Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:19:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you received your refund or unit yet?
Yes - 10 (38.5%)
No - 16 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [3] countdown!  (Read 56586 times)
JeanCool

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

School of Hard Knocks

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:18:43 PM

F*ck your customers hard and you get the reward!

http://bitcoinexaminer.org/avalon-might-be-getting-a-200-million-investment-and-20nm-technology-to-become-the-leader-of-the-mining-market/#comment-3379
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:28:23 PM

Sounds like completely the wrong bunch of people, from the most sinister and murky world of finance to be getting involved with Bitcoin mining. Ex-Lehman is everything Bitcoin is meant to be removing itself from. Also, and no discredit to Yifu, as I don't know what he's current intentions are with current orders, I can only presume he his trying to fulfil them, but he is not the engineering talent that kind of money would be investing in, surely??

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 07:40:15 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 07:53:46 PM by Ytterbium

Sounds like completely the wrong bunch of people, from the most sinister and murky world of finance to be getting involved with Bitcoin mining. Ex-Lehman is everything Bitcoin is meant to be removing itself from. Also, and no discredit to Yifu, as I don't know what he's current intentions are with current orders, I can only presume he his trying to fulfil them,

The whole point of bitcoin is that anyone can do it, anyone can get involved, and no one can "cheat" the rules of the system (Unless they get 51%, which Na. Gan. Happen.)

but he is not the engineering talent that kind of money would be investing in, surely??

He's got a working chip that can be cranked out en-mass today.  With $200 mil you can hire all the talent you need.

On the other hand, a $200 million dollar investment in bitcoin mining today is a bit insane. At $100/btc means you'll see at most $131,400,000 a year return for the entire network, and that's only until the next difficulty halving.  If Wallstreet types are investing that kind of money in mining BTC, that means that either the price of bitcoin is going to have to go up a lot, or else they're completely insane and will lose all their money.

Also, remember - just because someone is a billionaire doesn't make them smart. You need to know a lot about IC design in order to even evaluate someone's abilities. On the other hand, they can easily see that this guy has a chip, so he can clearly at least get a working chip.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:40:39 PM

Sounds like completely the wrong bunch of people, from the most sinister and murky world of finance to be getting involved with Bitcoin mining. Ex-Lehman is everything Bitcoin is meant to be removing itself from. Also, and no discredit to Yifu, as I don't know what he's current intentions are with current orders, I can only presume he his trying to fulfil them, but he is not the engineering talent that kind of money would be investing in, surely??

I wonder if they are going to the get the "No BS rules as well".  Would be nice to see some high powered folks get the shaft from Mr. Gou.

Edit: and with no data... I am armchair quarterbacking that if any business relationships were being setup... it would be for about 1/10th the stated amount.
koob

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:44:30 PM

or else they're completely insane and will lose all their money.

or this rumor wont happen.
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:55:57 PM

Bitcoin Examiner has been gathering rumors around the web and was informed by an anonymous source about this highly secretive meeting, which is set to occur this Monday or Tuesday (August 5 or 6).

I stopped reading at that point. What's next, Paypal will adapt BTC, oh wait....... Roll Eyes
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 07:56:40 PM

I wonder if they are going to the get the "No BS rules as well".  Would be nice to see some high powered folks get the shaft from Mr. Gou.

Seriously, what is it with all the vitriol? Avalon so far has a lot of happy customers so far, they aren't anything like BFL. I get some people are mad but so far the vast majority of Avalon customers have gotten what they paid for, and Batch 3 orders are shipping if you check the thread.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:04:12 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 08:28:06 PM by Bitcoinorama

Sounds like completely the wrong bunch of people, from the most sinister and murky world of finance to be getting involved with Bitcoin mining. Ex-Lehman is everything Bitcoin is meant to be removing itself from. Also, and no discredit to Yifu, as I don't know what he's current intentions are with current orders, I can only presume he his trying to fulfil them,

The whole point of bitcoin is that anyone can do it, anyone can get involved, and no one can "cheat" the rules of the system (Unless they get 51%, which Na. Gan. Happen.)

but he is not the engineering talent that kind of money would be investing in, surely??

He's got a working chip that can be cranked out en-mass today.  With $200 mil you can hire all the talent you need.

On the other hand, a $200 million dollar investment in bitcoin mining today is a bit insane. At $100/btc means you'll see at most $131,400,000 a year return for the entire network, and that's only until the next difficulty halving.  If Wallstreet types are investing that kind of money in mining BTC, that means that either the price of bitcoin is going to have to go up a lot, or else they're completely insane and will lose all their money.

Also, remember - just because someone is a billionaire doesn't make them smart. You need to know a lot about IC design in order to even evaluate someone's abilities. On the other hand, they can easily see that this guy has a chip, so he can clearly at least get a working chip.

No I get that, I'm not denying Yifu is smart, just his attributes at management seemed to be questioned here daily with some justification. I don't see why given a level playing field and a pot of cash why, unless they like the guy, but that alone doesn't warrant those figures. I mean like the guy, even though i've never met him or invested with him, he has charisma, but some of those who have invested with him vocally disagree with my view. Also the twitter account of Andrew Larson has him open slating KnC as fraudulent in it's third most recent post, which is utter BS. They are real and he could easily confirm that in person of as money is no object to him allegedly. This is most bizarre.

Furthermore how does this decentralise or stop greedy companies?? That's utter BS!! Multiple companies competing against each other giving us miners a fair price removes greed and decentralises. That's the epitome of a fair market. One company that dominates with an exclusive tech no one else has access to is the epitome of centralisation, with a few greedy people overseeing it skimming profit which is to be fair what a) Lehman was famous for before it's collapse, b) what Yifu is currently standing accused of w.r.t. Batch 2 pre mining...!

The commissions earned from selling sub-prime bonds is what Lehman profiteered from, the inability to sell the lower rated bonds was the reason it collapsed, and Andrew was a senior Government Advisor for Lehman througout this?!! Wasn't Bitcoin created a year later specifically to enable us to remove outselves from this fraud and the characters connected to it?

I'm totally serious here, I don't know the guy, perhaps he's super pleasant and has all our best interests at heart, or maybe he's remorseful for what he was part of, considering his love for money during and subsequent I doubt it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_of_Lehman_Brothers

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 09:29:37 PM

No I get that, I'm not denying Yifu is smart, just his attributes at management seemed to be questioned here daily with some justification.

People on this board whine about everything.  

I don't see why given a level playing field and a pot of cash why, unless they like the guy, but that alone doesn't warrant those figures.

Well, maybe if you had that much money you wouldn't invest with him. But you'd probably do your own chip project and hire your own chip designers, right?

These guys are likely not chip designers and don't know anything about chip design, in which case they'll only be able to evaluate based on people actually getting things done. That means either going with Avalon, BFL (lol) or Bitfury.

And anyway since when has the playing feild ever been level? Maybe these guys met Yifu at a conference, or something like that. He's probably the only Bitcoin ASIC designer they know.

And of course the rumor could be complete B.S. as well, obviously.

I mean like the guy, even though i've never met him or invested with him, he has charisma, but some of those who have invested with him vocally disagree with my view. Also the twitter account of Andrew Larson has him open slating KnC as fraudulent in it's third most recent post, which is utter BS. They are real and he could easily confirm that in person of as money is no object to him allegedly. This is most bizarre.

Furthermore how does this decentralise or stop greedy companies?? That's utter BS!! Multiple companies competing against each other giving us miners a fair price removes greed and decentralises. That's the epitome of a fair market.

The free market is not 'fair' at all. Those with the most money will have the lowest per-unit prices on mining chips. It just depends on what the cap-ex is.  For GPU mining it's almost nothing, only a few hundred for motherboard/CPU/Case/PSU etc.  For low-end ASIC mining it's a few hundred thousand for NRE and for high-end ASIC design it's in the millions. If the price of bitcoin goes up significantly you could see people build their own fabs, just to crap out bitcoin ASICs and get them on the network.

One company that dominates with an exclusive tech no one else has access to is the epitome of centralisation, with a few greedy people overseeing it skimming profit which is to be fair what a) Lehman was famous for before it's collapse, b) what Yifu is currently standing accused of w.r.t. Batch 2 pre mining...!

I don't get what your point is.  If both Yifu and his investors are shady, then they'll probably get along well.

So I don't really get why this is surprising to you, why would you be surprised that people you think are of low character would associate with each-other?

Anyway I don't really have a problem with Yifu personally - I ordered a B2 and I got it.  It would have been nice if it had been on time but it wasn't that late.

The commissions earned from selling sub-prime bonds is what Lehman profiteered from, the inability to sell the lower rated bonds was the reason it collapsed, and Andrew was a senior Government Advisor for Lehman througout this?!! Wasn't Bitcoin created a year later specifically to enable us to remove outselves from this fraud and the characters connected to it?

No.  Bitcoin is a system where you can't break the rules, unless you get 50%+1 of the network. The "character" of the people who use it is basically irrelevant. (So long as they're not actively malicious and trying to destroy the system, and who would spend $200m to do that? Super-hard-core litecoin enthusiasts?)

Either way, the only thing in control of bitcoin is the algorithm, and the algorithm can't judge people's character.

I'm totally serious here, I don't know the guy, perhaps he's super pleasant and has all our best interests at heart, or maybe he's remorseful for what he was part of, considering his love for money during and subsequent I doubt it.

Remorseful? What are you talking about? The only reason anyone is involved in bitcoin mining is because they love money. And anyway, Avalon was the first company to actually ship working miners to people, unlike BFL and the long forgotten bASIC.

Anyway, I kind of doubt anyone would actually invest $200m in bitcoin mining at this point, and 20nm isn't even that much better then 28nm.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:04:51 PM

Seriously, what is it with all the vitriol? Avalon so far has a lot of happy customers so far, they aren't anything like BFL. I get some people are mad but so far the vast majority of Avalon customers have gotten what they paid for, and Batch 3 orders are shipping if you check the thread.

Avalon haven't shipped "vast majority", he's just shipped 1 of 100's of batches of chips. Avalon batch #1 + #2 + #3 miners are financially a joke comparing to value of the chip batches. Just to remind you one batch is priced 782.1 BTC, worth of all batches is estimated over 10 mil US$, so shipping few batches of miners puts Avalon just a bit in front of BFL regrading per-orders taken from their customers. At least BFL has excuse that they have manufacturing problems, Avalon just has to forward the money, they do not even manufacture those chips, so no excuse for them. That's why all the vitriol.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 10:12:57 PM

Avalon haven't shipped "vast majority", he's just shipped 1 of 100's of batches of chips. Avalon batch #1 + #2 + #3 miners are financially a joke comparing to value of the chip batches. Just to remind you one batch is priced 782.1 BTC, worth of all batches is estimated over 10 mil US$, so shipping few batches of miners puts Avalon just a bit in front of BFL regrading per-orders taken from their customers. At least BFL has excuse that they have manufacturing problems, Avalon just has to forward the money, they do not even manufacture those chips, so no excuse for them. That's why all the vitriol.

They've obviously shipped some of their chip orders. I can see why the lack of communication would be worrying for some.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:27:28 PM

They've obviously shipped some of their chip orders. I can see why the lack of communication would be worrying for some.

They've shipped one (1) batch. I don't give a shit about the lack of communications, I'm vitriolic about being cheated by Yifu not delivering the group-buy chip batches I've bought as a member of those group-buys. He needs not to communicate to anyone, but he has to deliver chips in 10 weeks after being sent 10 mil US$ in advance. And he hasn't delivered them, and is now 15 weeks since he took those millions of dollars.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:50:24 PM

That 200 million thing is complete BS.

Just google: Avalon 200 million

and scroll past the FUD. Troll riding off another firm that has raised 200 million with Avalon in their name.

alpet
Legendary

Activity: 1912
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 08:24:20 AM

Today is the anniversary date - three months from 5/05 when must be started shipping B3. But my order 94## as before have status "Processing". BitSyncom can shutdown their bussines: only naive fools will do prepaid for B4.

Novacoin we trust!
https://svcpool.io - PoS cтeйкинг и oбмeнник NVC/BTC.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:27:47 AM

Well now that Batch 3 has started shipping and few units have started mining, whats the difficult rise prediction this month?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:47:17 AM

Today is the anniversary date - three months from 5/05 when must be started shipping B3. But my order 94## as before have status "Processing". BitSyncom can shutdown their bussines: only naive fools will do prepaid for B4.
My status is same with you.
Avalon's two weeks is in Mars' calendar or Jupiter's calendar?
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:19:46 AM

They sent me today my 3 Modules no PSU order 9xxx.
I'm not going to forget that they're 3 months late... I was thinking it was going to be longer, so I'm little happy.
mitak64

Activity: 254

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:24:15 AM

Just got my tracking  #  Grin

mitak64   46XX   3   1   N   3/25   EMS   Canada
alpet
Legendary

Activity: 1912
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 10:29:41 AM

Hmm, one hour ago I receive tracknumber. All refund requests are ignored. So need wait ~3 week for delivery, and probably pay tax to customs. Projected production from september in 12-month range, is about 45-55BTC total, but I prepaid 78BTC. So I'm very unhappy, and will be continue send hate rays to damned BitSyncom scammers. Here is the paradox: I get 12x120 Gh Bitfury  ( 200BTC  total prepaid ) before one ~80Gh Avalon shit piece.

Novacoin we trust!
https://svcpool.io - PoS cтeйкинг и oбмeнник NVC/BTC.
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:59:03 AM

I got track for 90xx thus it seems that this week all the 600 units will be out of China and next week
the whole 50-60 TH will be on line! Very unhappy of the long delay and the unrealistic ROI!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: