Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:17:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 526 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine  (Read 823659 times)
Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 12:20:43 AM

It's stupid trivial to spoof file size (99% of blackhat encryption/packaging/obfuscation tools come standard with size spoof). Only muggles judge software that way. I'm sure sp can provide an md5 or sha hash of his spmod3. Then, one only needs to compare the hash of anything else claiming to be spmod3.
I compared it with a bought spmod3 miner, prefect byte match. So... you noob))
_sp should give you checksum so you could check if you stole legitimate miner from him or not? Cheesy

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
explosive

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

FantasyGold!!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 12:20:55 AM

Steady volume over 80btc, steady growth, nice buy wall wait until we are listed on more exchanges going to the moon Smiley
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:53:14 AM

It's stupid trivial to spoof file size (99% of blackhat encryption/packaging/obfuscation tools come standard with size spoof). Only muggles judge software that way. I'm sure sp can provide an md5 or sha hash of his spmod3. Then, one only needs to compare the hash of anything else claiming to be spmod3.
I compared it with a bought spmod3 miner, prefect byte match. So... you noob))
_sp should give you checksum so you could check if you stole legitimate miner from him or not? Cheesy

Well, if I was attaching my trojan to a legit program, I'd spoof it to the byte as well. Tends to fool the ones who think file size comparisons offer any security.

And yes, any developer should willingly supply a checksum. It offers no value other than identification.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 01:00:11 AM

Well, if I was attaching my trojan to a legit program, I'd spoof it to the byte as well. Tends to fool the ones who think file size comparisons offer any security.

And yes, any developer should willingly supply a checksum. It offers no value other than identification.
Once again for the slow ones - all bytes match perfectly.
And why would he provide a checksum if you didn't buy his miner? He will send you hash together with an exe when you pay 0.05 BTC )

IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:17:59 AM

Once again for the slow ones - all bytes match perfectly.
And why would he provide a checksum if you didn't buy his miner? He will send you hash together with an exe when you pay 0.05 BTC )

lol again, for the slow ones - its stupid trivial to spoof a file size to make "all bytes match perfectly". I hold a BS in computer science, you can trust me on this one.

It would be useful to the community to know if another piece of software, claiming to be something he developed, is legit or bugged (as has been seen in the wild). Besides, spmod3 doesn't provide the large margin compared to other miners as it used to. Because a checksum is only useful in identification, and because sp is a long time developer with good standing in the community, I don't see why anyone reasonable wouldn't do such a thing.

All of that is besides the point though. I don't care what was posted or where, I'm just arguing the point of thinking 2 files are equivalent based on file size. Grin

Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

its stupid trivial to spoof a file size to make "all bytes match perfectly". I hold a BS in computer science, you can trust me on this one.
When all bytes from one file match all the bytes from another file those files are identical.
You can throw your BS into trash if you think matching bytes means matching their count and not the order.

Fearless92

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:43:46 AM

REGARDING THE SIGT HACK. What I know.

In a YOUTUBE VIDEO regarding how to mine sigt, the uploder has given a link to a moded cc miner that gives 30% extra hash rate and alleged to have been sold by Dev for 25 USD. He decided to share with everyone because he received it for free, he claims.

However I tried mining using the original and the moded one and saw no difference on my gtx 1060.
Besides, what's raising suspicion is that in the bat file, the default mining pool is Yiimp pool.
The uploader's reasoning why he advice people to use  yiimp is "although supernova charges the least ( 0 last time I checked for sigt), supernova offlate has become buggy" - clearly no evidence or anything to back it.

Secondly, iv ran UBQ and LBRY mining before and Kaspersky never found virus in them.
Seconds after I ran the moded cc miner with yiimp pool, kaspersky detected and deleted the whole folder.

Thirdly, the video maker has included on how to setup a sigt qt wallet and how to enter the user wallet address into the bat.

From all of the above I feel that Yiimp pool was kept by default and adviced to be the mine pool because yiimp sends mined coins to the wallet unlike supernova. Hacker goes into showing how to set up sigt wallet n address to make sure he can them all with the moded cc miner.

Video link - https://youtu.be/FkhyApoWCDM

Hi,

I'm CryptoNoob. Several people had informed me about your post and I wanted to respond to clear things up.

1. I received SPMod3 from a user on the Official Signatum Telegram channel that had sent it to me. I didn't modify anything on it. I simply downloaded it and reuploaded it so that it would help other people out that wanted to see an increase in their hashrate. I did state in my video that it was paid software that normally cost $25, however in the comments I'd stated that I'd made a mistake and that at the time of recording that it actually cost around $127 as SP charges .05 BTC for the software.

2. I've had several people with GTX 1060s have reported that it helped them. If you wasn't noticing an increase in your hashrate, you can always reach out to me or any other member of the Signatum community for help. I'm very active in my comments and I try to help everyone that I can in anyway that I can. The whole reason I started my channel was because I have a lot of faith in Signatum and in the community that stands behind it and wanted to help people who wanted to know how to mine Signatum.

3. By default the batch file does have the Yiimp pool in there. When I received it, it was like that. I advised my viewers to use Yiimp pool as I felt it was easiest for beginners as there was no registration required. I was planning on making a follow-up video on how to mine on registered pools such as SuprNova, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I advised that Yiimp Pool did charge a 2% pool fee, but that it was easiest for beginners since they didn't have to worry about creating accounts, setting up workers or anything like that. Not that it's hard to do, but I wanted my viewer to become comfortable with being able to modify the batch files for the settings that best work for them. SuprNova was being buggy for me and several other members of the Signatum community, but only regarding the charts. I can post a screenshot if you wish.

4. Several people within the community and even in my video comments have stated that it worked fine for them and that no viruses were found. I've heard reports that some other mining softwares have been reported as being falsely flagged as viruses. For me Windows Defender showed that it was completely fine, however when try to modify the batch file for the CWI Closed Beta Miner (which I'm currently using), Windows tells me that it could be unsafe. I've never noticed any issues with the SPMod3 file that I did use however.

5. In order to use Yiimp Pool, users need to know their Signatum address as it's the user name when you're modifying your batch file assuming you're using Yiimp Pool. I advised my viewers to change the one that's in there by default to their own and modify other variables such as their intensity setting to best suit the users' individual needs and save the file. There was an address that came with the batch file by default, but it wasn't mine and I'm honestly not sure who's it is.... possibly SP's. I did inform my viewers to change it to their own though.

6. I had heard about the Yiimp Pool hack earlier from within the Signatum community. From what I've heard the hack affected the website directly and didn't involve hacked mining software. I feel really bad for anyone who may have been affected by this hack.

candyiman

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:44:06 AM

any prove that it is legit sp mod 3`?
candyiman

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:49:59 AM

In a YOUTUBE VIDEO regarding how to mine sigt, the uploder has given a link to a moded cc miner that gives 30% extra hash rate and alleged to have been sold by Dev for 25 USD. He decided to share with everyone because he received it for free, he claims.

However I tried mining using the original and the moded one and saw no difference on my gtx 1060.
Besides, what's raising suspicion is that in the bat file, the default mining pool is Yiimp pool.
The uploader's reasoning why he advice people to use  yiimp is "although supernova charges the least ( 0 last time I checked for sigt), supernova offlate has become buggy" - clearly no evidence or anything to back it.

Secondly, iv ran UBQ and LBRY mining before and Kaspersky never found virus in them.
Seconds after I ran the moded cc miner with yiimp pool, kaspersky detected and deleted the whole folder.

Thirdly, the video maker has included on how to setup a sigt qt wallet and how to enter the user wallet address into the bat.

From all of the above I feel that Yiimp pool was kept by default and adviced to be the mine pool because yiimp sends mined coins to the wallet unlike supernova. Hacker goes into showing how to set up sigt wallet n address to make sure he can them all with the moded cc miner.

Hi,

I'm CryptoNoob. Several people had informed me about your post and I wanted to respond to clear things up.

1. I received SPMod3 from a user on the Official Signatum Telegram channel that had sent it to me. I didn't modify anything on it. I simply downloaded it and reuploaded it so that it would help other people out that wanted to see an increase in their hashrate. I did state in my video that it was paid software that normally cost $25, however in the comments I'd stated that I'd made a mistake and that at the time of recording that it actually cost around $127 as SP charges .05 BTC for the software.

2. I've had several people with GTX 1060s have reported that it helped them. If you wasn't noticing an increase in your hashrate, you can always reach out to me or any other member of the Signatum community for help. I'm very active in my comments and I try to help everyone that I can in anyway that I can. The whole reason I started my channel was because I have a lot of faith in Signatum and in the community that stands behind it and wanted to help people who wanted to know how to mine Signatum.

3. By default the batch file does have the Yiimp pool in there. When I received it, it was like that. I advised my viewers to use Yiimp pool as I felt it was easiest for beginners as there was no registration required. I was planning on making a follow-up video on how to mine on registered pools such as SuprNova, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I advised that Yiimp Pool did charge a 2% pool fee, but that it was easiest for beginners since they didn't have to worry about creating accounts, setting up workers or anything like that. Not that it's hard to do, but I wanted my viewer to become comfortable with being able to modify the batch files for the settings that best work for them. SuprNova was being buggy for me and several other members of the Signatum community, but only regarding the charts. I can post a screenshot if you wish.

4. Several people within the community and even in my video comments have stated that it worked fine for them and that no viruses were found. I've heard reports that some other mining softwares have been reported as being falsely flagged as viruses. For me Windows Defender showed that it was completely fine, however when try to modify the batch file for the CWI Closed Beta Miner (which I'm currently using), Windows tells me that it could be unsafe. I've never noticed any issues with the SPMod3 file that I did use however.

5. In order to use Yiimp Pool, users need to know their Signatum address as it's the user name when you're modifying your batch file assuming you're using Yiimp Pool. I advised my viewers to change the one that's in there by default to their own and modify other variables such as their intensity setting to best suit the users' individual needs and save the file. There was an address that came with the batch file by default, but it wasn't mine and I'm honestly not sure who's it is.... possibly SP's. I did inform my viewers to change it to their own though.

6. I had heard about the Yiimp Pool hack earlier from within the Signatum community. From what I've heard the hack affected the website directly and didn't involve hacked mining software. I feel really bad for anyone who may have been affected by this hack.

reason why it is not available from drop box and got deleted? (to many users come on 4mb file Signatum Miners not that many)
Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 01:52:17 AM

when try to modify the batch file for the CWI Closed Beta Miner (which I'm currently using), Windows tells me that it could be unsafe
Batch file? Unsafe? It's just a text) Unless you are writing an obfuscated js there it shouldn't raise any alarms))

It is supermegalegit)
MD5 Checksum: 78B791482AF88BB3F41E95EF1B6BD266
SHA-1 Checksum: 1F9E9AB94E6995320406A9E2377021DFF48CB8A1
SHA-256 Checksum: 6077707C217DE5926A8DE535050A8DE6349A2862A7EFAF1FBA806C558974A3B1
SHA-512 Checksum: F9F3DCD7622BF793840C76E488B4BFDA0B8B8C17F1C184A11092CC607677B0A6815D3985D09F6C3 E55930FEB2F129E61A22A636D1099589F7F8C185EEE758FBC

But you can get CWI miner, it is even better for older cards (spmod3 for example has lower hashrate on 970 than previous versions).

candyiman

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:55:10 AM

when try to modify the batch file for the CWI Closed Beta Miner (which I'm currently using), Windows tells me that it could be unsafe
Batch file? Unsafe? It's just a text) Unless you are writing an obfuscated js there it shouldn't raise any alarms))

It is supermegalegit)
SHA-256 Checksum: 6077707C217DE5926A8DE535050A8DE6349A2862A7EFAF1FBA806C558974A3B1
SHA-512 Checksum: F9F3DCD7622BF793840C76E488B4BFDA0B8B8C17F1C184A11092CC607677B0A6815D3985D09F6C3 E55930FEB2F129E61A22A636D1099589F7F8C185EEE758FBC

But you can get CWI miner, it is even better for older cards (spmod3 for example has lower hashrate on 970 than previous versions).

I dont know what the checksum even means Cheesy hahah  anyway

and REalistic "test" that a user can try   lets say Mining with this miner on separated Rig on another acount on Suprnova and moving the coins to a New wallet?
Fearless92

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:56:25 AM

Hi,

reason why it is not available from drop box and got deleted? (to many users come on 4mb file Signatum Miners not that many)

It never got deleted from Dropbox as far as I'm aware. The reason the link was down was due to it reaching it's daily traffic limit because so many people were downloading it as I stated in the comments which is why I had to reupload the file to MEGA as from what I've heard MEGA can support more traffic than DropBox.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:58:01 AM

its stupid trivial to spoof a file size to make "all bytes match perfectly". I hold a BS in computer science, you can trust me on this one.
When all bytes from one file match all the bytes from another file those files are identical.
You can throw your BS into trash if you think matching bytes means matching their count and not the order.

You originally claimed file size.

Don't write if you don't know something for sure. Miner linked there is a legit spmod3.
Miner that is a trojan has completely different size and it's not this one.

That was the entire argument! lol

You know a good way for the general populous to check if all bytes match between 2 programs? Comparing checksums Cheesy

nekohachicoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

I say Hello :)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 01:59:57 AM

It is a project that attracts a little interest. Since we have several projects everyday, it seems quite difficult, but I support you.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 02:02:59 AM

You originally claimed file size.
That was the entire argument! lol
You know a good way for the general populous to check if all bytes match between 2 programs? Comparing checksums Cheesy
No I did not, I said the particular virus file that is masked as spmod miner has a different size, nothing else.
Nowhere I stated that comparing file size alone is enough in all cases, but in this case it is.

zecon

Activity: 364

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:03:24 AM

Steady volume over 80btc, steady growth, nice buy wall wait until we are listed on more exchanges going to the moon Smiley

Accumulating, ready to stake as well when the time comes.

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
Fearless92

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:06:30 AM

It is supermegalegit)

I have no idea as to why Windows reported the CWI batch file as unsafe as it is just a text file lol.
candyiman

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:06:59 AM

Hi,

It never got deleted from Dropbox as far as I'm aware. The reason the link was down was due to it reaching it's daily traffic limit because so many people were downloading it as I stated in the comments which is why I had to reupload the file to MEGA as from what I've heard MEGA can support more traffic than DropBox.

dropbox.com/support  If you can prove it that it got not deleted and a small file from drop box had SO MUCH Trafic   I will send 1k Sig to your youtube wallet

According to Dropbox support, public links for free accounts may not use more than 10GB of bandwidth per day while that limit is 250GB per day for paid Dropbox accounts. The links are automatically suspended if any of your files exceed that limit.

Fearless92

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:15:20 AM

Hi,

dropbox.com/support  If you can prove it that it got not deleted and a small file from drop box had SO MUCH Trafic   I will send 1k Sig to your youtube wallet

According to Dropbox support, public links for free accounts may not use more than 10GB of bandwidth per day while that limit is 250GB per day for paid Dropbox accounts. The links are automatically suspended if any of your files exceed that limit.

The link was originally down due to too much traffic going to the dropbox link. For some reason the link is now saying that it's restricted and I'm really not sure why. Possibly a copyright claim by SP? If you read the comments on the video at least one person said that the link was down due to traffic.
BellicoseBenny

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:16:23 AM

If people think there is a trojan in it, probably other reports not SP

And i bet the miner dings as a virus whether it is or not
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 526 »
  Print  

Jump to: