Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:35:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you received your refund or unit yet?
Yes - 10 (38.5%)
No - 16 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [3] countdown!  (Read 56584 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:50:49 AM

what are ppl planning on doing with them after the difficulty makes them worthless next year?

Mine SHA256 ALT coins and pray they gain traction.  Cheesy
I should think most of the SHA256 ALT coins can be successfully 51% attacked and thus destroyed with these Avalons. I expect the alt-coins to gravitate to Scrypt simply out of sheer survival.

Well, that's the only option after these are unprofitable. The only other use for them would be to part it out or use it as a paper weight.

Re: sha256 alts being unstable: I think as asics get cheaper and old gen basics become unprofitable, they will switch over and protect sha256 coins. Kind of how Basic moved all the GPUs to scrypt. This is obviously purely speculation.

I don't particularly find any of the sha256 alts interesting, but who's to say they won't gain in value over time, it is anyone's guess. Or perhaps a new sha256 coin will come out that is actually a benefit to bit coin.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:12:29 AM

Only PPC  Tongue
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:42:23 PM

I cant believe it. They shipped the chips first. We will never reach ROI now.

For batch-3 devices that are delivered soon, you're looking at a 3-4 month ROI. Not bad, but not great. Any significant delay will kill that ROI as lots of hashing power is coming online late this year.

Can you provide a spreadsheet of your calculations?  I believe you are way off and not even in the same ballpark.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:31:29 PM

For batch-3 devices that are delivered soon, you're looking at a 3-4 month ROI. Not bad, but not great. Any significant delay will kill that ROI as lots of hashing power is coming online late this year.

Can you provide a spreadsheet of your calculations?  I believe you are way off and not even in the same ballpark.
I think he's right, actually.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
therustytrombone

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:37:40 PM

This is incorrect.   A 4-module unit cost 100 btc and the exchange at the time was around $72.  You entered $7200 cost for the 3-module machine.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:44:09 PM

Can you provide a spreadsheet of your calculations?  I believe you are way off and not even in the same ballpark.

This is incorrect.   A 4-module unit cost 100 btc and the exchange at the time was around $72.  You entered $7200 cost for the 3-module machine.
Actually that was the defaults for an Avalon, so blame the page. In any case, if you want a return in terms of BTC you should be running it against what 100 BTC can buy today, meaning the cost of a 4-unit should be priced in dollar terms as just over $9k. Some calcs make this easier by allowing you to price cost in BTC too, but Coinish is down right now.

There's your figures for an Avalon 4-unit, even worse:

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
therustytrombone

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:14:50 PM

A 4-unit model cost 100 btc, or $7200 at the time of purchase, why are you struggling with this concept?  Huh  Units delivered soon will most likely achieve 100% return in terms of USD but probably not BTC.
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:24:21 PM

Let me know how your search for an Avalon goes in 10 days when you are offering people 50 BTC.   Cheesy

Right, you base your price on emotion rather than adding up how much it will mine which is why you use emoticons rather than mathematical formulas.  Eventually people who cannot calculate will run out of money and mining equipment will be sold based on what they make.

You mad, bruh?  Look, sorry if I hurt your feelings by using an emoticon to laugh at your silly valuation of 50 bitcoins for an avalon.  It was quite funny though.  This is coming from someone with a cartoon girl as his logo, yes?

Feel free to present facts and figures if you want.  It's all speculation though, and hinges on other vaporware companies and DIYers releasing their product in a timely manner.  To date, that has NEVER happened.  Every calculator I've used so far shows ROI at the latest being October with a 40%/month difficulty increase.  And here's one more LOL for you and your silly lowball numbers --->   Cheesy  

PS - weren't you the one trying to buy batch 3s a month ago for 75btc?  Yes, I still have your pm. I bet nobody took you up on it then either.   Cheesy
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:26:18 PM

A 4-unit model cost 100 btc, or $7200 at the time of purchase, why are you struggling with this concept?  Huh  Units delivered soon will most likely achieve 100% return in terms of USD but probably not BTC.
they were priced in btc not usd. Hence it's a loss 100%. Ask anyone wjo knows business or economics or advanced reasoning skills

ok
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:06:47 PM

Actually that was the defaults for an Avalon, so blame the page. In any case, if you want a return in terms of BTC you should be running it against what 100 BTC can buy today, meaning the cost of a 4-unit should be priced in dollar terms as just over $9k. Some calcs make this easier by allowing you to price cost in BTC too, but Coinish is down right now.

There's your figures for an Avalon 4-unit, even worse:

https://i.imgur.com/AyeMFLw.png

Your numbers are still a little mixed up.

3 module avalon hashes between 72 and 84 mh/s and originally cost roughly 75 btc.
4 module avalon hashes between 96 and 112 mh/s and originally cost roughly 100 btc.

Buy & Hold
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:14:02 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 09:05:24 PM by pikeadz

so you will start to realize a profit after about 4 months.  You ignore those number and point to other sales number or your made-up numbers or you just make a bunch of stupid comments.  blah blah blah

Let me get this straight.  You got this far and didn't even disagree with me?   We agree ROI will be around 3.5 to 4 months.  With that in mind, your valuation of 50btc per avalon is silly and warrants -->  Cheesy 

Now stop cluttering this thread with irrelevant nonsense.
akhentek

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:25:21 PM

Yo HELP.org,

Your estimates appear reasonable and certainly better than 0 ROI.  Hopefully it will probably fall somewhere in the middle of 4 - 8 months instead of nothing.

The value of an Avalon is kind of dependant on future compatibility with newer more powerful modules that can purchased, and be up and running immediately upon release. 

They will be only selling chips going forward, does that mean there will be no upgrade modules available when next-gen chips come out? 

Curious to know if anyone knows more details about how they will proceed forward with upgrades. 

A.

brocktice

Activity: 292

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 08:38:38 PM

The main reason I ordered an Avalon was to have my vote in the BTC system, it's not just about ROI in BTC. I don't know if that matters to any of you, but it's something to keep in mind. All of your BTC are subject to the whims of the people running the network with their hash power. I had a large stake in that with GPUs until recently, and I don't intend to let it go. No refund for me, I'll take it when I get it (hopefully sooner rather than later of course).

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:00:57 PM

...  I showed you the calculation where I projected ahead 11 difficulty increases with a 25% difficulty increase per round. 

Is there a URL for that projection software?

I try to be respectful and informed.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:40:07 PM

...  I showed you the calculation where I projected ahead 11 difficulty increases with a 25% difficulty increase per round. 

Is there a URL for that projection software?

extrapolation, however its good to be conservative.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:47:56 AM

Still waiting for Avalon to finish up their "burn in" testing...

I guess I can just kiss our 700+ BTC goodbye...

Avalon = scammers
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:33:08 AM

Avalon = scammers
Today is last working day of the 2 weeks for batch#3 machines shipment that Avalon claimed in latest newsletter.
Reality is only few machines which are batch#2 design were shipped. Most of batch#3 customers still waiting for their machines and refunds.
What they have done and they are doing are asking people to paste a scammer label on them.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:49:50 AM

Avalon = scammers
Today is last working day of the 2 weeks for batch#3 machines shipment that Avalon claimed in latest newsletter.
Reality is only few machines which are batch#2 design were shipped. Most of batch#3 customers still waiting for their machines and refunds.
What they have done and they are doing are asking people to paste a scammer label on them.

Getting the hardware now is no good, we won't make back the BTC we paid for it. If they had delivered it in the time frame they said they would when refunds were offered, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Getting a refund now is no good for me, some people payed 2x what I payed for the equipment for a share in the funds mined. A refund would solve my problems, but then a lot of people that have done business with me or group buy participants would be screwed.

The only way Avalon could make it up to me in my mind would be shipping me an extra "free" unit. I kind of think the chances of this happening are very slim. Avalon and company do not seem like nice people. They ignore us and leave us in the dark for months on end, while we are left to guess the status of our overdue orders.

I'm so glad there are other options to buy ASICs popping up because I am never ordering from Avalon ever again. I would rather sell the equipment than trade it in for their newer generation (seeing how they are treating trade-in customers, this is probably the best move).

I am so frustrated, this whole situation is so stressful for me. I wish Avalon would be men of their words. I remember at the Bitcoin conference, Bitsyncom was treated like a king. So many people were kissing his ass as if he was some kind of hero. I wonder if those same people are now cursing him as they wait for their batch 1/2/3/trade in machines...
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:58:09 AM

Avalon = scammers

Getting the hardware now is no good, we won't make back the BTC we paid for it. If they had delivered it in the time frame they said they would when refunds were offered, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Getting a refund now is no good for me, some people payed 2x what I payed for the equipment for a share in the funds mined. A refund would solve my problems, but then a lot of people that have done business with me or group buy participants would be screwed.

The only way Avalon could make it up to me in my mind would be shipping me an extra "free" unit. I kind of think the chances of this happening are very slim. Avalon and company do not seem like nice people. They ignore us and leave us in the dark for months on end, while we are left to guess the status of our overdue orders.

I'm so glad there are other options to buy ASICs popping up because I am never ordering from Avalon ever again. I would rather sell the equipment than trade it in for their newer generation (seeing how they are treating trade-in customers, this is probably the best move).

I am so frustrated, this whole situation is so stressful for me. I wish Avalon would be men of their words. I remember at the Bitcoin conference, Bitsyncom was treated like a king. So many people were kissing his ass as if he was some kind of hero. I wonder if those same people are now cursing him as they wait for their batch 1/2/3/trade in machines...
As a batch#3 customer, I am also in an embarrassed situation.
Even if I asked refund before, I would not receive my money till now. But till now, I did not receive my miner either.
We are losing money no matter which option we chose.
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:56:30 AM

I received my unit yesterday. It appears to be new or cleaned really well. So far it seems to run great. 84XX
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: