Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2018, 01:05:32 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum moderation policy  (Read 442800 times)
independence

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:40:51 AM

Tip for new users. Do not write short messages. They are deleted. To prevent messages from being deleted, you must write long messages. My messages, which consisted of 10 words, were deleted. Activity = 0.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hilariousetc

Activity: 868
Merit: 753

Bountyhive.io - Connecting ICOs & Bounty Hunters

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:54:06 AM

Tip for new users. Do not write short messages. They are deleted. To prevent messages from being deleted, you must write long messages. My messages, which consisted of 10 words, were deleted. Activity = 0.

This is nonsense. It doesn't matter how short or long your posts are but posts are removed for breaking the rules which you should read about here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Your posts probably consisted of short pointless messages like "thanks for this project" or just saying things like "watching", "great" etc and that's why they will have been removed. Stretching your responses out to 10+ words wouldn't have helped in this instance.

Ferry5757

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:25:03 PM

Does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of noob shitposters probably account farmers as well are posting garbage in these stickied threads ? I'm thinking they've learned that their posts get deleted in the spam threads when the whole thread gets nuked , so they're posting on ones they know aren't going to be. Or maybe that just my cynicism and paranoia speaking here. Still, I think the theory has some validity. I've recently reported a few zero value posts from stickied threads.
hilariousetc

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:58:19 PM

Does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of noob shitposters probably account farmers as well are posting garbage in these stickied threads ? I'm thinking they've learned that their posts get deleted in the spam threads when the whole thread gets nuked , so they're posting on ones they know aren't going to be. Or maybe that just my cynicism and paranoia speaking here. Still, I think the theory has some validity. I've recently reported a few zero value posts from stickied threads.

Sometimes the irony is just too much:

Does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of noob shitposters--probably account farmers as well--are posting garbage in these stickied threads?  I'm thinking they've learned that their posts get deleted in the spam threads when the whole thread gets nuked, so they're posting on ones they know aren't going to be.  Or maybe that's just my cynicism and paranoia speaking here.  Still, I think the theory has some validity.   I've recently reported a few zero value posts from stickied threads. 

nanohits

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:10:09 AM

For the life of me I dont understand why bitcointalk allows posters to self moderate or lock topics in the marketplace. This is an invitation for Scammers and its like telling them welcome here, start your scam!!

This forum has turned into a Scammers paradise. Wonder who put this crap policy that they can self moderate.

Just think about a minute for it and the consequences of how many people are getting ripped off. One must be mad to allow this.
Jemcrew

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:25:00 AM

I have a concern regarding the Altcoin bounty thread. For some company(not all) it seems like 100 threads for one bounty/airdrop campaign. Sometimes it hard to track. there should be a one stop support for all bounties in one thread for one company. Sometimes I found the members are submitting their weekly task by adding reply instead of editing first reply of thread. It makes the thread more complicated and hard for bounty manager to track.

My apology if i made any mistake.
Exceptional concern about the Altcoin resources thread. For some company(not all) it seems like 100 threads for just one bounty/airdrop campaign. Sometimes it hard to track. there should be an one stop support for all bounties in one thread for one company. Sometimes I actually found the members are submitting their weekly process by adding reply rather than editing first reply of thread. It makes the thread more complicated and hard for bounty administrator to track
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1081

SFR DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/2ClWYOh

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 06:00:07 PM

I made a question-thread about btc growing up, but moderator has removed id.
Why?
I made all by rules you wrote there
Perhaps was counted as "pointless" or "repetitive" (to the one that handled/trashed it):

23. When deciding if a user has broken the rules, the staff have the right to follow their interpretation of the rules.[e]

23. This rule is meant to prevent from users exploiting possible loopholes in the rules or some interpretations that follow the literal meaning of the rule rather than the meaning of what it truly wanted to prevent.

More rules can be found on this thread: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1175

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:17:40 PM

Sometimes the irony is just too much:

Does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of noob shitposters--probably account farmers as well--are posting garbage in these stickied threads?  I'm thinking they've learned that their posts get deleted in the spam threads when the whole thread gets nuked, so they're posting on ones they know aren't going to be.  Or maybe that's just my cynicism and paranoia speaking here.  Still, I think the theory has some validity.   I've recently reported a few zero value posts from stickied threads. 

It can't possibly get much better than that!  Too funny.

Don't let sidehack fade away...【ツ】Buy him a burger!   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Afinity26

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:06:00 AM

I think the moderation policy has to be kept, even though I have been a victim over time, that is because for any organization to function effectively, there has to be a policy, guidelines or rules and regulations guiding that organization. So we need not to be angry over the actions of the moderator in this forum. For me, i have been worn severally but yet am still here, trying to do the right thing in order stay in the forum.
Souldream

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:24:47 AM

I think the moderation policy has to be kept, even though I have been a victim over time, that is because for any organization to function effectively, there has to be a policy, guidelines or rules and regulations guiding that organization. So we need not to be angry over the actions of the moderator in this forum. For me, i have been worn severally but yet am still here, trying to do the right thing in order stay in the forum.
Yes, i have been scammed one tine, I'm only beginner in here and i want so badly invest bitcoin, I don't think about all. All about my mind is to investing bitcoin. I don't reseqrch my buyer/seller. So when i experience this, it gives me a lesson and after that before i invest or buy coins. I'm check if it is legit or not

▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
███████                ██████
███████                ██████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▀▀▀▀██    ██▀▀▀▀███████
███████    ██    ██    ███████
███████    ▀██▄▄██▀    ███████
███████▄     ▀▀▀▀     ▄███████
████████▄            ▄████████
██████████▄▄      ▄▄██████████
██████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
.TokenUnion.

Reinventing Savings via Cryptoeconomically
Incentivized Holding

████▄▄▄
   ██  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄
   ██        ▀▀▀███▄
  ██     ▄██▄     ██
  ██     ▀██▀     ██
 ██   ███▄▄▄     ██
 ██     ▀▀▀███   ██
██   ███▄▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀███   ██
▀███▄▄▄        ██
   ▀▀▀████▄▄▄  ██
         ▀▀▀████
WP
■  Telegram     ■  Github
            ■  Reddit     ■  Twitter
maxwelll

Activity: 14

"police bounty"

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:40:44 AM

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

I think it needs to be tightened
do you still feel that the rules in this forum are not yet tight? The merit system has made many people despair.
bitperson

Activity: 168
Merit: 85

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:57:17 AM

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

Many new users try to gain activity by posting a random question such as "here's an article about $TOPIC, what do you think about it?", and then we have another spam megathread. I'm thinking that introducing a new topic should require a reasonable amount of intelligent (and obviously non-plagiarised) discussion by the thread starter and that topics lacking such introductory discussion should be deleted.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1NFJFJgFc1ia7Y1DtyJWgvJLxCovt5v2RH
Cairo18

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:43:05 AM

4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

Many new users try to gain activity by posting a random question such as "here's an article about $TOPIC, what do you think about it?", and then we have another spam megathread. I'm thinking that introducing a new topic should require a reasonable amount of intelligent (and obviously non-plagiarised) discussion by the thread starter and that topics lacking such introductory discussion should be deleted.

For me as a new member it is right to have a moderate policy in answering some questions because other may think that they can bully or they answer in sarcastic without knowing it. Answering in a good way,eventhoug there is something grammatical error may be considred if we answer it correctly.

REMECOIN.IO - Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
DmitriyBorisov91

Activity: 52

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:45:52 PM

Can I selling ICO whitelist accounts  on this forum, or I will be banned for that?

traceto.io: Revolutionising KYC Services
Blockchain – KYC – A.I. - Compliance (https://traceto.io)
hilariousetc

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

Can I selling ICO whitelist accounts  on this forum, or I will be banned for that?

What exactly is a ICO whitelist account? You mean bitcointalk accounts or something else? Most things can be sold here as long as they're not illegal so you'll probably be ok but I'd need clarification before I could give you a definitive answer.

DmitriyBorisov91

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:33:01 PM

What exactly is a ICO whitelist account? You mean bitcointalk accounts or something else? Most things can be sold here as long as they're not illegal so you'll probably be ok but I'd need clarification before I could give you a definitive answer.

I mean account on https://pchain.org with approved KYC, ready to particulete on ICO   

bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:08:10 AM

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

I mean, I am all up for this. It's difficult for the moderators and admins to maintain the forums, especially when there are lots of contents that are only made to add a post whether for their requirements in campaigns or to rank up their membership. However, I may also add that it's just a bit too indiscriminate sometimes because I have personally experienced about three even four of my posts being erased when I always ensure that the contents of my reply are on point plus the topics I select are those considered "hot" or reply-filled threads. So, sometimes, I ask myself, what is their rating to delete a post or thread, I just feel that sometimes it's too subjective.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
Evasdiamond

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

I've been having problems with my account since last year because their is no way I could get informations like this when I was a newbie.

I admit that I copypaste a post when I was a newbie, but I was just a boob back then. I later got banned when I became junior member.  Till date no moderator sees my query as reasonable. Some moderator will even respond to me negatively, just because i seek for their help, I don't know how to classify that type of behavior.

I really hope that a moderator will help someday.
Account username @Jameseversmile
DmitriyBorisov91

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:57:45 AM

Why nobody can answer about selling ico accounts?

TheQuin

Activity: 560
Merit: 604

Freebitco.in Forum Dude https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:19:09 AM

Why nobody can answer about selling ico accounts?

It might be because this is the Bitcoin Forum and not the ICO Forum so noone really cares. As long as it is not illegal and you are selling them for Bitcoin you can sell anything here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.