro M1000M] - only 4.05 kH/s, intensity 20 ".
If does function, but after about 5-10 minutes it crashes with memory acces violation. This could be suboptimally tempfixed by bash cycle

#!/usr/bin/env bash
while true
do
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
/home/d3f4ult/bin/ccminer-1.0-skunk/ccminer -a skunk -o stratum+tcp://sigt.pool.mn:8732 -u user.rig -p passw --cpu-priority=3 -i 20
sleep 1
done

babuubabuu

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:53:51 AM

Simple, source isn't included, you won't be able to build it, only use bins released.

UPD: https://github.com/palginpav/ccminer/releases/download/v1.1/ccminer-1.1-skunk.zip , with reworked algos, speedup for 10xx cards, haven't tested on 9xx

WOW I've just realized, I am talking to the developer LOL
So you mean that I have to replace ccminer (from ccminer-1.0-skunk.tar.gz) after I ran build.sh from tpruvot. right?
nansafap

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:57:15 AM

I've read a bit about mining and it looks like it's impossible to mine on old AMD cards. Do you plan to fix it? I have a bit of 7970, can't mine Signatum too Sad

yes , perharp anyone fix to old AMD card    Undecided
candyiman

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:02:54 PM

Stratu Authentication Failed  I have no idea why any  ideas?
enkayz

Activity: 298

hashbag.cc

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 12:09:32 PM

Are the steps (given here http://cryptovore.com/2017/07/19/how-to-mine-signatum-sigt/) for solo mining the preferred method?

Can you combine rigs to increase your chances, or is each rig essentially on its own? Managing 150-200 MH/s per rig.

... also, what's the definition of "LUCK" with regard to values given on mining pools pages?

THANKS
I know one guy found a block with solo mining today, but he has a veeeery high hashrate, and obviously a loot of luck, and yes you can point all your rigs on one wallet, if you have the skills to do that.
My advice is you'd better avoid solo mining unless you can put thousands MH/s on sigt.
Regarding luck, on suprnova for example, average 1 block per minute with 589,459.63 MH/s on the pool, do your maths.

ok.

Let's say I can throw 1GH/s at mining SIGT. That puts suprnova at about a 600x hasrate over me.

1> Does this mean that, on average, I'll mine a block every 600 minutes (10 hours)?

2> What's involved in being able to mine a block for myself? Must I individually mining all the shares start/finish prior to someone else? How does this "work"?

3> Do I stand any better chance having several rigs all pointing to one wallet, or is the sum total of all my rigs (independently) just as effective for solo mining?

5> For solo mining, are there other sources of "income"? I've heard of orphans and uncles with regard to some mining pools, but have no idea what that refers to.

THANKS

1. assuming a 1000Gh/sec network hash rate, 1Gh/sec will, on average over a long time, provide 0.1% of the blocks. there are 1440 minutes in a day, so you're looking at maybe 1.44 blocks on average per day you could hope to find solo. HOWEVER, this depends on a few things: you finding the block and submitting it into the network before anyone else does and that block being accepted by all nodes in the network.

2. there are no 'shares', finding a block is simply a luck thing. you need to generate a hash from the algo that is more 'difficult' than the required difficulty. if you do this, your miner picks transactions from the mempool, encodes them in a block using the hash, and submits the block to the network. if the network accepts the block, all the nodes in the network will add it to the chain. if multiple blocks are found around the same time, the first one to make the 'journey' around to the nodes becomes the accepted and the other becomes the orphan. on a pool, you submit any hash that is over the 'stratum difficulty' and you are given a 'share' of the block reward depending on the total difficulty of all hashes that you submitted. if you happen to submit a hash which is higher than the network difficulty, the pool encodes a block and submits it to the network. if that block is accepted etc, then the pool distributes profits to the miners depending on several various systems, my pool (hashbag) uses a PPLNS or 'Pay Per Last N Shares' system where you are paid a part of each block reward based on the total difficulty of shares you submitted over time - i.e. the payouts are done independant of the block boundaries. suprnova uses a PROP system or "proportional" where the block reward is immediately divided to everyone who submitted shares for that block. there are other payout systems as well, just look up PPLNS / PPS / PROP etc.

as a solo miner, there are no shares since you never submit a hash until you found one which you can encode a block with.

3. you have the same chances no matter how many wallet addresses you use - it's all luck if any one of your generated hashes is above the network diff. sometimes a single card might pull off a 15k diff share within 5 mins of starting to hash.. other times not for months.. more hashes/sec just means more chances to pull off that elusive share which you can encode a block with. i would recommend pointing to the same wallet to make it easier to deal with any resulting rewards; and especially on a pool as you can see a list of all the workers and shared hash rate, whereas splitting wallets will be difficult to manage.

4. correct, block reward is 2500SIGT up to block 30k.

5. solo mining has no reward other than if you happen to find a hash; if you find a block but then it is orphaned due to a pool (who is usually well connected to lots of peers) finding a block between the time it takes for your block to generate and to end up in the pool's blockchain, then you lose your reward. some pools consider your shares for orphans and some dont, depending on the payout system. you take 100% of the risk with solo mining. it CAN be profitable, but it can also be almost nothing. my pool for example has had reasonable bad luck in the past 1hr30mins - we have found 0 blocks, however people are still getting paid thanks to PPLNS spreading the profits out across a longer period.

depends on your pool, make sure you have the right -u name and -p password set. some pools want registration with account, create a worker and use the username/password for the worker, others dont require registration (e.g. hashbag just use -o stratum+tcp://de.hashbag.cc:8644 -u <wallet_address> -p x)

hashbag.cc - where do you put your hash? region based stratums available now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044808.new
Rashkae

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:11:35 PM

Means your worker name and password are incorrect

Did I help you? If yes, hit me up with some Eth!
0xD6422bcFD87989cf04D7dB489B9c18b3cA95886e
candyiman

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:20:51 PM

Omg I did this  Mistake now is ok

I have them on Stock settings with 16 mhs per card total of 7 Cards

Settings for Nvidia 1060?

Core clock or Memory
Yey09

Activity: 629
Merit: 250

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:22:10 PM

What to do if Sgminer report low difficulty and rejected shares? I tried playing with the intensity but all same results. Sgminer for AMD cards. CCminer is working very well with my NVIDIA no problems and same with the CPU miner.

Im mining on pool.mn
farmtester

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:33:15 PM

I can't sync windows wallet. This is what the log shows. Help?

Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
6 addresses found from DNS seeds
dnsseed thread exit
socket recv error 10054
socket recv error 10054
socket recv error 10054
socket recv error 10054
socket recv error 10054
gurumeditation

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:33:42 PM

What to do if Sgminer report low difficulty and rejected shares? I tried playing with the intensity but all same results. Sgminer for AMD cards. CCminer is working very well with my NVIDIA no problems and same with the CPU miner.

Im mining on pool.mn
Try to put lower OC values on your cards

█▀▀▀██▀▀▀█░░░░    ►    * No ICO | Fair Launch | Bounties          ◄    * Discord
█▄▄▄█▄▀░░░░░░    ►    * The first Ethash Masternode crypto     ◄    * Forums
░░░░░░░▀▄█▄▄▄█    ►    * ASIC-Resistant | PoW GPU Mining       ◄    * Twitter
BLNT

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:57:05 PM

THANKS

ok.

2> What's involved in being able to mine a block for myself? Must I individually mining all the shares start/finish prior to someone else? How does this "work"?

THANKS

1. assuming a 1000Gh/sec network hash rate, 1Gh/sec will, on average over a long time, provide 0.1% of the blocks. there are 1440 minutes in a day, so you're looking at maybe 1.44 blocks on average per day you could hope to find solo. HOWEVER, this depends on a few things: you finding the block and submitting it into the network before anyone else does and that block being accepted by all nodes in the network.

2. there are no 'shares', finding a block is simply a luck thing. you need to generate a hash from the algo that is more 'difficult' than the required difficulty. if you do this, your miner picks transactions from the mempool, encodes them in a block using the hash, and submits the block to the network. if the network accepts the block, all the nodes in the network will add it to the chain. if multiple blocks are found around the same time, the first one to make the 'journey' around to the nodes becomes the accepted and the other becomes the orphan. on a pool, you submit any hash that is over the 'stratum difficulty' and you are given a 'share' of the block reward depending on the total difficulty of all hashes that you submitted. if you happen to submit a hash which is higher than the network difficulty, the pool encodes a block and submits it to the network. if that block is accepted etc, then the pool distributes profits to the miners depending on several various systems, my pool (hashbag) uses a PPLNS or 'Pay Per Last N Shares' system where you are paid a part of each block reward based on the total difficulty of shares you submitted over time - i.e. the payouts are done independant of the block boundaries. suprnova uses a PROP system or "proportional" where the block reward is immediately divided to everyone who submitted shares for that block. there are other payout systems as well, just look up PPLNS / PPS / PROP etc.

as a solo miner, there are no shares since you never submit a hash until you found one which you can encode a block with.

3. you have the same chances no matter how many wallet addresses you use - it's all luck if any one of your generated hashes is above the network diff. sometimes a single card might pull off a 15k diff share within 5 mins of starting to hash.. other times not for months.. more hashes/sec just means more chances to pull off that elusive share which you can encode a block with. i would recommend pointing to the same wallet to make it easier to deal with any resulting rewards; and especially on a pool as you can see a list of all the workers and shared hash rate, whereas splitting wallets will be difficult to manage.

4. correct, block reward is 2500SIGT up to block 30k.

5. solo mining has no reward other than if you happen to find a hash; if you find a block but then it is orphaned due to a pool (who is usually well connected to lots of peers) finding a block between the time it takes for your block to generate and to end up in the pool's blockchain, then you lose your reward. some pools consider your shares for orphans and some dont, depending on the payout system. you take 100% of the risk with solo mining. it CAN be profitable, but it can also be almost nothing. my pool for example has had reasonable bad luck in the past 1hr30mins - we have found 0 blocks, however people are still getting paid thanks to PPLNS spreading the profits out across a longer period.

Thanks for the details - that does clear up some confusion I had!

With regard to having all my rigs point to a single wallet - is that a challenging endeavor ?
kapsel

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:04:06 PM

UPD: https://github.com/palginpav/ccminer/releases/download/v1.1/ccminer-1.1-skunk.zip , with reworked algos, speedup for 10xx cards, haven't tested on 9xx

can't see a speedup with GTX 1060, its even 1 Mh/s less in total - some config adjustments needed? Smiley

Speed for me is the same on 1060 6gb and 1070, but 1080 FE is faster by 1mh/s, getting about 32mh/s now with 65% power limit.
nansafap

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:12:39 PM

please help sgminer cant run at rx 560

Step 1: verify your device is present for miner

sgminer -n
pause

Step 2: run the miner, set -g number to your device number(s). If you have Intel HD graphics and it's enabled, try --gpu-platform 0 as well.

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer.exe -k skunkhash -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:8433 -u qwerty -p c=SIGT -I 16 -w 128 -g 0 --gpu-platform 1

This works fine for RX460 4Gb which is technically almost the same as RX560.

good and thanks.

btw what hashrate on ur rx460/rx560?
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 526 »
  Print  

Jump to: